ECT The gap theory?

genuineoriginal

What words might any writer use to discribe destruction by a supernatural cataclysmic happening he had no words to express himself?
You mean these words?

Genesis 6:13
And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.​

Cross Reference

You mean these words?

And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.​

Of course not. You know what words I mean. Why go in your direction unless you don't want talk about the subject?

6days

You mean these words?

Better answer than mine. You refer to the only cataclysmic destruction in scripture.

genuineoriginal

Of course not. You know what words I mean. Why go in your direction unless you don't want talk about the subject?

God created the heaven and the earth in six days starting from the time He declared, "Let there be light"

The first cataclysmic event to follow that creation was the Flood that Noah survived.

There was no "gap" between the creation of light and the formation of the earth.

oatmeal

God created the heaven and the earth in six days starting from the time He declared, "Let there be light"

The first cataclysmic event to follow that creation was the Flood that Noah survived.

There was no "gap" between the creation of light and the formation of the earth.

Do you believe God knows the difference between the words make and create?

Do you believe he knows without having to look it up in Webster's?

or create and divide

or create and say

or create and let there be

or create and saw

or create and called

or create and set?

or create and bless?

God knows the difference, that is why he did use the word create on every day of the six.

He did not create on every day of the six

oatmeal

On the contrary, the sons of God shouted for joy at the beauty of the pre-Adamic creation.

For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens, God himself that formed the earth and made it, he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited; I am the LORD and there is none else. (Isaiah 45:18)​

Do have a verse that states that?

oatmeal

Clue... read the first three words of the Bible. It does not say 'In a beginning'
There was nothing that needed fixed. In the beginning...God created.

That is right Genesis 1:1 God did it right

by how did it become without form and void?

so much so that God took six days to restore it?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Clue... read the first three words of the Bible. It does not say 'In a beginning'
There was nothing that needed fixed. In the beginning...God created.

The word "the" is in the English translations because it was supplied by the translators. It's not in the Hebrew text.

genuineoriginal

Do you believe God knows the difference between the words make and create?

Do you believe he knows without having to look it up in Webster's?

or create and divide

or create and say

or create and let there be

or create and saw

or create and called

or create and set?

or create and bless?

God knows the difference, that is why he did use the word create on every day of the six.

He did not create on every day of the six
Do you believe Jesus knows what the beginning of creation is?

Mark 10:6
6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.​

Cross Reference

Do you believe Jesus knows what the beginning of creation is?

With Him in mind, it doesn't matter at all about any gap theory, does it. . . :)

However, it would have been nice if 6flags would have responded with his understanding about the differences between the KJV vs any modern translation re Gal 2:20. But 0h well that is the way it is when one has never considered such differences when insight was needed as the KJV Greek translators demonstrated for our benefit..

Jedidiah

...there is sufficient [evidence](?) to conjecture reasoning from the rest of scriptures coupled to current findings relating to what might have been the results of a pre-Adamic flood, that doesn't violate anything.
So by "pre-Adamic flood," you mean a flood that happened sometime during days 1 through five ? I've never thought about it. Would you suggest that the Grand Canyon, for example, was formed from such a flood ?

Cross Reference

So by "pre-Adamic flood," you mean a flood that happened sometime during days 1 through five ? I've never thought about it. Would you suggest that the Grand Canyon, for example, was formed from such a flood ?

Nope. Before day one __in the beginning.

OMT: It would have taken more than Noah's flood to create the Grand Canyon and the buttes.

6days

The audience that Genesis was written for had no words for billions of years and would have not understood the intricacies of creation. So God inspired it to be written in such a way that it could be understood by its intended audience. It was perfectly written for whom it was intended for.
Nonsense...God's Word was written for you and me as well as the people of Moses day. Do you assume ancient people were less intelligent than us?

6days

Nope. Before day one __in the beginning.

OMT: It would have taken more than Noah's flood to create the Grand Canyon and the buttes.
Do you believe that Noahs flood was only a local flood? It seems you are having difficult accepting what God's Word plainly says.