Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

Hoping

Banned
When He allowed it?

So He wasn't the one who saved you?
I don't know how you got that idea from my post.
God allowed me to repent of past sins and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of the wickedness of my past life.
How?
By making it available to me.
The ways and means of salvation are available to you too.

Gary K

Banned
How often does that occur in the Bible?
Since the poster you replied to is obviously using a figure of speech I'll say it has happened a lot. Peter healed a crippled man at the gate beautiful after Pentacost. Paul raised Eutychus from the dead when he fell backwards out of a window and the fall broke his neck. Jesus healed all kinds of people at their request, from the Syrophenician woman's daughter to the woman with the issue of continual menstruation, and that one without a verbal request. The only thing all those people had in common was faith in His ability to heal. Elisha raised a Gentile woman's son who had died from a heat stroke.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Since the poster you replied to is obviously using a figure of speech

A figure of speech? What figure of speech?

What does this supposed figure of speech mean?

I'll say it has happened a lot. Peter healed a crippled man at the gate beautiful after Pentacost.

That's not "God answering prayer while the words are still in one's mouth."

Paul raised Eutychus from the dead when he fell backwards out of a window and the fall broke his neck.

Miraculous, sure.

Jesus healed all kinds of people at their request,

from the Syrophenician woman's daughter to the woman with the issue of continual menstruation,

The words had already left her mouth repeatedly, thus, that is not "God answering prayer while the words are still in one's mouth."

and that one without a verbal request.

Why are you lying?

The only thing all those people had in common was faith in His ability to heal.

Barring the woman in Matthew 15, almost none of them had "faith in Christ's ability to heal."

In fact, if you pay attention, when miracles are performed in the Bible, generally, the result is NOT faith, it's unbelief.

Why?

Because when something is put right in your face, it removes the ability for you to believe in it.

Elisha raised a Gentile woman's son who had died from a heat stroke.

How is that "God answering prayer while the words are still in one's mouth"?

Gary K

Banned
A figure of speech? What figure of speech?

What does this supposed figure of speech mean?

Miraculous, sure.

The words had already left her mouth repeatedly, thus, that is not "God answering prayer while the words are still in one's mouth."

Why are you lying?

Barring the woman in Matthew 15, almost none of them had "faith in Christ's ability to heal."

In fact, if you pay attention, when miracles are performed in the Bible, generally, the result is NOT faith, it's unbelief.

Why?

Because when something is put right in your face, it removes the ability for you to believe in it.

How is that "God answering prayer while the words are still in one's mouth"?
Have you never used figures of speech? They are not meant literally.

Gary K

Banned
Asking you questions is like pulling teeth from someone with their jaw clenched shut.

There was a second part of that question that you still need to answer. Please answer it.
What does it mean? That someone had just asked a question or made a statement.

Gary K

Banned
Asking you questions is like pulling teeth from someone with their jaw clenched shut.

There was a second part of that question that you still need to answer. Please answer it.
Actually I figured I didn't need to answer any of your requests as you're more than bright enough to know those things.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
What does it mean? That someone had just asked a question or made a statement.

So "God answering prayer while the words are still in one's mouth" means that someone had already finished asking a question or making a statement?

How did you come up with that

If the words are still in their mouth, then they haven't finished speaking!

Think of it this way, pardon the somewhat gross analogy:

If I have food in my mouth, and I'm about to spit it out (maybe I don't like it or it tastes funny), does that mean that I've already put it in my napkin? or is it still in my mouth?

Actually I figured I didn't need to answer any of your requests as you're more than bright enough to know those things.

Why do expect me to read your mind? It's not possible.

Why can't you just answer a question when you're asked one?

Gary K

Banned
So "God answering prayer while the words are still in one's mouth" means that someone had already finished asking a question or making a statement?

How did you come up with that

If the words are still in their mouth, then they haven't finished speaking!

Think of it this way, pardon the somewhat gross analogy:

If I have food in my mouth, and I'm about to spit it out (maybe I don't like it or it tastes funny), does that mean that I've already put it in my napkin? or is it still in my mouth?

Why do expect me to read your mind? It's not possible.

Why can't you just answer a question when you're asked one?
Sorry.