Shots fired at Texas Mohammed art exhibit

Tinark

Too much political correctness clouds the minds of liberals to get this concept Steko. Progressive liberals like any other appeaser think these Islamists/religious zealots can be reasoned with, and they cannot be further from the truth. At some point, probably when the enemy has attacked us at home they will get it but, not until the danger they are courting is glaring them straight in the face.

death-and-dollars.jpg

Tinark

How so? They are firmly entrenched in Europe & the United Kingdom, what makes you think that they cannot overtake either?

"Firmly entrenched", that doesn't mean what you think it means. You also seem to be confused on how a democracy works. There is not any threat now or in the future that any of these European countries will have 50%+ support for Sharia law at the ballot box.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame

Sorry but, your cartoon doesn't make your case. One has to watch the increments that have been made by Islamists. What data tells you they are going to stop making forward motion towards their goal? Just a hunch?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
"Firmly entrenched", that doesn't mean what you think it means. You also seem to be confused on how a democracy works. There is not any threat now or in the future that any of these European countries will have 50%+ support for Sharia law at the ballot box.

What makes you believe that they intend to impose their will by democracy?

Tinark

Sorry but, your cartoon doesn't make your case. One has to watch the increments that have been made by Islamists. What data tells you they are going to stop making forward motion towards their goal? Just a hunch?

How about the fact that deaths by terrorism in the past 10 years are down in Europe and the US compared to the prior 10 years?

How about the fact there is nothing close to a majority support for Sharia law, nor is there projected to be anything like that in any European country over the next 30-50+ years?

How about the fact that not even a majority of the current Muslim populations in these countries support implementation of Sharia law across the country as a whole?

What forward motion are you talking about?

Tinark

What makes you believe that they intend to impose their will by democracy?

Wow, so you think there will be a violent Islamist political revolution in a Western democratic country? You seem to have an overactive imagination fueled by fear. That is so implausible as to be effectively dismissed.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Wow, so you think there will be a violent Islamist political revolution in a Western democratic country? You seem to have an overactive imagination fueled by fear. That is so implausible as to be effectively dismissed.

Why not, with so many like you rolling out the red carpet?

Tinark

It don't matter.....they'll take your head anyway.

I'm far more worried about getting struck by lightning than having my head taken away. My worry about getting struck by lightning is also almost completely nonexistent. How about you, or are you falling for the irrational fear mongering?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Irrational xenophobic anti-immigrant fear mongering. Once again, you are being controlled by fear and it is making you look completely bonkers.

Nope. I lived in the Mediterranean and visited Africa. We're dealing with a mindset that is nearly impossible to sway.
Come to think of it I'm currently encountering something very similar.

I worked with an immigrant Mexican for four hours in my shop a few days ago and we got along very well.
Now...you look bonkers!

zoo22

Pamela Geller is a watchman on the wall saying, "Wake up America before it's too late."
When Sharia law shuts down all freedoms in this great land, people will be wishing for the days of Pamela Geller.

Wishing for the days of Pamela Gellar? Tell that to the 76 dead people Anders Breivik gunned down in his killing spree. He cited Geller and her twisted "Atlas Shrugs" blog as inspiration for his massacre in his "kill the liberals and immigrants" manifesto.

If you haven't noticed, Islamists are the religious zealots and they mean to make the whole world submit(Islam) to Sharia Law or off with your head. They cannot be reasoned with.

I notice a lot of religious zealots besides Islam. Fortunately, most aren't killing people, but frankly, it's obvious plenty of folks are chomping at the bit. Also, Muslim zealot or run-of-the-mill Bible thumper, I don't find that many religious folks are much interested in being reasoned with when it comes down to it. If you're convinced you know the true word of God, what's there to reason about?

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Wishing for the days of Pamela Gellar? Tell that to the 76 dead people Anders Breivik gunned down in his killing spree. He cited Geller and her twisted "Atlas Shrugs" blog as inspiration for his massacre in his "kill the liberals and immigrants" manifesto.

I notice a lot of religious zealots besides Islam. Fortunately, most aren't killing people, but frankly, it's obvious plenty of folks are chomping at the bit. Also, Muslim zealot or run-of-the-mill Bible thumper, I don't find that many religious folks can be reasoned with when it comes down to it.

It has nothing to do with fortune.
It has everything to do with dogma.

zoo22

It has nothing to do with fortune.
It has everything to do with dogma.

Baloney. It has to do with modernity. The reason Christians generally don't stone, hack and burn folks to death in the name of God any more is because it's become unacceptable in our modern culture.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Baloney. It has to do with modernity. The reason Christians generally don't stone, hack and burn folks to death in the name of God any more is because it's become unacceptable in our modern culture.

There are Christians and there are those who profess to be Christians yet do not adhere to Christian teachings.

Note that Saul was not a Christian and was having believers in Christ stoned and murdered. After conversion the Apostle Paul never advocated stoning nor any other sort of violent retaliation. You'll never find the Lord Jesus or any of the other Apostles doing that either.
Christian principles are not subject to change with regard to 'what is acceptable according to culture'.

Salami!

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
If you're convinced you know the true word of God, what's there to reason about?

Do you really believe that everyone who became a Christian did so by a blind leap of faith?
Your naivete is showing.

zoo22

Do you really believe that everyone who became a Christian did so by a blind leap of faith?
Your naivete is showing.

? No, I don't think that everyone who became a Christian (or other religion) did so by a blind leap of faith. And I think there are plenty of folks who haven't ever even given it much thought at all.