St. Louis Cardinals - Cardinal Country

Mocking You

Nagorata said:
A spirit will come upon you or a member of your family
and possess them and torment and curse them till it
causes them to die by some way or another.

You mean like how the spirit of vodka has come upon you?

Q. What's the difference between Nagorata and a mailman?
A. The mailman knows how to post.

Q. What is stupid, evil, and ugly and goes round-and-round?
A. Nagorata in a revolving door.

john w

Hall of Fame
Q. How do you keep St. Louis Cardinals out of your yard?
A. Install home plate in it.

Q. What does a St. Louis Cardinal fan do after his team wins the World Series?
A. Turns off his Playstation.

You could employ those with any team! My Twins "tru-isms" are exclusive to them, For eg.,:

You're a Twins fan, if you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 18 inches of ice, and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by.

Mocking You

You could employ those with any team! My Twins "tru-isms" are exclusive to them, For eg.,:

You're a Twins fan, if you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through 18 inches of ice, and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by.

Ah, I see.

Q. Why are Minnesota Twins' jokes getting lamer and lamer?
A. Because John insists on personalizing them.

Q. Why was the grass replaced in Busch Stadium?
A. Because not even the grass will root for the Cardinals.

john w

Hall of Fame
Ah, I see.

Q. Why are Minnesota Twins' jokes getting lamer and lamer?
A. Because John insists on personalizing them.

Q. Why was the grass replaced in Busch Stadium?
A. Because not even the grass will root for the Cardinals.

O yeah? Try this "right cross:"

"Whereas I suppose it's warm enough to golf in October in St. Louis."- the Sant Louis taunter "Mocking You"

Yes, Minnesota has golf courses, that can be played 6 weeks/year. But you warn others not to hit the water hazards, as it spooks the fish.

"Down goes Frazier(Mocking You)....Down goes Frazier....Down goes Frazier!"

Mocking You

Q. If a pop-up is hit between the mound and home plate, who catches it--Wainwright or Molina?
A. Neither, this is the World Series, ya know.

Q. What kind of new shoes did Pete Kozma buy?
A. Error Jordans

Q. What does a piece of lint on a sweater and Kolton Wong have in common?
A. They both get picked off.

Mocking You

Q. Why do the Cardinals consider Madison Bumgarner to be like a bong without water?
A. Because whenever they play with either one, they don't get any hits.

[John, gotta go, it's been a blast.]

john w

Hall of Fame
Q: What song do Minnesota Twins fans(loosely employed) sing before the bottom of the ninth inning, in a June game?
A: Nobody knows. All the fans have left by then, due to 35 degree weather, and a blow-out by the 4th inning.

Q: What's the difference between dirt, and the Minnesota Twins?
A: Nothing...they both always get swept.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Q: What song do Minnesota Twins fans(loosely employed) sing before the bottom of the ninth inning, in a June game?
A: Nobody knows. All the fans have left by then, due to 35 degree weather, and a blow-out by the 4th inning.

Q: What's the difference between dirt, and the Minnesota Twins?
A: Nothing...they both always get swept.

have you had a fishbowl at Rigazzi's ? -

john w

Hall of Fame
saint john w the great, the Bruce Sutter of TOL, closing down threads with impeccable logic

"I stay on topic..."

My "nick"(Like "Barney" was a "nick" for Bernard, which happened to be Mrs. Lisch's late husband's name also) is "The Closer" and/or "The Exterminator." I'm also referred to as "The Rembrandt Artist," as I paint the corner on all threads, backing the wolves/ette's into the corner, as they howl........

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
My "nick"(Like "Barney" was a "nick" for Bernard, which happened to be Mrs. Lisch's late husband's name also) is "The Closer" and/or "The Exterminator." I'm also referred to as "The Rembrandt Artist," as I paint the corner on all threads, backing the wolves/ette's into the corner, as they howl........

i love it when you sneak in a few eephus (ephus) pitches. like Satchel and Rip Sewell. Tewks threw a few too -

wikipedia -

Bill "Spaceman" Lee threw an eephus referred to as the "Leephus," "spaceball," or "moon ball."[11] Pitching for the Boston Red Sox in Game 7 of the 1975 World Series, the Red Sox were up 3–0 when Lee threw three eephus pitches to Tony Pérez with a runner on base. The third resulted in a towering two-run home run and the Red Sox would go on to lose the game 4–3, costing them the chance for their first World Series championship since 1918.[2]

Other pitchers known to have employed the Eephus pitch include: Pedro Borbón,[12] Yu Darvish,[13]Casey Fossum (called the Fossum Flip[14]), Steve Hamilton of the New York Yankees (the folly floater);[15] Liván Hernández, Phil Niekro;[16] Orlando Hernández, Dave LaRoche (LaLob), Vicente Padilla (dubbed the soap bubble by Vin Scully),[12][17] Satchel Paige,[18] Pascual Perez (the Pascual Pitch), Kazuhito Tadano,[19] Bob Tewksbury, [20] Carlos Villanueva[21] and Alfredo Simón.[22] - wikipedia -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
i love it when you sneak in a few eephus (ephus) pitches. like Satchel and Rip Sewell. Tewks threw a few too -

wikipedia -

Bill "Spaceman" Lee threw an eephus referred to as the "Leephus," "spaceball," or "moon ball."[11] Pitching for the Boston Red Sox in Game 7 of the 1975 World Series, the Red Sox were up 3–0 when Lee threw three eephus pitches to Tony Pérez with a runner on base. The third resulted in a towering two-run home run and the Red Sox would go on to lose the game 4–3, costing them the chance for their first World Series championship since 1918.[2]

Other pitchers known to have employed the Eephus pitch include: Pedro Borbón,[12] Yu Darvish,[13]Casey Fossum (called the Fossum Flip[14]), Steve Hamilton of the New York Yankees (the folly floater);[15] Liván Hernández, Phil Niekro;[16] Orlando Hernández, Dave LaRoche (LaLob), Vicente Padilla (dubbed the soap bubble by Vin Scully),[12][17] Satchel Paige,[18] Pascual Perez (the Pascual Pitch), Kazuhito Tadano,[19] Bob Tewksbury, [20] Carlos Villanueva[21] and Alfredo Simón.[22] - wikipedia -

View attachment 19818

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Bill "Spaceman" Lee threw an eephus referred to as the "Leephus," "spaceball," or "moon ball."[11] Pitching for the Boston Red Sox in Game 7 of the 1975 World Series, the Red Sox were up 3–0 when Lee threw three eephus pitches to Tony Pérez with a runner on base.

I remember it.

In 1975 I was actually rooting for the Red Sox because the Reds had beat my Pirates in the NLCS.

In 1975 I hated the Big Red Machine.

1975 WS Gm7: Perez crushes a two-run blast to left

StanJ

I'm so sick and tired of the major networks only broadcasting Yankees and Red Sox games.

Watched a Jays game this morning and three others today...two of which had the Red Sox and Yankees in them. Just watched Texas beat up the Red Sox (Chi Chi pitched) and now Yankees and A's.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I'm so sick and tired of the major networks only broadcasting Yankees and Red Sox games.

Watched a Jays game this morning and three others today...two of which had the Red Sox and Yankees in them. Just watched Texas beat up the Red Sox (Chi Chi pitched) and now Yankees and A's.

we had satellite starting in mid-late 80s, and i would surf different baseball and hockey games nationwide; all channels and premium also. basically every channel out there. the dish would move every time you switch satellites. even then, there were about 20+, i think. each with up to 20? channels. it was too much, i could never settle on one thing because i thought i was missing something else. no dvr, remember.

you are from canada, so i'll give you a break on the BJ's -

sloppy lately, but the Cardinals won Sunday ! - :patrol:

SaulToPaul 2

In my town in the early-mid 80s, we relied on cable tv superstations for baseball.

WTBS: Braves
WGN: Cubs
WWOR: Mets

:mock: American League

john w

Hall of Fame
In my town in the early-mid 80s, we relied on cable tv superstations for baseball.

WTBS: Braves
WGN: Cubs
WWOR: Mets

:mock: American League

Of course, your town just got microwave ovens in the late 1990's, and CD's at about the same time-and I don't mean "certificates of deposits." What's your hurry, in moving into the 21st century, Mayor?

SaulToPaul 2

Of course, your town just got microwave ovens in the late 1990's, and CD's at about the same time-and I don't mean "certificates of deposits." What's your hurry, in moving into the 21st century, Mayor?

Actually, saint john w, I'm fond of the late 1970s when everyone in my town had rooftop antennas and only 3 channels.

We were lucky to get the game of the week on Saturday afternoon on NBC and Monday Night Baseball on ABC.

:Clete: