ECT The gap theory?

6days

That is right Genesis 1:1 God did it right

by how did it become without form and void?

so much so that God took six days to restore it?

You add your words to scripture.
+The Bible does not say the world became formless and void.
+The Bible does not say the world was in so much so chaos that God took six days to restore it.

oatmeal

You add your words to scripture.
+The Bible does not say the world became formless and void.
+The Bible does not say the world was in so much so chaos that God took six days to restore it.

From your point of view, it would seem so.

However, taking more than just Genesis 1 into account, no, I am not.

That gap in time between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 is scripturally sound.

Revelation 12:3-9 gives good reason for the destruction of the heavens and earth between those two verses. War in heaven and the dragon and the third part of the stars in heaven being cast out of heaven and being cast out into the earth.

Spiritual warfare like that took its toll on the heavens and the earth, where is the evidence that it ever took place?

Romans 8:21-22 why is the creation groaning and travailing in pain even now?

oatmeal

Do you believe Jesus knows what the beginning of creation is?

Mark 10:6
6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.​

Were my questions too hard for you?

Why the sidestepping?

When someone pointed that out to me for the first time, I was amazed how little attention I had previously paid to words when reading.

God used the words that He needed to use to accurately convey the truth.

Last edited:

6days

The beginning is described in John 1:1.

Genesis 1:1 is referring to a different beginning when the earth and its atmosphere were refashioned for human habitation.

Different beginning? Refashioned atmosphere?
So, Genesis 1:1 should read...In one of the beginnings, God reformed the heavens and the earth?

6days

From your point of view, it would seem so.

However, taking more than just Genesis 1 into account, no, I am not.

Revelation 12:3-9 gives good reason for the destruction of the heavens and earth between those two verses. War in heaven and the dragon and the third part of the stars in heaven being cast out of heaven and being cast out into the earth.

Spiritual warfare like that took its toll on the heavens and the earth, where is the evidence that it ever took place?

Romans 8:21-22 why is the creation groaning and travailing in pain even now?
Revelation 12.... Hmmmmm.... Its very interesting, isn't it? I don't understand it. I have read a couple commentaries on it, and I'm not convinced by any. But, I certainly don't see that passage justifying a belief that Genesis 1 was a re-beginning.
I'm going to post a thread on those verses to see what others think.

Romans 8... This one seems pretty obvious to me. We are told in Genesis 3 why creation is groaning.

oatmeal

The beginning is described in John 1:1.

Genesis 1:1 is referring to a different beginning when the earth and its atmosphere were refashioned for human habitation.

Refashioned? Genesis 1:1 says created.

Isaiah 45:18 makes it clear that God did not create it in vain, tohu same word used in Genesis 1:2

God did not create it without form and void, it became that way

God took six days to restore it. Why He took six days when He could have done it instantly, I do not know.

but it interesting that God refers to this time period as a basis for the sabbath day laws, six days shall you work and on the seventh, the sabbath you rest.

Cross Reference

Revelation 12.... Hmmmmm.... Its very interesting, isn't it? I don't understand it. I have read a couple commentaries on it, and I'm not convinced by any. But, I certainly don't see that passage justifying a belief that Genesis 1 was a re-beginning.
I'm going to post a thread on those verses to see what others think.

Romans 8... This one seems pretty obvious to me. We are told in Genesis 3 why creation is groaning.

Oats thinks too highly of himself. He believes he is beyond the need of correction or being questioned <sad>

Rev 12 is mostly about the endtime Christian persecution. I believe it is hand in glove with the Romans you reference.

Note when reading, that not all Christians will be in that group called the "man child". Read through Chpt 12 and 13 to see that.

oatmeal

Oats thinks too highly of himself. He believes he is beyond the need of correction or being questioned <sad>

Rev 12 is mostly about the endtime Christian persecution. I believe it is hand in glove with the Romans you reference.

Note when reading, that not all Christians will be in that group called the "man child". Read through Chpt 12 and 13 to see that.

You have not Revelation 12, have you?

genuineoriginal

No, it is not.
God did not create it without form and void, it became that way
Your claim is that God did not create the earth to be in a non-existant state, but that it became that way?

You have it backwards.

Genesis is clear that the earth started in a non-existant state, then came into existance, not that the earth was in existance and then became non-existant.

genuineoriginal

Were my questions too hard for you?
No.

Why the sidestepping?
I am merely asking you if you think you know better than Jesus about the beginning of creation.
From what you have been posting, it appears that you think Jesus had it wrong.

When someone pointed that out to me for the first time, I was amazed how little attention I had previously paid to words when reading.

God used the words that He needed to use to accurately convey the truth.
I pay a lot of attention to the words used in the Bible.
Your mangling the definitions of the words used to describe non-existance into something else is not helping you to find the truth.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Different beginning? Refashioned atmosphere?
So, Genesis 1:1 should read...In one of the beginnings, God reformed the heavens and the earth?

I think in a beginning would have been better. The "a" is supplied just as "the" was supplied.

The context for Genesis 1 is an earth and atmosphere suitable for humankind.

Cross Reference

No, it is not.

Your claim is that God did not create the earth to be in a non-existant state, but that it became that way?

You have it backwards.

Genesis is clear that the earth started in a non-existant state, then came into existance, not that the earth was in existance and then became non-existant.

Question: When was Satan cast to this earth? If you we can't answer that with a surety then we must remain open in our thinking. I believe we can do that without violating what we do know for sure.

Cross Reference

Still nothing about being cast out of heaven.
Try again.

No need to try again. Pay attention.

Satan was cast to earth out of the "third" heaven, where the Throne of God is but, he retained access to the heaven where battles are fought between him and the angels, per Job1.. Now you try again to understand that to be the truth.