Should Children Be Executed If They've...

Arthur Brain

Insert "Capital Crime" here.

Following an exchange with "Judge Rightly" of which one of the salient parts can be found here:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-As-An-Adult&p=5274407&viewfull=1#post5274407

It seems as though certain people think that children as young as six (and possibly younger) should face the same sentences as fully grown adults.

How many others would echo the same?

I posit that it's sick beyond words but if anyone wants to justify the swift, painful and public execution of minors then here's the place to do it.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
It seems as though certain people think that children as young as six (and possibly younger) should face the same sentences as fully grown adults.

at what age should a child be held responsible for actions that he or she knows are wrong?

6?
8?
10?
12?
14?
16?
18?

ok doser

and....

At what age should a child know that it is wrong to kill?

1. 18, because that's when they become an adult.
2. Puberty, because that's when they become an adult
3. (your answer here)

if you choose 3, give a brief explanation for your answer

ok doser

I posit that it's sick beyond words ....

that's an emotional response

how about putting aside your emotions and answering my questions in posts 2 and 3 rationally?

prolly the same ones from the other thread :duh:

artie said:
if anyone wants to justify the swift, painful and public execution of minors then here's the place to do it.

why wasn't the other thread "the place to do it?"

:think:

or did you get removed from that thread?

glorydaz

at what age should a child be held responsible for actions that he or she knows are wrong?

6?
8?
10?
12?
14?
16?
18?

I say youth...not child. Scripture seems to support that.

At least 12-16 depending on the kid.

Psalm 144:12 Our sons in their youth will be like full-grown saplings, our daughters will be like sculptured pillars fit for the corner of a palace.

Zechariah 13:5 and instead, he will say, ‘I’m no prophet, I just work the soil; since my youth I’ve only wanted to be an ordinary man.’

2 Timothy 2:22 So, flee the passions of youth; and, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart, pursue righteousness, faithfulness, love and peace.​

Jerry Shugart

I posit that it's sick beyond words but if anyone wants to justify the swift, painful and public execution of minors then here's the place to do it.

Why don't you discuss the harm which the minor children of Kavanaugh suffered at the hands of the pig Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein when she attempted to smear their father?

I haven't seen even one Democrat who expressed any disgust which her actions!

Of course since the Democratic Party is the party of lawlessness they cheer on her dastardly deed--no matter who is harmed!

Arthur Brain

Why don't you discuss the harm which the minor children of Kavanaugh suffered at the hands of the pig Democratic Senator Dianne Feinstein when she attempted to smear their father?

I haven't seen even one Democrat who expressed any disgust which her actions!

Of course since the Democratic Party is the party of lawlessness they cheer on her dastardly deed--no matter who is harmed!

Why don't you stick to the topic of the thread? If you want to go on about "democrats" then there's plenty of your own for that. Do you think minors should be executed? If you're not going to answer on topic then why even bother responding to this thread?

:AMR:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Insert "Capital Crime" here.

Following an exchange with "Judge Rightly"

Hi there!

of which one of the salient parts can be found here:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-As-An-Adult&p=5274407&viewfull=1#post5274407

The real question is this:

Why do you, Arthur, think that criminals of any age should be able to escape the punishment for their crime just because they're "too young"?

Those who know right from wrong, of course.

I posit that it's sick beyond words

As Doser noted above, this is an appeal to emotion. In case you didn't know, that's a type of fallacious argument.

but if anyone wants to justify the swift, painful and public execution of minors then here's the place to do it.

Perhaps you should first attempt to justify your assertion that criminals should be able to escape punishment if they're below the age of [insert age here]...

Kit the Coyote

why shouldn't a seventeen year old who rapes, tortures and murders another human being be put to death?

how about a sixteen year old?

fifteen?

(you see where this is going, right?)

The current legal system has a process for dealing with this question. It, rightly so, involves experts evaluating the youth on a case by case basis to determine if they should be tried as an adult.

Arthur Brain

The real question is this:

Why do you, Arthur, think that criminals of any age should be able to escape the punishment for their crime just because they're "too young"?

For the same reason the law does. A six year old child lacks sufficient development to be convicted as an adult. By your "logic" a baby could be tried, convicted and executed if it threw some food on the floor, it's mother slipped, cracked her head and died. Who's to say the baby didn't mean to cause harm? If you think that's ridiculous then that's the absurdity that your own position lends itself to. If you don't find it ridiculous then you have a serious problem...

Those who know right from wrong, of course.

Don't seem to be too many all that keen to support the notion of six year old kids being put to death on here JR. Silence doesn't equate to assent and you really aren't in any position to consider yourself in the "right" on this. If you think God would be happy with six year old children being treat the same as fully developed adults and swiftly, publicly and painfully executed then you'd be in a heck of a minority among just Christians alone and with good reason.

As Doser noted above, this is an appeal to emotion. In case you didn't know, that's a type of fallacious argument.

Killing children is kinda the thing that brings out emotions and it's 'almost' unbelievable that someone actually thinks that toddlers can possibly be regarded as guilty in intent as an adult.

Perhaps you should first attempt to justify your assertion that criminals should be able to escape punishment if they're below the age of [insert age here]...

Simple, they're children. An example of just how twisted your position is can be described as follows. We have laws that protect children from abuse, right? If a 24 year old molests an ll year old then the child is deemed the victim and completely innocent no matter how they might say they were willing and the adult is the guilty party. As it should be, right? Unfortunately, under your proposals, if the child stated they were willing and insisted they'd given consent, then to be consistent you'd have to deem the child as an equally guilty party. See why we have laws that protect children and take into account their age and development now?

ok doser

By your "logic" ...

uh-oh

Tard alert!

Tard alert!

artie said:
...a baby could be tried, convicted and executed if it threw some food on the floor, it's mother slipped, cracked her head and died.

looks like we better go to Tard-Con 1 on this one!

artie said:
Who's to say the baby didn't mean to cause harm? If you think that's ridiculous....

not ridiculous

retarded

artie said:
...then that's the absurdity that your own position lends itself to.

only if you're retarded :idunno:

artie said:
Don't seem to be too many all that keen to support the notion of six year old kids being put to death on here JR.

what, you mean out of the hundreds and hundreds of people posting here every day? :chuckle:

artie said:
Killing children is kinda the thing that brings out emotions and it's 'almost' unbelievable that someone actually thinks that toddlers can possibly be regarded as guilty in intent as an adult.

:freak:

you think a six year old is a toddler?

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Do you think minors should be executed?
No. They're doing math with a bad calculator to begin with and I'm against the DP in general because we kill innocent people too often and there's no recourse for that.

That said, I wouldn't put a murderer on the street again. I might have a different prison for people who demonstrate genuine reform and regret, especially those who made their choice as younger people. But once you demonstrate the inability to reign in that impulse at any point in your life I think you have your citizenship card revoked in terms of personal freedom.

Kit the Coyote

No. They're doing math with a bad calculator to begin with and I'm against the DP in general because we kill innocent people too often and there's no recourse for that.

That said, I wouldn't put a murderer on the street again. I might have a different prison for people who demonstrate genuine reform and regret, especially those who made their choice as younger people. But once you demonstrate the inability to reign in that impulse at any point in your life I think you have your citizenship card revoked in terms of personal freedom.

I rather agree with the DP issue. As long as it is possible, no matter how unlikely, that an innocent could be executed before they can prove their innocence there is no preventative factor that the DP could provide that cannot be equally provided by life without parole. And given the costs necessary to provide a reasonable safeguard against executing innocents, it is cheaper too.

Arthur Brain

I think the "bad calculator" makes the point. A six year old doesn't have anything like the developed brain of an adult so how can it possibly be moral to judge one as such and wheel them off to the hangman/chair? It's just insidious.

In regards to the DP, then agreed and pretty much with regards to the rest although it's veering away from the child aspect. Still love "Red's" cynical speech at the parole hearing in Shawshank where he fully expects to get turned down again and is just bluntly honest about how he'd like to talk some sense into his younger self...

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I rather agree with the DP issue. As long as it is possible, no matter how unlikely, that an innocent could be executed before they can prove their innocence there is no preventative factor that the DP could provide that cannot be equally provided by life without parole. And given the costs necessary to provide a reasonable safeguard against executing innocents, it is cheaper too.

Wait, which do you think is cheaper? Death penalty or "life without parole"?

Kit the Coyote

Wait, which do you think is cheaper? Death penalty or "life without parole"?

When you provide reasonable safeguards to protect the innocent, history shows life without parole is considerably cheaper. In the state of Texas, for example, the cost of executing someone is three times the entire cost of keeping them in prison for life.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God said to execute capital criminals. We let too many guilty people go free, which has led to the crime epidemic.

Capital criminals should be executed upon conviction regardless of their age. That way, people will learn that murder is bad and it won't happen.

Or if it does, it will be shocking.

That's because you hate justice and have no idea what the law is or what it's for.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When you provide reasonable safeguards to protect the innocent, history shows life without parole is considerably cheaper. In the state of Texas, for example, the cost of executing someone is three times the entire cost of keeping them in prison for life.
:rotfl:

How much does a rock cost?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk