The cigar lounge

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey... that would be fun! Check this out.

:thumb: I think that is so very important. There is nothing like getting to the roots and origins of a thing to make you appreciate it fully. What a great experience that would be!

Now to convince the wife....:think:

:D

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The only cigar I've ever spoked was a couple of puffs off of one of those things glued to an It's A Girl! wreath. I think that's why I've never tried one since. :chuckle:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The only cigar I've ever spoked was a couple of puffs off of one of those things glued to an It's A Girl! wreath. I think that's why I've never tried one since. :chuckle:
:chuckle:

I think a cheap cigar might quickly ruin ones enthusiasm for the hobby. Cigar smoking is only fun if the cigar is man made and of a very high quality. You need to be around some other enthusiasts and have a good paring such as french pressed coffee, port wine, or fine brandy. A White Russian will also go good with a cigar.

Then you need to take it very slowly, there is no need to be constantly puffing on the cigar. A good cigar smoking session might take an hour and a half. And it's most fun if you are at a cigar lounge with dark leather lounge chairs or at some other location where you will not be bothered by outside distractions such as telephones, computers, etc.

But smoking cigars is only half the fun. The search for good deals, the visiting walk-in humidors, the packaging, the smelling of the unsmoked cigars, the overall experience is just as fun as actually smoking them.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This may be a stupid question(s), but are

1. Cuban cigars still illegal to import to this country, and

2. are they still the most desirable?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This may be a stupid question(s), but are

1. Cuban cigars still illegal to import to this country
Yep... still illegal.

2. are they still the most desirable?
Most cigar smokers will tell you that Cuba no longer has the corner on the market for the best quality cigars. Nicaragua, Honduras, the Dominican Republic all make amazing cigars (although most of the best cigar manufacturers use tobacco seeds originally taken from Cuba). I like cigars from Nicaragua.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Look what just arrived at my house!
43a5ec6c-c585-82a9.jpg

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame

You win the thread.

LOL

I used to buy Macanudos with a green wrapper, those were good, cant remember what they were called. Also remember a "Punch" brand. If I went in a store and looked I'd probably remember the ones I liked. Been a long time since I ever bought them close to regularly. and for VC, I probably like a pipe equally. Used to do that when I was playing mountain man.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
From what wood is it made?
It's a mahogany veneer on the outside and inside it's lined with Spanish cedar which is the important part.

It wasn't super expensive but it seems really nice. Can't wait to get it all seasoned and get some cigars in there!

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Yep... still illegal.

Most cigar smokers will tell you that Cuba no longer has the corner on the market for the best quality cigars. Nicaragua, Honduras, the Dominican Republic all make amazing cigars (although most of the best cigar manufacturers use tobacco seeds originally taken from Cuba). I like cigars from Nicaragua.

My bro and a friend and I were on a scuba trip in Cozumel maybe seven years ago. We got cuban cigars. They were good and all, but I didnt really think they were superior to what I liked. Who knows though, we didnt really know what to pick, just went by what the sales dude told us.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
My bro and a friend and I were on a scuba trip in Cozumel maybe seven years ago. We got cuban cigars. They were good and all, but I didnt really think they were superior to what I liked. Who knows though, we didnt really know what to pick, just went by what the sales dude told us.
I'm curious to try a cuban just to see. I bought one on a trip I recently went on when I was in Mexico, but I was too chicken to try and sneak it past customs so I left it in my room. :chicken: :madmad:

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
I'm curious to try a cuban just to see. I bought one on a trip I recently went on when I was in Mexico, but I was too chicken to try and sneak it past customs so I left it in my room. :chicken: :madmad:

LOL, I never would have tried to sneak one back, I'm totally chicken that way too. :) We smoked them down there.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

You mean you have no desire to visit a Mexican prison? :noid:

:chuckle:

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/prodDisp.asp?item=DS-PDA&cat=79
http://www.famous-smoke.com/brand/parodi+cigars
Best cigar of all time!!! I began smoking them because I was a back packer. Intense smoke is the best insect repellent. But I soon realized ( even tho I was young and stupid) that females hate cigar smokers. I now smoke a pipe. However, sometimes I indulge in a Parodi. Outside of course. My wife has given me the largest smoking room known to man! Bless her heart!:doh:
Squeeze a parodi and there is no give. Solid as a rock!

Taste is obviously subjective. There is no objective way to say that chocolate tastes better than vanilla or the other way around. However, to be honest, now as a pipe smoker, I let my pipe tobacco dry out. Even tho on the package it brags about how moist it is.
I have had Cuban cigars. My Dad's side of the family is Canadian. When I graduated from university my uncle gave me many Cuban cigars (they can escape the embargo very easily). I still prefer my parodis.