Real Science Radio: Brought To You by the Number Three

Silent Hunter

:AMR:

:AMR:
As usual you fail to understand the significance of . . . anything at all.

Nope. It is a fact. Plenty of Christians believe people evolved from fish.
Nope . . . that is NOT what you said . . . therefore you built a straw man in an attempt to distract with, " Were you hoping to gain something by saying this?"

Now, perhaps you can explain the significance of such a thing. Or was your comment a complete non sequitur aimed only at distracting people from the paucity of your contributions?
Red herring.

:wave:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Actually, you didn't ask me for anything.
That's right, I was talking to gcthomas and you butted in. Why am I not surprised?

I was curious as to what 'other forces' you were referring to and so asked, but you seem unable or unwilling to explain what you meant. But that's okay, I've come not to expect anything more from you.
The other forces depend upon the evidence offered, nitwit.

For instance [and I can't believe I have to explain this to you] the theory is that time is dilated by fluctuations in gravity and velocity, because atomic clocks slow down and speed up depending on the parameters of each. But it has been noted that the atoms themselves are affected by these factors and thus the clocks would react the same way because of the atoms reactions to the environment, thus it is not proof that time itself is affected.

When you are unable to explain something you respond with an ad hominem, how . . . typical.
And what, exactly, is it that I was unable to explain? Oh, that's right, you didn't ask for an explanation; you made a snide comment and got called an idiot for it. Stop whining, you sniveling little crybaby.

You don't seem to understand TIME at all. See also . . . this and . . . this.
I understand it perfectly fine. It is not timey-wimey, wibbly-wobbly, no matter what the Doctor might say. It isn't happening simultaneously. and all measurements of it are arbitrary, immaterial and intangible. We can not see it, touch/feel it, smell it, hear it or taste it. Nor can we do those things with the seconds, minutes or hours. We cannot look back over those that have passed or those yet to come. We cannot re-experience the past or participate in the future. We can only be in the now; the ever passing moment.

A great many christians believe that their deity can move back and forth through time. How odd that you question that belief.
The Bible never gives any indication that God can do such a thing.

You NEVER have a point to make . . . just . . . insults.
Your lack of understanding does not negate my point out of existence; all this tells us is that you are quite too insipid to recognize them.

See above.
Great comeback.:rolleyes:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A great many christians believe that their deity can move back and forth through time. How odd that you question that belief.

A lot of Christians are evolutionists. Of what relevance is your statement?

Silent Hunter

And what, exactly, is it that I was unable to explain?
The trinity . . . without talking in . . . circles.

Oh, that's right, you didn't ask for an explanation; you made a snide comment and got called an idiot for it. Stop whining, you sniveling little crybaby.
Ad hominems are all you ever have to offer . . . :sigh:.

I understand it perfectly fine. It is not timey-wimey, wibbly-wobbly, no matter what the Doctor might say. It isn't happening simultaneously. and all measurements of it are arbitrary, immaterial and intangible. We can not see it, touch/feel it, smell it, hear it or taste it. Nor can we do those things with the seconds, minutes or hours. We cannot look back over those that have passed or those yet to come. We cannot re-experience the past or participate in the future. We can only be in the now; the ever passing moment.
So? Does time exist or not?

The Bible never gives any indication that God can do such a thing.
Yeah . . . the bible doesn't say much of anything about what christians believe about him/her/it.

Your lack of understanding does not negate my point out of existence; all this tells us is that you are quite too insipid to recognize them.
You made a point? Since when is your habit of spewing ad hominems making a point?

Great comeback.
See above.

Lordkalvan

That's right, I was talking to gcthomas and you butted in. Why am I not surprised?
Why am I not surprised that you don't seem to understand that the opportunity to comment on posts in a public forum is not limited to the person to whom they are addressed?
The other forces depend upon the evidence offered, nitwit.
Well, I would have thought they depend on whether they exist or not.
For instance [and I can't believe I have to explain this to you] the theory is that time is dilated by fluctuations in gravity and velocity, because atomic clocks slow down and speed up depending on the parameters of each. But it has been noted that the atoms themselves are affected by these factors and thus the clocks would react the same way because of the atoms reactions to the environment, thus it is not proof that time itself is affected.
I can't believe that you regard this garbled understanding as an explanation of anything. Particles have been observed and measured as being affected by relativistic effects independently of the devices used to measure elapsed time. For example, experiments at the Alternating Gradient Synchrotron at Brookhaven National Laboratory in the late 1990s showed that when accelerated to 99.94% of the speed of c, the extended 'life' of muons of about 400 laps (against the 15 laps that their 2.2 microsecond lives would otherwise allow) exactly matched the predictions of Einstein's theory of relativistic effects.

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
The trinity . . . without talking in . . . circles.
That's interesting, seeing as how no one asked me to explain it.

Ad hominems are all you ever have to offer . . . :sigh:.
Oh, look! Someone doesn't know the definition of "ad hominem."

So? Does time exist or not?
Depnds how you're defining time.

Yeah . . . the bible doesn't say much of anything about what christians believe about him/her/it.
Do what?

P.S.
Intentional blasphemy ["him/her/it" in reference to God] is against the rules on TOL.

You made a point? Since when is your habit of spewing ad hominems making a point?
My point was that time doesn't work as a dimension the way the dimensions of space do. To which you agreed while intending to insult and believing I was disagreeing with that notion. That's how stupid you are.

See above.
Now you're just being lazy, stealing lines.

Why am I not surprised that you don't seem to understand that the opportunity to comment on posts in a public forum is not limited to the person to whom they are addressed?
I understand that perfectly fine. I never said otherwise. But the initial comment to which you responded was me asking for something which I never got. Not from you, who butted into the conversation, nor from gcthomas, to whom, the inquiry was directed.

Well, I would have thought they depend on whether they exist or not.
And that's because you can't think any further than the tip of your nose.

I can't believe that you regard this garbled understanding as an explanation of anything. Particles have been observed and measured as being affected by relativistic effects independently of the devices used to measure elapsed time. For example, experiments at the Alternating Gradient Synchrotron at Brookhaven National Laboratory in the late 1990s showed that when accelerated to 99.94% of the speed of c, the extended 'life' of muons of about 400 laps (against the 15 laps that their 2.2 microsecond lives would otherwise allow) exactly matched the predictions of Einstein's theory of relativistic effects.
I never argued otherwise.

Silent Hunter

That's interesting, seeing as how no one asked me to explain it.
You couldn't . . . even if you . . . tried.

Oh, look! Someone doesn't know the definition of "ad hominem."
Oh, look! Someone doesn't know that they are the very definition of ad hominem.

Depnds how you're defining time.
Time exists regardless of how it is defined.

You heard me.

P.S.
Intentional blasphemy
Really? How so? What sex is YOUR deity?

["him/her/it" in reference to God] is against the rules on TOL.
Really? Show me. EVERY time I have EVER referred to the christian deity's supposed sex I use the masculine, feminine, and indefinite pronouns because no one seems to know what sex he/she/it is.

My point was that time doesn't work as a dimension the way the dimensions of space do.
Of course not . . . it is -- wait for it -- TIME.

Last edited:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
You couldn't . . . even if you . . . tried.
One God in three persons. What's so hard about that?

Oh, look! Someone doesn't know that they are the very definition of ad hominem.

The ad hominem fallacy occurs when one asserts that somebody's claim is wrong because of something about the person making the claim.

cite

I never said your claims were wrong simply because you're an idiot. Nor did I say you can't be trusted in anything because of your stupidity. I also did not simply call you a moron without first trying to explain the issue to you. It was your failure to understand my reasoned explanation that led to me recognizing you as the imbecile you are.

Time exists regardless of how it is defined.
:doh:

If one defines "horse" as an animal with the head of an eagle, the body of a direwolf and the tail of a beaver then that "horse" does not exist.

I am in no way arguing that horses don't exist because of that.

So, try again. How do you define time?

You heard me.
That doesn't mean your blathering made any sense. Try being specific.

Really? How so? What sex is YOUR deity?
He identifies Himself in the masculine, in all interactions wherein it comes up; not to mention that Jesus was most definitely male.

Really? Show me. EVERY time I have EVER referred to the christian deity's supposed sex I use the masculine, feminine, and indefinite pronouns because no one seems to know what sex he/she/it is.
This is TOL, wherein the Judeo-Christian God is recognized as masculine.

Of course not . . . it is -- wait for it -- TIME.
No kidding. You still haven't successfully argued that it is in fact a dimension.