REPORT: Nicer Than God - By Bob Enyart

red77

Actually I agree with Stipe's assessment. Talking with you is like talking to a wall. You ignore the vast majority of what is said for you and persist in arguing against positions and statements that aren't even made, or you twist and contort them around.

Here is the bottom line: you were invited to see this thread and read the article by Bob because someone who wasn't me recognized that you have this same "Nicer than God" attitude. I didn't invite you here, but I understand why you WERE invited here, and I tried to reach out to you.

I also did not bring up Hitler in the doggone conversation, I just added to what someone else had already said. Your repeated hardheaded refusal to actually discuss points and issues brought up against your position make it difficult to discuss anything with you. Then you bound all over this website posting half-truths about things that were stated in threads, and you bend it around in so many threads that nobody could keep up with all of them. I have tried very dilligently and patiently to win you to the truth, but you reject the truth. I am at a point where it will not do any good to drag it further. When you get around to wanting to discuss the issue openly and honestly you can PM me, and I'd be glad to talk with you.

I've been open and honest with you on this discussion as it is, if you have the integrity to actually address my points as i have continually done with you then I hope you reply, the only thing i reject is your interpretation of the truth, if you think that tolerating the lilkes of child molesting ad homs is going to somehow win me to your 'truth' then you'd be advised to think again, the same as making false presumptions about my being a liberal vegetarian purely because I can stand up and say cruelty towards animals is wrong.......
to be honest all I see is you dodging a way around answering......

PKevman

Red77 said:
I've been open and honest with you on this discussion as it is,

Oh I see. You were really open and honest about admitting that my statement in regards to your views on Hitler were not a strawman. In fact you would still debate it until the roof falls in regardless of the substance of your argument. There is no point in beating something to death that doesn't need to be. You said it was a strawman, then you admitted you held that position. Tell me, do you know what a strawman is? Or is it just a term you throw around? If you KNOW what a strawman is, AND you are being open and honest, then you would admit that my statement was a statement of fact and is not a strawman in the least. You said it was a strawman because you always have to reply with something. You're like some spoiled little child who just has to have the last word in every conversation and on every point.

if you have the integrity to actually address my points

If I have the integrity? I have been addressing your points. But it is not worth my time anymore to sit and type out long reasoned replies to you when you utterly ignore the responses and persist on with meaningless drivel & debating stuff that is irrelevant to the discussion of whether or not you fit the description of "Nicer than God" as layed out by Bob in this thread.

as i have continually done with you then I hope you reply, the only thing i reject is your interpretation of the truth,

No you reject whole parts of the Bible that you don't like or agree with, and you formulate your own "cushy" little theology that fits YOUR specific views of what you think God should be like. But God isn't like that. God is righteous and holy. Sinners who reject the sacrifice of His Son are without hope, and will perish. To offer them hope where there is none, to tell them they have chances to repent after they die, to say that even Hitler will be saved, this is all horrible erroneous doctrine.

if you think that tolerating the lilkes of child molesting ad homs
is going to somehow win me to your 'truth' then you'd be advised to think again,

You won't listen to sound reason. And why do you keep making this assertion as if I called you a child molestor? Really, why do you feel the need to debate things other people say with people who didn't say it, and not the people who said it? Oh I know, because in those threads and in those discussions, you were shown to be a liar and a deceiver. Then you carry this stuff over into another thread, as I am sure you will the things that have been said to you here.

Man up and quit acting like a whining, sniveling little baby! :baby:

the same as making false presumptions about my being a liberal vegetarian

Blah blah blah.

purely because I can stand up and say cruelty towards animals is wrong.......

But babies who are the children of rapists should be put to death. Right. A really logical worldview. Too bad you won't defend the innocent unborn babies from cruelty the same you do animals.

to be honest all I see is you dodging a way around answering......

No I answer you. But I am about to the point where I won't anymore. I don't know how many times since we began discussing things that we have been down this road. You always say people didn't answer you when they do. Then you continually dogmatically assert that they didn't answer.

I hope that someday, you will open your heart and your mind to try to see things the way that a holy and righteous God sees them, and not from your humanistic perspectives. Stop trying to be "Nicer than God"!

red77

Oh I see. You were really open and honest about admitting that my statement in regards to your views on Hitler were not a strawman. In fact you would still debate it until the roof falls in regardless of the substance of your argument. There is no point in beating something to death that doesn't need to be. You said it was a strawman, then you admitted you held that position. Tell me, do you know what a strawman is? Or is it just a term you throw around? If you KNOW what a strawman is, AND you are being open and honest, then you would admit that my statement was a statement of fact and is not a strawman in the least. You said it was a strawman because you always have to reply with something. You're like some spoiled little child who just has to have the last word in every conversation and on every point.

Pastor, you asked me a question about Hitler and I answered it, you tried to make out that that would somehow mess with universalist theology which it just doesnt......the strawman was in trying to do so, the only ones who lose the point by bringing up Hitler and the likes of 9/11 are ET'ers as it backfires totally and was demonstrated on the battle talk thread....

If I have the integrity? I have been addressing your points. But it is not worth my time anymore to sit and type out long reasoned replies to you when you utterly ignore the responses and persist on with meaningless drivel & debating stuff that is irrelevant to the discussion of whether or not you fit the description of "Nicer than God" as layed out by Bob in this thread.

If i was utterly ignoring the responses i wouldn't have been typing equally long posts back to you, what does ignoring atually mean to you, not agreeing?

No you reject whole parts of the Bible that you don't like or agree with, and you formulate your own "cushy" little theology that fits YOUR specific views of what you think God should be like. But God isn't like that. God is righteous and holy. Sinners who reject the sacrifice of His Son are without hope, and will perish. To offer them hope where there is none, to tell them they have chances to repent after they die, to say that even Hitler will be saved, this is all horrible erroneous doctrine.

And you reject those parts that don't fit in with your own doctrine, if you think I believe what I do because it's 'cushy' then think again, I happen to believe that it's whats said in the word and it makes totally more sense than the real horrible doctrine of eternal conscious pointless torment.....

You won't listen to sound reason. And why do you keep making this assertion as if I called you a child molestor? Really, why do you feel the need to debate things other people say with people who didn't say it, and not the people who said it? Oh I know, because in those threads and in those discussions, you were shown to be a liar and a deceiver. Then you carry this stuff over into another thread, as I am sure you will the things that have been said to you here.

Man up and quit acting like a whining, sniveling little baby! :baby:

Oh buy a clue, I could care less about what the likes of some here come out with behind the anonymity of a keyboard, i've heard it all as it is, I'm asking you this question because I'm interested as to how you can justify ad homs of the likes of 'child molester' is in any way edifying.....what impression does it give to those who might be searching for answers on here to be called a 'homo' etc? I've not accused you of doing so yourself and I would expect you as a pastor to find unfounded insults unchristian, I find it hard to believe that you would find it acceptable if a pagan or agnostic said as much to a christian and it's double standards to think that it doesn't cut both ways....

Blah blah blah.

Typical, you make some ludicrous post about how i'm a veggie lib who would invite a child molestor to a salad simply because I said that cruelty to animals is wrong and you can't even address your own error, it doesn't seem to stop you from expecting other's to do the same though....

But babies who are the children of rapists should be put to death. Right. A really logical worldview. Too bad you won't defend the innocent unborn babies from cruelty the same you do animals.

It's too bad that the sanctity of life doesn't extend a bit more to the adult population...., as for that particular issue I know many christians who share the same view, does that make us right? Not neceassrily no but this hardly makes me 'pro abort'.....
And if you want me to listen to sound reason then don't make assertions that to condemn animal cruelty means having to be a liberal, as already said it should be a no brainer to anyone whatever politics they ascribe to.....

No I answer you. But I am about to the point where I won't anymore. I don't know how many times since we began discussing things that we have been down this road. You always say people didn't answer you when they do. Then you continually dogmatically assert that they didn't answer.

I hope that someday, you will open your heart and your mind to try to see things the way that a holy and righteous God sees them, and not from your humanistic perspectives. Stop trying to be "Nicer than God"!

It's funny because you continually make claims that I don't address your own points or 'ignore' them yourself, and my heart and mind are already open thanks, I suggest it could be an idea to take your own advice....
And i haven't nor have I ever have been trying to be 'nicer than God'.........

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
red-
Let's see if you can answer a simple question: Will Hitler end up in Heaven, with God?

red77

red-
Let's see if you can answer a simple question: Will Hitler end up in Heaven, with God?

Uh.....LH, I've answered this question at least a dozen times by now including on this thread if you'd bothered to read, yes, i believe that - along with believing that all other human beings both perpetrators of obvious evil and the victims of such can be reconciled, is that now clear??

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why can't they be reconciled in hell? I'd much prefer that. If a rape victim really wanted to get to know her boyfriend I'd prefer she did it somewhere away from me...

Any given place would really suck if everyone were forced to love their rapist or murderer.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Uh.....LH, I've answered this question at least a dozen times by now including on this thread if you'd bothered to read, yes, i believe that - along with believing that all other human beings both perpetrators of obvious evil and the victims of such can be reconciled, is that now clear??
Can be, or will be?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Red, have you ever left negative rep for anybody on this site?

The apostle Paul said:
Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

Ecumenicist

Why can't they be reconciled in hell? I'd much prefer that. If a rape victim really wanted to get to know her boyfriend I'd prefer she did it somewhere away from me...

Any given place would really suck if everyone were forced to love their rapist or murderer.

Not forced, healed, victims and aggressors.

The alternative is spending an eternity with hatred, fear, and hurt in their souls...

red77

Red, have you ever left negative rep for anybody on this site?

Yes, ukMikey - although that's only because it's what he actually requests, other than that I don't neg anyone, i don't see the point, I'd rather debate any issues on the actual threads themselves....

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not forced, healed, victims and aggressors. The alternative is spending an eternity with hatred, fear, and hurt in their souls...
Some people do not want to forgive. Some people do not want to repent. What is going to change?

red77

He can't answer simple questions. Why would anyone ever believe anything this moron spouts?

Uh, righto Stipe, I just answered Nick M's question along with a plethora of others, and you should know fine well that I don't lie about negging people, after some of the total garbage you've given out on here in months gone by I'd have been more than justified sending a few in your direction but I refrained, why don't you just grow up man and debate like an adult....?

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Not forced, healed, victims and aggressors.

The alternative is spending an eternity with hatred, fear, and hurt in their souls...

I pointed out to you on another thread someone who knowingly wants to be away from God. Who are you to "force" them?

red77

I pointed out to you on another thread someone who knowingly wants to be away from God. Who are you to "force" them?

Do you really think that it would be possible for someone with a knowledge of the truth would choose separation? :think:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Do you really think that it would be possible for someone with a knowledge of the truth would choose separation? :think:

Yes. Satan did, as well as 1/3rd of the angels. Not to mention all the pagans running around on the planet. The Truth walked the earth in the flesh for 33 years, and yes, folks rejected Him then, just as they do now. Seriously though, I'm not going to go pages with you or dave over the Lake again. I asked you pages back in post 60 "new covenant of what " Christ brought. Would you mind expanding on that a little? I also asked you if you felt Paul was given any authority. Was he, or no?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes. Satan did, as well as 1/3rd of the angels. Not to mention all the pagans running around on the planet. The Truth walked the earth in the flesh for 33 years, and yes, folks rejected Him then, just as they do now. Seriously though, I'm not going to go pages with you or dave over the Lake again. I asked you pages back in post 60 "new covenant of what " Christ brought. Would you mind expanding on that a little? I also asked you if you felt Paul was given any authority. Was he, or no?
Could any answer possibly be any better than that?

Nineveh rocks da house. :up: