Robert's Gospel According to the Apostle Paul

Rosenritter

Why did God go through all the trouble to separate Israel from the gentiles and give them all of these things if he was just going to remove them later?

Specifically for the purpose a pure lineage of the promised Messiah. .

Why did God call Paul when He had already called TWELVE apostles and sent them to all nations?

Because that job is bigger than any twelve people: God has called a lot more people than Paul.

Rosenritter

And what was that new commandment?

Ah, so this is what is being said during those "This message is hidden because the user is on your ignore list" posts. Please do me a favor: if you are directing something for my attention, drop me a private message.

You might try searching on the words "new commandment" for an indication of the answer to your question.

John 13:34-35 KJV
(34) A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
(35) By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

You might also find confirmation of the intent and meaning of this commandment in the epistles of John.

1 John 2:7-10 KJV
(7) Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
(8) Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
(9) He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
(10) He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

2 John 1:4-6 KJV
(4) I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.
(5) And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
(6) And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

The new commandment is also an old commandment, the commandment that we had from the beginning

And why did the Lord give Paul revelations He had not given to the twelve?

I'm not expecting an answer, but merely pointing out that Rosenritter speaks without understanding.

Why did the Lord give Peter revelations that he did not give to the other twelve or to Paul? Why did the Lord give John revelations that he gave to none of the other twelve or Paul? That question needs no special answer, it is sufficient for God to send revelation in the time and manner and through the prophets that he wishes. God has worked through many servants and prophets and not every one receives the same special revelation.

And I already know you don't want an answer or a discussion. You're here to snipe, which is why you're on my ignore list. Message me if you actually want to talk.

glorydaz

Ah, so this is what is being said during those "This message is hidden because the user is on your ignore list" posts.

Peeking again, I see. :chuckle:

Please do me a favor: if you are directing something for my attention, drop me a private message.

Ha, if you can't act like a grown up, I'll just talk about you. Besides, I've heard how you "private message".

You might try searching on the words "new commandment" for an indication of the answer to your question.

I don't need to search for where the phrase is found. I know where it's found, and I also know it was NOT a new commandment...it's found in the OT. Lev. 19:18

And all your quotes come from John, who, {guess what?)....was speaking to the Jews. Which brings us back to the fact that love cannot be commanded. Like all the commandments, they were not meant to produce righteousness, but to lead us to faith in Christ.

Spoiler
John 13:34-35 KJV
(34) A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
(35) By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

You might also find confirmation of the intent and meaning of this commandment in the epistles of John.

1 John 2:7-10 KJV
(7) Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.
(8) Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.
(9) He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
(10) He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

2 John 1:4-6 KJV
(4) I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.
(5) And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
(6) And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

The new commandment is also an old commandment, the commandment that we had from the beginning

You said, "You might also find confirmation of the intent and meaning of this commandment..." I know the intent and meaning of that commandment and every other commandment. Galatians 3:24
Galatians 3:25

Why did the Lord give Peter revelations that he did not give to the other twelve or to Paul?

I'm glad you asked. He didn't give Peter revelations like He gave Paul. He did give Peter a vision about the clean and unclean, and that was so Paul would not have Peter standing against his preaching the Gospel of Grace to the Gentiles.

Why did the Lord give John revelations that he gave to none of the other twelve or Paul? That question needs no special answer, it is sufficient for God to send revelation in the time and manner and through the prophets that he wishes. God has worked through many servants and prophets and not every one receives the same special revelation.

John's revelations were about the Jews....he was not the Apostle to the Gentiles. My question was about Peter and Paul, and you want to throw in every man since Adam.

And I already know you don't want an answer or a discussion.

You're even wrong about that. I would like an answer from you, but so far you have only headed down some rabbit hole to avoid discussion. I'm doubtful that will ever change, but I'm always willing to give anyone another chance.

You're here to snipe, which is why you're on my ignore list. Message me if you actually want to talk.

This from the Snipe Master. :nono:

Ya gotta love those non-answers....

It was a very simple question, and yet, no "special" answer is forthcoming. :idunno:

Right Divider

Body part
Specifically for the purpose a pure lineage of the promised Messiah. .
I figured that something like that would be your lame answer.

How does separating ISRAEL from the gentiles create this "pure lineage"?
And what do ALL of the other things have to do with that simple thing?
Why did all of those things take CENTURIES to accomplish that simple thing?

What about God promising them a kingdom ON THE EARTH?

You have SO much to learn.

Because that job is bigger than any twelve people: God has called a lot more people than Paul.
Another completely lame and ridiculous "conclusion".

Apparently you are too ignorant to understand the significance of calling TWELVE apostles that will sit on TWELVE thrones judging the TWELVE tribes of Israel. And also the calling of the ONE apostle to deliver the mystery of Christ to ALL without distinction.

So you conflate OTHER people with these APOSTLES?

It's really surprising how little you know, but how much you think that you know.

john w

Hall of Fame
I should have known better than to cast my pearls before reprobates.

His old reliable side step, evasion, misdirection, as he asserts that anyone that challenges, disagrees with his argument, is a "reprobate," does not "evidence the Holy Spirit," and that he is the only one on TOL that preaches justification by faith, and the only one on TOL, that "believes the bible."

You deceiver, engaging in satanic sophistry.

john w

Hall of Fame
Asked poignantly, by RD:

Why did God call Paul when He had already called TWELVE apostles and sent them to all nations?

Observe, the humanism, comedy:

Power from on high,with miraculous gifts, filled with the Holy Spirit, "Boot Camp" with the Lord Jesus Christ for 40 days, and yet, "too big a job."

That's rich-I needed a chuckle today, during this heathen "Happy Holidays."

glorydaz

I figured that something like that would be your lame answer.

How does separating ISRAEL from the gentiles create this "pure lineage"?
And what do ALL of the other things have to do with that simple thing?
Why did all of those things take CENTURIES to accomplish that simple thing?

What about God promising them a kingdom ON THE EARTH?

You have SO much to learn.

Another completely lame and ridiculous "conclusion".

Apparently you are too ignorant to understand the significance of calling TWELVE apostles that will sit on TWELVE thrones judging the TWELVE tribes of Israel. And also the calling of the ONE apostle to deliver the mystery of Christ to ALL without distinction.

So you conflate OTHER people with these APOSTLES?

It's really surprising how little you know, but how much you think that you know.

It's much easier to ignore people than admit to not knowing.

That's what we're seeing with Rosenritter. :sigh:

glorydaz

She is asked, poignantly, by GD:,

Observe, the humanism, comedy:

Power from on high,with miraculous gifts, filled with the Holy Spirit, "Boot Camp" with the Lord Jesus Christ for 40 days, and yet, "too big a job."

That's rich-I needed a chuckle today, during this heathen "Happy Holidays."

That was RD's poignant question. ;)

Mine were the easy ones.

Edit...Gosh you're quick. You fixed it already.

clefty

He'd nail that Old Covenant to the cross
wrong...He said “think NOT I have come to abolish the Law”...or change it...which is another method of abolishing the prior law with a latter...

Not even Paul said the old covenant was nailed to the cross...as most Christians are fine with 9 of the 10...

with its circumcisions,
wrong...even Paul circumcised...but it was just made of no effect as there were no more jew et al...but it was always about the circumcision of the heart

its sacrifices...
Paul continued even made a vow...we all should sacrifice and with our lips baptism etc
its temple veil,
oh sure that was ripped but NOT the Law in fact NOW with the veil ripped WHOSOEVER believeth can be saved approaching the mercy seat with the Law in it...

its Levitical priesthood,
yup the ministration of the Law was indeed changed TRANSFERED just not the Law itself was abolished...

its separation between Jew and Gentile,
that was EXACTLY abolished and now WHOSOEVER believeth is a sovereign citizen of the law full kingdom of Israel...you know His people...

its unclean meats,
Peter continued kosher

sabbaths,
pray Sabbaths not be broken in future times of trouble

commandments, laws, and ordinances.
yes look those up again...learn which one went where into which covenant...the new one being sealed PRIOR His death...no changes OK

And he'd give us a new commandment in its place,
yup... Let’s read that one slowly together...

“A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another” John 13:34

Nice right? Love...love one another...but HOW?

Oh look I bolded it for you...”AS I HAVE LOVED YOU” so does that mean we love one another just any old way? Or how the world loves itself? Or the Buddhists love each other? Or the muslims?

What type of love are we to love each other with? Yup the hint comes in the OT where that love was initially instructed and described and finally lived BY HIM in demonstrating and sealing the NT. So we are to love JUST AS HE LOVED US...

Now

does His love include a seventh day of rest? Yes...does yours?
does His love include only clean meats to eat? Yes...does yours?

See how it works? WWJD? Do that...only that...

“So that ALL men might know ye are my disciples...” how would anybody know HIM HIS WAY if we all loved the same love as the world did...or the Buddhists did or the muslims...or jews

Our love is like His because we FOLLOW HIM...HIS WAY...that is how we are disciples...we copy Him...or Paul cuz he claims he copied Christ...

So if we love with a different love than He loved us with...well we arent really disciples following Him then are we?

rise from the dead, confirm his status as the LORD of Hosts through his ascension, and then speak to the twelve and Paul to make sure they understood.

Yes He did that too...and they finally understood...but will you?

clefty

Get some new material.

If the law was "abolished" at the cross, why does Paul tell us that we are not under it?

How can we "not be under" something that does not exist?

Yup...Paul actually says we establish Law...neat eh?

Prolly meant wherever we go to whoever we meet...

And the law we establish is just like His or nearly or maybe not even for us?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yup...Paul actually says we establish Law...neat eh?

Prolly meant wherever we go to whoever we meet...

And the law we establish is just like His or nearly or maybe not even for us?

Is the Law established in his argument from our personal lives and yet abolished by him in another book? Is the argument for the sake of the gospel as opposed to the building up of the Law? Or is the Law really and truly established even as we work it out?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
He'd nail that Old Covenant to the cross with its circumcisions, its sacrifices, its temple veil, its Levitical priesthood, its separation between Jew and Gentile, its unclean meats, sabbaths, commandments, laws, and ordinances.

And he'd give us a new commandment in its place, rise from the dead, confirm his status as the LORD of Hosts through his ascension, and then speak to the twelve and Paul to make sure they understood.

I don't know why you say these things. They are not even accurate.

clefty

Why did God go through all the trouble to separate Israel from the gentiles and give them all of these things if he was just going to remove them later?
It wasnt even about them but a promise He made to Abraham their father...

They were lucky to go along for the ride...and now we are

The irony that Israel was not the first born and received the blessing by deception...also ironic Isaac was a miracle and NOT BY BLOOD...Abraham and Sarah’s blood line was dead...she was long past able to NATURALLY bear blood relatives...but well a promise a DIVINE MIRACLE allowed Isaac to be born...

But failing that relationship and killing their Husband that first marriage covenant was over...”blood” Israel was no more...they removed themselves...

The Groom however is reborn and in search of a new bride...called Israel...funny how He has the same taste for same type of wife...faithful and obedient...

uh...cuz all these nations were only jewish?

No wait cuz Peter and John needed help with all the goyim they reached? Oh and Phillip...but maybe no so much Phillip cuz he did well with the one on one...

clefty

And what was that new commandment?
you mean the love as I loved you one?...that thing has been around for awhile now...almost brand new though hardly used...since not even jews did that...

And why did the Lord give Paul revelations He had not given to the twelve?
you mean revelations that opposed prior treaching? Oh wait He didnt...

clefty

At least you finally admit that you follow your own made up crap and not the true Word of God.

Good place to insert

1958 The natural law is immutable and permanent throughout the variations of history;10 it subsists under the flux of ideas and customs and supports their progress. The rules that express it remain substantially valid. Even when it is rejected in its very principles, it cannot be destroyed or removed from the heart of man. It always rises again in the life of individuals and societies :http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p3s1c3a1.htm

clefty

Specifically for the purpose a pure lineage of the promised Messiah.
not sure what you mean by pure lineage as that lineage has a few bad woman and goyim in it...

And itself was a divine miracle of promise as Sarah was too old to bare children naturally...her lineage ended there...every birth that followed was of promise...