The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Get a clue Dave. It's called phenomenological language.

The sun APPEARS to rise because we RIDE on the rotating GLOBE.

In geocentrism, the earth is a globe, but it doesn't spin, and the sun rotates around the planet earth.

geocentrism vs. heliocentrism is what this thread should be about, not a flat earth.

musterion

What would be causing the shadow over exactly half of the Earth in the first place?

Nothing! There's absolutely nothing to cause it.

Given the absurd model he keeps referencing - a flat disc half-lit by a tiny orbiting lamp of a sun (or moon) - not only is there nothing preventing something that locally bright from casting light further away into the (presumably) dark area, there's also no reason for there to even be a dark area. Like I said before, sun/moon should be visible from all points of the disc at all times, even from the furthest opposite side from where the light is at any given moment. Dimmer, maybe, but still plainly visible just as stars are still plainly visible in the FE model.

FE is magical thinking, but you don't realize just how magical until you see their own...how to put this...inadequate models for how things work.

Last edited:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
And the Bible SHOULD be about Jesus Christ returning in 70 AD

Neither geocentrism or heliocentrism can be proven true or false.

Yet, the majority of the world believes heliocentrism.

Geocentrism puts the earth at the center of everything. That's something atheists don't want to hear.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But it ain't.

Preterism is much more closely related to Mormonism on that point, than to true Bible belief.

You guys should try to stay on the topic of the thread (Both Mormonism and Dispensationalism were invented in 1830).

Dispensationalism claims that the current planet earth is going to be destroyed, and then God is going to create a brand new planet earth that looks exactly like the current planet earth. IMO, that's crazier than believing in a flat earth.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
You guys should try to stay on the topic of the thread (Both Mormonism and Dispensationalism were invented in 1830).

Dispensationalism claims that the current planet earth is going to be destroyed, and then God is going to create a brand new planet earth that looks exactly like the current planet earth. IMO, that's crazier than believing in a flat earth.

Stop attempting to hyjack the thread. Discuss the flat earth model or something related to it or go away. No one here wishes to discuss dispensationalism or Mormonism or Preterism on this thread.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Stop attempting to hyjack the thread. Discuss the flat earth model or something related to it or go away. No one here wishes to discuss dispensationalism or Mormonism or Preterism on this thread.

LOL....once again Clete, you prove you have no critical thinking skills.

Go back and see who attempted to hyjack the thread by bringing up Preterism and Mormonism.

Oh wait.....you won't say anything to your fellow Dispies.

oatmeal

Here is a short list of observable proofs for a flat earth:

1. There is no visible curvature.

2. All bodies of water are absolutely level.

3. All aircraft move over a stationary flat plain.

Arguments against these facts contradict sensory perception.

--Dave

There is visible curvature

No body of water is absolutely level

No aircraft move over a stationary flat plain.

Sensory perception is not the proof of truth.

Do railroad tracks meet at the horizon? The sensory perception tells us that they do. Are objects in the distance literally smaller than those nearby? does your wife literally physically smaller if you see her in the distance?

Since you cannot perceive me with your senses, therefore that is proof that I do not exist?

Then who wrote this post?

Your "evidence" and conclusions are humorous.

Thanks for the entertainment.

Do you also own a life size map of the USA?

Is it a flat map? or a 3D version?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
LOL....once again Clete, you prove you have no critical thinking skills.

Go back and see who attempted to hyjack the thread by bringing up Preterism and Mormonism.

Oh wait.....you won't say anything to your fellow Dispies.

I picked your post to respond to because you're the one who said "You guys should try to stay on the topic of the thread..." and the proceeded to bring up dispensationalism, of all things.

The bottom line is - if your (or someone else's) comments don't have something to do with cosmology, keep it to yourself or post it elsewhere.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dave...

Please I gotta know. Could you respond to this post I made a few days ago....

Last weekend I was up in Northern Colorado and I looked due east as the moon came up over the horizon. It was HUGE!! I mean... the moon looked MASSIVE as it crept up over the horizon. In fact it looked bigger when it came over the horizon than it looked when it was directly overhead.

Dave, why wasn't the moon really tiny as it came up over the horizon like you claim it should be? Why was the moon just as big as it came over the horizon as it is when it's directly overhead??

musterion

popcorn.gif%7Ec200

Right Divider

Body part
Dave...

Please I gotta know. Could you respond to this post I made a few days ago....

Last weekend I was up in Northern Colorado and I looked due east as the moon came up over the horizon. It was HUGE!! I mean... the moon looked MASSIVE as it crept up over the horizon. In fact it looked bigger when it came over the horizon than it looked when it was directly overhead.

Dave, why wasn't the moon really tiny as it came up over the horizon like you claim it should be? Why was the moon just as big as it came over the horizon as it is when it's directly overhead??
You have fish-eye eyes? :chuckle:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You have fish-eye eyes? :chuckle:
I'd say his heavenly FOV (field of view) is set to a really high number.

(For those who don't get it, FOV determines how much you can see on your computer screen in a videogame. Google FOV for more info. Anyways, a higher FOV tends to make things at the edges of the screen larger than they would be in the center of the screen.)

Status
Not open for further replies.