RELIGION: An Indication of the Absence of Faith

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If they are biblical don't you think that you should consider them as doctrine?

Shalom.

I do not make my own doctrine, and I do not know who made yours. I do not know where your words concepts and ideas came from, these that you relate in your references to, and in how you understand, scripture.

Shalom.

Jacob

Robert Pate

Banned
Shalom.

I do not make my own doctrine, and I do not know who made yours. I do not know where your words concepts and ideas came from, these that you relate in your references to, and in how you understand, scripture.

Shalom.

Jacob

My doctrine is dictated by the scriptures. I am afraid that your doctrine is dictated by your Jewish religion that is obsolete, Hebrews 8:6, 7.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
My doctrine is dictated by the scriptures. I am afraid that your doctrine is dictated by your Jewish religion that is obsolete, Hebrews 8:6, 7.

Shalom.

Not what you said isn't.

I am of Israel. I observe the Torah. I accept the New Covenant as for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written on minds and hearts. It is in Yeshua Messiah. I accept the TaNaK and Matthew through Revelation.

Shalom.

Jacob

Robert Pate

Banned
Shalom.

Not what you said isn't.

I am of Israel. I observe the Torah. I accept the New Covenant as for the house of Israel and the house of Judah. It is God's law written on minds and hearts. It is in Yeshua Messiah. I accept the TaNaK and Matthew through Revelation.

Shalom.

Jacob

Without Paul's epistles you will never have the truth.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Not what you said isn't.

Shalom.

Jacob
If God's law is written on your mind and heart, then you must never sin Jacob. Is that true?

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
1st Corinthians 11
23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup
27 whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord
28 and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup
29 he that eateth and drinketh

Paul's epistle.
I don't feel the need to take communion. . . All that you are trying to accomplish in your Catholic religion is already mine.

Robert Pate

Banned
1st Corinthians 11
23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup
27 whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord
28 and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup
29 he that eateth and drinketh

Paul's epistle.

Taking communion is something that you do. We are not saved or justified by what we do, Romans 4:5. We are saved by what Jesus has done. Works and obedience counts for nothing. Faith counts for everything.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Shalom.

Today is Shishi, 10-25, Yom (Day).

I disagree with you. However, I accept Paul's epistles. Though, when it it epistles or letters, some refuse the word epistles. I am aware of this.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If God's law is written on your mind and heart, then you must never sin Jacob. Is that true?
Shalom.

Today is Shishi, 10-25, Yom (Day).

That is a good question. Are you asking about the new covenant as spoken of or defined in Jeremiah? We should talk about it. I am not convinced that it says this or that this is what it is talking about, but it may be. For, those who are born again do not and cannot sin. I claim to be a born again Jew. Then, do I sin? I know that I live in a world where sin exists. But I am not myself to sin or engage in sin. I believe that I have success in this, but by saying this I am not inviting temptation.

Shalom.

Jacob

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Taking communion is something that you do. We are not saved or justified by what we do, Romans 4:5.
I haven't said otherwise.
We are saved by what Jesus has done. Works and obedience counts for nothing. Faith counts for everything.
John 3:16 KJV, yes. The next question beyond saving faith is, what now? The Church's authorized pastors teach, be in full communion with the Body of Christ; that's what's next, after saving faith.

That's all.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
That is a good question. Are you asking about the new covenant as spoken of or defined in Jeremiah?
Yes, I was quoting you.
We should talk about it. I am not convinced that it says this or that this is what it is talking about, but it may be.
If God's law is written on your mind and heart, then what else could it mean besides that you never sin?
For, those who are born again do not and cannot sin. I claim to be a born again Jew. Then, do I sin? I know that I live in a world where sin exists. But I am not myself to sin or engage in sin. I believe that I have success in this, but by saying this I am not inviting temptation.
The Church teaches that even believers still sin, and are still sinners, as Robert also knows. But as you study her teachings, you find that there are two categories of sins, grave, and lighter sins. Lighter sins are forgiven or venial sins, in the sense that their commission does not affect full communion with the Body of Christ, but grave matter, grave sins, do. Committing grave sins renders a believer not in full communion, and not authorized to validly receive Holy Communion, and so in order regain full communion with her, a believer must reconcile with her, and this is administered in the sacrament of reconciliation, penance, or confession.

Before entering the kingdom, the Church teaches that we must be purified, such that we no longer sin, and are not sinners anymore, because the kingdom is holy and only holy people enter in. This purification is an ongoing process until one has been fully purged, and in most cases completes after death in purgatory.

Everybody who is in purgatory will inevitably enter the kingdom, but not before complete purification.

Robert Pate

Banned
I haven't said otherwise.
John 3:16 KJV, yes. The next question beyond saving faith is, what now? The Church's authorized pastors teach, be in full communion with the Body of Christ; that's what's next, after saving faith.

That's all.

The Christian is called to be a witness for Christ and his Gospel. I doubt very much if you know what the Gospel is. Here is a clue. It justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. no religion needed.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, I was quoting you.
If God's law is written on your mind and heart, then what else could it mean besides that you never sin?
The Church teaches that even believers still sin, and are still sinners, as Robert also knows. But as you study her teachings, you find that there are two categories of sins, grave, and lighter sins. Lighter sins are forgiven or venial sins, in the sense that their commission does not affect full communion with the Body of Christ, but grave matter, grave sins, do. Committing grave sins renders a believer not in full communion, and not authorized to validly receive Holy Communion, and so in order regain full communion with her, a believer must reconcile with her, and this is administered in the sacrament of reconciliation, penance, or confession.

Before entering the kingdom, the Church teaches that we must be purified, such that we no longer sin, and are not sinners anymore, because the kingdom is holy and only holy people enter in. This purification is an ongoing process until one has been fully purged, and in most cases completes after death in purgatory.

Everybody who is in purgatory will inevitably enter the kingdom, but not before complete purification.

Shalom.

I do not believe what you are telling me (to be the truth). I was also told by you that you are not Catholic. Read the Bible where it says that the one who is born of God does not sin.

1 John 3:6 NKJV - Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

1 John 3:9 NKJV - Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

1 John 5:18 NKJV - We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.

If you are correct that the believer does sin then are you incorrect in speaking about what you have said regarding the new covenant in that you do sin but you say that in the new covenant a person does not sin? Does it have to do with those who have accepted the new covenant versus those who have not accepted it? And, are you saying then that you believe that the new covenant has not come yet, and in your saying that you are not Catholic but in your teaching Catholic doctrine do you believe or say that the new covenant has not yet come or that it has? That it has already come?

Shalom.

Jacob

beloved57

The Christian is called to be a witness for Christ and his Gospel. I doubt very much if you know what the Gospel is. Here is a clue. It justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. no religion needed.

You teach that sinners Christ died for are lost and condemned !

genuineoriginal

The law is not for the righteous man. The law is for sinners, 1 Timothy 1:9,10.

If you need the law you must be one of those.
The righteous do not need the law because their actions are not violations of the law and God's morality.

You are telling Christians that they need to become lawless.
Any Christian who rejects God's law according to your teachings is no longer a righteous man but is lawless.

1 Timothy 1:9-10
9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;​

Robert Pate

Banned
The righteous do not need the law because their actions are not violations of the law and God's morality.

You are telling Christians that they need to become lawless.
Any Christian who rejects God's law according to your teachings is no longer a righteous man but is lawless.

1 Timothy 1:9-10
9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;​

The Holy Spirit is the Christians guide and keeper, not the law. The law has been abolished for the Christian, Ephesians 2:15.

genuineoriginal

The Holy Spirit is the Christians guide and keeper, not the law. The law has been abolished for the Christian, Ephesians 2:15.

No lawless person is a Christian.
No Christian is lawless.

You do not know what you are talking about when you claim that the law has been abolished for Christians.
Christians are not free to break all the commandments of God with impunity.

Robert Pate

Banned
No lawless person is a Christian.
No Christian is lawless.

You do not know what you are talking about when you claim that the law has been abolished for Christians.
Christians are not free to break all the commandments of God with impunity.

Where there is law there is judgment and condemnation, this is why Paul said to the Galatians,

"Tell me that you desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law?" Galatians 4:21.

The law demands perfection, no one has it to offer, simply because, "There is none righteous, no, not one" Romans 3:10. "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" Romans 3:23.

Do you want to be judged by the law? Do you have a righteousness that will satisfy the demands of God's Holy Law.

This is why Paul said, "That I might be found in him (Jesus) not having my own righteousness that is of the law, but that which is of the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith" Philippians 3:9.

The only righteousness that God will accept in the judgment is the righteousness which is of God by faith. All righteousness that is of the law will perish.