The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Simple challenge for the sake of honest discussion

Simple challenge for the sake of honest discussion

That might be true, except that it does not make the Bible false.

Another chance to read the record of what Jesus says about the scriptures here. - if you fail to consider this, you really have no stake in any claims in the discussion here, since Jesus own words on this matter would be most important. A true follower of Jesus would not dismiss or ignore what Jesus has to say about this.

Whether you believe Jesus did not speak those words (or something there abouts), just for the sake our discussion here, (remember this is a 'discussion' board) you can read his address to Nathaniel and specify which parts you believe or disagree with. This is not asking too much and is both fair and legitimate if you respect the rules of having an 'informed discussion' where all points of a debate can be honestly examined. Are you capable of that? This is your chance to prove your game-playership, intellectual honesty and courage to take a simple challenge to consider a specific address.

Again here.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I do not go to other books and other gospels for God's Truth.

Your exclusive clinging to a 'book' (some call that 'bibliolatry') is noted, but as proposed to you previously,...take the challenge for the sake of discussion to see where the record of Jesus address disagrees with your unnecessary worship of a collection of writings, written by imperfect men and canonized in a way to serve their own religious purposes.

You cant put 'God' in a box.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
That might be true, except that it does not make the Bible false.

The Bible is sort of like an online forum that was totally locked up in 400 AD. All's we have is the opinions of many different posters that have been made into The Word of God.

The Bible is Human.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Is it true that, the original Urantia book manuscript, suddenly "materialized" onto
a New Jersey park bench in the mid-nineteen fifties? Weren't there numerous
UFO sightings that day?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Your exclusive clinging to a 'book' (some call that 'bibliolatry') is noted, but as proposed to you previously,...take the challenge for the sake of discussion to see where the record of Jesus address disagrees with your unnecessary worship of a collection of writings, written by imperfect men and canonized in a way to serve their own religious purposes.

pj

No, but you sure can put your "inane" posts in a box, then, throw them in the nearest trash bin.

God's Truth

Your exclusive clinging to a 'book' (some call that 'bibliolatry') is noted,

You can never destroy God's written Word.

Whether the book I have is destroyed, I can go get another one.

but as proposed to you previously,...take the challenge for the sake of discussion to see where the record of Jesus address disagrees with your unnecessary worship of a collection of writings, written by imperfect men and canonized in a way to serve their own religious purposes.
Jesus revealed the truth to me. I would not ever give up what God has shown me.

That is your feeble attempt at trying to shame me into reading your fictional book. I wouldn't waste my time.

God's Truth

Another chance to read the record of what Jesus says about the scriptures here. - if you fail to consider this, you really have no stake in any claims in the discussion here, since Jesus own words on this matter would be most important. A true follower of Jesus would not dismiss or ignore what Jesus has to say about this.

Whether you believe Jesus did not speak those words (or something there abouts), just for the sake our discussion here, (remember this is a 'discussion' board) you can read his address to Nathaniel and specify which parts you believe or disagree with. This is not asking too much and is both fair and legitimate if you respect the rules of having an 'informed discussion' where all points of a debate can be honestly examined. Are you capable of that? This is your chance to prove your game-playership, intellectual honesty and courage to take a simple challenge to consider a specific address.

Again here.

pj

I can join the discussion by explaining the Holy Bible to you and hope that God will grant you repentance leading you to a knowledge of the truth.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
dont waste any more time........

dont waste any more time........

That is your feeble attempt at trying to shame me into reading your fictional book. I wouldn't waste my time.

I'm not attempting to get you to read the UB ('God' doesn't force anything) neither shame you (that's weird), but did challenge you in reading what Jesus has to say about the scriptures from the UB record. It takes maybe 5 minutes or less to read, you've been given the link.

You apparently aren't interested in what Jesus has to say from this source, so you aren't really interested in an open honest discussion about it. If this is wasting your time, you're welcome to leave the thread, instead of being courageous enough to discuss the 'text' itself, which refutes your narrow bigoted belief-system. If you're not interested in discussing the UB (that includes the text and its teachings by Jesus), then you are in the wrong thread :wave2:

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Sorry, did you forget the subject of the thread?

Sorry, did you forget the subject of the thread?

I can join the discussion by explaining the Holy Bible to you and hope that God will grant you repentance leading you to a knowledge of the truth.

Spare the religious patronizing and apologetics,.....since this thread is about the UB, not the Bible. If you are going to be in this thread, you have to be exposed to and engage the concepts, text and principles being shared, with due respect which means reading those passages or papers being discussed to engage in an informed discussion, - if you cant/wont do that, you are wasting everyone's time.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You can never destroy God's written Word.

Whether the book I have is destroyed, I can go get another one.

Jesus revealed the truth to me. I would not ever give up what God has shown me.

God doesn't write Words on paper, he writes them on our hearts, then we write them on paper through human thought streams.

I think Jesus of the Urantia Book speaks the "truth" about mans scriptures:

159:4.7 “The authority of truth is the very spirit that indwells its living manifestations, and not the dead words of the less illuminated and supposedly inspired men of another generation. And even if these holy men of old lived inspired and spirit-filled lives, that does not mean that their words were similarly spiritually inspired. Today we make no record of the teachings of this gospel of the kingdom lest, when I have gone, you speedily become divided up into sundry groups of truth contenders as a result of the diversity of your interpretation of my teachings. For this generation it is best that we live these truths while we shun the making of records.

159:4.8 “Mark you well my words, Nathaniel, nothing which human nature has touched can be regarded as infallible. Through the mind of man divine truth may indeed shine forth, but always of relative purity and partial divinity. The creature may crave infallibility, but only the Creators possess it.

159:4.9 “But the greatest error of the teaching about the Scripture is the doctrine of their being sealed books of mystery and wisdom which only the wise minds of the nation dare to interpret. The revelations of divine truth are not sealed except by human ignorance, bigotry, and narrow-minded intolerance. The light of the Scriptures is only dimmed by prejudice and darkened by superstition. A false fear of sacredness has prevented religion from being safeguarded by common sense. The fear of the authority of the sacred writings of the past effectively prevents the honest souls of today from accepting the new light of the gospel, the light which these very God-knowing men of another generation so intensely longed to see.

159:4.10 “But the saddest feature of all is the fact that some of the teachers of the sanctity of this traditionalism know this very truth. They more or less fully understand these limitations of Scripture, but they are moral cowards, intellectually dishonest. They know the truth regarding the sacred writings, but they prefer to withhold such disturbing facts from the people. And thus do they pervert and distort the Scriptures, making them the guide to slavish details of the daily life and an authority in things nonspiritual instead of appealing to the sacred writings as the repository of the moral wisdom, religious inspiration, and the spiritual teaching of the God-knowing men of other generations.”

Last edited:

God's Truth

God doesn't write Words on paper, he writes them on our hearts, then we write them on paper through human thought streams.

God does write them on our hearts! That is right.

However, God does that after people who obey what Jesus says as written in the New Covenant.

You are too busy believing a book that did what God warns against doing, and that is adding and subtracting from His word.

I think Jesus of the Urantia Book speaks the "truth" about mans scriptures:

Man's scriptures are things man added to God's written word, and that is exactly what you have bought into, a book that adds and subtracts from God's word.

Jesus says that tradition keeps man from God’s truth: Matthew 15:6-9 Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you: “‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.’”
Mark 7:8-9, 13 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.” And he said to them: “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

God's Truth

I'm not attempting to get you to read the UB ('God' doesn't force anything) neither shame you (that's weird), but did challenge you in reading what Jesus has to say about the scriptures from the UB record. It takes maybe 5 minutes or less to read, you've been given the link.

You apparently aren't interested in what Jesus has to say from this source, so you aren't really interested in an open honest discussion about it. If this is wasting your time, you're welcome to leave the thread, instead of being courageous enough to discuss the 'text' itself, which refutes your narrow bigoted belief-system. If you're not interested in discussing the UB (that includes the text and its teachings by Jesus), then you are in the wrong thread :wave2:

pj

I am interested in speaking what the Holy Bible says about what your book goes against.

Why won't you listen to me?

You are everything you falsely accuse me of being and doing.

I am someone who want to speak about the Holy Bible with you, unlike some here who only wants to be a fly and a troll; but you only want to treat me as the troll treats you.

Aimiel

All one has to do is re-turn to 'God',....repent. This is what is essential.
Granted: repentance is essential, but it isn't enough...

Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, to the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

One CANNOT be redeemed without Christ's Blood.

And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

None.

God's Truth

Spare the religious patronizing and apologetics,.....since this thread is about the UB, not the Bible. If you are going to be in this thread, you have to be exposed to and engage the concepts, text and principles being shared, with due respect which means reading those passages or papers being discussed to engage in an informed discussion, - if you cant/wont do that, you are wasting everyone's time.

pj

You can't talk about your beliefs without putting down the Holy Bible. Your beliefs are based on an attack of the Holy Bible. If you can talk about your beliefs, then I can talk about mine.

The only kind of people you will attract are those who never understood what God says in the Holy Bible.

Matthew 13:19 When anyone hears the message about the kingdom and does not understand it, the evil one comes and snatches away what was sown in their heart. This is the seed sown along the path.

You are doing the work of the evil one, getting those who do not understand...just like you were once those who did not understand.

Aimiel

If Freelight were capable of treating Christians and The Holy Bible with the respect and honor he demands others treat him and his false bible with, he just might become Christian. He can't, since the devil in him hates The Holy Spirit in us.

God's Truth

If Freelight were capable of treating Christians and The Holy Bible with the respect and honor he demands others treat him and his false bible with, he just might become Christian. He can't, since the devil in him hates The Holy Spirit in us.

I agree.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
God does write them on our hearts! That is right.

However, God does that after people who obey what Jesus says as written in the New Covenant.

You are too busy believing a book that did what God warns against doing, and that is adding and subtracting from His word.

Man's scriptures are things man added to God's written word, and that is exactly what you have bought into, a book that adds and subtracts from God's word.

Jesus says that tradition keeps man from God’s truth: Matthew 15:6-9 Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you: “‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men.’”
Mark 7:8-9, 13 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men.” And he said to them: “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions! 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

Genesis
2.Exodus
3.Leviticus
4.Numbers
5.Deuteronomy

Deuteronomy 4:2​

"You shall not add to the word which I am commanding you, nor take away from it, that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.​

Books added AFTER Deuteronomy 4:2

7.Judges
8.Ruth
9.1 Samuel
10.2 Samuel
11.1 Kings
12.2 Kings
13.1 Chronicles
14.2 Chronicles
15.Ezra
16.Nehemiah
17.Esther