The Intolerance of 'Tolerance', the Inequality of 'Equality' and Left Wing Hypocrisy

quip

BANNED
Banned
No, you just like to lead in the dance.
Since you broached the subject....If two guys are dancing ...who indeed takes the lead Lon? :chuckle:

The point was not that they don't get 'similar' rights, but that they don't (obviously) have the same ones. Why? There are a lot of reasons.

What are you rambling on about...this makes no sense. Take your meds and give it another try.

If you disdain an organic family's advantages, at least don't kid yourself they don't exist.

Organic family...as opposed to a non-organic family? You're a hoot Lon! :thumb:

In tact, biological families fare far and away better than counterparts. No government program will fix that.

Changing bigoted predispositions and misconceptions regarding same-sex couples will go a long way to remedy such. All the more reason to pass same-sex marriage legislation.

You are so busy looking for marginalization where there is none intended. We all believe and even support inequities as we surely should. Old people 'should' get to retire. Young people "shouldn't" drink.

And homosexuals "have every right" to legal marriage. Fits right in...that wasn't so hard now was it? :idunno:

noguru

i'm sure that's what you believe, but you'll find out soon enough how wrong you are :idunno:

Ah I see, and you want everyone else to hand over their democracy to you based on your view of what the future holds? How utterly convenient for you. :up:

noguru

Equality before the law is, or equality in right absent a fairly high hill to climb.

Sure. Capacity has a great deal to do with the reasoned discrimination and limitation of right. But we don't disallow contract rights for only the tall or short, or Jewish, or black. It's a recognition of an objective, empirical fact, along with an experiential one.

Right is the province of people. We protect people and the rights we hold they are born with absent extraordinary conditions that necessitate abrogation or infringement. When you speak to children you're speaking to capacity really. We're protecting them from being exploited.

I disagree with your foundation, supra. Marriage isn't protected by law, it's defined. And if the definition abrogates the rights of others then the justification for it should meet exacting standard.

So do I. And I think it would be a violation of law in most or any jurisdiction that I can think of.

Which is exactly what discriminatory law often aims to do, or at least the sort that won't find justification on review.

The interference with freedom and its justification or lack thereof is precisely the point the Court is being asked to address.

I am pretty sure Lon has a brother or a very close friend that is a better counselor than you. counselor. ;)

Dialogos

Because you're evaluating this in terms of your religious beliefs, rather than logic and law.

It never ceases to amaze me just how self contradictory one can be.

Logic is meaningless without a supernatural grounding and law is arbitrary if the atheists are right.

As many have pointed out, the term "tolerance" and "intolerance" have undergone a semantic shift.

Tolerance no longer means resolving to live peacefully in the midst of ideological disagreement it now means mandatory celebration. Any public dissent is punished.

The ideology of "tolerance" isn't actually tolerant in the traditional definition of the word.

Last edited:

Jose Fly

Yep, they definitely do not understand your very clear and simple point.
Well, I don't think it's that they can't understand it because of limited mental abilities (although in some cases I'm not sure), rather I think it's that they can't understand it because their religious extremism won't allow it.

It's the same dynamic that won't allow extremist Muslims to even consider the possibility of treating women as equals. With our resident fundamentalist Christians, that dynamic is applied to gays.

Jose Fly

Logic is meaningless without a supernatural grounding and law is arbitrary if the atheists are right.
I'm sure that's what you believe, but that only matters to you.

Tolerance no longer means resolving to live peacefully in the midst of ideological disagreement it now means mandatory celebration. Any public dissent is punished.
Really? I see all sorts of public dissent and expressions of disagreement towards gays and gay rights, even to the extreme level of the Westboro Baptist Church loonies, but I don't see a single one of them being punished for it, nor is anyone forcing them to celebrate anything.

So you can wipe those tears from your eyes, take yourself down from the martyr stand, and come back to reality any time now. No one else besides your fellow fundamentalists are buying the "Help, help, I'm being repressed" act.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's the same dynamic that won't allow extremist Muslims to even consider the possibility of treating women as equals. With our resident fundamentalist Christians, that dynamic is applied to gays.

Take up the issue of treating women as equals with those muzzies who read the Koran Ms. Fly.

The Treatment of Women in Islam - MEN'S SUPERIORITY OVER WOMEN
http://www.arabicbible.com/for-chri...-the-treatment-of-women-in-islam.html?start=2

Regarding the treatment of those who engage in a perverse sexual behavior:

Why is it you stay away from this thread?

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101920

Jedidiah

Homosexuals are not free to pursue a legal marriage if Christians have their way. Is this not harming a segment of society?...
Harms homosexuals...in what way...not allowing you to publicly flaunt your fornicationKJV 1611 ?

Jedidiah

...I think adultery, premarital sex, etc. are bad. Does that marginalize? No, but there are no adultery parades or fornication parades....
The problem with this is; what if there were ? You need another leg to stand on.

Jedidiah

...It's the same dynamic that won't allow extremist Muslims to even consider the possibility of treating women as equals. With our resident fundamentalist Christians, that dynamic is applied to gays.
You got caught race baiting and now you're changing your tune to treatment of women. :thumb:

Because being a woman is exactly like committing homosexual behavior.

Jedidiah

...you seem to be unable to grasp the concepts being discussed....
Nope. I understand the concept of race baiting. It's a diversionary tactic typically employed by those who cannot continue to make their case any other way.

Similar to the concept indicated by Godwin's Law, actually. Since you mentioned it.

Last edited:

Jose Fly

Nope. I understand the concept of race baiting. It's a diversionary tactic typically employed by those who cannot continue to make their case any other way.

Similar to the concept indicated by Godwin's Law, actually. Since you mentioned it.
So the only question that remains is: Is your inability to grasp the fact that the legal concepts behind race-based discrimination and discrimination against gays are the same due to limited mental abilities, or due to your religion?

IOW, are you just kind of dim, or is your religion making you act like you are?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
So the only question that remains is: Is your inability to grasp the fact that the legal concepts behind race-based discrimination and discrimination against gays are the same due to limited mental abilities, or due to your religion?

Be careful Ms. Fly, cuz I know some bruthas that will squash you like a fly if you dare compare their skin color with a filthy sexual behavior.