ECT The core of the argument between Christians and MAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenios

Where?
Act 9:43 KJV And it came to pass, that he tarried many days in Joppa with one Simon a tanner.

Act 10:1 KJV There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,

Yes... This Cornelius was sent by God to Joppa to see Peter DURING those 'many days'... I mean, it could not have been before or after, because he would then not have been there...

It does not say many years, but many days, which I should think would mean up to a year or so max, wouldn't it? And especially as the narrative kept moving right along through the events...

Arsenios

Right Divider

Body part
Yes... This Cornelius was sent by God to Joppa to see Peter DURING those 'many days'... I mean, it could not have been before or after, because he would then not have been there...

It does not say many years, but many days, which I should think would mean up to a year or so max, wouldn't it? And especially as the narrative kept moving right along through the events...

Arsenios
So it does not say 'DURING those many days' in Acts 10:1. You were just embellishing. I understand now.

What difference does it make how many days it was?

Arsenios

Please show me my "transgression", oh wise one.

Here is one:

Your "theology" is completely messed-up.
Either learn something here or leave.

And this very post another, bolded above, where you mock the poster (me, in this case) rather than seek genuinely to find out if you had done so...

And in your enemies' list of the lost...

I do not need, for myself, to go back and show you all your posts where you have been disrespectful to your opponents... It won't help in any case... If you need more, I can go back a few pages and dig you out some more, but what is the point? For you, it is just your normal way of posting to people who are clueless in your eyes... They are, in your eyes, not yet worthy of your respect and esteem and love, because they do not yet accept the truth which YOU HAVE...

Arsenios

Arsenios

So it does not say 'DURING those many days' in Acts 10:1. You were just embellishing. I understand now.

Well, I thought I showed that it was not possible for it to be any other time than DURING those many days...

What difference does it make how many days it was?

I am not sure, but you had mentioned that is was some 9 years, if I remember right, between those two chapters, and I was just reading them differently... So you would be better able than I am to know what difference it might make... All I did was show that your 9 year separation of times was not in the text...

And again, in your post, you wrote this:

You were just embellishing...
I understand now...

This is called a sneer tactic in arguing, and it assaults the integrity of the person toward whom it is directed... And I must say that I have seen thousands of these on TOL by MAD adherents, and have never seen even so many as ONE of them confessed and apologized for... I do not expect you to do so... It is almost as if to do so would violate some CODE of CONDUCT unwritten but real operating here...

In very Christian terms, it would involve a person humbling themselves, as God instructs us to be doing... And this is what demons cannot do, or even successfully imitate doing, when they are directing behavior... And I have yet to see a MAD adherent humble himself or herself on this forum regarding the sneer tactics they use here...

Arsenios

Right Divider

Body part
How is telling someone that their theology is messed-up a personal "attack". From your perspective, you can't tell anyone anything because that would be a personal attack.

And in your enemies' list of the lost...
Arsenios, you have a problem with LYING. Firstly, that list is NEITHER a list of enemies NOT a list of the lost. As a frequent LIAR, you have made BOTH of those ideas up in YOUR head.

Right Divider

Body part
I am not sure, but you had mentioned that is was some 9 years, if I remember right, between those two chapters, and I was just reading them differently... So you would be better able than I am to know what difference it might make... All I did was show that your 9 year separation of times was not in the text...
No, ACTUALLY Nick M said that.

You have some serious issues with keeping facts straight.

And again, in your post, you wrote this:

You were just embellishing...
I understand now...

This is called a sneer tactic in arguing, and it assaults the integrity of the person toward whom it is directed... And I must say that I have seen thousands of these on TOL by MAD adherents, and have never seen even so many as ONE of them confessed and apologized for... I do not expect you to do so... It is almost as if to do so would violate some CODE of CONDUCT unwritten but real operating here...

In very Christian terms, it would involve a person humbling themselves, as God instructs us to be doing... And this is what demons cannot do, or even successfully imitate doing, when they are directing behavior... And I have yet to see a MAD adherent humble himself or herself on this forum regarding the sneer tactics they use here...

Arsenios
I've seem your many pompous posts and your pushing your superior understanding of Greek on others, so don't get so high and mighty about others comments that you think are not humble enough.

Go back and review your "Hitlers list" comment and get back to me.

You're one of the biggest hypocrites here.

Arsenios

How is telling someone that their theology is messed-up a personal "attack". From your perspective, you can't tell anyone anything because that would be a personal attack.

I have been showing you in this very conversation... It is one thing to say, for instance, that you think a person's understanding of a theological matter is messed up, and it is quite another to say that they are personally messed up...

You demonstrate this in your next sentence:

Arsenios, you have a problem with LYING.

Now God knows that I am a liar and worse, so that such an accusation would be very beneficial were it to be accompanied by your helping me with identifying the LIE that I am TELLING...

Firstly, that list is NEITHER a list of enemies NOT a list of the lost.

Well, your term is "the very confused" and "the Christ deniers", so that while you may DENY that it is an enemies list of the lost, I do not think you will claim FRIENDSHIP with any of them, nor will you extol any of them as being SAVED...

As a frequent LIAR,

And here you are back on your bicycle of committing personal assault of the integrity of the person with whom you are having a conversation, and proving what I have been showing you all along...

you have made BOTH of those ideas up in YOUR head.

Well, if this were true, then you would have to claim that this is a list of your FRIENDS who are the SAVED, rather than your MARKING OUT of those who need to be attacked and destroyed [as enemies of the saved]... You DID admit that you WERE marking them out with your list, and claimed it to be Biblical, do you remember?

And for the life of me, whenever you talk about marking out the enemies of God with your list, I cannot get the image out of my head of dogs in the never-cleaned up back yard stepping over their own filth to MARK OUT THEIR TERRITORY... It is a visual that utterly plagues me... Could you help me out with THAT?

Arsenios

Last edited:

Nang

TOL Subscriber

I've seem your many pompous posts and your pushing your superior understanding of Greek on others, so don't get so high and mighty about others comments that you think are not humble enough.

Isaiah 5:20

elohiym

I cannot defend myself against this anecdote, because you provide no source, and I do not remember ever using that term for Elohim's wife.

I don't either, at least not the "1piece" comment. Though, it does sound like another poster's style. :think: In the past, you and I exchanged some sharp comments as we came to know each other better over the years. I recall there was a comment in the chatbox once, but don't recall you using that name; and it seemed to me it was at least partly in jest.

Elohim, if I did say anything like the above, in jest, please forgive me. You know I am happy about your family and the health of your wife and children.

Yes, I know. Thank you. I don't hold grudges, so if there was something you did that I needed to forgive, I let that go long ago.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Which fact does not address, and evades addressing, the MAD POLICY here of using personal assaults via insults as its accepted method of arguing theology...

That POLICY creates an atmosphere in which it is very hard NOT to respond in kind, and one response, (or 10, makes no difference) is for you enough to condemn the responder equally with the provoker in a very provocative environment engineered by MAD policy-makers for this site...

And it is ongoing, with Nick and RD as we are posting now... Without MAD rebuke of them...

Arsenios
It's ongoing with you and Nang as well.
Why are you trying to limit it to MADist when ya'll do it too?

Arsenios

I do seem to get you an Nick merged together in my old brain... Then the point was for Nick and not you - Please forgive me for my poor memory and my confusion... I am sorry for the mistake...

And picking it back up, I would suggest you ask Nick why the 9 year interval was important... I was just noting a textual discrepancy in the assertion...

The Greek text is always the default when a textual issue arises, so all I do then is give it a VERY literal rendering so that the person who does not read Greek can see for themselves what the text actually has written in it...

I can say it is a wonder to me how a person can claim to have a "Bible Based" theology and NOT know at least the rudiments of the Greek Bible...

I am a survivor of 10 years of being personally abused as an adult, and I can tell you this: Abusive people controllers USE assaultive verbal behaviors such as you are using here, and as Hitler and every other dictator and sociopath uses to impose his will on another person involuntarily...

And they ALL BLAME THE VICTIM...

Even child molesters blame their victims...

And every one of them is a GREAT ACCUSER...

So here I am, BACK TO YOU...

And I don't blink...

And I don't look away...

And I am looking AT YOU...

The good news is that you can still

"REPENT AND BE BAPTIZED

FOR THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN

IS AT HAND!"

God bless you, Brother...

Will you please pray for me?

Arsenios

Arsenios

I don't either, at least not the "1piece" comment. Though, it does sound like another poster's style. :think: In the past, you and I exchanged some sharp comments as we came to know each other better over the years. I recall there was a comment in the chatbox once, but don't recall you using that name; and it seemed to me it was at least partly in jest.

Yes, I know. Thank you. I don't hold grudges, so if there was something you did that I needed to forgive, I let that go long ago.

:up: :up: :up:

Another accusation skidding off the runway and into the snow!

Arsenios

Arsenios

And still, not one MAD word of confession, contrition, apology, for demonstrated wrongs they have committed...

Nary a one...

THERE is the culture here...

A culture of bullies...

Bullies who run away when confronted...

The culture of the United States of America

Is RED, WHITE and BLUE...

THESE colors DO NOT RUN...

You can kill them where they stand...

And they WILL NOT RUN...

I do not know for how long...

We are getting old and will soon be put in the ground...

And I do not like what I am seeing here...

A mob of bullies is a mob of cowards...

And the truth is not in them...

Arsenios

Nang

TOL Subscriber
And still, not one MAD word of confession, contrition, apology, for demonstrated wrongs they have committed...

Nary a one...

THERE is the culture here...

A culture of bullies...

Bullies who run away when confronted...

The culture of the United States of America

Is RED, WHITE and BLUE...

THESE colors DO NOT RUN...

You can kill them where they stand...

And they WILL NOT RUN...

I do not know for how long...

We are getting old and will soon be put in the ground...

And I do not like what I am seeing here...

A mob of bullies is a mob of cowards...

And the truth is not in them...

Arsenios

Yep, what I said and also say . . .

(Thank you for not "running;" especially during those ten years in the past. I respect you for your courage and integrity.)

john w

Hall of Fame
You are a Mod. If it "disappoints" you, why do you go along with all the cursing and judging of the eternal fate of others, constantly declared by MAD?

Vs.

"MADists reject the Gospel of Jesus Christ in its entirety; therefore, they fall into the camp of unbelievers left in their unbelief."-wolf-ette Nag

Actress.

Status
Not open for further replies.