Spammers wasteland

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We have no such preaching within an hour's drive. It seems that due to a shortage of LCMS pastors, some are colloquized and are not as doctrinally sound. In our small little town, 3 of the LCMS pastors did not study in Lutheran seminaries.

It wouldn't make a difference either way.
Yeah.
Paul didn't study in a Lutheran seminary either.

SaulToPaul 2

He's off consulting with his final authority which is not the word of God.

Yes, unfortunately, he is not the first genius to think he can glean special insights by looking up the Greek words. He'd be much better off just believing the English words.

john w

Hall of Fame
More drivel from the one who repented (metamellomai) instead of having repentance (metanoia), like Judas your close brother in deception and faithlessness.

Confirmed-the concession spam/speech, as the punk refuses to address his own "argument," with all his eggekashun, knows what the teenie bop acronym "LOL" means, but is clueless as to the meaning of the simple word "gospel," as he is bewildered, being another victim, of the great, humble legend, The Rifleman, the great saint John W, grinding his big, bad wolfie molars, as he reads this....

Take your seat, in the back row, devil boy........That's it....Way in the back, near the exit sign.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Was it Nang that accidentally revealed she's a leftist in favor of homosexual marriage, or was that another Reformed heavy hitter around here. Anyone recall? An amazing number of Reformed types are politically left.

Not me . . and I have never met a liberal Reformer. I have never met a Reformer that tolerates homosexuality in any form or practice. I have never read a post from a Reformer that said what you claim, Musty.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I believe the words on the pages of my King James Bible and how about that!

You believe them superstitiously.

No need for a so called scholar of a language I neither read, speak or study to determine the meaning of PLAIN ENGLISH![/quote]

Anyone who does not bother to investigate the original languages of Holy Scripture, do not love Holy Scriptures, nor do they hunger and thirst for Truth.

Learning more about the written words of God is to learn more about the Word (Logos) of God, Jesus Christ.

I believe every word of my King James Bible

Superstitiously.

Can people be saved without knowing "the Greek"?

Yes. But will regenerated Christians refuse to learn and grow by refusing to expose themselves to the original languages . . no.

Faith is not given to anyone and then they believe.

Wrong. Regeneration precedes faith and faith precedes active obedience. The dead sinner must first be brought to life and given new spiritual capacities (new heart, mind, eyes, and ears) to respond to the Gospel message. Spiritually dead people hear the Gospel all the time, and do not respond in faith, because they have never first been raised to new life by God.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Just like Nang, you call 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV a "false gospel".

I have never called I Cor. 15:1-4 a "false gospel." I call your chanting usage of it a mantra, but you are the one who is "false." Not the word of God.

That passage is indeed the Gospel that permeates all of Holy Scripture, from Genesis to Revelation. It is one mention of the one Gospel that is the very purpose of the written Word of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.