The Joys of Catholicism

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Miracles are in the eye of the beholder.

Wrong. Your subjective opinion does not match objective truth, ESPECIALLY what the Bible shows.

Miracles are, objectively, events that supersede natural or spiritual law.

Turning water into wine supersedes natural law and so is miraculous. Praying does not supersede any spiritual law so it is not miraculous to say a prayer, whereas a person exercising authority over a fallen angelic being, for example in an exorcism, would supersede spiritual law. Sections of the Bible differ in how commonly they record miracles. But there is one thread that runs consistently throughout:

Miracles foster unbelief.

Healing someone with medicine is not a miracle.

People "returning from the dead" are frauds, not the recipients of miracles.

Preachers today who do faith healings (supposed miracles) are frauds.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1. The Apocryphal books are helpful historically, but they do not belong in the Bible.

2. The Bible alone is authoritative, not tradition.

3. Peter was a great Apostle, but he was not the first pope.

4. The pope, the bishops and the magisterium are fallible

5. Mary was the mother of Jesus, nothing more.

6. Justification is instantaneous, once for all, and entirely by grace.

7. The sacrament of the Mass does not appease God.

8. The sacrament of penance does not absolve sin.

9. There is no purgatory, nor is it needed.

10. Jesus alone has changed my life forever.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
1. The Apocryphal books are helpful historically, but they do not belong in the Bible.
There are no "Apocryphal" books in the complete Christian Bible. Your Bible has been circumcised of seven books that are supposed to be there, and were removed for strictly partisan reasons.
2. The Bible alone is authoritative, not tradition.
The Apostles contributed to the Bible in writing, and they approved the entire canon of the Bible, and they are also the source of the Church's Sacred Tradition. The Scripture and Sacred Apostolic Tradition are both divine, together constitute the entire deposit of faith, and are of equal authority, because Christ gave His teaching authority to His Apostles.
3. Peter was a great Apostle, but he was not the first pope.
Yes he was. The office Jesus made, recorded in Matthew 16, is the pontificate, and He gave the office the keys to the kingdom of God.
4. The pope, the bishops and the magisterium are fallible
The men who hold the office of bishop are fallible, yes. However the Holy Spirit preserves them from error when they're teaching authoritatively.
5. Mary was the mother of Jesus, nothing more.
Jesus is God.
6. Justification is instantaneous, once for all, and entirely by grace.
That's Catholic.
7. The sacrament of the Mass does not appease God.
The Eucharist is the everlasting eternal sacrifice of Christ on the cross, and the Father accepts His Son's sacrifice eternally as well.
8. The sacrament of penance does not absolve sin.
It's also called the sacrament of reconciliation, which clarifies what absolution means here, it's reconciliation with the Church.
9. There is no purgatory, nor is it needed.
Our soul must be pure as thrice refined gold to be prepared for everlasting life, that's all.
10. Jesus alone has changed my life forever.
Does He want you to do anything, like go to church every week or avoid grave sins like adultery?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There are no "Apocryphal" books in the complete Christian Bible. Your Bible has been circumcised of seven books that are supposed to be there, and were removed for strictly partisan reasons.

The Apostles contributed to the Bible in writing, and they approved the entire canon of the Bible, and they are also the source of the Church's Sacred Tradition. The Scripture and Sacred Apostolic Tradition are both divine, together constitute the entire deposit of faith, and are of equal authority, because Christ gave His teaching authority to His Apostles.

Yes he was. The office Jesus made, recorded in Matthew 16, is the pontificate, and He gave the office the keys to the kingdom of God.

The men who hold the office of bishop are fallible, yes. However the Holy Spirit preserves them from error when they're teaching authoritatively.

Jesus is God.

That's Catholic.

The Eucharist is the everlasting eternal sacrifice of Christ on the cross, and the Father accepts His Son's sacrifice eternally as well.

It's also called the sacrament of reconciliation, which clarifies what absolution means here, it's reconciliation with the Church.

Our soul must be pure as thrice refined gold to be prepared for everlasting life, that's all.

Does He want you to do anything, like go to church every week or avoid grave sins like adultery?
1. The apocryphal books are not divine do not have scriptural authority.

2. Scripture is divine. Other writings are not.

3. Was Peter the first pope? The answer, according to Scripture, is a clear and emphatic “no.” Peter nowhere claims supremacy over the other apostles. Nowhere in his writings (1 and 2 Peter) did the Apostle Peter claim any special role, authority, or power over the church. Nowhere in Scripture does Peter, or any other apostle, state that their apostolic authority would be passed on to successors. Yes, the Apostle Peter had a leadership role among the disciples. Yes, Peter played a crucial role in the early spread of the gospel (Acts chapters 1-10). Yes, Peter was the “rock” that Christ predicted he would be (Matthew 16:18). However, these truths about Peter in no way give support to the concept that Peter was the first pope, or that he was the “supreme leader” over the apostles, or that his authority would be passed on to the bishops of Rome. Peter himself points us all to the true Shepherd and Overseer of the church, the Lord Jesus Christ (1 Peter 2:25). From: Gotquestions.org

4. If men are fallible they can err.

5. Indeed Jesus is Good and Mary was but a woman who carried a fetus.

6. Justification is by faith alone, not faith plus works.

7. Catholicism still has Christ on the cross. Communion is not just a remembrance

8. Sacramentalism is the teaching that the sacraments are efficacious in and of themselves and necessary for salvation. The doctrine is common to both the Roman Catholic Church and the Orthodox Church, which teach that participation in the rites confers God’s grace upon the participants. The seven sacraments of Roman Catholicism are as follows:
Baptism
Eucharist
Confirmation
Reconciliation
Anointing of the sick
Marriage
Holy Orders
Sacramentalism is unbiblical, for, if the performance of rites and rituals is necessary for salvation, the gospel’s message of grace is made void and Christianity becomes just another works-based religion. As believers in Christ Jesus, we joyfully partake in the ordinances of baptism and communion, but we do so because we are saved and not in order to be saved. From: Gotquestions.org

9. Show me in the scriptures where it says that unsaved persons can be prayed out of Hell.

10. We do nothing accept receive what the Lord has done for us.
Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Idolater

1. The apocryphal books are not divine do not have scriptural authority.

2. Scripture is divine. Other writings are not.

3. Was Peter the first pope? The answer, according to Scripture, is a clear and emphatic “no.” Peter nowhere claims supremacy over the other apostles. Nowhere in his writings (1 and 2 Peter) did the Apostle Peter claim any special role, authority, or power over the church. Nowhere in Scripture does Peter, or any other apostle, state that their apostolic authority would be passed on to successors. Yes, the Apostle Peter had a leadership role among the disciples. Yes, Peter played a crucial role in the early spread of the gospel (Acts chapters 1-10). Yes, Peter was the “rock” that Christ predicted he would be (Matthew 16:18). However, these truths about Peter in no way give support to the concept that Peter was the first pope, or that he was the “supreme leader” over the apostles, or that his authority would be passed on to the bishops of Rome. Peter himself points us all to the true Shepherd and Overseer of the church, the Lord Jesus Christ (1 Peter 2:25). From: Gotquestions.org

4. If men are fallible they can err.

5. Indeed Jesus is Good and Mary was but a woman who carried a fetus.

6. Justification is by faith alone, not faith plus works.

7. Catholicism still has Christ on the cross. Communion is not just a remembrance

8. Sacramentalism is the teaching that the sacraments are efficacious in and of themselves and necessary for salvation. The doctrine is common to both the Roman Catholic Church and the Orthodox Church, which teach that participation in the rites confers God’s grace upon the participants. The seven sacraments of Roman Catholicism are as follows:
Baptism
Eucharist
Confirmation
Reconciliation
Anointing of the sick
Marriage
Holy Orders
Sacramentalism is unbiblical, for, if the performance of rites and rituals is necessary for salvation, the gospel’s message of grace is made void and Christianity becomes just another works-based religion. As believers in Christ Jesus, we joyfully partake in the ordinances of baptism and communion, but we do so because we are saved and not in order to be saved. From: Gotquestions.org

9. Show me in the scriptures where it says that unsaved persons can be prayed out of Hell.

10. We do nothing accept receive what the Lord has done for us.
Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
One big difference between public intellectuals today like Attia, Huberman and Israetel and the rest of us, is that these guys have access to peer reviewed medical and scientific studies; they can just think of a question to ask the peer reviewed literature, do a search, and read every study ever done that even touches on a particular topic or phenomenon. These guys all have that advantage over the rest of us, and there's a similar advantage that lawyers and judges have who access online court cases, so-called caselaw. They can just search any court case which bears on any topic that enters their mind. (Of course the lawyers needs to do this to do their job well anyway.) You and I don't have access to such content, not without paying hefty fees for access.

And one of the joys of Catholicism is that we all have the same advantage as Fr. Mike Schmitz and Fr. Columba and Bp. Barron and other Catholic public intellectuals all have too, we all can fully access, for free, all the standard, canonical teachings of our one faith, all online, or in an affordable hard copy, it's the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

Now there's a ton of other content on Catholicism which is outside the Catechism, but the whole point of the Catechism was the make something accessible to basically everybody, who wants to support the Catholic life with catechesis about any topic you want, without having to worry about accessing any other content, like the Church's Canon Law or encyclicals or anything in Denziger (the Enchiridion). You don't need to access this other content if you're not clergy or a professional, to live the fullest Catholic life.

You know, if it's in the Catechism, that it's either of divine origin, or it's prudential judgment, but usually it says which is which, and if not, it's usually clear because it's something mentioned in Scripture (and so that would be divine).

Everything BR here is complaining about is answerable from the Catechism, by anybody who cares to read it. Again, it's one of the joys of Catholicism. You don't have to train as a scholar to completely understand your faith. All the scholars already did the scholarship and condensed it all down into one book.

Right Divider

Body part
Of course the "Catechism" has "all the answers". The RCC is a long established false religion. They've had 2 thousand years (or nearly that) to hone their fake story. They have an appearance of "authority", but it is a false authority based on an attempt to usurp Israel's place. This is why they claim to follow the 12 apostles that will sit on 12 thrones judging the 12 tribes of Israel and only pay lip service to Paul.

Run away as fast as you can!

Last edited:

borntosurf

I have enjoyed meeting and knowing Catholic people who do show outwardly that they are filed with joy and happiness, also I made friends with wonderful Catholics and along the way they shared their faith in friendly conversations and discussions.

I learned many years ago that one of the important things that many Catholics believe is that Mary was born without sin as she was conceived without an earthly father.

Over the years this seemed more and more confusing to me when I read from the scriptures.

We know that the Eternal Spirit, Holy of God the creator and father has no flesh neither is it possible for his holy spirit to have sinful nature or be tempted or commit sin. Angels whom are evil spirits they do commit sin and disobey God - but when we get to Jesus, does not the scriptures teach that Jesus did have the fleshly nature of sinful man and that Jesus was capable of committing sin but was without sin and was perfect in all his ways ?

we see that Jesus Christ was conceived by of the Spirit, Holy of God but he was also conceived in the flesh of man - of the seed of man.

Roman Catholic ideology teaches the doctrine that being born without a physical earthly father somehow makes someone created without sinful fleshly nature

but both Adam and Eve were born without the sex act, born without a human father nor even an earthly mother - yet this Immaculate Creation of Adam and Eve - this did not help them or prevent them from committing sin. This did nothing for them even though they were not born nor created from a sexual act. Adam and Eve even lived at a time where purity was at its most powerful and potent form and they both existed as the very best potential and perfect example possible, purity was at the strongest and most powerful and purest form that has ever existed for human kind

And still their decision and temptation and weakness to commit immoral acts, to sin, to defile their bodies and disobey God’s commandment was not prevented -
by the state and the situation , the status , and circumstance and condition Immaculately Created “ they were not even born from human mother nor father nor created by any sexual relations -

But when we read the sacred scriptures we see that - Heb 4:15 … For we have NOT an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

We see in scriptures that the Spirit of God cannot be tempted in all points nor enticed or “ attracted “ to tempting situations - but this was NOT the nature of the flesh of Jesus - he was made of the seed of David according to the flesh.. Jesus was created in the flesh to be tempted in all points, to be enticed and “ attracted “ to tempting situations involving sinful nature, the scriptures teach that the law was weak through the flesh and that God sent his own son -

Jesus was made, conceived in the likeness of his mother Mary … … as reproduction of sinful flesh, in the likeness of sinful flesh - in the likeness of Mary
Rom 5:14 DEATH REIGNED … … EVEN OVER THEM THAT HAD NOT SINNED after the similitude of Adam’s transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

2co 5: 21 for he hath MADE HIM TO BE SIN for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

if Jesus was sent to the world to be fashioned, created and made in the image and similarity and likeness of sinful flesh being born of the seed of sinful man - ,, for sake of our sin he was made - he died unto sin
God sent his own son - in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin,

We see that scriptures say that Jesus was made / created inside Mary as the seed DNA and genetic hereditary of her ancestors going back to king David

Heb 9:13 for if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: :14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God

Jesus did not offer himself through the bodily nature unto God - but, through the eternal spirit he offered himself ……

Act 2:30 God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Jesus explains, I must submit and give up my own desires my own nature and my fleshly temptations I must deny. i cannot do anything, whatsoever - of my own, - saying that it is the father only, that does the miracles and the works. saying - why do you call me " good " ? - - " there is no one good but God alone "

Joh 5:30 i can of mine own self do nothing: as i hear, i judge: and my judgment is just; because i seek not mine own will, but the will of the father which hath sent me.

i am not relying upon the power of my own qualities passed down from my mother - ! ! !

not relying upon the status of being born or created - without an earthly father, i have no power but to deny my own personal will and submit to the will of the spirit of God. Does the Bible teach that Jesus could never be justified in the flesh alone: - but only through the eternal spirit - he was offered as a “ perfect “ holy sacrifice without spot to God, only through the eternal and not by his flesh and blood and his own will which was made in the likeness of sinful flesh

Joh 6:63 it is the spirit that quickeneth; - the flesh profiteth nothing: - the words that i speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

If Jesus was made in the likeness of sinful flesh In scriptures - Jesus was created in the likeness of sinful flesh, he was tempted in the flesh, he had weakness, infirmities, trials, he had to discover and LEARN obedience, Jesus had to be taught to obey God and had to be trained and submit himself, deny his own will and surrender his own will -
Jesus existed bodily in the form of sinful flesh of man, - passed down from his earthly father David and Mother Mary.

Heb 5: explains
:1 For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:

:2 Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity.

:3 And by reason hereof he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins.
:4 And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.

:5 So,, also, Christ glorified NOT himself - to be made an high priest; - - meaning = { in bodily form )
The scriptures clearly make this point - Rom 1:3 … … his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh..

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son - IN THE LIKENESS OF SINFUL FLESH, AND FOR SIN, - condemned sin in the flesh:

God sent his own Son - IN THE LIKENESS OF SINFUL FLESH - in the likeness of Mary … … reproduction of sinful flesh, Jesus was sent to the world for the VERY, VERY PURPOSE to be fashioned, created and made in the image and similarity and likeness of sinful flesh the seed of sinful man - ,, for sake of our sin he was made - he died unto sin

NOT TAKING AUTHORITY TO BE EQUALLY GOD. BUT HIMSELF, EMPTY / VOID MORPH OF A SERVANT, RECEIVING IN THE LIKENESS OF MANKIND, HE BECAME.

Rom 1:3 … … his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh
Joh 7:42 Hath not the scripture said, That Christ cometh of the seed of David

2Ti 2:8 …Jesus Christ of the seed of David .

Is this not the total and complete opposite of what Catholicism teaches about both Jesus and his mother ?
Can any Catholic please clarify this ? why the scriptures clealy repeat the message that - Jesus was sent to the world for the VERY, VERY PURPOSE to be fashioned, created and made in the image and similarity and likeness of sinful flesh, with temptation and weakness of the flesh born as the seed of sinful man and that by being born of Mary this is exactly how and why this VERY PURPOSE WAS ACOMPLISHED ?

God sent his own Son - IN THE LIKENESS OF SINFUL FLESH - in the likeness of Mary, by being conceived in Mary with temptation and weakness in the likeness of sinful flesh

Hoping

Banned
I have enjoyed meeting and knowing Catholic people who do show outwardly that they are filed with joy and happiness, also I made friends with wonderful Catholics and along the way they shared their faith in friendly conversations and discussions.

I learned many years ago that one of the important things that many Catholics believe is that Mary was born without sin as she was conceived without an earthly father.

Over the years this seemed more and more confusing to me when I read from the scriptures.

We know that the Eternal Spirit, Holy of God the creator and father has no flesh neither is it possible for his holy spirit to have sinful nature or be tempted or commit sin. Angels whom are evil spirits they do commit sin and disobey God - but when we get to Jesus, does not the scriptures teach that Jesus did have the fleshly nature of sinful man and that Jesus was capable of committing sin but was without sin and was perfect in all his ways ?

we see that Jesus Christ was conceived by of the Spirit, Holy of God but he was also conceived in the flesh of man - of the seed of man.

Roman Catholic ideology teaches the doctrine that being born without a physical earthly father somehow makes someone created without sinful fleshly nature

but both Adam and Eve were born without the sex act, born without a human father nor even an earthly mother - yet this Immaculate Creation of Adam and Eve - this did not help them or prevent them from committing sin. This did nothing for them even though they were not born nor created from a sexual act. Adam and Eve even lived at a time where purity was at its most powerful and potent form and they both existed as the very best potential and perfect example possible, purity was at the strongest and most powerful and purest form that has ever existed for human kind

And still their decision and temptation and weakness to commit immoral acts, to sin, to defile their bodies and disobey God’s commandment was not prevented -
by the state and the situation , the status , and circumstance and condition Immaculately Created “ they were not even born from human mother nor father nor created by any sexual relations -

But when we read the sacred scriptures we see that - Heb 4:15 … For we have NOT an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

We see in scriptures that the Spirit of God cannot be tempted in all points nor enticed or “ attracted “ to tempting situations - but this was NOT the nature of the flesh of Jesus - he was made of the seed of David according to the flesh.. Jesus was created in the flesh to be tempted in all points, to be enticed and “ attracted “ to tempting situations involving sinful nature, the scriptures teach that the law was weak through the flesh and that God sent his own son -

Jesus was made, conceived in the likeness of his mother Mary … … as reproduction of sinful flesh, in the likeness of sinful flesh - in the likeness of Mary
Rom 5:14 DEATH REIGNED … … EVEN OVER THEM THAT HAD NOT SINNED after the similitude of Adam’s transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

2co 5: 21 for he hath MADE HIM TO BE SIN for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

if Jesus was sent to the world to be fashioned, created and made in the image and similarity and likeness of sinful flesh being born of the seed of sinful man - ,, for sake of our sin he was made - he died unto sin

We see that scriptures say that Jesus was made / created inside Mary as the seed DNA and genetic hereditary of her ancestors going back to king David

Heb 9:13 for if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: :14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God

Jesus did not offer himself through the bodily nature unto God - but, through the eternal spirit he offered himself ……

Act 2:30 God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Jesus explains, I must submit and give up my own desires my own nature and my fleshly temptations I must deny. i cannot do anything, whatsoever - of my own, - saying that it is the father only, that does the miracles and the works. saying - why do you call me " good " ? - - " there is no one good but God alone "

Joh 5:30 i can of mine own self do nothing: as i hear, i judge: and my judgment is just; because i seek not mine own will, but the will of the father which hath sent me.

i am not relying upon the power of my own qualities passed down from my mother - ! ! !

not relying upon the status of being born or created - without an earthly father, i have no power but to deny my own personal will and submit to the will of the spirit of God. Does the Bible teach that Jesus could never be justified in the flesh alone: - but only through the eternal spirit - he was offered as a “ perfect “ holy sacrifice without spot to God, only through the eternal and not by his flesh and blood and his own will which was made in the likeness of sinful flesh

Joh 6:63 it is the spirit that quickeneth; - the flesh profiteth nothing: - the words that i speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

If Jesus was made in the likeness of sinful flesh In scriptures - Jesus was created in the likeness of sinful flesh, he was tempted in the flesh, he had weakness, infirmities, trials, he had to discover and LEARN obedience, Jesus had to be taught to obey God and had to be trained and submit himself, deny his own will and surrender his own will -
Jesus existed bodily in the form of sinful flesh of man, - passed down from his earthly father David and Mother Mary.

:1 For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:

:2 Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity.

:3 And by reason hereof he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins.
:4 And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.

:5 So,, also, Christ glorified NOT himself - to be made an high priest; - - meaning = { in bodily form )
The scriptures clearly make this point - Rom 1:3 … … his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh..

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son - IN THE LIKENESS OF SINFUL FLESH, AND FOR SIN, - condemned sin in the flesh:

God sent his own Son - IN THE LIKENESS OF SINFUL FLESH - in the likeness of Mary … … reproduction of sinful flesh, Jesus was sent to the world for the VERY, VERY PURPOSE to be fashioned, created and made in the image and similarity and likeness of sinful flesh the seed of sinful man - ,, for sake of our sin he was made - he died unto sin

NOT TAKING AUTHORITY TO BE EQUALLY GOD. BUT HIMSELF, EMPTY / VOID MORPH OF A SERVANT, RECEIVING IN THE LIKENESS OF MANKIND, HE BECAME.

Rom 1:3 … … his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh

Is this not the total and complete opposite of what Catholicism teaches about both Jesus and his mother ?
Can any Catholic please clarify this ? why the scriptures clealy repeat the message that - Jesus was sent to the world for the VERY, VERY PURPOSE to be fashioned, created and made in the image and similarity and likeness of sinful flesh, with temptation and weakness of the flesh born as the seed of sinful man and that by being born of Mary this is exactly how and why this VERY PURPOSE WAS ACOMPLISHED ?

God sent his own Son - IN THE LIKENESS OF SINFUL FLESH - in the likeness of Mary, by being conceived in Mary with temptation and weakness in the likeness of sinful flesh
I thank God for freeing me from catholicism too.

Idolater

I learned many years ago that one of the important things that many Catholics believe is that Mary was born without sin ...
Because the Blessed Virgin was going to become the new Ark of the New Covenant. The only way the vessel which would bring us Jesus could be holy and consecrated was if Mary was without spot or blemish.
as she was conceived without an earthly father.

All of this is discussed in cogent detail in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, if you're curious what official Catholicism really thinks, instead of just what you might mistakenly believe official Catholicism believes.