The GOOD news is God's power unto salvation

beloved57

You're wrong. The gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth today. Period. We're not talking doctrine, but the gospel by which we are saved!

God will have all men to be saved, AND to come unto the knowledge of the truth (1 Timothy 12:4 KJV). That is two fold. Get saved and come unto the knowledge of the truth (that's where the doctrine fits in/after salvation, not to be saved).

No one is getting saved without the gospel of Christ being testified! God has chosen the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe (1 Corinthians 1:21 KJV) now declare the gospel of Christ in it's simplicity as Paul did here (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) and get out there and tell someone about it!

You don't believe the Gospel or understand it !

heir

TOL Subscriber
Sadly, I think you have completely bamboozled me. But because I know the reason why, I can forgive you. And please don't ask me to explain that also.

Point of fact, we've had this conversation before. I have not stated anywhere that salvation is found anywhere but in Yeshua. But we can not live as we please in continued willful sin and expect Yeshua's blood to cover that behavior.
You don't believe you are forgiven all trespasses? What sins did Christ not die for?

heir

TOL Subscriber
"What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?" Romans 6:1-2
Where does that say we lose our salvation? I'll save you the trouble. It doesn't. It's not about salvation. Paul preached the eternal security to the Body of Christ. We are not on probation, but are saved and sealed unto the day of redemption when we trust the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV). Our salvation is complete! It is the gift of God through the faith and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ in our place (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV)! Why won't you allow yourself to believe that?

IMJerusha

You don't believe you are forgiven all trespasses? What sins did Christ not die for?

I believe all of God's Word, not just the parts I want to believe. "If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God." Hebrews 10:26-27
So, yep, there it is folks! :chuckle:

IMJerusha

Where does that say we lose our salvation?

That verse wasn't in answer to that. You've got twisting down to an art form.

What do you think "no sacrifice for sins is left" means? What do you think Yeshua meant when He told His disciples to remain in Him or become a withered branch that is picked up, thrown into the fire and burned? John 15:6 Oh, that's right, you've dismissed the book of John as non-applicable to you. How convenient. Grosnick told me the same applies for Hebrews and James and any book that refutes your doctrine. Yeah, how convenient. How much of God's Word is left for you to study after you're done cutting out the parts you don't like?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Tell me what person confesses Yeshua and subjects Him to further public disgrace? "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." If you think continued willful sin is doing God's Will, you have another think coming. You may desperately need to believe that people can continue in willful sin after confessing Yeshua but I can not change Yeshua's Words. There is mercy, Angel. That's all I can say. We must all rely on His Mercy. Good night to you, Angel! :)

What is a wilful sin as opposed to an unwilful sin? does sin then still have dominion over you? does your flesh still make you obey it's lusts?

...are you in trouble?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Sadly, I think you have completely bamboozled me. But because I know the reason why, I can forgive you. And please don't ask me to explain that also.

Point of fact, we've had this conversation before. I have not stated anywhere that salvation is found anywhere but in Yeshua. But we can not live as we please in continued willful sin and expect Yeshua's blood to cover that behavior.

This is where you speak out of both sides of your mouth

You say
Salvation is only found in Jesus
but it depends on us too

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
That verse wasn't in answer to that. You've got twisting down to an art form.
I think you'd better monitor yourself a bit better. You absolutely used it in response to Angel's questions!

Tell me, what sort of sins was His blood not enough to cover? How many of them need be committed after one is saved, to cause them to become unsaved again?

I answered you Angel. Only takes one unconfessed willful sin.
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

"We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly person who does his will." John 9:31

"He himself bore our sins" in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; 'by his wounds you have been healed.' " 1 Peter 2:24

Angel, we are not healed if we continue in willful sin and proposing that we can subjects Yeshua to further public disgrace.

"What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it?" Romans 6:1-2

"If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God." Hebrews 10:26-27

What do you think "no sacrifice for sins is left" means?
It means exactly what it actually says (Hebrews 10:26 KJV) to whom it says it, but it's not said TO any member of the Body of Christ!

What do you think Yeshua meant when He told His disciples to remain in Him or become a withered branch that is picked up, thrown into the fire and burned?
They had to endure to the end to be saved (Matthew 10:22 KJV, Hebrews 3:14 KJV)! Our salvation is not based upon whether we endure to the end, but what Christ endured for us (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Philippians 2:8 KJV)!
How much of God's Word is left for you to study after you're done cutting out the parts you don't like?
I study all of God's word! All scripture is FOR our learning (Romans 15:4 KJV), it's just not all written to us. I don't have to "cut" anything out like you would here for example, when there are two verses that say the exact opposite of one another (Acts 10:35 KJV vs. Titus 3:5 KJV). Both mean exactly what they say, but are NOT said to the same people! Those who rightly divide the word of truth get to believe them both! We don't have to "cut" or spiritualize anything away. We get to believe it all!

IMJerusha

What is a wilful sin as opposed to an unwilful sin? does sin then still have dominion over you? does your flesh still make you obey it's lusts?

...are you in trouble?

There is a world of difference between intentional and unintentional sins.
We all struggle with sin and if you're going to state that you don't then you're not being honest with yourself.

IMJerusha

This is where you speak out of both sides of your mouth

You say
Salvation is only found in Jesus
but it depends on us too

If you think I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth then you think that of Yeshua also. As you know, I'm referring to Yeshua's Words as found in John 15.

dreadknought

Wow, somethin really "special" from the Lord. Sinless perfectionism. I wake up every day and sin without even thinking. No wonder I'm an other.

IMJerusha

I think you'd better monitor yourself a bit better. You absolutely used it in response to Angel's questions!

Not in the sense that you meant it.

It means exactly what it actually says (Hebrews 10:26 KJV) to whom it says it, but it's not said TO any member of the Body of Christ!

You divide the Body. Scripture doesn't.

They had to endure to the end to be saved (Matthew 10:22 KJV, Hebrews 3:14 KJV)! Our salvation is not based upon whether we endure to the end, but what Christ endured for us (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Philippians 2:8 KJV)!

You can't possibly be suggesting that the disciples were Jews still under the Law. Is there no end to your perversions?

I study all of God's word! All scripture is FOR our learning (Romans 15:4 KJV), it's just not all written to us. I don't have to "cut" anything out like you would here for example, when there are two verses that say the exact opposite of one another (Acts 10:35 KJV vs. Titus 3:5 KJV). Both mean exactly what they say, but are NOT said to the same people! Those who rightly divide the word of truth get to believe them both! We don't have to "cut" or spiritualize anything away. We get to believe it all!

I don't see those verses contradicting each other at all. You're not showing right division because you're dividing, by your doctrine, the Body and perverting the Truth of Scripture.

IMJerusha

Wow, somethin really "special" from the Lord. Sinless perfectionism. I wake up every day and sin without even thinking. No wonder I'm an other.

"You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY'; but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart." Matthew 5:27-28
So, yes, we wake up every day and our thoughts condemn us. Paul put it like this: "For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh; for the willing is present in me, but the doing of the good is not. For the good that I want, I do not do, but I practice the very evil that I do not want. But if I am doing the very thing I do not want, I am no longer the one doing it, but sin which dwells in me." Romans 7:18-20 That's unintentional sin.

heir

TOL Subscriber
You divide the Body. Scripture doesn't.
No, I don't. I know the two groups in the one Body (the twain) were made one new man, but that has nothing to do with the Hebrews. The Hebrews have a future that has nothing to do with the Body.

You can't possibly be suggesting that the disciples were Jews still under the Law. Is there no end to your perversions?

For someone who claims to cling to that of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John so much you sure don't know what it contains (Matthew 5:17-19 KJV,Matthew 23:1-3 KJV, Matthew 28:19-20 KJV).
I don't see those verses contradicting each other at all.
You're not being honest with yourself or the scriptures as anyone who can read and believes the Bible means what it says, as it says it and to whom it says it can see that they say the exact opposite of each other.
You're not showing right division because you're dividing, by your doctrine, the Body and perverting the Truth of Scripture.
You don't know what it means to 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV as you have no word of truth to rightly divide so you couldn't even conclude whether or not someone is or isn't.

And I have not perverted what saith the scripture. If anyone is a perverter around here, it's someone who believes they can sin their way out of salvation once saved. Paul preached eternal security for those of us in the Body of Christ. I couldn't lose my salvation if I tried!