Votes: 15 45.5%
  • other (explain)

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters

Sozo

Originally posted by Mateo

Sozo,

Are you saying Billy Bod is not Jewish?

All I said is that you need to "get a clue". However, Paul clearly states that the Law proves that all men are under sin. Using the Law as a "tutor" is an important aspect of showing all men that they need a savior.

Get it?

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
:checks his pants:

"I am a follower of the Gospel of the Circumcised"

:regrets getting back into this discussion: :noid:

Mateo

":checks his pants:

"I am a follower of the Gospel of the Circumcised"

:regrets getting back into this discussion: "

So you're going to be coy too... golly, a guy can't have any fun around here.

Sozo

:chuckle:

Too late. You took the bait... might as well play it out. Is he not Jewish?

I understand your exigency for attention because of your exiguous existence. However, unless you choose to know the Christ of the bible, any attempt on my part to reveal even the minutest modicum of wisdom toward you is nugatory.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

"Not eveything in the old Testament is of the "law".

Oh, really? Exactly which part is not? (Before you answer heed Behira's advise and look the word up in the Hebrew)
Ok... so we are going off track aren't we?

But my curiosity is killing me....

Is any random sentence or explanation of what was happening in the Old Testament part of the law?

Or.....

Do you think the part of the Old Testament before the law was given to Abraham is part of the law??????? :confused:

Mateo

knight,

08451 hrwt towrah to-raw' or hrt torah to-raw'

from 03384; TWOT-910d; n f

AV-law 219; 219

1) law, direction, instruction
1a) instruction, direction (human or divine)
1a1) body of prophetic teaching
1a2) instruction in Messianic age
1a3) body of priestly direction or instruction
1a4) body of legal directives
1b) law
1b1) law of the burnt offering
1b2) of special law, codes of law
1c) custom, manner
1d) the Deuteronomic or Mosaic Law

One of the things we loose sight of as Americans is that the meaning of the word that is (for the most part) mistranslated as "law" also means instruction and prophetic teaching. In this respect every jot and title of the Bible is "Law" hence Jesus' remark.

The new testament, and in particular the writings of Paul build upon this earlier instruction and teaching... they do not replace or do away with them. The New Testament is essentially God's word 202, if I may be so bold.

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

knight,

08451 hrwt towrah to-raw' or hrt torah to-raw'

from 03384; TWOT-910d; n f

AV-law 219; 219

1) law, direction, instruction
1a) instruction, direction (human or divine)
1a1) body of prophetic teaching
1a2) instruction in Messianic age
1a3) body of priestly direction or instruction
1a4) body of legal directives
1b) law
1b1) law of the burnt offering
1b2) of special law, codes of law
1c) custom, manner
1d) the Deuteronomic or Mosaic Law

One of the things we loose sight of as Americans is that the meaning of the word that is (for the most part) mistranslated as "law" also means instruction and prophetic teaching. In this respect every jot and title of the Bible is "Law" hence Jesus' remark.

The new testament, and in particular the writings of Paul build upon this earlier instruction and teaching... they do not replace or do away with them. The New Testament is essentially God's word 202, if I may be so bold.
So then answer my question....

There was a time before the law was given to Abraham was that time of the law as well? :confused:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Turbo

You know what's fun? Imagining Barney's voice and demeanor as you read Knight's posts.
I love you, you love me, some are headed for hell eternally.

:D ;)

JoyfulRook

Before Abraham was the Covenant of Grace, Conscience, and (something else in the Garden that I forget :D ) Then Law, Then Grace again (here we are :D ) until GoD reactivates the Covenant of Circumcision. ( :cool: )

JoyfulRook

Originally posted by Poly

I love you, you love me, some are headed for hell eternally.

:D ;)

That's Good! I ilke the John Lennon spoof (to the tune of "Imagine all the people":
"Imagine all the Liberals, burning up in hell..." :D

But oh yah it is Fellowship Week.... :D

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Dread Helm

That's Good! I ilke the John Lennon spoof (to the tune of "Imagine all the people":
"Imagine all the Liberals, burning up in hell..." :D

But oh yah it is Fellowship Week.... :D
Oh yeah, what was I thinking? :D ;) :angel:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Lucky

:crackup:

Nice one!
Aww.. you're too kind.

Freak

Originally posted by Dread Helm

Before Abraham was the Covenant of Grace, Conscience, and (something else in the Garden that I forget :D ) Then Law, Then Grace again (here we are :D ) until GoD reactivates the Covenant of Circumcision. ( :cool: )
God reactivating the Covenant of Circumcision? Better get your Bible out and read this:

Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.

JoyfulRook

Originally posted by Freak

God reactivating the Covenant of Circumcision? Better get your Bible out and read this:

Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.

No, none can be rightous in the law. What about Moses and all those in the OT that walking in the sight of the LORD? Are they going to hell?

JoyfulRook

What I meant by reactivating the Circumcision is that the Tribulation is yet to come but we will not go through it be be Raptured from it before. (I know this is a pretty big debate and I'm just stating my position.)