Spammers wasteland

Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaulToPaul 2

MAD wackos believe that we have the liberty to do anything we want to religiously: we can do the Lord's Supper, we can baptize, we can be baptized, we can bow to a doll of "baby Jesus", we can shave our heads and keep the vow...you name it.

But we know that none of it amounts to a hill of beans. And we have the liberty to not do those things.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Musterion was complaining that PPS never makes application of the distinctions between noun and verbs and I corrected, and said he has and maybe a thread should be started on the subject.

If such a thread began, would you join in, and share what you know about nouns and verbs and how such language tools can help us all better understand repentance? That would be really nice . . .

They ought to have a sit-com about nouns and verbs.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thanks for the answer
You had the answer before you started asking other questions.

it was not too hard to post, was it?
It would not be hard for you to list the sacraments that you suppose I reject.
I'll wait.

And it clarifies your position, well.
My position was already clarified when I said I do not despise local fellowships.
PPS was wrong, again.

It does seem to go against your MAD friends,
Which of my MAD friends would that be, Nang?

but they can always post, too, and explain why or why not they attend church and whether they also participate in the sacraments. . right?
They can, but why would it be necessary for them to do so?
Being a member of a local congregation will not guarantee that they have the right understanding.
Having understanding is not predicated on whether one signs their name on a membership card of a local congregation.
So just what is it that you plan on asserting if one does not attend a local congregation?

john w

Hall of Fame
Not at all. However, not despising local fellowships, does not necessarily mean you attend a local fellowship, and it would be nice if you clarified your statement a bit.

Well, I know MAD rejects the sacraments, so I was wondering if you are indeed a member in a local church, you would be required to take communion, and how you would deal with that.

Yes, and we reject all of your satanic made up words/phrases, such as the above "sacraments," "The Covenant of Works...The Gospel of the New Covenant....The Covenant of Redemption............"

You obtained those terms from the "original languages," did you, Endora?

Let me guess: Bah..............

SaulToPaul 2

Yes, and we reject all of your satanic made up words/phrases, such as the above "sacraments," "The Covenant of Works...The Gospel of the New Covenant....The Covenant of Redemption............"

You obtained those terms from the "original languages," did you, Endora?

Let me guess: Bah..............

Oh sure, why don't you run for Mayor of Sacramento?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Though often unconscious collaborators with God's will, [human beings] can also enter deliberately into the divine plan by their actions, their prayers and their sufferings. They then fully become "God's fellow workers" and co-workers for his kingdom.
You will have to explain more of this teaching to me, for it is new to me.
The dichotomy is presented here, between unconsciousness and deliberation. The Church teaches that regardless, we are "collaborators with God's will," which is the same as saying that we are, as Luther said, like horses or beasts.

The Church does not strand us here though, which is unlike, I find, what Luther does in his Bondage of the Will; but the Church encourages us and points us toward our true freedom, which is through conscious, deliberate, intentional "co-working." This we can achieve, and fully mature, evolve even, into fully cognizant and thinking human beings.

With, of course, His grace.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Not me . . and I have never met a liberal Reformer. I have never met a Reformer that tolerates homosexuality in any form or practice. I have never read a post from a Reformer that said what you claim, Musty.

I've NEVER met a reformer that knew what they were talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.