Spammers wasteland

Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I believe every inspired by God word in the all scripture of the King James Bible I hold in my hands as I 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV whether or not I fully understand what I have read at that moment. I believe every word. I do not agree with mistranslation and misinterpretation of any of it.

How can you believe, what you omit or refuse to apply to yourself? How can you actually believe, if you do not understand, and how will you ever understand, if you will not search further into the original languages? How can you know if there is transliteration, bad translation, or misinterpretation of the scriptures, if you do not understand or search out the original inspired texts?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you a communicant member of a local fellowship?
Are you trying to dispute my plain words that I don't despise local fellowships?

By what definition are you using "communicant", "member", and "fellowship"?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Are you trying to dispute my plain words that I don't despise local fellowships?

Not at all. However, not despising local fellowships, does not necessarily mean you attend a local fellowship, and it would be nice if you clarified your statement a bit.

Well, I know MAD rejects the sacraments, so I was wondering if you are indeed a member in a local church, you would be required to take communion, and how you would deal with that.

musterion

Saw the reported post. Personally I don't mind the length...this is Spamland, after all...but it's exemplary of the continued lack of sharing the practical importance of the points he tries to make.

Example: his failure to explain (that I saw) exactly why not understanding "sin" according to this Greek word vs that Greek word is so important. THAT would at least foster some degree of actual discussion. Maybe. But unless I missed it, he didn't even bother.

But such practical explanations are never bothered with. All we get is THAT we are wrong and WHY we are technically wrong, but no clear explanation of WHY it matters or (more importantly) WHAT to do about it. It's all a flood of details with no practical application, no understandable explanation of why what is said to be wrong really IS wrong. There's no simple reasons given as to what difference accepting the offered correction should make, what it would even look like in a day to day life. You know...something actual teachers make the actual point of any lesson.

Teaching something simply and accurately are half the task but often isn't enough. A good teacher will also (without resorting to tricks and stunts) explain why it's RELEVANT to those who he wants to teach.

Put another way, "WHY do I need to know this?" from the student's POV. For the sake of "being taught"? Or for some practical, useful application that will actually help me live my life?

I'm still not seeing even the honest attempt at that anywhere here, which keeps everything he posts right where it started: a complete waste of time.

Spam.

SaulToPaul 2

How can you actually believe, if you do not understand, and how will you ever understand, if you will not search further into the original languages?

:chuckle:

Nang, by looking up a Greek word with google, can get a better understanding of the word than the KJB translators.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Saw the reported post. Personally I don't mind the length...this is Spamland, after all...but it's exemplary of the continued lack of sharing the practical importance of the points he tries to make.

Example: his failure to explain (that I saw) exactly why not understanding "sin" according to this Greek word vs that Greek word is so important. THAT would at least foster some degree of actual discussion. Maybe. But unless I missed it, he didn't even bother.

But such practical explanations are never bothered with. All we get is THAT we are wrong and WHY we are technically wrong, but no clear explanation of WHY it matters or (more importantly) WHAT to do about it. It's all a flood of details with no practical application, no understandable explanation of why what is said to be wrong really IS wrong. There's no simple reasons given as to what difference accepting the offered correction should make, what it would even look like in a day to day life. You know...something actual teachers make the actual point of any lesson.

Teaching something simply and accurately are half the task but often isn't enough. A good teacher will also (without resorting to tricks and stunts) explain why it's RELEVANT to those who he wants to teach.

Put another way, "WHY do I need to know this?" from the student's POV. For the sake of "being taught"? Or for some practical, useful application that will actually help me live my life?

I'm still not seeing even the honest attempt at that anywhere here, which keeps everything he posts right where it started: a complete waste of time.

Spam.

I guess you have missed reading all PPS has put forth, for I have seen his practical application and explanation of the difference between SIN and sins, several times.

When Christ was raised on the cross, He was made SIN. Noun. He took on the SIN condition that all men have inherited from Adam. He put to death that SIN condition, in order that His people could be restored to new spiritual life, and have the power (through faith) to crucify the law of sin that remains in their members; confessing any and all acts of sin (verb) that occur in a believer's lifetime.

Perhaps PPS could start a thread on this subject, for it is very important in order to understand repentance and/or any lack thereof in a person's life.

SaulToPaul 2

I guess you have missed reading all PPS has put forth, for I have seen his practical application and explanation of the difference between SIN and sins, several times.

When Christ was raised on the cross, He was made SIN. Noun. He took on the SIN condition that all men have inherited from Adam. He put to death that SIN condition, in order that His people could be restored to new spiritual life, and have the power (through faith) to crucify the law of sin that remains in their members; confessing any and all acts of sin (verb) that occur in a believer's lifetime.

Perhaps PPS could start a thread on this subject, for it is very important in order to understand repentance and/or any lack thereof in a person's life.

We are not idiots, we know the difference between nouns and verbs.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Not at all.
Sweet!
Then we both agree that PPS was wrong.

However, not despising local fellowships, does not necessarily mean you attend a local fellowship
Agreed.

, and it would be nice if you clarified your statement a bit.
The accusation was that I despise local fellowship.
I clarified that the accusation was false.

Nang said:
Well, I know MAD rejects the sacraments,
What is this list of sacraments that you think I reject?

so I was wondering if you are indeed a member in a local church, you would be required to take communion, and how you would deal with that.
I attend a few churches and do not limit myself to just one single congregation.
I drink the juice and eat the cracker when offered.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
We are not idiots, we know the difference between nouns and verbs.

Musterion was complaining that PPS never makes application of the distinctions between noun and verbs and I corrected, and said he has and maybe a thread should be started on the subject.

If such a thread began, would you join in, and share what you know about nouns and verbs and how such language tools can help us all better understand repentance? That would be really nice . . .

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I attend a few churches and do not limit myself to just one single congregation.
I drink the juice and eat the cracker when offered.

Thanks for the answer . . it was not too hard to post, was it? And it clarifies your position, well.

It does seem to go against your MAD friends, but they can always post, too, and explain why or why not they attend church and whether they also participate in the sacraments. . right?

Status
Not open for further replies.