Shots fired at Texas Mohammed art exhibit

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
There are Christians and there are those who profess to be Christians yet do not adhere to Christian teachings.

Note that Saul was not a Christian and was having believers in Christ stoned and murdered. After conversion the Apostle Paul never advocated stoning nor any other sort of violent retaliation. You'll never find the Lord Jesus or any of the other Apostles doing that either.
Christian principles are not subject to change with regard to 'what is acceptable according to culture'.

Salami!

It has nothing to do with fortune.
It has everything to do with dogma.

Do you really believe that everyone who became a Christian did so by a blind leap of faith?
Your naivete is showing.

Excellent posts brother

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
They eradicated themselves when they brought the violence.
That's not answering my question directly. Should we, as Christians, should anyone as a law abiding citizen, intentionally attempt to incite the weak minded and emotionally stunted to violence?

You did not see the parents or loved ones of downed soldiers bringing violence agaist the Westboro Baptist Church nutters when they openly protested the funerals of these men now did you?
Not exactly on par, but no...though would anyone have been surprised if one of the family members had reacted violently to one degree or another? Saddened, yes, but surprised? I wouldn't.

These individuals made a conscious decision to react violently to something they found offensive and lost their lives in the process...their choice...period. You do not have the right to not be offended and as a lawyer you should know that.
I never said they did. Don't believe they do and wouldn't advance it as a rational argument. I'm more concerned with what we do and why.

I could not agree more...If you are offended by the actions of others ignore it or react violently to said offense and meet your peril...it is as simple as that.
You missed what followed my summary: "But is it reasonable in the first instance, noble, charitable or even particularly Christian to set up a circumstance by which the greatest likelihood of moving someone to violence is in play?"

I don't see how it can be.

These men committed suicide, and you can't feel sorry for stupid.
Sure you can. Christ had compassion for people in the act of murdering him. I'm only talking about not goading people with serious impulse control issues or idiotically radical contexts for social interaction into a violent frenzy.

shagster01

If you haven't noticed, Islamists are the religious zealots and they mean to make the whole world submit(Islam) to Sharia Law or off with your head. They cannot be reasoned with.

As opposed to the Christians on this board that want to murder, oops I mean "execute", homosexuals and drug users?

shagster01

? No, I don't think that everyone who became a Christian (or other religion) did so by a blind leap of faith. And I think there are plenty of folks who haven't ever even given it much thought at all.

Yep. Most are just following the popular religion of the region they live in or the one they grew up with.

There is a reason why certain religions tend to be more popular in certain geographical areas.

shagster01

All hail freedom of speech!

I'm all for free speech, but let me ask you. . . At night do you start yelling at the top of your lungs in your house simply because you have the right to do so, or do you remain quiet out of respect to those that are sleeping in the next room over?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
As opposed to the Christians on this board that want to murder, oops I mean "execute", homosexuals and drug users?

How many Christian Theocracies can you cite in the world that are actually implementing these types of executions?

How many Islamic Theocracies can be cited in the world which are right now carrying out these types of executions?

shagster01

How many Christian Theocracies can you cite in the world that are actually implementing these types of executions?

How many Islamic Theocracies can be cited in the world which are right now carrying out these types of executions?

Now? Very few Christian theocracies, if any. 500 years ago, several.

Islam is 500 years newer than Christianity, so they are right on par time-wise, aren't they?

I understand the Christians, "do as we say, not as we did," attitude here, but all religions go though their murdering phases, don't they?

shagster01

What does the 'geographical' area have to do with it?

Same thing it has to do with southern accents. You think people were born talking that way, some sort of accent gene or something? Nope. They just learned to talk like those in their geographical area.

Same with religion in large part.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Now? Very few Christian theocracies, if any. 500 years ago, several.

Islam is 500 years newer than Christianity, so they are right on par time-wise, aren't they?

I understand the Christians, "do as we say, not as we did," attitude here, but all religions go though their murdering phases, don't they?

True Christianity is defined by its teachings in the NT writings.
True Islam is defined by its teachings in the Koran and Hadith.

There is a huge difference in what is advocated from these sources.

Violent Jihad and Sharia Law come directly from the teachings of Islam and are patterned after the activities of its founder.

Can you see any difference between the teachings of Christ and His disciples, and the teachings of Mohammed and his followers?

So-called 'Christian murdering phases' are not in harmony with the teachings of Christ and His disciples. Show me in the NT where they advocated murder or anything close to it.

shagster01

Violent Jihad and Sharia Law come directly from the teachings of Islam and are patterned after the activities of its founder.

Can you see any difference between the teachings of Christ and His disciples, and the teachings of Mohammed and his followers?

So-called 'Christian murdering phases' are not in harmony with the teachings of Christ and His disciples. Show me in the NT where they advocated murder or anything close to it.

Have you read the entire Koran and studied it?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

And yet, Christians have been as savage to others (and to each other) as Muslims are to others (and to each other).

If you are inclined to evil, any ideology will do.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And yet, Christians have been as savage to others (and to each other) as Muslims are to others (and to each other).

If you are inclined to evil, any ideology will do.
I'd say that when political and religious power are identical it invites corruption and abuse. Part of Islam's problem is that it tends to insist on the linkage.

musterion

Borrowed, in order to extend leftist logic just a bit...

RECONSIDER.jpg