Stand for the Second Amendment

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Right, I have seen her school, and you haven't.
It will keep out a school shooter.

It wouldn't keep out an armed force with machine guns and rocket propelled grenades, or tanks and military personnel with grappling hooks, but it will keep out a school shooter. And there are two cops from the PD stationed at the entrance checking backpacks etc. There are armed roving guards around the perimeter, as well. I'm sure you'd be surprised at the number of schools who have already made this a priority. Her Junior High was the same way. No open campus either.

But, of course, no one knows anything but you. I get it.

Typical know it all liberal. :kookoo:

So because the NRA is able to convince the right that any attempt to put rational controls on guns and weapons is commie plot AND politicians are not willing to spend money on mental health issues, your granddaughter gets to be imprisoned to go to school. Armed guards, fencing, etc. Only thing it seems to be lacking are roving German Shepherds or Rotties.

Last edited:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
These children deserve a better chance than that......... it's all about pro-life, you know.

Indeed they do ... since pro-life is suppose to be about protecting ALL innocent life. It makes no sense to advocate to protect the life of the unborn and then in the next breath shrug at the idea of following through with the next steps. Health, safety, welfare, education. These children whose mother's gave the gift of life seem to be politically disposal to the NRA and Extreme Right ideology.

eider

Ah, so you think you're "more polite", is that the claim?

I find your fake politeness more offensive than just plain talk.

So, I'll say again, don't call me "love", you bleeding hypocrite.

There you go...... Nothing of any value to debate with, so you try and turn it all into a personal row.

No chance, sweetie!!!! :)

glorydaz

Indeed they do ... since pro-life is suppose to be about protecting ALL innocent life. It makes no sense to advocate to protect the life of the unborn and then in the next breath shrug at the idea of following through with the next steps. Health, safety, welfare, education. These children whose mother's gave the gift of life seem to be politically disposal to the NRA and Extreme Right ideology.

Nonsense. I advocate protecting them in their schools. They are more worthy than the money you keep in your bank.

Millions of abortions, and you scoff. :nono:

glorydaz

So because the NRA is able to convince the right that any attempt to put rational controls on guns and weapons is commie plot AND politicians are not willing to spend money on mental health issues, your granddaughter gets to be imprisoned to go to school. Armed guards, fencing, etc. Only thing it seems to be lacking are roving German Shepherds or Rotties.

No, we could pretend, like you libs do, that the world would be heaven if all the guns were gone.

Put your blinders on as you ignore babies being ripped from their mothers wombs.

Hypocrites.....ya gotta shake your heads over such nonsense.

Danoh

That the lack of some sort of better gun control is part of the problem is very evident in homes where due to too lax a gun control in said homes, a child accidentally ends up with a gun in its hands and worse.

Happens all the time.

Should said family not have the same right to bear arms after such a tragic event that it had had prior to it?

No. Not right off. Not with the same freedom they'd had prior to such an incident.

Just as in other areas of life where a person given a right (to drive; to drink; etc.) abuses that right.

At which point, some measure of a "control" and even some form of education, is legally forced on the offender for such and such period of time, for the good of society.

But the gun control issue is sort of like the physical spouse abuse issue - only after the spouse is physically abused, or worse, can Law Enforcement intervene.

It is like that, and is handled in a similar manner.

The irony is that Law Enforcement agencies have long proven the great success of psychological testing of individuals (who apply for work in Law Enforcement), as a deterrent of wackos ending up in Law Enforcement.

Is their psychological testing of an individual before handing them a gun fool-proof?

No.

Law Enforcement does end up with its share of wackos.

But obviously that testing does bring that possibility down drastically.

The issue is not an easy one to solve for.

For at the same time, we do have a right to bear arms; to protect ourselves and our loved ones against a fool unable or unwilling to practice...balanced gun use control.

The issue is neither the extreme that are black or white: rather, it is grey.

Last edited:

chair

In some of these cases, the shooter took the guns from somebody else. Like his father, for example. In my country (Israel), if you have a gun at home- you keep it locked up. It is your responsibility, and there are legal penalties for failing to do so. What is unreasonable about this?

eider

No, we could pretend, like you libs do, that the world would be heaven if all the guns were gone.

Put your blinders on as you ignore babies being ripped from their mothers wombs.

Hypocrites.....ya gotta shake your heads over such nonsense.

There you go again, mumbling on about all the guns being gone.
Which part of common sense gun controls do you not understand?
And it won't just be your feared libs that make this all happen.

chair

This is Identity Politics on acid.
If you are conservative, then anything that is somehow linked to "liberals" is wrong. No need to think. And liberals want to kill babies too- let's not forget that. That comes out of conservative intersectionality or something like that.

Everyone should take a deep breath, and actually think through the important issues, one at a time.

eider

This is Identity Politics on acid.
If you are conservative, then anything that is somehow linked to "liberals" is wrong. No need to think. And liberals want to kill babies too- let's not forget that. That comes out of conservative intersectionality or something like that.

Everyone should take a deep breath, and actually think through the important issues, one at a time.

:D
Fair enough......
In the UK we do hear that some Republicans are now pushing for positive policies to control guns and even ban some semi-auto fast-fire actions.
But the extremists seem to be in brain-lock-down and can't get free of the continuous rounds of rhetoric, such as 'we need to be able to defend our townships from marauding bandits', 'defend my family', 'kill charging cougars', 'give an inch and they'll take it all', etc etc....... which is sad.

The crazy 'thing' is, I can't think of a positive reason for civilians to possess semi-automatic fast-fire rifles at all........ Back in the day I shot a semi-auto in Olympic competition, the only competition that I ever heard of that used semi-auto rifles, but several years later this competition was adjusted to suit special air-rifles, so not even that can count now.

Some folks are wracking their brains to think of any reason (other than paranoid ones) to possess such weapons.

Fear is hanging on to assault rifles. :(

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
:D
Fair enough......
In the UK we do hear that some Republicans are now pushing for positive policies to control guns and even ban some semi-auto fast-fire actions.
But the extremists seem to be in brain-lock-down and can't get free of the continuous rounds of rhetoric, such as 'we need to be able to defend our townships from marauding bandits', 'defend my family', 'kill charging cougars', 'give an inch and they'll take it all', etc etc....... which is sad.

The crazy 'thing' is, I can't think of a positive reason for civilians to possess semi-automatic fast-fire rifles at all........ Back in the day I shot a semi-auto in Olympic competition, the only competition that I ever heard of that used semi-auto rifles, but several years later this competition was adjusted to suit special air-rifles, so not even that can count now.

Some folks are wracking their brains to think of any reason (other than paranoid ones) to possess such weapons.

Fear is hanging on to assault rifles. :(

Surely, you can't be that naive. The Lefts ultimate goal is, 'Gun confiscation.' It starts with the so-called 'Assault weapons,' then...

chair

Back in the day I shot a semi-auto in Olympic competition...

I was under the impression that sharpshooting was best done with completely manual rifles. Am I mistaken?

I've used a number of automatic weapons, but only in the military. And much of what what I used is now outdated. I don't understand why anybody would want or need such things in civilian life. Even in the urban jungle that the US has apparently become.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

You're either, naive or you're fibbing? You choose which better describes, YOU.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
In some of these cases, the shooter took the guns from somebody else. Like his father, for example. In my country (Israel), if you have a gun at home- you keep it locked up. It is your responsibility, and there are legal penalties for failing to do so. What is unreasonable about this?
Nothing, which is why it's only opposed by extremists, who did not reason themselves into their position and so cannot be reasoned from it.

glorydaz

Get off your talking points. They were stupid the first time, and they aren't improving. :rotfl:

glorydaz

Do armed guards at your airports have to go unlock their guns before they can be used?

Should armed guards at schools have to go get a gun out of a locked box before they can confront a shooter?

If your house is broken into, would you want to go unlock a gun safe before you were able to defend your family?

If you leave your guns unattended at your home, I can understand having a secure gun safe, but "reasonable" is a broad term.

chair

Do armed guards at your airports have to go unlock their guns before they can be used?

Should armed guards at schools have to go get a gun out of a locked box before they can confront a shooter?

If your house is broken into, would you want to go unlock a gun safe before you were able to defend your family?

If you leave your guns unattended at your home, I can understand having a secure gun safe, but "reasonable" is a broad term.

The law I mentioned regards unattended guns. So I gather that you think it is reasonable
to require people having secure gun safes for unattended guns. Correct?

eider

Surely, you can't be that naive. The Lefts ultimate goal is, 'Gun confiscation.' It starts with the so-called 'Assault weapons,' then...

Who told you that?
Leftist.... Rightist....... you only have one answer for everything, it seems.

Where I live, the landowners benefited from gun controls of the late 60's, for instance, all rights to carry a gun and shoot on tidal foreshores were taken from common-rightsofway and handed to the adjacent land owners. So when you crank the 'Leftists are bad' handle it just makes me sigh...... really.

Gun control needs rightist ( :D ) support or children and teachers are going to be mass murdered on a regular basis......... so maybe the leftists could blame the rightists for this dreadful crazy situation where folks can obtain fast-fire semi-auto rifles and go killing children? And don't forget the average of 80 deaths per day that are caused, every day, by guns.

eider

I was under the impression that sharpshooting was best done with completely manual rifles. Am I mistaken?

I've used a number of automatic weapons, but only in the military. And much of what what I used is now outdated. I don't understand why anybody would want or need such things in civilian life. Even in the urban jungle that the US has apparently become.

Indeed! :D
The Olympic competition of Running-Boar of crossing targets at 15 and 25 mph with semi-automatic rifles was changed to a short range air-rifle competition in the 80s.

The most consistent and accurate rifles tend to be bolt, martini or underlever rifles, or they were when I shot full-bore competition. Even the small-bore competitions used martini or bolt action rifles.

eider

You're either, naive or you're fibbing? You choose which better describes, YOU.

Wait and see.......... support for better gun controls is growing throughout all sectors of US society, we hear.
Who would complain against Public Liability all risks gun insurance for all? Who? Only the irresponsible...
Who would complain against mandatory gun safes and their consistent use? ...only the irresponsible....
Who would complain against mental health reviews for all gun licence applicants? .... only the irresponsible...
Who would complain against tighter criminal record reviews for all gun licence applicants? .......... only the irresponsible...
Who would complain against a compulsory Health&Safety course for all gun licence applicants?............only the irresponsible...
Who would complain against the installation of full perimeter security fencing, high security egress-only only emergency exits, main-gate access control and a professional security presence at all US schools, paid for with tax dollars? ....... only the irresponsible...

And many would support an outright ban on Semi-Automatic rifles.

The Republicans and GOP supporters are coming round in greater numbers about all this, and its not a Leftist, Communist, Marxist plot......... only political paranoids would think that. They might benefit from seeing their doctor for some kind of medication, maybe?