The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lon

Oh, I forgot, once somebody sees something and gives their opinion on it that's iyt. No more opinions allowed cuz Lon watched it. That settles it. I'm having trouble explaining things to Lon because you all can't seem to grasp the circumnavigation by north/south lines. Ignore for you.

Its interesting (linked to about page 306). For me? I want to see how the guy is understanding before I deconstruct either of our views. In a sense, It is good science because it is trying to see how another person sees science. That's how we move forward, even if one theory is completely wrong. I kind of get bummed when posturing happens (we all do it, I think). It is to me, more fun and better science, if one has time, to wade through things. Sometimes reinventing the wheel might seem like two steps back to the three steps forward though. We don't all, always have the time. The guy is observing from 'his' plane so of course he is seeing it flat. We all do because the curve is incredibly large, even from a jet. From what I understand, passengers on the Concord did see the curvature because the plane had to fly higher so it wouldn't bug ears breaking the sound barrier (LOUD). If you happen to be able to talk with a Concord passenger, it might expedite conversations.

I didn't see this addressed in the guy's video, what was his explanation for why the lunar eclipse is always a globed shadow. From your other source, what was the guy's explanation of why the moon has shadows at all if it is supposed to contain its own light? I haven't figured out how they believe either of these work. Thanks. -Lon

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Also, the sun doesn't get 'larger' it's simply solar flare/glare. Plenty of evidence is out there that when a proper filter is used the sun is the same size and is actually quite small (because it's so far away!)

Also, how does the sun not set at all in Antarctica during certain times of the year? That's a problem for the cow earth model.
The sun does get smaller as it sets and bigger as it rises as Tam said and as has been shown with video and measurement proof video footage, time lapsed.

Lon

Best Flat Earth and Geocentric Proofs for Skeptics in 2018

Really good proofs including compass proof

https://youtu.be/sy7q549d5vQ - 15 minutes

0:45 seconds in? I think its his graphics card and program :chuckle:
Not making fun of him, we just can't be jumping to the 'first' conclusion all the time.
1:10 We have to do what is called oversampling to get pictures.

To get Jupiter? A computer has to pass over the image hundreds to thousands of times to capture clarity. Example: if you had a camera that took 30 frames (pictures) a second, and all of them turned out blurry, you could combine them with a good computer program and get a much clearer picture by the combination.
Essentially, all space pictures ard done this way especially from the earth. I've seen oversampling (think perhaps, digital focussing) of the moon on Night Skies Network. https://www.nightskiesnetwork.com/
1:30 Reporters wouldn't know what footage to put where. News stations would have no way of knowing the footage they were all tying together was either in space or low orbit. Good catch? Well, that's okay, but insufficient to cast the problem upon NASA. It would just not be good editing by the news station. They aren't rocket scientists though.

1:45 Sure, reporting, why wouldn't they use blue-screen/green-screen?
He was already back. Networks couldn't follow him into space. Remember the oversampling requirement for clear pictures? It sometimes takes hours. Neil Armstrong wouldn't have been able to get a sentence out if they tried for a sharper picture, but if they already had...they'd just need to superimpose him. Sometimes, I think just a little bit of technology education would help on some of these :think:
2:00 Wire harness. Yes, they practiced. The cameras weren't allowed on flights of course, but they were allowed often during pretraining. Again, as far as I'm aware, it isn't a NASA problem but a network problem. Again, they aren't rocket scientists, but I'm not sure they were trying to dupe anybody, just add footage to get the 'scoop' (newspaper talk for 'story') In a number of ways, newscasts are a big production like any television or stage show, even down to news anchors sitting in make-up chairs. Trump is right there is a lot of 'fake' even when the new is trying to not be fake (I used to write for a newpaper in Alaska. I wasn't as good as Michael "scoop" Bowen).
2:11 No idea why the mike isn't in the guy's hand. Zero gravity simulation?
I could keep going, but it seems to me, these are good observations but no real problem 'unless' somebody is lying about them but none of these that I saw misrepresented anything. It was just 'supposed.' For me, bad journalism and my editor would have wrung me out. Today? I might get a pat on the back and a contract with the National Enquirer :noway:
Just kidding, while there is definitely bias in the news media, they'd still get in trouble for purposeful fabrication. I am with Trump on this, though: The news media has a liberal bias. When Obama was in office? Police abuse and wrongful shootings. With Trump? Police officers being shot in the line of duty. As soon as Trump made it in office and called news media on the carpet, we've seen a change and better (not perfect) responsible reporting. Back to the topic...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I watched that whole thing. That's the best you can find. My video will be a time lapse and it's got the right "filter". This guy was just flipping screens and still images, you have no idea what he's doing. It's like watch a street performer hile the coin under one og three cups and shuffling them around faster than the eye can see. Don't quit your day job.

WizardofOz

I watched that whole thing. That's the best you can find. My video will be a time lapse and it's got the right "filter". This guy was just flipping screens and still images, you have no idea what he's doing. It's like watch a street performer hile the coin under one og three cups and shuffling them around faster than the eye can see. Don't quit your day job.

It simply addresses an important aspect of the video you wanted debunked so bad. He says the sun changes size but :idea: he used no solar filter so it's an irrelevant point at best and deceitful at worst.

There are plenty of other videos that show a clear time lapse if that's what your after. Guess what, the sun doesn't change size.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
It simply addresses an important aspect of the video you wanted debunked so bad. He says the sun changes size but :idea: he used no solar filter so it's an irrelevant point at best and deceitful at worst.

There are plenty of other videos that show a clear time lapse if that's what your after. Guess what, the sun doesn't change size.
That's what I'm watching right now, just for you. I', looking for a good one cuz maybe only you video guy is the only one that knows about the wondrous filter. BTW, he debunked the one specific video I said to debunk? Amazing, it's like it was meant to be. :shocked:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
37d289c3a5b3d0cebdf4cdd3f5bf3b93.jpg

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
PJ, I'm currently unable to play the game I was talking about earlier, so I found the next best thing to illustrate what I wanted to show.

This game (Star Citizen) allows you to descend from orbit to land on moons (and soon planets as well).

This footage is from a few months ago, but shows a camera view that starts at eye-level and ascends to high orbit.

https://youtu.be/-yLTm8DZ8s4

This is a completely seamless transition, there are no loading screens, and the ground your character stands on is in fact a sphere.

Note the flat horizon all the way up until the camera starts accelerating to orbit after briefly flying backwards along the surface, at which point the horizon starts to curve.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
PJ, I'm currently unable to play the game I was talking about earlier, so I found the next best thing to illustrate what I wanted to show.

This game (Star Citizen) allows you to descend from orbit to land on moons (and soon planets as well).

This footage is from a few months ago, but shows a camera view that starts at eye-level and ascends to high orbit.

This is a completely seamless transition, there are no loading screens, and the ground your character stands on is in fact a sphere.

Note the flat horizon all the way up until the camera starts accelerating to orbit after briefly flying backwards along the surface, at which point the horizon starts to curve.
I'll watch now or in the morning, I was just ready to make a couple more posts. I'll get back to you early tomorrow. Thank you :e4e:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Really? That was pretty pathetic. There's no way I believe that 2 minute video, it was a movie pruction of some sort. I can see curvature when I watch Star Trek too. :chuckle: - Watch the video in the Biblical thread fro a balloon at 24 miles in space, 120,000 feet. No curvature whatsoever. The good footage starts at 6 minutes the video is 12 minutes - Tam posted it first then I re-posted it. It's real live footage, no actors or movie graphics like yours/ BTW, my cousin has the best gaming on his computer system that's available today and it's very realistic. Don't be fooled, JR. :e4e:

Status
Not open for further replies.