Reconciled to God while enemies !

beloved57

Christ by His Death has wrought reconciliation between God and men. Now has He done a complete work of it ? Are any for whom He wrought this work for by His Cross yet unreconciled ? In order for reconciliation to be complete, the parties involved must be reconciled to one another, just one party reconciled won't do, that's incomplete, Remember this Matt 5:23-24

23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;

24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Reconciliation isn't complete in this Illustration. Yet many describe the Lords work of reconciliation in this incomplete fashion.

Now Christs work of reconciliation is complete and successful in that it by His death/blood hath eliminated/pacified Gods righteous wrath that He had towards the sins of His People. Yet there's still a problem because Gods people naturally have enmity and hatred towards God in their minds and hearts Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Col 1:20-21

20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

So Christ in order to be a complete reconciler , for Hs work to be perfect here, He must reconcile the mind, heart, and affections of these sinners He died for to God.

And this He doeth accomplish, read Col 1:21 again, notice "
you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled"

How did He accomplish this ? Col 1:22

22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

You see that ? Its accomplished by His Death !

So if anyone Christ died for isnt reconciled to God, experientially, with a new heart, mind and affections for God then it belies the the success of the reconciling work of Christs death, which God forbid !

marke

Christ by His Death has wrought reconciliation between God and men. Now has He done a complete work of it ? Are any for whom He wrought this work for by His Cross yet unreconciled ? In order for reconciliation to be complete, the parties involved must be reconciled to one another, just one party reconciled won't do, that's incomplete, Remember this Matt 5:23-24

23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee;

24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

Reconciliation isn't complete in this Illustration. Yet many describe the Lords work of reconciliation in this incomplete fashion.

Now Christs work of reconciliation is complete and successful in that it by His death/blood hath eliminated/pacified Gods righteous wrath that He had towards the sins of His People. Yet there's still a problem because Gods people naturally have enmity and hatred towards God in their minds and hearts Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Col 1:20-21

20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

So Christ in order to be a complete reconciler , for Hs work to be perfect here, He must reconcile the mind, heart, and affections of these sinners He died for to God.

And this He doeth accomplish, read Col 1:21 again, notice "
you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled"

How did He accomplish this ? Col 1:22

22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

You see that ? Its accomplished by His Death !

So if anyone Christ died for isnt reconciled to God, experientially, with a new heart, mind and affections for God then it belies the the success of the reconciling work of Christs death, which God forbid !
Claiming that nobody has to be reconciled to God on their own will just because God reconciled the entire world to Himself by Jesus' death on the cross is wrong. God did not save the entire world from their sins just because Jesus died for the sins of the world. Calvinists make a huge mistake by assuming God could not reconcile the world unto Himself unless He saved every sinner on earth.

Now that we are saved Jesus has commissioned us to go into all the world preaching the Gospel to every creature, teaching them to observe all things God has commanded and to be reconciled to God.

beloved57

Exactly who is the imperative "be ye reconciled to God" directed to ? 2 Cor 5:17-21

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

This passage context is a unified whole, and the imperative " be ye reconciled to God" has it object within the context. Let it be understood that the words " be ye reconciled to God" is not only an Divine imperative, but they're in the passive voice, meaning those being instructed are being at the same time acted upon. They are caused to be subjectively reconciled to God, its an New Covenant promised Blessing Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

So according to the tenor of the New Covenant Blessings given, the imperative given " be ye reconciled to God" and being caused to comply, its given to them in Vs 17 those designated a new creature in Christ.

Its the new creature that has been given the Spirit, a new Spirit and new Heart

Paul wrote to the Galatians Gal 6:15

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

So the imperative is not to men in general, dead in sin, in the flesh, but those who have been made alive and given a new heart by the Spirit of God.

Nanja

Exactly who is the imperative "be ye reconciled to God" directed to ? 2 Cor 5:17-21

This passage context is a unified whole, and the imperative " be ye reconciled to God" has it object within the context. Let it be understood that the words " be ye reconciled to God" is not only an Divine imperative, but they're in the passive voice, meaning those being instructed are being at the same time acted upon. They are caused to be subjectively reconciled to God, its an New Covenant promised Blessing Ezk 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

So according to the tenor of the New Covenant Blessings given, the imperative given " be ye reconciled to God" and being caused to comply, its given to them in Vs 17 those designated a new creature in Christ.

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.

So the imperative is not to men in general, dead in sin, in the flesh, but those who have been made alive and given a new heart by the Spirit of God.
Amen exactly !

marke

You are wrong. God is not telling 5 pointers not to worry about reconciling to God because he supposedly is going to do that for them for the great special love He has for them in spite of the burning wrath He has for everyone else for reasons not related to their acceptance or rejection of God.

Robert Pate

Banned
Rom 5:10

All for whom Christ died, have been reconciled to God, by His death alone, not by their obedience, not by their faith, not by their repentance, but even while they were being enemies, unbelievers, children of wrath as others BY NATURE, now if this be the case, their being reconciled, they cannot be under condemnation and wrath as others Jn 3:18,36 even while being unbelievers !

You see, they cannot be both condemned and under wrath as enemies and reconciled to God as enemies at the same time !
The scripture says, "And ALL THINGS are of God, who has reconciled us (all of humanity) to himself by Jesus Christ and has given us the ministry of reconciliation" (the preaching of the Gospel). God was in Christ, reconciling the WORLD unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto to them; and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation" (which is the Gospel) 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

This reconciliation took place over 2,000 years ago. Jesus is God's reconciler. We had nothing to do with Jesus reconciling us and the world unto God. The scripture says, "And you that were some times alienated in and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now has he reconciled" Colossians 1:21.

While we were unsaved, rebellious sinners, Jesus had already reconciled us into God, however, nothing is ours until it is received by faith. To be saved you must receive what God has done for you in Jesus Christ. You must receive the reconciliating work of Jesus.

beloved57

The scripture says, "And ALL THINGS are of God, who has reconciled us (all of humanity) to himself by Jesus Christ and has given us the ministry of reconciliation" (the preaching of the Gospel). God was in Christ, reconciling the WORLD unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto to them; and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation" (which is the Gospel) 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

This reconciliation took place over 2,000 years ago. Jesus is God's reconciler. We had nothing to do with Jesus reconciling us and the world unto God. The scripture says, "And you that were some times alienated in and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now has he reconciled" Colossians 1:21.

While we were unsaved, rebellious sinners, Jesus had already reconciled us into God, however, nothing is ours until it is received by faith. To be saved you must receive what God has done for you in Jesus Christ. You must receive the reconciliating work of Jesus.
According to Rom 5:10 what was the state of them who were reconciled to God by the Death of His Son ?

marke

According to Rom 5:10 what was the state of them who were reconciled to God by the Death of His Son ?
Christians are intimately reconciled to God by the death of Jesus and by seeking His forgiveness for sins and salvation on the basis of that sacrifice. God has made intimate personal reconciliation possible by removing the curse on the whole human race that came because of Adam's sin. Nobody could have been saved if God had not removed the universal curse on all of humanity. Even though God reconciled the world to Himself on the cross, each individual sinner must move toward God personally in orf]=der to receive personal forgiveness for his own sins, which is why Jesus told Nicodemus (and all sinners) "Ye must be born again." In other words, Nicodemus, "Ye must be reconciled to God."

2 Corinthians 5

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

As for Romans 5, we can see it is referring to all sinners, not just Christians.

Romans 5

14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

The free gift came upon all men, not just Christians.

beloved57

RECONCILIATION

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. Romans 5:10

One of the most common bookkeeping tasks that the average person has to take care of on a regular basis is that of reconciling their checking account. Quite often there are discrepancies between what a person thinks they have as a balance in their account and what the bank statement shows that they have. Therefore, it is necessary to do a “reconciliation” in order to have a mutual agreement as to the remaining balance. I have discovered over the years that the bank is seldom the one in error but nonetheless the reconciliation of the account must take place as proof of that fact.

Reconciliation can be defined as a mutual agreement. It literally means to exchange one coin for others of equal value. A reconciliation takes place each time we buy something from the store and we receive the goods we purchased along with the change from the money we gave in exchange for those goods. In order for reconciliation to take place the purchaser and the seller must agree on the value of that which changes hands.

Paul said we were “reconciled to GOD by the death of HIS SON” while we were yet enemies. This plainly indicates that GOD was engaged in providing something for us before we were ever aware of it and even while we were in total rebellion against HIM.

The scripture unmistakably says that “God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.” (Psa 7:11) HE goes on to say, “If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me. I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy. Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people.” (Deut 32:41-43)

Now it seems clear to us that those whom GOD is pleased to call HIS enemies are those who HE has fitted for destruction. (see Rom.9:22; Acts 17:26) HE will laugh when their calamity cometh and have them in derision, (see Ps.2:4) HE will not at all acquit the wicked nor by any means clear the guilty. (see Nahum 1:3; Ex.34:7)

Yet we read that there are some who are under “no condemnation”, there are some for whom CHRIST shed HIS precious blood to purchase their redemption. We are certain that GOD does not change HIS mind since HE is immutable. So, has HE quit being angry at some? Or is it not true that HE has never been angry nor an enemy of those whom HE has loved with an everlasting love, those who are chosen in CHRIST before the foundation of the world.

They have ever been the objects of HIS love even before the creation took place and HE has never needed to be reconciled to them because of this affection. They are the apple of HIS eye, HIS precious possession. So, what does the scripture mean when it says we were enemies and HE has reconciled us to HIMSELF? I think that there is a two fold answer.

The first is that the only reconciliation that HE has required is that which has been brought about by the fact that HE has subjected HIS elect bride to the requirements of HIS holy law. She has hopelessly disobeyed that law and brought herself under its condemnation. HE will not disregard the law under which HE made her subject so in order to be just and her JUSTIFIER, HE has come into the world made in the likeness of sinful flesh and has suffered the curse of the law in her behalf, being made sin for her. HE is fully satisfied with that sin offering made by JESUS CHRIST the RIGHTEOUS and has delivered her forever from the penalty and destruction which the law demanded for all who break it.

The elect of GOD were born into this world with the imputed sin of Adam hanging about their neck, and according to the scriptures were by nature the children of wrath even as others, even though not appointed unto wrath. (see Eph.2:3; I Thes.5:9) The scripture says“And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled “ (Col 1:21) by the body (or death) of JESUS CHRIST. HE is not our enemy, but we have been raging against HIS precepts from the moment of our conception and have hated HIS way as well as HIS Kingship. We have declared ourselves to be HIS enemies and it is while we were in such a state as that, that HE has seen fit to provide the means and basis of our reconciliation both as concerns the broken law and as to our recognition of that very justification.

But in order for reconciliation to fully take place there must be a mutual agreement. The account is fully settled as far as GOD is concerned. HE has provided both the ALTAR and the SACRIFICE. HE has paid every last farthing that was owed. No corrections can be made to this account. The balance reads, “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus.”(Rom 8:1) “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Rom 6:23)

This was all true while we were yet in the gall of bitterness and our mouths breathed out threatenings and slaughters. While we fulfilled the lusts of our flesh and mind and lived as the heathen do. We even (from time to time) might have gotten the bank statement in the mail yet we were too rebellious to consider its truth or unconvinced that this balance was correct. We were as yet unreconciled to GOD even though HE put HIS hand in by the door. We were even as Gomer, whom Hosea loved, “For she did not know that I gave her corn, and wine, and oil, and multiplied her silver and gold, which they prepared for Baal.” (Hos 2:8)

But thanks be unto GOD, that in the fullness of time, when it pleased HIM to reveal HIS SON in us, HE “brought life and immortality to light through the gospel” (2Tim 1:10) HE caused us to hear with our ears and see with our eyes the unsearchable riches of that which HE has prepared for all of those who are in CHRIST. The envelope which held the statement fell open in our hands and we read it with weeping eyes, paid in full, paid in full. HE gave us faith and we believed it and now every time we pick up this bible or hear some messenger sent from GOD to proclaim this glorious truth to us, we are ever more certain that the BANK is right, we are reconciled to GOD by the death of HIS SON, we have thrown down our arms of rebellion. We have kissed the SON. HE is our MASTER and LORD. We have confessed with Job of old, “Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him:” (Job 13:15)

Then the evidence of this reconciliation is seen as Paul said “much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life”. This is exactly what he meant when he said, “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” (Gal 2:20)

HE has now given us this “ministry of reconciliation” that we might publish the glad tidings to sinners far and near, and know that it will be heard by as many as the LORD our GOD shall call.

mam http://www.gracechapelobrien.net/gg_07_25.html

marke

RECONCILIATION

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. Romans 5:10

One of the most common bookkeeping tasks that the average person has to take care of on a regular basis is that of reconciling their checking account. Quite often there are discrepancies between what a person thinks they have as a balance in their account and what the bank statement shows that they have. Therefore, it is necessary to do a “reconciliation” in order to have a mutual agreement as to the remaining balance. I have discovered over the years that the bank is seldom the one in error but nonetheless the reconciliation of the account must take place as proof of that fact.

Reconciliation can be defined as a mutual agreement. It literally means to exchange one coin for others of equal value. A reconciliation takes place each time we buy something from the store and we receive the goods we purchased along with the change from the money we gave in exchange for those goods. In order for reconciliation to take place the purchaser and the seller must agree on the value of that which changes hands.

Paul said we were “reconciled to GOD by the death of HIS SON” while we were yet enemies. This plainly indicates that GOD was engaged in providing something for us before we were ever aware of it and even while we were in total rebellion against HIM.

The scripture unmistakably says that “God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.” (Psa 7:11) HE goes on to say, “If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me. I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy. Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people.” (Deut 32:41-43)

Now it seems clear to us that those whom GOD is pleased to call HIS enemies are those who HE has fitted for destruction. (see Rom.9:22; Acts 17:26) HE will laugh when their calamity cometh and have them in derision, (see Ps.2:4) HE will not at all acquit the wicked nor by any means clear the guilty. (see Nahum 1:3; Ex.34:7)

Yet we read that there are some who are under “no condemnation”, there are some for whom CHRIST shed HIS precious blood to purchase their redemption. We are certain that GOD does not change HIS mind since HE is immutable. So, has HE quit being angry at some? Or is it not true that HE has never been angry nor an enemy of those whom HE has loved with an everlasting love, those who are chosen in CHRIST before the foundation of the world.

They have ever been the objects of HIS love even before the creation took place and HE has never needed to be reconciled to them because of this affection. They are the apple of HIS eye, HIS precious possession. So, what does the scripture mean when it says we were enemies and HE has reconciled us to HIMSELF? I think that there is a two fold answer.

The first is that the only reconciliation that HE has required is that which has been brought about by the fact that HE has subjected HIS elect bride to the requirements of HIS holy law. She has hopelessly disobeyed that law and brought herself under its condemnation. HE will not disregard the law under which HE made her subject so in order to be just and her JUSTIFIER, HE has come into the world made in the likeness of sinful flesh and has suffered the curse of the law in her behalf, being made sin for her. HE is fully satisfied with that sin offering made by JESUS CHRIST the RIGHTEOUS and has delivered her forever from the penalty and destruction which the law demanded for all who break it.

The elect of GOD were born into this world with the imputed sin of Adam hanging about their neck, and according to the scriptures were by nature the children of wrath even as others, even though not appointed unto wrath. (see Eph.2:3; I Thes.5:9) The scripture says“And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled “ (Col 1:21) by the body (or death) of JESUS CHRIST. HE is not our enemy, but we have been raging against HIS precepts from the moment of our conception and have hated HIS way as well as HIS Kingship. We have declared ourselves to be HIS enemies and it is while we were in such a state as that, that HE has seen fit to provide the means and basis of our reconciliation both as concerns the broken law and as to our recognition of that very justification.

But in order for reconciliation to fully take place there must be a mutual agreement. The account is fully settled as far as GOD is concerned. HE has provided both the ALTAR and the SACRIFICE. HE has paid every last farthing that was owed. No corrections can be made to this account. The balance reads, “There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus.”(Rom 8:1) “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Rom 6:23)

This was all true while we were yet in the gall of bitterness and our mouths breathed out threatenings and slaughters. While we fulfilled the lusts of our flesh and mind and lived as the heathen do. We even (from time to time) might have gotten the bank statement in the mail yet we were too rebellious to consider its truth or unconvinced that this balance was correct. We were as yet unreconciled to GOD even though HE put HIS hand in by the door. We were even as Gomer, whom Hosea loved, “For she did not know that I gave her corn, and wine, and oil, and multiplied her silver and gold, which they prepared for Baal.” (Hos 2:8)

But thanks be unto GOD, that in the fullness of time, when it pleased HIM to reveal HIS SON in us, HE “brought life and immortality to light through the gospel” (2Tim 1:10) HE caused us to hear with our ears and see with our eyes the unsearchable riches of that which HE has prepared for all of those who are in CHRIST. The envelope which held the statement fell open in our hands and we read it with weeping eyes, paid in full, paid in full. HE gave us faith and we believed it and now every time we pick up this bible or hear some messenger sent from GOD to proclaim this glorious truth to us, we are ever more certain that the BANK is right, we are reconciled to GOD by the death of HIS SON, we have thrown down our arms of rebellion. We have kissed the SON. HE is our MASTER and LORD. We have confessed with Job of old, “Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him:” (Job 13:15)

Then the evidence of this reconciliation is seen as Paul said “much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life”. This is exactly what he meant when he said, “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” (Gal 2:20)

HE has now given us this “ministry of reconciliation” that we might publish the glad tidings to sinners far and near, and know that it will be heard by as many as the LORD our GOD shall call.

mam http://www.gracechapelobrien.net/gg_07_25.html
Reconciliation may have been made for every Jew alive, but there is no way that every Jew alive was one of the elect, born again believers in God.

2 Chronicles 29:24
And the priests killed them, and they made reconciliation with their blood upon the altar, to make an atonement for all Israel: for the king commanded that the burnt offering and the sin offering should be made for all Israel.

beloved57

For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son; much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His life" Rom 5:10

10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

Yes, when we[Gods Elect] were "enemies," God’s enemies hateful towards Him we were "reconciled," that is, restored unto His favor, and that, not by the Spirit’s work in us conquering our enmity, but by "the death" the propitiatory sacrifice of God’s Son. That this statement refers to the turning away of God’s anger from us and the restoring us to His favor is clear from the previous verse 9: "Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him." Now to be "justified is the same as God’s being reconciled to us, His acceptance of us into His favor, and not our conversion to Him. Being "justified by His blood" points to the procuring cause of our justification/reconciliation, and that blood was shed that we might be "saved from wrath." God is now placated toward us, because His wrath was drained out upon our Surety and Substitute.. Even while we were being His enemies !

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of His Son; much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by His life" Rom 5:10

10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.

Yes, when we[Gods Elect] were "enemies," God’s enemies hateful towards Him we were "reconciled," that is, restored unto His favor, and that, not by the Spirit’s work in us conquering our enmity, but by "the death" the propitiatory sacrifice of God’s Son. That this statement refers to the turning away of God’s anger from us and the restoring us to His favor is clear from the previous verse 9: "Much more then, being now justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him." Now to be "justified is the same as God’s being reconciled to us, His acceptance of us into His favor, and not our conversion to Him. Being "justified by His blood" points to the procuring cause of our justification/reconciliation, and that blood was shed that we might be "saved from wrath." God is now placated toward us, because His wrath was drained out upon our Surety and Substitute.. Even while we were being His enemies !

The only reason God has enemies at all is because He made them to BE His enemies, according to your theology.

Your theology makes God out to be the arsonist AND the fireman who saves you from the fire consuming your home, INHERENTLY UNJUST!

marke

The whole world was at enmity with God when Jesus was made the propitiation for the sins of the entire world, reconciling the entire world to God.

beloved57

The whole world was at enmity with God when Jesus was made the propitiation for the sins of the entire world, reconciling the entire world to God.
No the whole world isn't reconciled to God, because the whole world isn't saved. Only the saved within the whole world were reconciled to God by the death of His Son. How do we know this ? Because those reconciled to God by Christs death, having been reconciled, are saved by His Life. Rom 5:10

Now shall the whole entire world be saved by His Life ? No, many people shall be lost. So its quite clear Christ didn't die for everyone, and reconciled them to God, since the reconciled shall be saved, and the rest shall be lost. The only way to escape this most reasonable and scriptural conclusion, is for one to espouse the heresy of universalism, that all without exception shall be saved. Is that what you believe ? For you to say the whole world is reconciled to God, makes you believe in universalism.

marke

No the whole world isn't reconciled to God, because the whole world isn't saved. Only the saved within the whole world were reconciled to God by the death of His Son. How do we know this ? Because those reconciled to God by Christs death, having been reconciled, are saved by His Life. Rom 5:10

Now shall the whole entire world be saved by His Life ? No, many people shall be lost. So its quite clear Christ didn't die for everyone, and reconciled them to God, since the reconciled shall be saved, and the rest shall be lost. The only way to escape this most reasonable and scriptural conclusion, is for one to espouse the heresy of universalism, that all without exception shall be saved. Is that what you believe ? For you to say the whole world is reconciled to God, makes you believe in universalism.
God reconciled the world to Himself but clearly instructs His disciples to go into all the world and instruct sinners that they still need to reconcile themselves to God. God did not save sinners by what He did on sinners' behalf, but did make it possible by what He did that sinners might be made the righteousness of God.

2 Corinthians 5

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

beloved57

God reconciled the world to Himself but clearly instructs His disciples to go into all the world and instruct sinners that they still need to reconcile themselves to God. God did not save sinners by what He did on sinners' behalf, but did make it possible by what He did that sinners might be made the righteousness of God.

2 Corinthians 5

What you are not seeing/understanding, is that the world that Christ died for and reconciled, the same shall be saved by His Life Rom 5:10, that is Spiritual Salvation. Now we know all people individually will not be saved, so it should be easily concluded, that world in 2nd Cor 5:19 isnt everyone without exception, its people[elect] of different ethnicities. Remember Paul told the Corinthians they were the called and chosen in the 1st letter 1 Cor 1:26-27

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

so 2 Cor 5 19 is the world of the called and chosen ! Its not going to be any excuse in the day of Judgment for people not knowing that the word world didnt mean everyone without exception in biblical usage.

marke

What you are not seeing/understanding, is that the world that Christ died for and reconciled, the same shall be saved by His Life Rom 5:10, that is Spiritual Salvation. Now we know all people individually will not be saved, so it should be easily concluded, that world in 2nd Cor 5:19 isnt everyone without exception, its people[elect] of different ethnicities. Remember Paul told the Corinthians they were the called and chosen in the 1st letter 1 Cor 1:26-27

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

so 2 Cor 5 19 is the world of the called and chosen ! Its not going to be any excuse in the day of Judgment for people not knowing that the word world didnt mean everyone without exception in biblical usage.
God reconciled the world unto Himself so that sinners might be made the righteousness of God if only they obey His command to reconcile themselves to God.