The “no difference” theory is dead: Same sex parenting

IMJerusha

don't forget the father

I'm not. It's just that a lot of the fathers aren't even aware. Of those that are, a lot of them push for abortion while some of them push for adoption. Some push for marriage and a few push for parental rights. It doesn't help when many pregnancy centers refuse to even allow discussion of adoption. It's an option that is basically poo-pooed.

IMJerusha

you must be good at semantics

That's not fair, Chrys. The real parent isn't always the biological parent and many adoptees find that out the hard way, though I don't blame them for looking. I probably would too. The fact is, in regard to the OP, no adoptee will ever find two males or two females as their biological parents because God didn't plan it that way and I know you agree with that.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
That's not fair, Chrys. The real parent isn't always the biological parent and many adoptees find that out the hard way, though I don't blame them for looking. I probably would too. The fact is, in regard to the OP, no adoptee will ever find two males or two females as their biological parents because God didn't plan it that way and I know you agree with that.

ask the children what is fair

IMJerusha

so how do we keep mommy and daddy together?

It's not a question of keeping mommy and daddy together. It's a question of keeping ones hands to oneself until after marriage and accepting the fact that God abhors homosexuality because it's abberant from His plan. It's a question of understanding God's intention for mankind.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
It's not a question of keeping mommy and daddy together. It's a question of keeping ones hands to oneself until after marriage and accepting the fact that God abhors homosexuality.

it is a question
it is my question
it is the most important question of every child
and
it deserves an answer

WizardofOz

I think its clear that I prefer traditional marriage and parenting. I don't know what effects this study will have. I wondered how others would view it.

I am not sure why certain posters dump on you simply because you have a different opinion. You've been polite and honest about your views and they attack you like spoiled children.

Maybe I'm getting too old...

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
so how do we keep mommy and daddy together?

provide tax breaks to married couples
provide tax exemptions for children
give the mother who normally stays home the social security of the father when he dies

make marriage sacred
make marriage a life commitment
make protection of the children the purpose of marriage

go after those who abandon their children

just for starters

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
We do those already.

give the mother who normally stays home the social security of the father when he dies
Something more than survivor benefits?

make marriage sacred
How? I mean if it isn't to the participants how can anyone do that for them?

Horrible idea if you mean to impose it by law.

Horrible idea in general. It attacks the value of a marriage between people who either don't want (for any number of reasons that are none of our busines) or can't have (ditto) children. We don't have to devalue one thing to value another.

We do in my state. Deadbeat dads should be held accountable.

GFR7

make marriage sacred

just for starters
Good plan. :thumb:

GFR7

Do you think that if you had a daughter and she married a deceiver who then took to beating her half to death she should remain married to him for the rest of her life?
Of course not. Not all marriages end for serious reasons: My 2 sisters dumped perfectly decent, kind, educated men so they could take up with hooligans half their age.

PureX

We do that.
We do that.
We do that.
make marriage sacred
What does that mean? How do you propose we do this?
How do you propose we do that, realistically, and by what right?
Children are already protected, regardless of marriage laws.
Go after them, how? We already make them pay child support.