St. Louis Cardinals - Cardinal Country

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Actually, saint john w, I'm fond of the late 1970s when everyone in my town had rooftop antennas and only 3 channels.

We were lucky to get the game of the week on Saturday afternoon on NBC and Monday Night Baseball on ABC.

:Clete:

yep, early - mid 80s -

one of the creators of that 70s show, Rob Deshotel, went to my HS - Mehlville. rumor has it, he got some creative ideas from a circle street in my old sub-division. everybody referred to it as "the circle" and knew where it was without saying. Ironside Ct. 63128 - infamous from 78-88.

i was never there, of course, but i heard all about it - :patrol:

View attachment 19825

SaulToPaul 2

yep, early - mid 80s -

one of the creators of that 70s show, Rob Deshotel, went to my HS - Mehlville. rumor has it, he got some creative ideas from a circle street in my old sub-division. everybody referred to it as "the circle" and knew where it was without saying. Ironside Ct. 63128 - infamous from 78-88.

i was never there, of course, but i heard all about it - :patrol:

View attachment 19825

I love that show, takes me back to a simpler time, when I was in grade school.

StanJ

we had satellite starting in mid-late 80s, and i would surf different baseball and hockey games nationwide; all channels and premium also. basically every channel out there. the dish would move every time you switch satellites. even then, there were about 20+, i think. each with up to 20? channels. it was too much, i could never settle on one thing because i thought i was missing something else. no dvr, remember.

you are from canada, so i'll give you a break on the BJ's -

sloppy lately, but the Cardinals won Sunday ! - :patrol:

Well I could get MLB from my Cable provider, but it would be expensive for me and I get ALL Blue Jays games on Rogers Sportsnet, who own the Blue Jays, so not biggie.

Back to back world series winners are fairly rare and my Blue Jays are in that list at #14. :)

http://sportslistoftheday.com/2012/10/08/mlb-back-to-back-world-series-winners-and-dynasties/

john w

Hall of Fame
Actually, saint john w, I'm fond of the late 1970s when everyone in my town had rooftop antennas and only 3 channels.

We were lucky to get the game of the week on Saturday afternoon on NBC and Monday Night Baseball on ABC.

:Clete:

And I bet your source for sports information, was "Dick Enberg's Sports Challenge," Mayor!:

b649c669b73cbdc1161acd039c15b3fa.jpg

StanJ

Former athletes were the contestants. It was quite cheesy," with no audience, i.e., fake applause track.....

LOL...this would explain why I didn't watch a lot of TV in them days.
Spent more time smoking pot and listening to my music.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Did anyone else watch the Baseball Bunch in the early 80s?
Hosted by Johnny Bench, the Great.

i vaguely remember that. how bout the cards on or in cereal boxes, some 3D and some you had to cut out. in the mid-late 70s i would spend all my allowance on packs of baseball cards. i hated the spoiled kids that got cases at a time -

SaulToPaul 2

i vaguely remember that. how bout the cards on or in cereal boxes, some 3D and some you had to cut out. in the mid-late 70s i would spend all my allowance on packs of baseball cards. i hated the spoiled kids that got cases at a time -

I, too, spent all my money on cards...walking the railroad tracks for two miles to the nearest store to get them. :luigi:

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes, like patrick jane the great, I believe Roger Courtney owned one of them big satellite dishes.
He liked to watch golf matches and learn how to "raise" his golf score.

Roger had a compelsion complex to raise his bowling and golf score.