SALVATION IS A FREE GIFT

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

Gifts are, by definition, free. The person receiving the gift doesn't have to pay for it or work for it in any way. They only have to accept it.

Why do you reject plain scripture?

but just in case you needed it spelled out for you, GT, here is Paul, calling it the free gift:

Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned—(For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man’s offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many.And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned. For the judgment which came from one offense resulted in condemnation, but the free gift which came from many offenses resulted in justification.For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more,so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. - Romans 5:12-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans5:12-21&version=NKJV

Read it. Don't just gloss over it.

Nowhere does it says the gift of salvation is free.

Highlight it where it says the gift of salvation is free.

God's Truth

Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned—(For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man’s offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many.And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned. For the judgment which came from one offense resulted in condemnation, but the free gift which came from many offenses resulted in justification.

Jesus' blood justifies those who come to him in repentance.

NO ONE HAS TO DO THE WORKS OF SACRIFICING FOR THE BLOOD OF ANIMALS ANYMORE.

Paul is explaining the gift is not worked for as in the PURIFICATION/CEREMONIAL WORKS OF THE LAW.

Just look at how many times Paul mentions the PURIFICATION WORKS OF THE LAW as being no more!

He doesn't say no more REPENTANCE of SINS!

Romans 2:25 Circumcision has value if you observe the law, but if you break the law, you have become as though you had not been circumcised.
Romans 2:27 The one who is not circumcised physically and yet obeys the law will condemn you who, even though you have the written code and circumcision, are a lawbreaker.
Romans 2:28 A person is not a Jew who is one only outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical.
Romans 2:29 No, a person is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the written code. Such a person’s praise is not from other people, but from God.
Romans 3:1[ God’s Faithfulness ] What advantage, then, is there in being a Jew, or what value is there in circumcision?
Romans 4:11And he received circumcision as a sign, a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. So then, he is the father of all who believe but have not been circumcised, in order that righteousness might be credited to them.

CONT.

God's Truth

For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)

The gift of the righteousness of Christ---and not of these works anymore:

The Burnt Offering; The Grain Offering; The Fellowship Offering; The Sin Offering; The Guilt Offering; Dietary Laws; Purification After Childbirth; Cleansing From Infectious Skin Diseases; Cleansing From Mildew; Discharges Causing Uncleanness; The Day of Atonement; Rules for Priests; The Sabbath; Firstfruits; The Passover and Unleavened Bread; Feast of Weeks; Feast of Trumpets; Feast of Tabernacles; Oil and Bread Set Before The LORD; the Sabbath Year; The Year of Jubilee; Circumcision.

Cont.

God's Truth

Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more,so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. - Romans 5:12-21

It is about NOT HAVING TO WORK AT CLEANING YOURSELF---JUSTIFYING YOURSELF BY DOING THE PURIFICATION WORKS OF THE LAW.

It is about not having to get circumcised in the flesh and brag about getting many people circumcised in the flesh!

It is about not boasting that you cleaned yourself by adhering to a special diet, and by doing various external washings, and having a priest and a temple and sacrificing animals.

Galatians 6:13 Not even those who are circumcised keep the law, yet they want you to be circumcised that they may boast about your circumcision in the flesh.

Romans 3:27 Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. Because of what law? The law that requires works? No, because of the law that requires faith. 28 For we maintain that a person is justified by faith apart from the works of the law. 29 Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, 30 since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. 31 Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

IT'S ABOUT NO MORE WORKS OF THE LAW, SUCH AS CIRCUMCISION and the OTHER PURIFICATION WORKS.

God's Truth

JudgeRightly and Bright Raven ,

See you can't say salvation is the free gift because the Bible doesn't say it.

The free gift is grace and that means we are made righteous/clean/purified/justified by faith in Jesus' shed blood on the cross.

It means we did not have to work at cleaning ourselves anymore.

It doesn't mean we don't have to repent of our sins.

It doesn't mean we don't have to obey and do right.

It doesn't mean we don't have to obey except have faith.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

The free gift is grace and that means we are made righteous/clean/purified/justified by faith in Jesus' shed blood on the cross.

You missed it. Read it again. Try understanding what it's actually saying. I know it's difficult for you, GT, but try to apply yourself, instead of just responding with your usual. Romans is a hard book to understand. You can't just say things willy-nilly about what it says if you don't read it.

Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned—(For until the law sin was in the world, but sin is not imputed when there is no law.Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those who had not sinned according to the likeness of the transgression of Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come.But the free gift is not like the offense. For if by the one man’s offense many died, much more the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abounded to many.And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned. For the judgment which came from one offense resulted in condemnation, but the free gift which came from many offenses resulted in justification.For if by the one man’s offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.)Therefore, as through one man’s offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man’s righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life.For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man’s obedience many will be made righteous.Moreover the law entered that the offense might abound. But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more,so that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. - Romans 5:12-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans5:12-21&version=NKJV

Right Divider

Body part
You say that and prove you are not saved and lie about others.

Jesus says it is how you will be judged.
I've never lied about you, so I'll be fine.

You don’t know what it is. You must hate the gospel so much.
I love ALL of the GOSPELS.

People such as you are so disrespectful to Jesus saying what Jesus said when he walked the earth wasn’t to/for everyone. Jesus is the Savior of the world, and his words aren’t put on hold, and they certainly did not fail!
:juggle:

Why do you ignore God gives His gift to His children?
The BIBLE says that eternal life is a GIFT. I accept, you reject.

You chop away other scriptures to make the one scripture say only what you want it to. ALL the scriptures go together. You cannot nullify any scripture. No scripture nullfies another.
Some scripture SUPERSEDES other scripture.

Look at you trying to find a scripture that you think nullifies the others.
I believe it all... you IGNORE large portions.

Only a person without a powerful testimony would say what you do.
Only a PROUD and ARROGANT person would always look at themselves.

That is creepy to say you don’t obey Jesus because it would mean you trust yourself and not Jesus. That is backwards. Jesus tells you to not lean on your own understanding and to obey him. You are ensnared by the devil.
You just LIED again.... You are ensnared by the devil.

God's Truth

You missed it.
You missed it.
Read it again.

I carefully went through all the scriptures you presented, but you couldn't do one thing you were supposed to do, and that was to highlight where it said SALVATION IS A FREE GIFT.

You couldn't do it because it doesn't exist.

Try understanding what it's actually saying. I know it's difficult for you, GT, but try to apply yourself, instead of just responding with your usual. Romans is a hard book to understand. You can't just say things willy-nilly about what it says if you don't read it.

You need to reply to what I said. You have been shown to be wrong and you avoid debate/discuss because you can't.

Why don't you want to give it all up for God's Truth?

Right Divider

Body part
I carefully went through all the scriptures you presented, but you couldn't do one thing you were supposed to do, and that was to highlight where it said SALVATION IS A FREE GIFT.
Rom 6:23 KJV For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Eph 2:8 KJV For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

New Believers commentary.

​​​​​​ [h=1]Ephesians 2:8-9 King James Version (KJV)[/h]
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

It is the gift of God. A gift of course, is a free and unconditional present. That is the only basis on which God offers salvation. The gift of God is salvation by grace through faith. It is offered to all people everywhere.

God's Truth

I've never lied about you, so I'll be fine.
Lie.
I love ALL of the GOSPELS.

What you do to them is not love.

You are a juggler.

The BIBLE says that eternal life is a GIFT. I accept, you reject.

No, you said SALVATION IS A GIFT.

Prove it with scripture

Some scripture SUPERSEDES other scripture.

No way; you just admitted you disregard one scripture over another and try to nullify scripture with scriptures!
I believe it all... you IGNORE large portions.
You admit you supersede scriptures over others.

Only a PROUD and ARROGANT person would always look at themselves.

Paul says to look at yourself.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

1 Corinthians 9:27
No, I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.

1 Corinthians 11:28
Each one must examine himself before he eats of the bread and drinks of the cup.

2 Corinthians 13:6
And I hope you will realize that we have not failed the test.

You just LIED again.... You are ensnared by the devil.

Examine yourself.

God's Truth

New Believers commentary.

​​​​​​ [h=1]Ephesians 2:8-9 King James Version (KJV)[/h]
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

It is the gift of God. A gift of course, is a free and unconditional present. That is the only basis on which God offers salvation. The gift of God is salvation by grace through faith. It is offered to all people everywhere.

That is just more of you trying to write off God's words.

Status
Not open for further replies.