Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No the whole world isn't reconciled to God, because the whole world isn't saved. Only the saved within the whole world were reconciled to God by the death of His Son. How do we know this ? Because those reconciled to God by Christs death, having been reconciled, are saved by His Life. Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Now shall the whole entire world be saved by His Life ? No, many people shall be lost. So its quite clear Christ didn't die for everyone, and reconciled them to God, since the reconciled shall be saved, and the rest shall be lost. The only way to escape this most reasonable and scriptural conclusion, is for one to espouse the heresy of universalism, that all without exception shall be saved. Is that what you believe ? For you to say the whole world is reconciled to God, makes you believe in universalism.
2 Corinthians 5:19
“That is, that God was in Christ RECONCILING THE ****WORLD****TO HIMSELF, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.”

(Beloved57 says these words do not mean what the say in 3….2….1)

beloved57

2 Corinthians 5:19
“That is, that God was in Christ RECONCILING THE ****WORLD****TO HIMSELF, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.”

(Beloved57 says these words do not mean what the say in 3….2….1)
I believe what it says, I just know world there doesnt mean every individual. Plus the world there is blameless before God, because God doesnt charge or impute sin to it. To ne guitless. So anyone with any understanding knows its not everybody without exception, for plenty of folk have their sins charged to them. Like whrn Jesus tells people in the last day Matt 7:23

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I believe what it says, I just know world there doesnt mean every individual.
Wouldn’t it have been easier for Him to just say, He reconciled **some*** to Himself? He reconciled ****the chosen*** to Himself? He reconciled the ****elect**** to Himself? Why say *the world*? We know He says He’s not the author of confusion. Why would He want to make this confusing?

Last edited:

Hoping

Wouldn’t it have been easier for Him to just say, He reconciled **some*** to Himself? He reconciled ****the chosen*** to Himself? He reconciled the ****elect**** to Himself? Why say *the world*? We know He says He’s not the author of confusion. Why would He want to make this confusing?
Good point.
God put the "key to escape" on the "table", but it is up to us to pick it up and use it.