The “no difference” theory is dead: Same sex parenting

quip

BANNED
Banned
Well, man needs God for existence itself, so I don't think that has legs....
Though that declaration is, at best, faith-based speculation and belies the possibility that, at the start, God is no more than a humanly contrived projection.

As such, God would indeed be contingent upon man.

....but it does lead to an interesting question. If God is perfect it goes for some that He cannot need anything, being complete. But if love in perfection is a thing that gives and does, how could He be complete in the manifestation of His nature, which love would appear to compel, without an object upon which move?

Better question, is what you've abstrusely set out here merely the very product reflecting back upon itself?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Though that declaration is, at best, faith-based speculation and belies the possibility that, at the start, God is no more than a humanly contrived projection.
It's a contextual declaration, to be sure. :)

As such, God would indeed be contingent upon man.
Well, the moment you say God is contingent you're really saying there is no God, only a little more interestingly.

Better question, is what you've abstrusely set out here merely the very product reflecting back upon itself?
A curious charge given the immediate preceding and this reduce to that same contextual declaration that defines our different approach to existence. :eek:

IMJerusha

I did, the answer is both. If there was no man, there would be no godly rumination....the "stones" ruminate not nor hold any capacity to do so.

And yet the Son of God said they do.

"Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Him, 'Teacher, rebuke Your disciples.' But Jesus answered, 'I tell you, if these become silent, the stones will cry out!' " Luke 19:39-40

Your lack of faith is your reality, not mine.

IMJerusha

I understand the matter of sacrifice as a component of imperfect human love, but why is there a necessity of sacrifice as an aspect of the expressed perfect love within the confines of the Trinity?

AMR

I can't believe you're asking this question. It is because God commands it and is worthy of it. Do you think that Yeshua isn't still obedient to the Father despite the fact that the Father has given Him all authority in heaven and on earth? Don't answer that, it's rhetorical.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
in order to make same sex parenting work
children must be abandoned by their parents
we have all seen the movie where adopted children search for their real parents
so
why not address the reasons why these children were adopted
we might find stressing the importance of marriage would encourage mommy and daddy to stay together for the sake of the child
we might show the purpose of marriage is to protect the child

just ask the children
if
you want to know whether or not mommy and daddy should stay together

quip

BANNED
Banned
It's a contextual declaration, to be sure. :)

ok

Well, the moment you say God is contingent you're really saying there is no God, only a little more interestingly.

Well no, not necessarily...just not one compatible with your presupposed notions thereof.

A curious charge given the immediate preceding and this reduce to that same contextual declaration that defines our different approach to existence. :eek:

As you didn't set out any answer to the question.... I suppose it's still laid out as a curious inquiry .....more so than a charge. ;)

Sitamun

so
why not address the reasons why these children were adopted
we might find stressing the importance of marriage would encourage mommy and daddy to stay together for the sake of the child
we might show the purpose of marriage is to protect the child

just ask the children
if
you want to know whether or not mommy and daddy should stay together
Referring to adopted children as abandoned is really dumb. It shows you have no clue about how hard the decision is on the birth mothers. Also, you make quite the blanket statement about these parents without knowing a single fact about even one situation in which a child was given up for adoption.

quip

BANNED
Banned
And yet the Son of God said they do.

"Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Him, 'Teacher, rebuke Your disciples.' But Jesus answered, 'I tell you, if these become silent, the stones will cry out!' " Luke 19:39-40

And, the only way to God is through the spurious instruction of man...who, incidentally, are ascribed to the above.

Your lack of faith is your reality, not mine.

Of course....while I could claim the opposite tack....and I do! :e4e:

IMJerusha

And, the only way to God is through (limited, sinful) man...who, incidentally, ascribed the above.

The only way to God is through Yeshua who was/is anything but limited or sinful. "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

Of course....while I could claim the opposite tack....and I do! :e4e:

And that's your choice. :)...which doesn't diminish God in the least other than the fact that He loves you and wants you and you are denying Him your self which, in the long run, is denying yourself.

Quincy

Actually, the accuracy of a statistical study depends on how the study is done; not so much on the number of participants.

What about the quality of the participants? You have to establish what normal parents are, not ideal parents like you've seen on TV shows but normal, real-life parents in order to have a control for comparison's sake. There are no perfect parents, so I don't think there is a valid control for these kind of studies.

IMJerusha

Referring to adopted children as abandoned is really dumb. It shows you have no clue about how hard the decision is on the birth mothers. Also, you make quite the blanket statement about these parents without knowing a single fact about even one situation in which a child was given up for adoption.

Oh wait, not every birth mother finds the decision to adopt out hard. Not every birth mother finds the decision to abandon or throw away their child hard. That being said, not every child submitted for adoption is abandoned and should not consider themselves as such. There are plenty of instances in which birth mothers, not in a position to care for their babies, do the unselfish thing.

quip

BANNED
Banned
The only way to God is through Yeshua who was/is anything but limited or sinful. "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

While it was very human hands who guided you to Yeshua.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Oh wait, not every birth mother finds the decision to adopt hard. Not every birth mother finds the decision hard to abandon or throw away their child. That being said, you are correct in that not every child submitted for adoption is abandoned and should not consider themselves as such. There are plenty of instances in which birth mothers, not in a position to care for their babies, do the unselfish thing.

don't forget the father

TracerBullet

And here is where you position falls apart. Not all children who are adopted were "abandoned" by their biological parents

you mean biological parents, not "real" parents. A real parent is the one who changes diapers, one who stays up all night with a sick child, one who gets them to school every day, one that worries about grades and bullies and vaccinations, one who listens to endless chatter about a first crush and one whos heart breaks when that first crush ends.

That is what makes a real parent, and donating a bit of genetic material doesn't

IMJerusha

While it was very human hands who guided you to Yeshua.

My parents raised me in the the faith, that is true but I have news for you. Head knowledge is not the same thing as heart knowledge and one is not enough. It wasn't human hands who guided me to Yeshua. It was my choice to accept and submit to the leadership of the Ruach and that came many, many years after my education. Trust me, I was every bit the person you are prior to that moment.

quip

BANNED
Banned
My parents raised me in the the faith, that is true but I have news for you. Head knowledge is not the same thing as heart knowledge and one is not enough. It wasn't human hands who guided me to Yeshua. It was my choice to accept and submit to the leadership of the Ruach and that came many, many years after my education. Trust me, I was every bit the person you are prior to that moment.

I said nothing of acceptance...rather, you were guided toward your religion as effectively as you were your native language...it's simply unavoidable.