Royal or Majestic we in Hebrew / Let Us

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
How can such an absurd "Pseudo-Intellectual" as yourself, lack simple discernment?

I don't. I simply and correctly discern you as a long-time Believer who is still an ignorant and impetuous infant. Another nominal loud-mouth pew-sitter who knows virtually nothing except his meager indoctrination.

You're what's wrong with the modern Church.

daqq

If ya can't take the stress, get outta Dodge, weakling.

You illustrate the point magnificently Wyatt: I came looking for a study in a more peaceful library type setting but instead what I find is a setting more like Dodge and a crew of four-headed huckleberries loading up their sixguns for the OK Corral. :chuckle:

glorydaz

I don't. I simply and correctly discern you as a long-time Believer who is still an ignorant and impetuous infant. Another nominal loud-mouth pew-sitter who knows virtually nothing except his meager indoctrination.

You're what's wrong with the modern Church.

LOL That's what all you "wise in your own eyes" guys say about members of the body of Christ. You think too highly of yourself...again.

1 Corinthians 1:25-27
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;​

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
LOL That's what all you "wise in your own eyes" guys say about members of the body of Christ. You think too highly of yourself...again.

1 Corinthians 1:25-27
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;​

"Us" can much more readily be three divine BEINGS. The Pluralis Excellentiae is the best defense against Polytheism, not an apologetic for the alleged Trinity "persons".

glorydaz

"Us" can much more readily be three divine BEINGS. The Pluralis Excellentiae is the best defense against Polytheism, not an apologetic for the alleged Trinity "persons".

Okay, I'm convinced. Sometimes you just like hearing yourself yap. :chuckle:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I did. He doesn't understand the Pluralis Excellentiae.

And neither do you. Why do you demand that English language structure determines Hebrew language structure?

The reason it makes no sense is because you're a first-language English thinker/speaker.

The Pluralis Excellentiae reflects immensity rather than quantity. Even in use as a Trinity apologetic, it shouldn't be for the alleged multiple hypostases, which is how nominal pseudo-theologians infer it.

The "us" more naturally indicates multiple beings than a Trinity; and nothing points to anything more than a "twoness" anyway.

It's a horrific Trinity proof-text, doing the opposite. There's no valid way of eliminating "us" as multiple beings as multiple gods.
You can blow it out your ear, dopey.
I do not demand that English language structure determines Hebrew language structure.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Okay, I'm convinced. Sometimes you just like hearing yourself yap. :chuckle:

Yeah... It could never be you.

It's appalling that you can't see the simple issue of carefully making sure the Trinity's alleged three "persons" aren't considered three "beings".

"Us" sure doesn't distinguish multiple "persons" from multiple "beings".

It's actually quite helpful for me to point out the inherent presumption with this attempted proof-texting.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
You can blow it out your ear, dopey.
I do not demand that English language structure determines Hebrew language structure.

Sure you did. You said the Pluralis Excellentiae made no sense, and said so from a nominal English thought perspective.

And you ignore the problem that "us" is most naturally multiple beings if it's not a plurality of immensity instead of quantity.

The Pluralis Excellentiae is your best apologetic FOR the Trinity; at least eliminating multiple beings. That's crucial... unless you're just ignorantly presumptive... which you and virtually all professing Classic Trinitarians are.

But have it your way. No Pluralis Excellentiae for "us". So... It's multiple beings... and now you're a Polytheist.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. I posted to get Classic Trinitarians to stop ignorantly undermining their own doctrine.

You're welcome.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
No, I did not.

You're welcome.

As always, you miss the point.

"Us" needn't be confined to a narrow "persons" Trinity perspective by default. There is a vital need to eliminate "us" as multiple divine beings.

You Classic Trinitarians are the most entitled and dogmatized humans on the earth. Toss in Dispensational heresy, Open Theism fallacy, and a few other aberrant false doctrines, and... voila... the actual Gospel of Jesus Christ is impugned in your totally ignorant arrogance and condescension.

You guys NEED the Pluralis Excellentiae to avoid Polytheism.

daqq

If ya can't take the stress, get outta Dodge, weakling.

You illustrate the point magnificently Wyatt: I came looking for a study in a more peaceful library type setting but instead what I find is a setting more like Dodge and a crew of four-headed huckleberries loading up their sixguns for the OK Corral. :chuckle:

What happened Wyatt? Where did you go? No response?
Are you not sure what I meant by four-headed huckleberries? :chuckle:

OK, I will attempt an explanation. Whose name invariably ends up in the middle of the "Godhead" when you divide the Father into three equal heads of three equal persons? The classic Trinitarian diagram called the Scrutum Fidei displays perfectly what I mean by my question here:

533px-Shield-Trinity-Scutum-Fidei-English.svg.png

WHO is the "God" in the middle circle? That one will invariably become the man who believes such nonsense and the same therefore ends up putting himself in the center, in the place of God, breaking the very first commandment, (Exodus 20:3). As the Scripture has said in the Law of the Kings, (Psalms) "I have said, You are elohim, and all of you are sons of the Most High", (Psalm 82:6). And Yeshua expounds this passage, in John 10:34-35, clearly stating that this Law applies to all those to whom the Logos of Elohim has come, (and the Scripture cannot be broken). Has the Logos of Elohim come to you? Do you claim to have the Word of God dwelling in you? If so then you too are called an elohim. Even though PPS and I do not ultimately agree I would suggest that you and your fellow elohim should hear him out at least on this one. :crackup:

:sheep:

daqq

So are you now a classic Trinitarian?

What's up Doc Holiday? Welcome back to the shootout. No, I aint no four-headed huckleberry because I do not divide the Father up into three equal heads of authority. You cannot serve more than one Master, as in three equal Godhead persons, because you will invariably begin to love one of them more and loveless the other(s). :)

StanJ

What's up Doc Holiday? Welcome back to the shootout. No, I aint no four-headed huckleberry because I do not divide the Father up into three equal heads of authority. You cannot serve more than one Master, as in three equal Godhead persons, because you will invariably begin to love one of them more and loveless the other(s).

Then why did you say; "The classic Trinitarian diagram called the Scrutum Fidei displays perfectly what I mean" Lambchop?

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
What happened Wyatt? Where did you go? No response?
Are you not sure what I meant by four-headed huckleberries? :chuckle:

OK, I will attempt an explanation. Whose name invariably ends up in the middle of the "Godhead" when you divide the Father into three equal heads of three equal persons? The classic Trinitarian diagram called the Scrutum Fidei displays perfectly what I mean by my question here:

533px-Shield-Trinity-Scutum-Fidei-English.svg.png

WHO is the "God" in the middle circle? That one will invariably become the man who believes such nonsense and the same therefore ends up putting himself in the center, in the place of God, breaking the very first commandment, (Exodus 20:3). As the Scripture has said in the Law of the Kings, (Psalms) "I have said, You are elohim, and all of you are sons of the Most High", (Psalm 82:6). And Yeshua expounds this passage, in John 10:34-35, clearly stating that this Law applies to all those to whom the Logos of Elohim has come, (and the Scripture cannot be broken). Has the Logos of Elohim come to you? Do you claim to have the Word of God dwelling in you? If so then you too are called an elohim.

Even though PPS and I do not ultimately agree I would suggest that you and your fellow elohim should hear him out at least on this one. :crackup:

Yes. Whether anyone ultimately agrees with me, they really should make the effort to understand the paradox they've embraced as Classic Trinitarians.

The Scutum Fidei "shield" illustration perfectly demonstrates the problem. Who is "God" in the middle of the diagram? Clearly not the Father, Son, or Holy Spirit.

If it's the ousia (essence/being/wealth), it's a fourth component.

It's ridiculous.

(And the vast majority of professing Classic Trinitarians aren't really Trinitarians at all. But they don't know it because they don't know squat about the minutiae of their own alleged doctrine.)