SABBATH KEEPING

God's Truth

Clefty and I have been discussing Acts 21 more than once.

The Jews who were believers in Christ but were zealous for the old law tried to harm Paul. Does that sound like good Christian Jews? No.

Peter acted out of line with the truth because he was afraid of the Jews who tried to get the Gentiles to get circumcised and observe special days and adhere to a dietary law.

The ignorant Jews who did not understand that Jesus is the one who purifies us now tried to have the apostles and disciples killed for preaching against circumcision, etc.

clefty

its been mentioned...not discussed

The Jews who were believers in Christ but were zealous for the old law tried to harm Paul. Does that sound like good Christian Jews? No.
There are two sets of Jews in Acts 21 those that believed and were still zealous for the Law verses 17-26 and those that did NOT believe and accused Paul of teaching against the people law and place...and defiling the temple.

Those were the SAME accusations which the believing Jews still zealous for the Law heard rumored about Paul so he disproved the rumors and proved he walked orderly (teaching “every day is Holy eat whatever” is exactly NOT orderly but contrary offensive and an abomination) and that he still kept the Law by agreeing to a vow.

The ONLY real abuse against Paul his gospel here was MORE FALSE WITNESS about this camp of believing Jews which has King Jimmy INSERTING “and decided that they (believing gentiles) should observe no such thing” meaning new gentile believers like us should NOT keep the Law.

Acts 21:24Them take, and purify thyself with them, and be at charges with them, that they may shave their heads: and all may know that those things, whereof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing; but that thou thyself also walkest orderly, and keepest the law. 25 But concerning the Gentiles who believe, we have written and decided that they should observe no such thing, except that they should keep themselves from things offered to idols, from blood, from things strangled, and from sexual immorality.”

VS every other translation:

24Take these men, purify yourself along with them, and pay their expenses so they can have their heads shaved. Then everyone will know that there is no truth to these rumors about you, but that you also live in obedience to the law. 25As for the Gentile believers, we have written them our decision that they must abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals, and from sexual immorality.”

NOW THAT IS BEING HARMFUL TO PAUL...actually destroys his gospel and makes people MAD...

which King JIMMY did and NOT the believing Jews...

read it for yourself...AND in Greek

https://biblehub.com/acts/21-25.htm

and you continue this LIE...

Peter acted out of line with the truth because he was afraid of the Jews who tried to get the Gentiles to get circumcised and observe special days and adhere to a dietary law.
These Jews from Jerusalem added NEW law...circumcision to be SAVED and to fellowship with Jews...both NOT taught in the OT...and Jews had ALSO added NEW LAW “do not eat with gentiles”

Peter was reminded by Paul if we socialize with believing gentiles now “why do you compel Gentiles to live as Jews?” It is not through works we are justified but by faith in Him...

But you would have Peter eating Ham sandwiches and dog stew...as if the believing Gentiles were that rude...

The ignorant Jews who did not understand that Jesus is the one who purifies us now tried to have the apostles and disciples killed for preaching against circumcision, etc.
yes the ignorant Jews did...but NOT the MYRAIDS of smart believing Jews STILL ZEALOUS FOR THE LAW...

Paul was still years later while under house arrest in Rome telling Jewish elders “I have done NOTHING against our people or the customs of our fathers”...you think he could claim that teaching your “every day is Holy now...eat whatever...no death in hell”

certainly NOT! we establish the Law...Romans 3:31 and His Law...and NOT a NEW upgraded updated revised Son’s Law version 2.0

Last edited:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

You're question begging.

They were not "Christian Jews."

They were Jews.

And they, like you, did not understand the difference between the New Covenant (which included Moses' laws, and what Paul was teaching, which was to forsake Moses' laws.

Two completely different gospels right in front of you, and yet you can't see it because you've taped your eyes shut with your fairy tale.

False.

Another falsehood.

Do you ever stop lying about what scripture says?

Right Divider

Body part

You think that James was trying to harm Paul? :french:

You think that BELIEVERS IN CHRIST were trying to harm Paul? :rotfl:

You will say ANYTHING, no matter how crazy it is, to try to support your fairy story.

clefty

They were Jews.

And they, like you, did not understand the difference between the New Covenant (which included Moses' laws,

I know you are so busy...

but if I might thank you that you include the Law in the New Covenant...HalleluYah thanks!

As for far too long now I hear that what He taught and demonstrated prior His death which SEALED the contract is NOT part of the New Covenant.

NO changes after a Testator dies yes?

But we can readily see even His dietary lifestyle was included in the Acts 15 council.

The 4 things required of gentiles CROWDING the synagogues every Sabbath were ALREADY required of them when this ekklesia was in the OT wilderness and ALREADY full of those NOT OF JACOB.

Acts 21:25 lists them again...

1) no things offered to ido...and by that we understand not offering a pig to Zeus does NOT make it clean meat yes?

2) no blo...and again draining all the blood from a dog does NOT make it clean yes?

3) nothing strangled better understood as suffocated or unknown as to cause of death...but again these Greeks should not expect road kill rat to be served right?

4) sexual immorality...even here some clarification was in order for the believing goyim to continue crowding the synagogues every Sabbath...

Oh yeah James DID conclude that Moses would continue to be taught and heard every Sabbath...Acts 15:21

Which I imagine means the other 9 commandments are ALSO included which completes the set>

And is what even the goyim NOW CLEAN were going to hear Moses go on about every Sabbath crowding into the synagogues.

I mean...you don’t mean to say that ONLY 4 things are expected of these believing Greeks right?

They are still expected NOT to steal, kill, lie, covet, worship another God, blaspheme His name, make idols, dishonor their parents right?

Just because sexual morality and Sabbath keeping is mentioned as expected does NOT mean the others are omitted right?

and what Paul was teaching, which was to forsake Moses' laws.
wait wut? In Acts 21 Paul makes a vow takes an oath of purity that he is NOT teaching a forsaking of the Law...but walks orderly and keeps the Law.

Paul even got in trouble in Macedonia for troubling the city exceedingly being Jews teaching customs which are NOT lawul for Romans to receive or observe. Acts 16:21

Poor Paul was beaten and imprisoned for teaching “Sabbath is done away with...go ahead eat anything”? LOL

Demetrius at Ephesus accuses Paul of turning people away from his silver shrines...Acts 19:26 so certainly another of the 10 laws is still considered expected for those NOT Jews...

I could go on but I know you are busy...

Two completely different gospels right in front of you, and yet you can't see it because you've taped your eyes shut with your fairy tale?

Another gospel another christ?

Paul told King Agrippa at his trail “and then to the Gentiles that they should repent and turn to Yah and do works befitting repentance” Acts 26:20

what works would Yah agree would befit a repentance to Him His ways?...another day Sabbath an every day Sabbath a diet of pig dog and rat? Certainly not! we establish Law Romans 3:31 His Law or?

Maybe Festus was right? too much learning can drive one MAD...LOL

Paul was not MAD but spoke words of truth and reason. Acts 26:25

Is why he instructed the gentile Corinthians to observe the Passover festival with unleavened bread of sincerity and truth 1 Cor 5:8 so even the festivals remained...

Paul was at that Acts 15 council and STILL went to jail for teaching Romans customs not lawful for them to to receive or observe...

Yahushua said the Sabbath was made for man...a day off...no need to get MAD about it...

Ok well...I know you don’t have much time...maybe later...on a day off?

God's Truth

You're question begging.

They were not "Christian Jews."

They were Jews.

And they, like you, did not understand the difference between the New Covenant (which included Moses' laws, and what Paul was teaching, which was to forsake Moses' laws.

Two completely different gospels right in front of you, and yet you can't see it because you've taped your eyes shut with your fairy tale.

Jesus fulfilled the old covenant because it was about him and he didn't fail on any of it.

He then made a new covenant and the old was fading away.

They were Christian Jews, and if they weren't Christians, then they weren't saved.

God's Truth

You think that James was trying to harm Paul? :french:

You think that BELIEVERS IN CHRIST were trying to harm Paul? :rotfl:

You will say ANYTHING, no matter how crazy it is, to try to support your fairy story.

So why are you treating what I said and what the scriptures say as some kind of joke?

Paul says plainly that Peter acted out of line with the truth because he was afraid of the Jews.

Galatians 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

AND, those zealous Jews tried to harm Paul.

Acts 21
And when we were come to Jerusalem, the brethren received us gladly. (18) And the day following Paul went in with us unto James; and all the elders were present. (19) And when he had saluted them, he declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministry. (20) And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law: (21) And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Jews which are among the Gentiles to forsake Moses, saying that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walk after the customs.

Aren't you reading the scriptures?

They say to Paul, 22 "What shall we do? They will certainly hear that you have come,'

The apostles were worried about what the zealous for the law Jews would do when they heard that Paul was there.

Then they speak about how they told the Gentiles they didn't have to get circumcised,and do the other purification works as given to Moses.

See 25 As for the Gentile believers, we have written to them our decision that they should abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality.”

Then what happened after that?

Read the scriptures.

Those zealous Jews for the law TRIED TO KILL PAUL.

And then the next chapters in Acts until the end speak of Paul's life of persecution because OF THOSE JEWS.

clefty

Jesus fulfilled the old covenant because it was about him and he didn't fail on any of it.

He then made a new covenant and the old was fading away.

They were Christian Jews, and if they weren't Christians, then they weren't saved.

new covenant but still “My Laws“...NOT new or edited or Son’s version 2.0

and He will put them into ANY circumcised hearts and “inner Jew“ minds...NOT just Jews

“This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds." Heb 10:16 quoting JeremiYah 31:33 where Yahushua was not speaking but the Father...

They of course are of ONE MIND and to be sure Yahushua did nothing of His Own Will but “Thine be done” and well...Yah changes NOT...sooo His Law remains...certainly the Sabbath a perpetual sign...

prolly why His Law is called ETERNAL IMMUTABLE AND PERFECT...

and prolly why a sabbatismos remains for His people Heb 4:9 (don’t worry not you...lol kidding)

and will be in new heavens and new earth Isaiah 66:23

and NOT your “every day is Holy eat whatever we live forever” (not kidding)

BTW SABBATH was set apart sanctified and made Holy BEFORE sin and defilement...so everything was pure and clean but ONLY Sabbath was also made Holy...

Right Divider

Body part
When you post scripture, you post so that when you are quoted, your scriptures don't show up in the quote. Sometimes your vanishing scripture style goes unnoticed, but your false witnessing about me doesn't.

I simply put my scripture QUOTES of the scripture in the QUOTE box. It's too darn bad that this does not fit YOUR "needs".

I've been completely honest about your silliness.

Right Divider

Body part
So why are you treating what I said and what the scriptures say as some kind of joke?
The things that you say are a joke.

Paul says plainly that Peter acted out of line with the truth because he was afraid of the Jews.

Galatians 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

AND, those zealous Jews tried to harm Paul.
So you think that JAMES and the BELIEVING Jews were trying to harm Paul? What a lot of garbage!

Your quote from Galatians has nothing to do with Acts 21.

Those zealous Jews for the law TRIED TO KILL PAUL.
James and the BELIEVING Jews "tried to kill Paul"?

You are brain dead.

God's Truth

I simply put my scripture QUOTES of the scripture in the QUOTE box. It's too darn bad that this does not fit YOUR "needs".

I've been completely honest about your silliness.

I'm not interested in what you think and say about me or anyone else. Anyone with eyes can see the same old attack and degradation you think is effective in proving your false beliefs.

God's Truth

So you think that JAMES and the BELIEVING Jews were trying to harm Paul? What a lot of garbage!

You are brain dead.

Why do you keep saying 'James'?

God's Truth

new covenant but still “My Laws“...NOT new or edited or Son’s version 2.0

and He will put them into ANY circumcised hearts and “inner Jew“ minds...NOT just Jews

“This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds." Heb 10:16 quoting JeremiYah 31:33 where Yahushua was not speaking but the Father...

They of course are of ONE MIND and to be sure Yahushua did nothing of His Own Will but “Thine be done” and well...Yah changes NOT...sooo His Law remains...certainly the Sabbath a perpetual sign...

prolly why His Law is called ETERNAL IMMUTABLE AND PERFECT...

and prolly why a sabbatismos remains for His people Heb 4:9 (don’t worry not you...lol kidding)

and will be in new heavens and new earth Isaiah 66:23

and NOT your “every day is Holy eat whatever we live forever” (not kidding)

BTW SABBATH was set apart sanctified and made Holy BEFORE sin and defilement...so everything was pure and clean but ONLY Sabbath was also made Holy...

You do not have Christ and have fallen from grace if in ANY WAY you depend on the OLD WORKS OF THE LAW.

That is you, clefty, no grace no Christ---that is what scripture says.

food and drink is ONE way we LEARN what it means to be SAVED and DO THING made HOLY by Him as He makes us HOLY...we defile ourselves and wash and wait until sundown and become CLEAN AGAIN

Galatians 5:4 You who are trying to be justified by the law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.

God's Truth

You are brain dead.

That is what you are.

I explained that Peter acted out of line with the gospel because he was afraid of the Jews. Then you keep saying James tried to harm Paul.

I gave scriptures about the Jews that tried to harm Paul. Where do I ever say James tried to harm Paul? You just make things up.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
I explained that Peter acted out of line with the gospel because he was afraid of the Jews. Then you keep saying James tried to harm Paul.
In reference to Acts 21 it was YOU that said that "they" were trying to hurt Paul.

In Acts 21:17-26, James shows pride in how many Jews were keeping the law (as Jesus taught them to do).
There is NO indication in the scripture that this is wrong. Paul says nothing about it.

Also notice that the "rules" that James suggests applied only to the gentiles per Acts 21 and Acts 15.

Act 21:25 KJV As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

This agrees with Acts 15. James did NOT say that the Jews should cease circumcision, but that they should not expect the gentiles to keep the law.

Act 15:22-29 KJV Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren: (23) And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia: (24) Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment: (25) It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, (26) Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. (27) We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth. (28) For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; (29) That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Notice that this "message" is SPECIFICALLY to the "the brethren which are of the Gentiles".

Again... I realize that you will understand none of this.

I gave scriptures about the Jews that tried to harm Paul.
Those scriptures had NOTHING to do with James and the BELIEVING Jews of Acts 21.

You cannot think a logical thought.