The earth is flat and we never went to the moon--Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
TIMELAPSE OF THE SUN PROVES FLAT EARTH - HD perspective matrix

From Video Description : This is an upgraded version of the original with added timelapse footage. The old, low resolution footage has been replaced with high resolution HD footage. Watch how the sun comes at you when it's rising and goes away from you when it's setting. See how the sun's light at sunset shrinks and trails after it - not at all what we would expect to see if the sun is 93,000,000 miles away.

20 minutes - Priceless
@Clete and @daqq - Did you two get a chance to watch this and debunk it yet?

daqq

That's all well and good.

Before I go on here, I have to make a confession.

My friend Chippy lives in the (so called) northern hemisphere.
I had watched one of his previous videos and he was calling the airlines about a flight from Chile.
I wrongly assumed that was where he lived.

Now that being said, he still does not believe the sun moves counter clock wise in the (so called)southern hemisphere.

You seem to be misrepresenting my argument once again, it is a straw-man: I never said anything about the sun moving clockwise or counter clockwise. You even brought this up before and I plainly clarified my position that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west all over the world: and that is what everyone sees, whether they live in the northern hemisphere, near the equator, or in the southern hemisphere. That is one of the reasons why the flat earth theory cannot be true: for even though the sun rises in the east and sets in the west all over the world, still yet the sun does not cross the sky in the same path everywhere on the earth. And because the arc is reversed, (meaning that in the northern hemisphere the path of the sun is in an arc across the southern sky, and in the southern hemisphere the path of the sun is in an arc across the northern sky), the flat earth model absolutely cannot work unless you introduce multiple suns, or something just as ludicrous, such as perhaps a giant convex lens in the sky at the equator making the sun appear to do what it does every day.

The flat earth theory is therefore not only wrong but preposterous: for it does not even align with what may be seen every day from the globe by billions of people living in different areas of the globe who are seeing the sun doing different things in the skies above where they live. The only option you have is precisely the road which you have taken: a supposed giant conspiracy theory that says all of the sun path geometry apps supplied for the entire southern hemisphere are part of some great big lie, and a giant conspiracy hoax, and that supposedly all those living in the southern hemisphere do not actually see what they know they see every day.

However these things can easily be verified by anyone who takes a flight from the northern hemisphere, (like the US), down to the equator, (like Quito Ecuador), and disembarking the airplane they would see the sun passing nearly directly overhead as opposed to how it crosses the sky in the northern hemisphere. If the same person then took another flight southward, deeper into the southern hemisphere, like somewhere in South America, the same person would see the path of the sun crossing the sky in an arc across the northern sky.

If the person taking the flight lived in the US they could do this in several days: watch the sun path one day in the US, then fly down to Quito Ecuador, spend the night in a motel, and spend the next day watching the sun pass overhead: then fly further south to somewhere like Buenos Aires Argentina, spend the night in a motel and spend the next day watching the sun pass overhead. But even this is outlandish just to prove a point because anyone in the southern hemisphere with eyes that work can tell you what the sun does every day. However the plain truth is that most people take what they see for granted because it happens every day of their lives: and the plain truth also is that Skippy the Rodent, or whatever his name is, probably never even thought about this blazing contradiction in his flat earth model.

Here is a nice video using real pictures and an app that aligns photographs by directional degrees.

I know you like foolin' around with that stuff so this should be really interesting to you.

Between 27 and 28 minutes he says he lives in the northern hemisphere.

In this video his objective is to show that the sun is setting in a northerly direction from Perth, Austraila.

Also that it does not set at the degree like the day and time apps say.

Enjoy....

40 minutes

More from Squeeky the Rat? (all that helium cannot be good for his brain, lol).

daqq

I understand your argument I just have not seen how this is verifiable.

I hope that you understand when we are shown how we measure the angle and azimuth that one has to do it as if the earth is flat and the horizon is straight. It makes no sense to assume flat earth in order to prove a globe. One would think that this proves flat earth.

When you say, "There really isn't any arc at all", then add, "what is witnessed from the ground in the various locations and latitudes on the earth", I have to conclude that no one witnesses any arc at all from any particular location. Maybe no one can see an arc is because it would be too slight for anyone to actually see. I personally have never watched the sun all day in order to verify that the earth is flat. We have seen some time lapse video of this happening. One can reject any video but eyewitnessing this arcing path of the sun is something I don't think anyone can do in support of either flat or globe earth.

Again, I'm not saying your argument is wrong, I'm just not seeing as yet how one can verify it. But I am honestly researching this and following the videos you're presenting. I also am researching this from the flat earth perspective for an answer.

I want to thank you because this is the way I had hoped this debate would go.

--Dave

The only option you have at this point, Dave, is to go the same path which 1-M-1-S has gone, which appears to be where you are headed, but I hope not: for that is to say that everyone living in the southern hemisphere does not actually see what they claim to see, and that all of the sun path geometry apps online are part of a giant conspiracy hoax put forth by NASA, and now Google Earth. We know that the paths of the sun are indeed verifiable. You've lost the argument at this point, Dave, and simply do not yet know it. This is why I said to Patrick earlier in this thread that this is the end of the thread for me: not that I would not post herein anymore, but that this point is the flat-earth death knell, (and we have still not yet even ventured into sundials and how and why they can only work on a globe).

Stuu

Here's a nice photograph of a sundial. Sundials only work on a globe:

1024px-Melbourne_sundial_at_Flagstaff_Gardens.JPG

Stuart

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The only option you have at this point, Dave, is to go the same path which 1-M-1-S has gone, which appears to be where you are headed, but I hope not: for that is to say that everyone living in the southern hemisphere does not actually see what they claim to see, and that all of the sun path geometry apps online are part of a giant conspiracy hoax put forth by NASA, and now Google Earth. We know that the paths of the sun are indeed verifiable. You've lost the argument at this point, Dave, and simply do not yet know it. This is why I said to Patrick earlier in this thread that this is the end of the thread for me: not that I would not post herein anymore, but that this point is the flat-earth death knell, (and we have still not yet even ventured into sundials and how and why they can only work on a globe).
Again, if you think you've discovered the "death knell" of flat earth, why aren't you on tour making 250,000 a year or working as a nasa spokesman? You are full of yourself if you think you found something that proves a globe and all others are behind and need to catch up to your 29 days of intense research.

Watching "enough" of a video to know the "concept" and all. Really? You're right, the thread is over for you because your mind was made up before you started. BTW, more people would and COULD read your posts if you discovered the concept of of "paragraphs" but you're probably busy proving the globe with the sun in the southern hemisphere or the stars or something. Sundials can ONLY work in flat earth. You're like Mr. Opposite here.
bc316978d61822f1c08798175898f04e.jpg

82c1683640d601aed0b3c93ca38d11ad.jpg

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Stuart
You couldn't be more wrong stew. You should check youR Fake News before you preach it. I thought you knew. Oh, by the way, PROVE IT. I can say things too. My things are true though, big difference.

Last edited by a moderator:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
How does the globe explain the light following the sun and SLOWLY disappearing at sunset/nightfall when that can't possibly happen in the globe model?

In fact, it does no such thing in the "official" animation of how the the 93,000,000 mile away sun casts the nightfall shadow on the fake globe. Nobody bother watching the whole 19 minute video I tagged a few globers in. That's why they ignore it.

93,000,000 miles is 491,040,000,000 feet above the earth? Away from the earth? Strong delusion.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Glad you're back, and no I have not ignored any arguments from either side of this topic.

I want more in depth debate as I have thanked daqq for understanding. I'm still researching the "Mapping" arguments.
Please explain. What research are you doing, specifically?

I'm not going to answer posts that make too many points all at one time. The "flatards" videos are an example of this.
Each video has a theme. The first was basically about the map issue, another has to do with the night sky, etc. Have you watched any of the others?

There is no need to respond to every point he makes individually. Besides, as I've said before, the only correct response to any of those videos would be, "Oh! Okay then, the Earth isn't flat after all."
The man does more than make great arguments, he proves flat earthers are wrong. You're playing a very dangerous game associating this flat-earth stupidity with Christianity.

And this time I'm making more written arguments rather than just showing videos.
My advise to you is to avoid forcing those of us who are still somewhat willing to engage the issue from having to spend very much more time than we already do.
I'll attempt to respond to the arguments you make but I'm not going to read every post. If there is something you want me to see, you need to mention me specifically or else there's a good chance I'll miss it.

But I like viewing videos that educate me from both sides. I don't think you even look at the flat earth side and prefer to use ridicule and ad hominems instead. But please prove me wrong.
Don't get judgmental on me here, David. You need to count yourself lucky I'm willing to discuss this with you at all. I spent six whole months debatingthis with you, without ridicule or name calling, to exactly no avail whatsoever. It was like pulling teeth to get you to respond in even the simplest of ways to a single argument I had made.

Additionally, I don't give away respect for nothing. Flat earthism is flat out stupidity. You'll see that eventually or prove yourself to be stupid. Spades are spades, David.

I fear you just want to "state" the status quo, like; there's a globe in every class room, NASA would never deceive anyone, the spinning globe is already proven beyond any doubt, case closed.
I'm not the least bit interested in what you "feel". When have I ever made such an argument? If I have at all its been in frustration at the fact that you won't respond to any of the dozens of substantive arguments that I've spent hours and hours typing up. Maybe you ought to go back and reread the first few hundred posts of the original thread before continuing here.

Too many times you responded to arguments for flat earth as just lies rather than explain why you think they are wrong.
Bull! Go back and reread your original thread< David. That thread would have died a year ago if not for the arguments that I made.

Please set aside your emotions. This is a good debate because it gives a lot of us who don't have a background in cosmology to learn about it from both sides of what is an important subject, in my opinion, with theological and eschatological implications.
A good debate has far less to do with the topic than it has to do with whether the people participating substantively respond to the argument made by the opposing side, which I have done until I am literally blue in the face and now you're telling me you're not even going to bother responding to the videos I've posted after having posting 10,000 hours of your own which I personally have spent God only knows how many hours responding to directly - point by point.

Respect other people's opinion even if you disagree and at least acknowledge that people want to know about this and many of them don't trust NASA and fear a deep state that wants to control them with false information about God, science, and maybe even cosmology.

--Dave
Nope! You blew off all the respect I had for you in regards to this topic on the other thread when you ignored, and I mean ignored, argument after argument after argument after argument. If you want it back, you'll have to earn it. You can start by responding in some sort of substantive manner to those videos which flat out prove your position to be false, not to mention down right silly and deserving of every ounce of ridicule he dishes out against it.

Clete

daqq

Again, if you think you've discovered the "death knell" of flat earth, why aren't you on tour making 250,000 a year or working as a nasa spokesman? You are full of yourself if you think you found something that proves a globe and all others are behind and need to catch up to your 29 days of intense research.

Watching "enough" of a video to know the "concept" and all. Really? You're right, the thread is over for you because your mind was made up before you started. BTW, more people would and COULD read your posts if you discovered the concept of of "paragraphs" but you're probably busy proving the globe with the sun in the southern hemisphere or the stars or something. Sundials can ONLY work in flat earth. You're like Mr. Opposite here.

Is it my fault none of the flat-earthers are smart enough to think of what I have put forth here in this thread? That says much more about them and yourself than it does about me.

It all boils down to lack of quality education and that also is not my fault or my problem. You are willing to believe that sundials can only work on a flat earth because you, like those you are listening to, have no understanding of geometry or the spacial/spatial thinking that a year of geometry class in high school would allow your mind to comprehend.

You and 1-M-1-S apparently cannot even grasp the idea of an azimuthal map of a globe as viewed from above the north pole; and this is revealed by the very fact that the both of you keep presenting an azimuthal map of the globe to present your own outlandish flat earth proofs and theories: you cannot fathom that you yourselves are using a flat map of the globe because your minds are apparently not capable of geometric spacial thinking.

For the same reason, I would venture to guess, you apparently cannot handle a paragraph longer than about five sentences. Is that why you post so many memes and image files with catchy slogans and essentially no factual information? You loose interest and get confused when you need to read more than three or four sentences in a row?

Ignorance is bliss but more power to ya: if it is printed on an internet meme or stated in an internet YouTube video, then it must be true according to Patrick, and especially if it agrees with Patrick's point of view. Sorry for your luck, Patrick, but the paths of the sun are not determined by internet memes, slick internet YouTube videos, or talking chipmunks.

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Want to know why I get angry when you fools associate the flat-earth stupidity with Christianity?

This is why...

https://youtu.be/QhibN89WJtI

WARNING! This video contains cussing and insults. He repeatedly calls the maker of the video he's responding to by the name "Cletus", which happens to be my name. I can't tell if he does this as an insult or if it's the flat-earther's actual name (because I'm not the idiot who made that stupid video). Regardless, I was able to watch the video without taking it personally. Let's see if you can do the same.

I present the video for two main reasons...

1st it demonstrates the dangers of associating stupidity with Christianity.
2nd he does an excellent job of rebutting the morons "arguments".

Clete

daqq

1024px-Melbourne_sundial_at_Flagstaff_Gardens.JPG

Stuart

Here is another very short video where using a sundial from the southern hemisphere the guy is again saying the same thing: on a flat earth you would essentially need another sun circling around the south for the sundial to work.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

PJ, Please show how none of the objects in your second image work on a round earth, instead of making a "just so" argument. And stop spamming the same images over and over again.
[MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION]

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

That last video from Chippy scared him.

Rather than comment on it or post some positive proof against it he lamed out and said it wasn't addressing his argument.

Last edited:

daqq

That last video from Chippy scared him.

Rather than comment on it or post some positive proof against it he lamed out and said it wasn't addressing his argument.

:blabla::blabla::blabla: :darwinsm:

Uh, sorry to burst your bubble but I never even clicked on your last talking chipmunk video.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
[MENTION=17195]daqq[/MENTION] Don't be scared.

Chippy didn't conclusively disprove your argument.

If you use his method though, you actually may have a chance to prove to yourself that those charts you keep posting are accurate.

Sorry to laugh at yuh, but Clete's flat tard video got me rolling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.