ECT The Bible Reveals Jesus is GOD

keypurr

Just a quick response to one who refuses to accept clear Scripture on this matter:

Jesus, in His humility, simply said what should be totally obvious to everyone.
But, alas, 'tis not ... To the Muslims, I have pointed out:
Jesus (God) in His earthly body
could not possibly be in the same league as
Father God in heaven.

There are, I believe, 8 NT verses about who was/is the Creator.
About half say Jesus created all things.
About half say Father God created all things through Jesus.
So, all 8 NT verses proclaim that Jesus did the creating.
'Tis no problem because Jesus was/is God.
But, there definitely is a problem ...
if one believes "the doctrines of men" OVER the Scriptures!
His/her only solution is to claim that the Scriptures have been altered.

Jesus was man born to God and Mary. He is the Lamb, or sacrifice of God. God can not die, at least mine can not. It was the SPIRIT that was IN Jesus that the Father used to create everything.

Your in a church box. To find truth get out of it.

keypurr

KEYPURR BELIEVES THAT JESUS WAS A CREATED BEING.

According to the Bible he is Wrong.

I thought he was BORN.

Everything BORN is a creation friend.

The spirit in him was FIRSTBORN of all CREATURES/Creation.
Col 1:15

Jesus was a created man nd the spirit in him is the express image of the Father, every image is also a creation.

Truster

God will be born on the earth as a Son
Old Testament … Isaiah 7:14, Isaiah 9:6
New Testament … Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35, John 1:14, 1 Timothy 3:16

Father God and Jesus Christ both have the same names/titles
Lord ------------ Genesis 17:1 - Luke 2:11, etc.
Lord of hosts --- Malachi 2:14 - see Zechariah 14:16
Lord of glory --- Psalm 24:10 -- 1 Corinthians 2:8
Savior ---------- Isaiah 60:16 - Titus 2:13, etc.
Redeemer -------- Isaiah 49:26 - Galatians 3:13
I AM ------------ Exodus 3:14 -- John 8:24, etc.
Rock ------------ Isaiah 44:8 -- 1 Corinthians 10:4
King ------------ Psalm 74:12 -- Revelation 19:16
First and Last -- Isaiah 44:6 -- Rev.2:8, Rev.22:13
Alpha and Omega - See Rev.21:6 - Rev.22:13
Beginning and End See Rev.21:6 - Rev.22:13
compare --------- Isaiah 45:23 - Philippians 2:10-11

Jesus claimed to be God
(Don't forget that humility was one His strong suits. Thanks.)
Matthew 4:7

Jesus claimed to be “I AM”
(which is God’s name “forever”: see Exodus 3:14-15)
John 4:26, John 8:24, John 8:28, John 8:58, John 13:19, John 18:6, John 18:8
In the original Greek, there is no “he” after “I AM” in any of the verses above.

And Jesus also hints that He is the great “I AM”:
John 6:35, John 6:51, John 8:12, John 10:7, John 10:11, John 11:25, John 14:6, John 15:1

Jesus was the exact image of Father God
2 Corinthians 4:4, Hebrews 1:3, Philippians 2:6, Colossians 1:15,
Colossians 1:19, Colossians 2:9, John 14:9, 1 Timothy 3:16

Jesus claimed equality with Father God
John 5:18, John 5:23, John 10:30, John 10:33, John 10:36,
John 10:38, John 14:9, John 17:22, John 20:28-29<-----

Others claimed Jesus was God, or equal to Father God
John 1:1-2 (see Rev.19:13), John 14:11, John 20:28, Acts 7:59, Romans 9:5,
Philippians 2:10-11, Titus 2:13, Hebrews 1:8-13, 1 John 5:20, Jude 4

Jesus was the Creator of all things
John 1:3, John 1:10, Acts 3:15, 1 Corinthians 8:6, Ephesians 3:9,
Colossians 1:16, Hebrews 1:2, Hebrews 1:8-11

Jesus is the Sustainer of all things now
Colossians 1:17, Hebrews 1:3

Jesus had total power and authority over everything and everybody
Matthew 4:24, Matthew 8:16, Matthew 8:26, Luke 4:40-41, etc.

Jesus is the Giver of eternal life
John 4:14, John 5:21, John 6:27, John 10:27-28, John 11:25,
John 14:6, John 17:2, Hebrews 5:9, 1 John 1:1-2, 1 John 5:20

Many people called Jesus “the Son of God”
The Jews taught that “Son of God” and “Messiah” signified equality with God:
John 1:41, John 4:25, Matthew 26:63. Also see Matthew 16:16 and John 20:31.
Therefore, the Jews taught Messiah = Christ = Son of God
Also see Matthew 27:43, Luke 22:70, Matthew 14:33,
Mark 1:1, Luke 4:41, John 1:34, Acts 8:37, Hebrews 4:14

The Father reveals the Deity of the Son. Not the scriptures and not flesh and blood:

''And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Messiah, the Son of the living Elohim.

And Yah Shua answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven''.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you believe in the virgin birth?

Yes.

Luk 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.
Luk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
Luk 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
Luk 1:34 Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?
Luk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

We do not have to add to what is said. It is quite clear.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
https://youtu.be/o9K0RCnIuks

Jesus was the Father of Adam.

Jesus was the LORD God of the Old Testament

and came to Reveal the Father.

No.

Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 2:32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

LA

iamaberean

Keypurr knows that there is a Trinity doctrine but like you does not believe in it. That is why you are both confused but by different deceiving spirits.

Again, I believe you are the one confused. I will translate the following.

Deu 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Translation:Lend me an ear Israel; Jehovah our God is one Jehovah:

The true Jew will tell you this "there are many gods but only one Jehovah God".

When the trinity doctrine is explained, they will go to Gen 1, but you see 'LORD God' is not mentioned in Gen 1

I have always been taught that we worship the same God as the Jews? How about you?

andyc

The reason why there is so much confusion regarding trinity doctrine is because people do not realize the two ways that God has relates to man.

In the old testament, and particularly under the old covenant, God related to man according to man's physical being. The law was meant to contrast the nature of man with the nature of God. Those who still think in this way in how they try to relate to God, still see the contrast between God and man. And so when they look at the man "Jesus", the contrast between God and man tells them that the man Jesus is precisely just that - a man.

However, the new covenant is all about the removal of the contrast, where God and man become one. One in Spirit. Those who can't grasp this, can't grasp the trinity.

Under the new covenant we inherit the nature of God. We have his righteousness, his immortality, his love, and we inherit his kingdom.
However, all of this is what we're told in scripture, it's not evident in the natural. We have to by faith see ourselves from God's eternal perspective, and there we also see Jesus' eternal nature. Not as someone adopted, but who is the eternal Son by merit.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why do you guys keep arguing over what is not important? Jesus is what he is. Whatever you call it is irrelevant; it won't change it. You can call it trinity, you can call it fried tomatoes or you can call it sonship. You can call it divinity or you can call it paraetiological hypertranslationalism. It just doesn't matter what you call it or what you say you believe it to be.

It matters who you believe in, not what you believe in. For I know whom I have believed. To know Jesus is to be known by him. Do you think he cares whether you have five toes or 6? He cares about whether you love him and trust him. In the same way, don't be diverted into endless arguments about whether Jesus has 5 toes or 6. It doesn't matter.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Does the one who says that Christ was only a man know whom they have believed in? or is it a different Christ they have believed in?

I could have endless debates with people on the internet over whether you are a man or a woman. But if I am kind to you and give you reps and support what you say or defend you from aggressive people then it doesn't really matter whether I think you are a woman or a man does it? If I think you are a man and I am wrong, would it matter to you? We've all been there. I am a man but I have had people think I am a woman on the internet. And I have done the same thing with others.

It doesn't matter, does it?

ZacharyB

Does the one who says that Christ was only a man know whom they have believed in?
or is it a different Christ they have believed in?
You've seen this before ... so why not use it?

John 8:24
"Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins;
for if you do not believe that I AM, you will die in your sins."

Sorry, one will need to go to a Greek Lexicon to see
... there is no "He" after "I AM" in the original Greek!

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It matters who you believe in, not what you believe in. For I know whom I have believed.

Not so. If you do not believe in his work at the cross, if you don't hold fast to Paul's gospel that he died for our sin, then you will perish.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not so. If you do not believe in his work at the cross, if you don't hold fast to Paul's gospel that he died for our sin, then you will perish.

Sure. But that is not the same as wondering whether Jesus is God or not. If Totten Linnet had wanted everyone to know she was a woman, she can make it very clear to us. (Actually she has made it clear, but I of course only used her as an illustration.) But, like most internet posters, our sex doesn't have much of an effect on our interactions. In the same way, if God had felt it important to specify whether Jesus was or was not God, then I feel sure he both would and could have done so. If you trust a person, you take them for both who they are and who they will be, including all their past and future actions. So by taking Jesus for who he is - by trusting in him - you automatically accept what he did for us on the cross. Even if you have never heard of what he did. (Which was true for me.)

Ruth's dedication to Naomi is a type of this (and a beautiful one) 'Wherever you go, I will go and there I'll be buried, your people are mine, your God is my God.' This is how we take Jesus. Ruth honoured Naomi, presumably because she was a kind and loyal person and mother-in-law to Ruth and what she had seen of her was enough to convince Ruth to dedicate her life to her.

I am not arguing that we should all go off and believe anything we like. Only that what is important is our living relationship with Jesus.

Last edited: