The earth is flat and we never went to the moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Last time I'm posting this question today and I want to be clear. This question is for globers using a globe/ball/sphere as the model. On a globe starting at the top/north pole. Go south all the way to the bottom/the alleged south pole. Then keep going so that on a globe you would be coming back up the other side and going north again. This is called a circumnavigation. I propose that it can't be done and never has been done. Not with any mode of transportation available. Leave fuel and cold weather out of the scenario and imagine perfect weather and unlimited fuel/power source. It can't be done with a plane, jet, rocket, balloon, submarine, ship or boat.

I propose that there is no legitimate south pole and no "southernmost" point exists. I say, that if you go south, starting from any point on the globe you will never start going north again and that you will just stay going south forever. So, on a globe you can't go from the top to the bottom and back up the other side in one complete circle. If this isn't clear to anyone let me know and I'll try to explain better.

What really happens if you go south from any point on the map and keep going south is, you will never at any point start going north.

Since we're never all on at the same time I'm tagging a few users, because my plan was to cut way back on this topic after Monday. I don't like that I can't edit on this thread and Sherman doesn't like the topic. I plan to use my conspiracy thread for science and the Biblical thread for scriptures. If I get quoted in this thread I'll reply.

The best question to debunk flat earth that I've encountered so far was from my mom and my cousin. They asked, "how could so many people be in on it? Why would NASA (Nasha in Hebrew is to deceive or bequile Strongs: 5378) lie and why would governments not tell everybody?" "Wouldn't they be happy and tell the world?" I smiled. That's why I have the Conspiracy thread :)

@Tambora (just to see the question) @Right Divider @Lon @WatchmanOnTheWall (you already answered it's just a clearer question) @Knight :chuckle: @JudgeRightly @daqq @The Berean @glorydaz :chuckle: @tetelestai @WizardofOz @SaulToPaul :chuckle: @Stripe @Stipe @User Name @jsanford
The question for me is, if in could be done, why hasn't somebody done it? A true circumnavigation going south. A solar plane or a nuclear sub, a rocket or balloon so that fuel is not an issue. If they say it can't be done because of weather then let Elon Musk send a rocket or a drone with a dummy in a space suit and a camera. God Bless you if you believe that's real and there's a Tesla flying through the firmament.

Lon

Last time I'm posting this question today and I want to be clear. This question is for globers using a globe/ball/sphere as the model. On a globe starting at the top/north pole. Go south all the way to the bottom/the alleged south pole. Then keep going so that on a globe you would be coming back up the other side and going north again. This is called a circumnavigation. I propose that it can't be done and never has been done. Not with any mode of transportation available. Leave fuel and cold weather out of the scenario and imagine perfect weather and unlimited fuel/power source. It can't be done with a plane, jet, rocket, balloon, submarine, ship or boat.

I propose that there is no legitimate south pole and no "southernmost" point exists. I say, that if you go south, starting from any point on the globe you will never start going north again and that you will just stay going south forever. So, on a globe you can't go from the top to the bottom and back up the other side in one complete circle. If this isn't clear to anyone let me know and I'll try to explain better.

What really happens if you go south from any point on the map and keep going south is, you will never at any point start going north.

Since we're never all on at the same time I'm tagging a few users, because my plan was to cut way back on this topic after Monday. I don't like that I can't edit on this thread and Sherman doesn't like the topic. I plan to use my conspiracy thread for science and the Biblical thread for scriptures. If I get quoted in this thread I'll reply.

The best question to debunk flat earth that I've encountered so far was from my mom and my cousin. They asked, "how could so many people be in on it? Why would NASA (Nasha in Hebrew is to deceive or bequile Strongs: 5378) lie and why would governments not tell everybody?" "Wouldn't they be happy and tell the world?" I smiled. That's why I have the Conspiracy thread :)
@Tambora (just to see the question) @Right Divider @Lon @WatchmanOnTheWall (you already answered it's just a clearer question) @Knight :chuckle: @JudgeRightly @daqq @The Berean @glorydaz :chuckle: @tetelestai @WizardofOz @SaulToPaul :chuckle: @Stripe @Stipe @User Name @jsanford
No need to respond, but you can if you want to do so. :e4e:
North does meet south, if that is what you are saying :idunno: Btw, for the scripture thread, that is a huge 'globe' verse to me: South and North meet. East and West never do, NOR end if you are on a globe, it goes on forever (will get back to north/south in a second). Psalm 103:12

Now, if I am following you, you are saying if I go south, when I get to the South Pole, I will then start going north, not south when I cross that path, but, if I am following, you are saying the direction south should not become north. To me, and in line with the scripture, you could, however, go east and there is no point where it would be west. The north/south doesn't work on a globe model like east/west does. It is interesting, our 'map' system would work better in our minds if you too your flat map and rolled it up into a cylinder, you'd have to cross to the other side from one side to the other with your proposition, again, if I am hearing you right. Perhaps this might be of help: The directions we have are based on compasses. What happens is, a needle is drawn to the North Pole magnetically drawn. If memory serves, the North Pole is positive, thus if you pass to the other side of the earth going south, your 'needle' will always be pointing North and might go a little crazy as you pass the negative pole but still be pointing north when you come to the other side, but your 'direction' will have just gone around the bend. It isn't that you haven't been going in a straight line in one direction, it is just that at that point, you had to 'adjust the compass' not your direction. Not sure if that helps. Perhaps another way: if using the compass you travel west, the compass works that way because you never change position interference of the poles that make the compass work for you.

Again, no need to respond but certainly do so if you desire :e4e: In Him -Lon

Right Divider

Body part

• You can circle the globe in any direction that you want.
  • It's a big planet.
  • NASA is an acronym and has NOTHING to do with any Hebrew word.
  • View attachment 26172

Right Divider

Body part
That's the only picture RD has, he drags the same tired picture out everyday as his proof. He has no clue what happens in an enclosed flat earth and cosmos. Zero effort. :chuckle:
ZERO times have you responded to that picture and the VALID information it contains and argument that it makes.

In the flat earth model, the sun should be visible 24 HOURS A DAY using a simple telescope because:
  • It is NEVER more than 19,000 miles for the FARTHEST possible observer on the surface of the "flat earth"
AND​

• It is NEVER less than 9 degrees ABOVE the horizon of the "flat earth".
Why won't you even TOUCH these INDISPUTABLE FACTS?

I know why... but tell us anyway.

View attachment 26173

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
No need to respond, but you can if you want to do so. :e4e:
North does meet south, if that is what you are saying :idunno: Btw, for the scripture thread, that is a huge 'globe' verse to me: South and North meet. East and West never do, NOR end if you are on a globe, it goes on forever (will get back to north/south in a second). Psalm 103:12
Now, if I am following you, you are saying if I go south, when I get to the South Pole, I will then start going north, not south when I cross that path, but, if I am following, you are saying the direction south should not become north. To me, and in line with the scripture, you could, however, go east and there is no point where it would be west. The north/south doesn't work on a globe model like east/west does. It is interesting, our 'map' system would work better in our minds if you too your flat map and rolled it up into a cylinder, you'd have to cross to the other side from one side to the other with your proposition, again, if I am hearing you right. Perhaps this might be of help: The directions we have are based on compasses. What happens is, a needle is drawn to the North Pole magnetically drawn. If memory serves, the North Pole is positive, thus if you pass to the other side of the earth going south, your 'needle' will always be pointing North and might go a little crazy as you pass the negative pole but still be pointing north when you come to the other side, but your 'direction' will have just gone around the bend. It isn't that you haven't been going in a straight line in one direction, it is just that at that point, you had to 'adjust the compass' not your direction. Not sure if that helps. Perhaps another way: if using the compass you travel west, the compass works that way because you never change position interference of the poles that make the compass work for you.
Maybe this is better description, I'm saying you can go east from St. Louis, keep going east and end up right back in St. Louis, same for if you go west. I don't know a city name at the north pole but let's say the city is called north pole. You can't go south from north pole and end up back at north pole nor could you if you started at south pole and kept going north. I'm saying a true circumnavigation is impossible in the north/south paradigm.

Right Divider

Body part
Maybe this is better description, I'm saying you can go east from St. Louis, keep going east and end up right back in St. Louis, same for if you go west.
Not in a straight line (according to the FE model). In the FE model, you'd need to keep turning left or you'll end up in Antarctica.

If you're going to defend the FE model based on geometry and trigonometry, you might want to go back to school.

Lon

Maybe this is better description, I'm saying you can go east from St. Louis, keep going east and end up right back in St. Louis, same for if you go west. I don't know a city name at the north pole but let's say the city is called north pole. You can't go south from north pole and end up back at north pole nor could you if you started at south pole and kept going north. I'm saying a true circumnavigation is impossible in the north/south paradigm.

As far as the 'compass' you are correct. A digital GPS? Not a problem. In a nutshell, you are calling the navigation tool (compass) on the carpet. A compass doesn't do the work for you, you are right. You have to recalculate from south to north. There are better tools today than a compass, map, and sextant. I agree (though I concede this wasn't likely the point :) ). :e4e:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Not in a straight line (according to the FE model). In the FE model, you'd need to keep turning left or you'll end up in Antarctica.

If you're going to defend the FE model based on geometry and trigonometry, you might want to go back to school.
I'm taking my ged next month. Listen, I have proven and shown the answers to your questions multiple times. You ignored the posts, saw them and know I'm right or didn't watch a short video that proves your kindergarten picture wrong. No need to follow me around posting the same picture, that's what trolls do, same post over and over. How would you like it if I kept posting a scripture that I said proves you wrong but you proved my scripture wrong and I just kept saying you can't and you didn't and keep posting my same scripture saying you're wrong. See? Stick to what you're good at or search for the proof I gave you that proves that what you say is impossible, IS POSSIBLE. Let's keep this thread or the conspiracy thread unless you want to post scripture in my thread. [MENTION=15338]Right Divider[/MENTION]

WizardofOz

:nono: This can only be done on a globe, not a flat earth

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
As far as the 'compass' you are correct. A digital GPS? Not a problem. In a nutshell, you are calling the navigation tool (compass) on the carpet. A compass doesn't do the work for you, you are right. You have to recalculate from south to north. There are better tools today than a compass, map, and sextant. I agree (though I concede this wasn't likely the point :) ). :e4e:
Darn it, I meant to address the compass, yes. That is proven to only work on a flat earth. I posted in this thread a short (maybe 10-15 minutes) with some of the best proofs of 2018. It has a good experiment proving the compass wouldn't work on a globe. I'll find it and tag you in bit. No hurry for you to watch it and see but get back to me if you watch it. :) - I wish I knew the name of your tipping your cap emoji, I never feel like searching for it. Although I could have right now. I know a few, like this one. :nori:

Lon

Darn it, I meant to address the compass, yes. That is proven to only work on a flat earth. I posted in this thread a short (maybe 10-15 minutes) with some of the best proofs of 2018. It has a good experiment proving the compass wouldn't work on a globe. I'll find it and tag you in bit. No hurry for you to watch it and see but get back to me if you watch it. :) - I wish I knew the name of your tipping your cap emoji, I never feel like searching for it. Although I could have right now. I know a few, like this one. :nori:

A compass would work wherever you have a magnetic point that pulls your metal needle. That said, we are on a tilt so a globe that sets on an angled arm is accurate. A perpendicular stand is inaccurate. A lot of 'navigation' education can and could mess anybody up as far as directions are concerned. I think every kid should have a map and compass class;. I've taught it a few times but would have to brush up with GPS to do so again. The hat-tip ;e4e; ( use :: instead) :e4e : :e4e:

Lon

btw, any icon on TOL, if you hover over it, it will tell you how to make it. For instance if you hover over this :banana: it says 'banana' To make it or any icon? Just put :: on either side when typing the word and the icon will show up for you :amr: :e4e:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
TIMELAPSE OF THE SUN PROVES FLAT EARTH - HD perspective matrix

From the video description: This is an upgraded version of the original with added timelapse footage. The old, low resolution footage has been replaced with high resolution HD footage. Watch how the sun comes at you when it's rising and goes away from you when it's setting. See how the sun's light at sunset shrinks and trails after it - not at all what we would expect to see if the sun is 93,000,000 miles away.

https://youtu.be/GDaiw-G1VGE - 20 minutes - click on link for full screen view

DEBUNK THIS GLOBERS - (You Can't)
If you two don't watch enough of this video to prove it wrong then stop giving ME questions that I've already answered. If this doesn't answer your questions about the sun at the poles or seeing the sun at night with a telescope on a flat earth(that's RD with that ridiculous assertion), then you both aren't looking for my answers and I'll put you both on ignore, no big loss for any of us. No hurry. [MENTION=15338]Right Divider[/MENTION] [MENTION=7959]WizardofOz[/MENTION]

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Lon already did starting in post 4583

Then you concede
Oh, I forgot, once somebody sees something and gives their opinion on it that's iyt. No more opinions allowed cuz Lon watched it. That settles it. I'm having trouble explaining things to Lon because you all can't seem to grasp the circumnavigation by north/south lines. Ignore for you.

WizardofOz

Oh, I forgot, once somebody sees something and gives their opinion on it that's iyt. No more opinions allowed cuz Lon watched it. That settles it. I'm having trouble explaining things to Lon because you all can't seem to grasp the circumnavigation by north/south lines. Ignore for you.

Why would I attempt to debunk a video that you are not even convinced by? Otherwise, rebut Lon's points.

Status
Not open for further replies.