Royal or Majestic we in Hebrew / Let Us

StanJ

Only Yahwah is Alpha and Omega, the First and Last, the Beginning and Ending. This Revelation translation part is faulty. Rev 22:13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End. It was also discovered in another part of Revelation and was removed for being a contradiction.

Amazing!

You lie, and contradict yourself in one sentence. Shows how far false teachers will go to make their point. :nono:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Rev+22:13&version=MOUNCE

Jerry Shugart

I have the answer, but it is not for you to know. Sorry!

Of course if you had an answer you would post it as soon as you can! But since you have no answer you prove that the following facts cannot be denied:

The following verse is speaking of only "one" throne:

"And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him" (Rev.22:3).​

Here is what John saw and heard while he was at that throne, the throne of God and of the Lamb:

"And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son" (Rev.21:5-7).​

Here we read the one on the throne saying, "I will be his God." This is God speaking and since there can only be ONE who is the beginning and the end and the Alpha and the Omega then the one speaking is also Jesus Christ:

"And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last" (Rev.22:12-13).​

These are the words of the Lord Jesus because He is the one who says, "I come quickly" (Rev.22:20).

We can also see that the Lord Jesus is called the "Almighty":

"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty" (Rev.1:7-8).​

Why don't you just accept the fact that the Scriptures themselves prove that the Lord Jesus is God?

Last edited:

oatmeal

The royal "we", or majestic plural (pluralis majestatis in Latin, literally, "the plural of majesty"), is the use of a plural pronoun to refer to a single person holding a high office, such as a sovereign (e.g., a monarch or sultan) or religious leader (e.g., the Pope or a bishop). The more general word for the use of we to refer to oneself is nosism.

Speakers employing the royal we refer to themselves using a grammatical number other than the singular (i.e., in plural or dual form).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_we

Indeed, it falls under the larger category of the figure of speech heterosis of number.

chair

Though I am very much Not a Trinitarian (for those who don't know, I am Jewish), I find this "Royal We" approach a bit odd. You have to show that it exists in ancient Hebrew, or at least in some ancient Semitic language, for it to be a decent argument. Has anyone done that?