Riots in Ferguson MO. USA

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
It's conjecture, since we don't know, and he's careful not to make that claim he can't support. But it certainly may turn out to be the case that the officer didn't suffer an orbital blowout fracture and it's probably a good thing to be wary of the purported CT image posted by Holt. Also, it's helpful to know that Holt sourced from a white supremacist website. Just taking in additional information and looking for verification.

Actually that information came from a caller to a radio talk show that claims to know the family.

Caller says she has the officer's side of the Ferguson shooting

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Where's all the outcry for the several and consistent black officer assaults/shootings of whites?

Truth is, the racist liberals (including those on this thread) present a scenario where only whites can be perpetrators in such scenarios, and can't ever be victims of such crime. And the lack of media coverage versus events like Ferguson are further proof of that irrefutable fact.

Only whites can be racists, according to the absurd and godless liberal agenda. Odd how that agenda is represented by those professing to be Christians on TOL.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Where's all the outcry for the several and consistent black officer assaults/shootings of whites?
Consistent? What shootings would you label "inconsistent"? :plain:

Truth is, the racist liberals (including those on this thread) present a scenario where only whites can be perpetrators in such scenarios, and can't ever be victims of such crime. And the lack of media coverage versus events like Ferguson are further proof of that irrefutable fact.
What lack of media coverage? Comparable coverage? How frequent is either? How unusual are the particular circumstances? In any event it's likely that white on black violence pushes buttons that aren't on par for any number of reasons we can get into.

Only whites can be racists, according to the absurd and godless liberal agenda.
No, but the usual primary usage of the word involves:

1. a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race. Merriam Webster

That tends to be a majority vs minority position, whatever the majority happens to be. So in Western societies among which our own numbers that tends to be about those of us who are white. Certainly there are members of minorities who will think themselves racially superior, but most of them, historically, have been powerless to do anything with that particularly ignorant belief. That's the why of the focus. It's not a plot or an agenda so much as a reflection of empowerment.

In South Africa at present you have everything you need to see the reverse in play, as you would in any number of African countries.

Odd how that agenda is represented by those professing to be Christians on TOL.
Or some people simply disagree with you without all that other high concept business attaching. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Or some are lawyers with no functioning moral framework or conscience.....
I'm sure that's true. You can find sociopaths in all walks of life where there is power to be had and some even in the mental health profession, if you can believe half of what you read.

IMJerusha

I'm sure that's true. You can find sociopaths in all walks of life where there is power to be had and some even in the mental health profession, if you can believe half of what you read.

...or half of what they say. You know, the parents are always to blame. One can hardly credit their desire to procreate. It's a mystery.

Christ's Word

U.S. Census Bureau:

High school Graduation Rate:

Asian: 88%

White: 86%

Black: 69%

Children in one-parent homes

Asian: 13%

White: 21%

Black: 55%

Median Household Income:

Asian: $69,000

White: $57,000

Black: $33,000

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
High school Graduation Rate:

Asian: 88%

White: 86%

Black: 69%

Children in one-parent homes

Asian: 13%

White: 21%

Black: 55%

Median Household Income:

Asian: $69,000

White: $57,000

Black: $33,000

So you're telling us it's a matter of social and economic factors? Won't do any good. Racists will just say that the social and economic factors are caused by race.

There's always an excuse.

bybee

So you're telling us it's a matter of social and economic factors? Won't do any good. Racists will just say that the social and economic factors are caused by race.

There's always an excuse.

And...there is always a reason.
The reason for any event or occurrence begins with a personal decision to say or do or to not say or do.
Excuses don't fry the bacon!!!

PureX

And...there is always a reason.
The reason for any event or occurrence begins with a personal decision to say or do or to not say or do.
Excuses don't fry the bacon!!!
I'm oddly fascinated by your abject hatred of the idea of there being a legitimate 'excuse', for ANYTHING. Where does that come from? Why do you hate the idea that there could be such a thing as a 'reasonable excuse' for something? You are an otherwise intelligent woman, but whenever this subject comes up, you seem to lose all sense of proportion.

*Just puzzling* (It seems to be a common trait among conservatives.)

99lamb

There are always two sides to a story, whether or not each side has a reasonable/legitimate or validate argument is the point.:argue:

bybee

I'm oddly fascinated by your abject hatred of the idea of there being a legitimate 'excuse', for ANYTHING. Where does that come from? Why do you hate the idea that there could be such a thing as a 'reasonable excuse' for something? You are an otherwise intelligent woman, but whenever this subject comes up, you seem to lose all sense of proportion.

*Just puzzling* (It seems to be a common trait among conservatives.)

I might say the same of you?
Whenever the topic of personal responsibility comes up you cry foul! Racism! Hard heartedism! Or, the worst label you can think of Conservatism!
I believe there are legitimate reasons for behavior. There are no legitimate excuses.

PureX

I believe there are legitimate reasons for behavior. There are no legitimate excuses.
Why do you believe this? What do you have against the idea of a "legitimate excuse"? Why does that idea offend you so much?

Sometimes the dog really does eat the kid's homework, and there wasn't a 'legitimate' thing he could have done about it.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I might say the same of you?
Whenever the topic of personal responsibility comes up you cry foul! Racism! Hard heartedism! Or, the worst label you can think of Conservatism!

Sometimes the shoe fits.

bybee

Why do you believe this? What do you have against the idea of a "legitimate excuse"? Why does that idea offend you so much?

Sometimes the dog really does eat the kid's homework, and there wasn't a 'legitimate' thing he could have done about it.

"The dog ate my homework" is a reason for not turning in my homework. The teacher says "Nevertheless, you must turn in the homework assignment and you will be late. I've heard "The dog ate my homework before!"
As to legitimate behavior? Put your homework in a secure place. Then the dog cannot eat it.
I am not offended. I don't buy it.
Tell it to the Marines!