Votes: 0 0.0%
  • God's wrath

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • other (explain)

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters

Berean Todd

Originally posted by Living4Him

I voted 'God's wrath' but I don't believe that thats all we are saved from. Guess I should have voted other:doh:

First I believe when God opens our eyes to the truth we are first saved from blindness of the truth. Or from our limited/wordly/fleshly thinking.

Second I believe we are saved from being Fatherless.

Third I believe we are saved from a hard heart.

Then from our own lust/ desires

Then from sin or the action we would take from our lust/desires

Then from the wrath that comes from the action of sin. Which also includes the Law. Because the Law is what shows us what sin is and therefore it is by that Law that God's wrath is stirred and our sins are stirred up all well.

I could write many other things that I believe the Lord saves us from when we come to Him. But I will stop..;)

:thumb: Good post!

I also voted "wrath", but would also give assent to most of what you said above there.

beanieboy

I agree with Prodigal.
Why would you want to spend eternity with someone whose wrath you have avoided?

It's like spending eternity with an abusive partner who decides you he's not going to beat. As for everyone else...
And you are going to laugh, and say, "See! Told you so!"

And that's how it sounds. Like God sits and holds you over a flame like a spider, and says, "Do you love me, or do I drop you? Bwah-hah-hah!"

I don't want to spend eternity with that kind of being.
I don't want to spend eternity delighted in others burning in hell.
Why would anyone gloat about another's eternal damnation?
Why would anyone suggest that one is going to hell, when their life is still a work of progress?
Paul used to kill Christians, but that changed, so if you are gong to say, "Please be patient with me, God is not through with me yet", you have to give others a little slack.

I said, "Other" because I have found that you are saved from the responsibility of realizing that you are human, that you can do evil to another, that you are fallible, that you will die one day.

And instead, you believe you are going to live forever in perfect bodies, and can look down others, and say, "You're going to hell! Well, y'are!" You can feel free to call people names, and think there is no consequence for it, and back it up with a book where you twist the verses to justify it. You can wish death upon people, and think you are doing good. You do a bad thing, but it wasn't you, it was the devil.

You are "saved" from being a good human being, basically.

The rest of us are taking the harder road.
We spend time helping one another, listening to someone who is hurting, feeding someone who is living on fumes, being with someone who is lonely, doing good for no reason other than it makes us feel good, and makes the world a better place to live. We spend time edifying one another.
We learn, and tell ourselves that true knowledge comes from knowing you don't know everything.

And if many "christians" are going to heaven, yelling at each other, judging each other (YOU aren't a REAL christian) and taunting the people cast in the lake of fire,

and people like me our going to hell, hell is going to be wonderful.

Sozo

Originally posted by beanieboy

I agree with Prodigal.
Why would you want to spend eternity with someone whose wrath you have avoided?

It's like spending eternity with an abusive partner who decides you he's not going to beat. As for everyone else...
And you are going to laugh, and say, "See! Told you so!"

And that's how it sounds. Like God sits and holds you over a flame like a spider, and says, "Do you love me, or do I drop you? Bwah-hah-hah!"

I don't want to spend eternity with that kind of being.
I don't want to spend eternity delighted in others burning in hell.
Why would anyone gloat about another's eternal damnation?
Why would anyone suggest that one is going to hell, when their life is still a work of progress?
Paul used to kill Christians, but that changed, so if you are gong to say, "Please be patient with me, God is not through with me yet", you have to give others a little slack.

I said, "Other" because I have found that you are saved from the responsibility of realizing that you are human, that you can do evil to another, that you are fallible, that you will die one day.

And instead, you believe you are going to live forever in perfect bodies, and can look down others, and say, "You're going to hell! Well, y'are!" You can feel free to call people names, and think there is no consequence for it, and back it up with a book where you twist the verses to justify it. You can wish death upon people, and think you are doing good. You do a bad thing, but it wasn't you, it was the devil.

You are "saved" from being a good human being, basically.

The rest of us are taking the harder road.
We spend time helping one another, listening to someone who is hurting, feeding someone who is living on fumes, being with someone who is lonely, doing good for no reason other than it makes us feel good, and makes the world a better place to live. We spend time edifying one another.
We learn, and tell ourselves that true knowledge comes from knowing you don't know everything.

And if many "christians" are going to heaven, yelling at each other, judging each other (YOU aren't a REAL christian) and taunting the people cast in the lake of fire,

and people like me our going to hell, hell is going to be wonderful.

Carefully reading beanieboy's signature line...

:think:

Are you deliberately saying these things, beanie?

servent101

Good posting beanieboy - I just hope you do not actually think the Bible actually says that - it just is the literalist or fundamentalist way of interpreting it - they all insist on not leaning on their own understanding - just let the chips fall where they may... Bible Idolatry.

It just is that there is actually a good message in the Bible, please don’t get too confused by the orthodox mindset, and what it does to people. PS did you catch my last post in Why I am not a Christian thread?

With Christ’s Love

Servent101

beanieboy

I was just following the tone of the thread, actually.

I see a lot of, "Look how great I am! I'm a christian, and you aren't, and I'm going to heaven, and you're not! So there! And one day you will burn, and I will laugh!"

It's really twisted.

Jesus leaves the 99 in search for 1 who is lost, not tells the lost sheep, "You're going to get eaten, and when you do, I will laugh!"
No. He goes and finds it, and returns it to the flock.
He has compassion. He cares.

I don't think one who is arrogant can enter the Kingdom of Heaven, and one who claims to be christian should know better.
And when I see someone who arrogantly thinks they have saved themselves, or acts as if they accomplished being saved, I laugh.
It's ridiculous.

beanieboy

Originally posted by Sozo

Are you still planning to be a faggot in hell?

You understand that your body stays here, right?
No one is married in heaven.
No one has sex in heaven.
You have spirits.

But I'm sure you'll still be as obsessed about it there as you are down here.

servent101

beanieboy
Jesus leaves the 99 in search for 1 who is lost, not tells the lost sheep,

In the book I am reading on Buddhism there is something about entering the stream - that this is the only comparable experience to what we will have as to what heaven is like. Entering the stream - when we decide to follow a true path after wandering after the desires of our false ego.

With Christ's Love

Servent101

cur_deus_homo

Originally posted by JosephofMessiah

salvation is so clear and so innocently simple
Yes it is. Strive after righteousness through keeping the law or strive after righteousness by having faith in the Righteous One, Jesus the Christ.

Sozo

You understand that your body stays here, right?
No one is married in heaven.
No one has sex in heaven.
You have spirits.

But I'm sure you'll still be as obsessed about it there as you are down here.

That's my point, beanie.

You don't have a clue about who we are here, nor there. You say we are spiritual beings, and then attempt to attribute physical characteristics and thoughts to those who are in hell and in heaven. Why would you think that anyone would obsess with anything relating to the flesh in heaven or hell?

If you are going to make "silly" claims, try using your "fleshly" brain to come to logical conclusions.

beanieboy

Obsession:
Compulsive preoccupation with a fixed idea or an unwanted feeling or emotion, often accompanied by symptoms of anxiety.

We are talking about "saved by what."
I make some commentary.

You bring up homosexuality, even though no one was talking about it.

I'm happy that I will be saved - from small c christians.

Last edited:

beanieboy

tolerant: showing respect for the rights or opinions or practices of others.

Sozo, I see that you brag about being intolerant.
And you think you are the Glory Train?

Isaiah 5:20
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

Sozo

tolerant: showing respect for the rights or opinions or practices of others.

Isaiah 5:20
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

God is intolerant, but YOU are tolerant. That makes YOU anti-God, and thus anti-Christ. God shows no respect for anyone's "opinions", and a true Christian has no rights. YOU lie against the truth, and repeatedly call evil good and good evil.

YOU are the one who has taken what God has proclaimed through the gospel of Jesus Christ and perverted it to justify your own behavior. You are dead to God, and alive to your own lusts and desires, a hater of truth, and a blasphemer.

cur_deus_homo

Originally posted by Sozo

God is intolerant, but YOU are tolerant. That makes YOU anti-God, and thus anti-Christ. God shows no respect for anyone's "opinions", and a true Christian has no rights. YOU lie against the truth, and repeatedly call evil good and good evil.

YOU are the one who has taken what God has proclaimed through the gospel of Jesus Christ and perverted it to justify your own behavior. You are dead to God, and alive to your own lusts and desires, a hater of truth, and a blasphemer.
Hey, I thought Casper was the "friendly" ghost?

Sozo

That is one of the saddest things I'm ever read here.

That's what you worship?

I worship THE God who created all things and is the source of Truth.

It is "sad" to you, because you do not trust God to do what is right, but prefer that God do what YOU think is right. YOU have a God of your own imagination whom YOU want to bow down to your desires, when, the fact is, YOU are deceived about how incredibly evil your heart is.

beanieboy

If only I could be a perfect good person like you...

Darn, where is that down elevator???

Have fun in heaven worshipping your God who doesn't care what you think, and who gives you no rights. Sounds like a blast.

Sozo

If only I could be a perfect good person like you...
You can! Simply repent (change your mind) about your own righteousness and "opinions", and receive His!
Have fun in heaven worshipping your God who doesn't care what you think, and who gives you no rights.
I believe that God has a better idea about what is best for me than I do. YOU believe that YOU know what is best, but YOU are wrong. YOU are trusting in your self, while I trust in Him. It's not difficult, beanie, but YOU have got to decide whom YOU will put your faith in... YOU or God.