ECT The core of the argument between Christians and MAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
It's a real hoot to watch how far ya'll will go to excuse yourselves for being ugly to others. And at the same time condemn others for being ugly to you.

And then ya'll get bent out of shape if MADists stick together against others, but excuse yourselves for doing the exact same thing.

john w

Hall of Fame

john w

Hall of Fame
And without a doubt Peter preached Jesus Christ as Savior from sin.

As did all the Apostles proclaim the same Gospel of Christ
, to their differing audiences and in their own words, which did not have to exactly duplicate Paul's Gospel message in I Corinthians 15:1-4, to be the same teaching, all inspired by God

You can't find/show us one verse, where the 12 ever preached 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, prior to the dbr, while they were preaching the gospel of the kingdom, for almost 3 years.

I've asked you for 3 years, and we've not heard a peep from you, except, "Bah...Gag."

Wicked old lady(you taught us that).

whitestone

I loved Blacklist...

The "jab" was to the poster who said he was here to learn the basis or lack of basis for MAD doctrine, and I was reading his take on these Mid-Acts passages to be potentially supportive of the MAD theology...

So please forgive me the provocation - I simply had a different take on the passages being discussed, and was trying to get the matter back on the track of his purpose of posting here...

My peeve is with the common and unrebuked MAD practice here of launching personal attacks on people with whom they disagree... It is so pervasive that I suppose "vendetta" would be the appropriate term for my confronting it when it arises... But this comment was not one of those... I think you know that I would not shy away from admitting it were it the case...

Arsenios

I did not receive it offensively,actually I think it is good to examine the spirit of an individual as to their purpose of posting so I will tell you of mine. I think that we as Christians have in one way or another always had "a different take" on the exact meanings of certain matters concerning scripture. If we contemplate it the counsel at Jerusalem in it's self is a testimony to this that one portion was of the mind that they should be circumcised and follow the law and the other not. Paul and Barnabas held different positions on Mark over leaving off the work.

In the christian letters we saw some who said they were of Paul,some of Apollos some of Peter some Christ. Now to contemplate it there is a great similarity in this, that is as it seems they were of the mind that these had set up different schools of thought on the matter of Christ(so to speak). So they were disputing over the matter one saying "well when I heard Peter this is the way he Taught and I agree with his rendering of it",while another said "no,no,no I think that Apollos is who understands it and Peter and Paul misunderstand this part",but any way we look at it they saw things a different way one from the other and to them they were of the mind that all the others were incorrect.

As it seems also evident in the early church letters there are many accounts of corrections by the apostles some as warnings of err,some suggestions as to behavior,at times some were delivered over to satin. In the letters to the seven Churches in Asia there are many things brought up some as admonishment and approval to the same. As time went on it was much the same there is the five books written by Irenieus over the issues of many scriptural differences that had arose after the death's of the eyewitnesses(A.H. books 1-5). In the sporadic letters of Irenaeus Polycarp nor Anicetus could persuade the other to the positions they held of the celabration of the Eucharist tho Anicetus conceded to Polycarp in respect.

Now as time went on the same happened as before (which is not captive only to Christianity),that is even the Jew's differed over the meanings of the scriptures as to if there were Angels or a Resurrection of the dead(same thing differences over what they thought it meant) but there has always been divisions over certain matters. If we begin a thread about the word "azamoth" would it not turn to a debate over whether it is Satin or Christ? What is a Shamir worm,and then will we not differ over Jinns?

I note that across the history of the Church this has repeated it's self from generation to generation counsels met to discuss Church at "x" teaching "Y" and determining what manner of conclusion to hold to as correct. Then as time went on there became more and more denominations one saying "i am of" and inserting a name,and another "well i am of" and inserting another name. As it seems this is from way back then all the way to now and the thing that we do whether it is correct to do or not we seem to have very little strength to resist doing it. Maybe it's suppose to be this way to have us ponder these matters.

So who am I for? What side am I on? There are no shortages of denominations and there is no need to add another. When I was born I lived in a town and there was a Catholic Church,a Baptist Church,A Church of Christ,an Assembly of God,and a Friends meeting house(Quaker) but it being a small town there were no other Churches close to us. As time went on and the town grew they built a Pentecostal Church and then a Lutheran and a Nazarene and then many others,but this was by the time I was grown. Now as you could imagine if it was not taught in any of the ones in my town(especially the ones from when I was young) I had never heard of it. Now in the late 80's early 90's when the internet boomed I being compelled to read and study all I could find about God began following the Christian chat/forums,researching world history,looking at the fragments of Christian books in libraries ect.,,, As I approached this in this manner I saw "new words" pre., post,dispensationist,sabatarian,grass roots,ect.ect. and many more(I guess it depends on what town we grow up in),but I thought that the "great battle over whose church was the true church" was only between the four or five churches in my home town,what a shock to find a thousand more.

Well if we took the thread title and changed it to "the core of the argument between Christians and the Baptist",or "the core of the argument between Christians and the Seventh day Adventist" we could supplant every denominations name here and it will remain the same,that is "I am of" will soon be said by many. And as it seems I just had to throw in a portion of mine own life story along with the worlds. Christian's argued over it before i was born,Christians argued over it throughout my life and are still in the midst of it. I am "christian",I am not of the mind to call myself after another name.

whitestone

The whole point is that it was a Pentecost descent of the Holy Spirit being given to the Gentiles [to the cornelius party]... They were THEN, AFTER THAT descent, that they were baptized...

It was the descent of the Holy Spirit that PERSUADED Peter to BAPTIZE them... There is nothing there about the Holy Spirit baptizing, but only about Peter baptizing, and the Holy Spirit descending.

Act 11:15
And as I began to speak,
the Holy Spirit descended upon them,
as on us at the beginning.

And it was Peter's MEMORY of Christ's words that persuaded him to them baptize the Gentiles... Christ's words were: "John indeed baptized by water, but you shall be baptized IN the Holy Spirit... So that when he saw them IN the Holy Spirit, he baptized them...

Arsenios

My reference was to verse 16,,, "...,but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost"(Acts 11:16)

andyc

It's a real hoot to watch how far ya'll will go to excuse yourselves for being ugly to others. And at the same time condemn others for being ugly to you.

And then ya'll get bent out of shape if MADists stick together against others, but excuse yourselves for doing the exact same thing.

Just cut to the chase.
Is it ok to call people names?

Yes or no?

john w

Hall of Fame
Just cut to the chase.

Yes or no?

Is it OK to be so"gracious," as to post this?:

"He lives in his own fantasy world, and that's probably a trailer park."-andycain to the great John W on TOL

whitestone

I still think that the (not-so) big "mystery" is simply the Baptism of the Gentiles apart from the Jews, through whom Christ came...

Arsenios

As we've seen many times in this thread this same word used as mystery, kept secret,kept hidden ect. appears over and over. This word http://biblehub.com/greek/3466.htm is first brought up by Jesus stating "given to you to know the mysteries/mystery of the kingdom of God".

It is used 28 times across the New Testament scriptures http://biblehub.com/greek/strongs_3466.htm. in the Old Testament a comparable word is used in Danial 2 http://biblehub.com/hebrew/7328.htm but other than that it was not.

I point this out because of what is taking place in Acts 10,11 with Peter,that is long before the 10 or so years before acts 10 the "mystery/mysteries" of the kingdom were already given to Peter and the others. So in chapters 10-11 of Acts what was revealed that he had not already been given?

Now on the other hand the word "doubt" is used twice in these verses (Acts 10:17,Acts 10:20) http://biblehub.com/greek/1252.htm I say this because Peter himself states (Acts 11;17) "WHAT WAS I,THAT I COULD WITHSTAND GOD",,,so if he in Matt.13:11,Mark 4:11,Luke 8:10 has already been given to know the mysteries of the kingdom,,,then he already knew the secret,but was struggling in his mind with it.

john w

Hall of Fame
Just cut to the chase.

Yes or no?

“walking in the Spirit… And we show the love of God to all…. Yes I disregard you as a flake based on your insults.”-andycain

andycain's demonstration of "walking in the Spirit," "the love of God," no "insults:"

"He lives in his own fantasy world, and that's probably a trailer park."-andycain to the great John W on TOL

Drum role...

oscars-2013.jpg

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
“walking in the Spirit… And we show the love of God to all…. Yes I disregard you as a flake based on your insults.”-andycain

andycain's demonstration of "walking in the Spirit," "the love of God," no "insults:"

Drum role...

oscars-2013.jpg

what's wrong with a trailer park ? i own one. the whole park. i do not manage it, too scary - :patrol:

Levolor

It only there was a spoiler alert, this page would be the regular size.

Everybody would be able to read it easily.

IMJerusha

It only there was a spoiler alert, this page would be the regular size.

Everybody would be able to read it easily.

:chuckle: This page appears to be the regular size. Maybe I shrunk?! I'm just pickin' on ya, Sis! ;) Huh, I must be feeling better.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Temp Banned
Just cut to the chase.

Yes or no?
Better to say what you truly feel in your heart, rather than sugarcoat or lie about it.

Or, just be like Nang and create a double standard where it's OK for her to do it to others, but not OK for others to do it to her.

andyc

Better to say what you truly feel in your heart, rather than sugarcoat or lie about it.

Or, just be like Nang and create a double standard where it's OK for her to do it to others, but not OK for others to do it to her.

You wouldn't mind me calling you a demon and wolf?

IMJerusha

Tell me, why is giving in to HaSatan better than being obedient to God? No, there's nothing right about casting division and slander. Christianity isn't supposed to be like the Nike motto, "Just do it!"

Status
Not open for further replies.