Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
RSR: Brought To You by the Number Three

This is the show from Friday September 20th, 2013

Summary:

three.jpg

* Bob Enyart to Speak on Creation in Denver: The Rocky Mountain Creation Fellowship group has invited Bob to speak Friday evening, October 11 at 7 p.m. The event is free and offers refreshments and the service of a creation library. Check out the details at DenverCreation.org and although it's not necessary, please RSVP to Bob@RealScienceRadio.com.

* Made in God's Triune Image: After a couple science news items, Real Science Radio hosts Bob Enyart and Fred Williams talk about God saying, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness..." (Gen. 1:26). God exists as three persons in one Trinity! Man also, as it turns out, has a triune nature.

* Three in the Bible: Consider the Bible's extraordinary use of this number. Christ was three days in the tomb, which Jonah’s three days foreshadowed, as did Abraham’s three days of thinking that he would sacrifice his son Isaac on that same hill called Golgotha, the Skull, and Mt. Moriah (Gen. 22:14; 2 Chron. 3:1). Israel's three patriarchs are Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The priestly tribe of Levi is from Jacob's third child (Gen. 29:34), as Leviticus is the third book of the Bible. And the day the law was given, the sons of Levi killed “about three thousand men” (Ex. 32:28), whereas the day the Spirit was given, “that day about three thousand souls" were saved (Acts 2:41; and see 2 Cor. 3:6).

The Hebrew Scriptures comprise three sections, the Law, the Prophets, and the Writings (Luke 24:44), and God created three archangels. The most noteworthy women are Eve, Sarah, and Mary. The magi brought gold, frankincense and myrrh. Three persons (one being the Son) started their public service at thirty years of age: Joseph (Gen. 41:46), a deliverer of his people; David (2 Sam. 5:4) seated on the messianic throne (2 Sam. 7:12-13); and "Jesus Himself began His ministry at about thirty years of age" (Luke 3:23). God could have led Esther to fast for two days, or four; and He could have kept Jonah in the whale for one day, or a week, but three days and three nights prefigures God’s plan of salvation for Christ’s time in the grave. For Jesus "rose again the third day according to the Scriptures" (1 Cor. 15:4). And thus, the triune Christian God, the mystery of the Trinity, Three Persons in One God, is the one God whose testimony we can trust (answering both the philosophical problem of the origin of the one and the many, and Euthyphro's Dilemma by Socrates), having imprinted our world and even ourselves with His triune nature.

* Three in Nature: The number three manifested in Scripture turns the Christian's attention outward to see space existing in three dimensions, height, width, and length, as does time in past, present and future. The electromagnetic force operates in positive, negative, and neutral, and in light, red, green, and blue blend into the hues of the rainbow whereas and in pigment the three primary colors are red, yellow, and blue. We human beings on this third planet from the Sun experience matter primarily in three states, solid, liquid, and gas. The strongest shape for building is the triangle. Writers often give three examples and artists group in threes as in interior design, sculpting, and even movie directors, as they have the word trilogy (1, 2, 3) but no word for any other number of films. Physicist Richard Feynman in his book QED asked how many fundamental actions are there to account for nearly all phenomena in the universe regarding light and electricity to which he answered: "There are Three!" Photographers use the rule of thirds. Genetic scientists discovered that the language of DNA uses only three-letter words. And so we humans are body, soul, and spirit (1 Thes. 5:23), made in the image of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

And mankind is made in God's image and likeness, image referring to our form, and likeness to our essence as sentient, morally-responsible persons. Regardless of Charles Darwin's hope for evidence that apes eventually began standing erect, the thousands of kinds of animals made by God, along with all the four-footed beasts, have a stooped stance and look to the ground, whereas men and women stand upright with a heavenly gaze. For the first thing that God created was a form, that is, an image, for the eternal Son to indwell (Col. 1:15; Rev. 3:14: Heb. 1:3; 5:5; 10:5; 2 Cor. 4:4; John 1:14; Phil. 2:5-6; 1 Tim. 2:5; Rev. 1:13-18). And in that image "He made man," and not in the image of apes (see AmericanRTL.org/Darwin). But He made them "male and female" as Christ affirmed (Mark 10:6), "from the beginning of creation." Moses wrote in Hebrew and the Latin translation is imago Dei: "So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them (Gen. 1:27). And because a fish is not made in God's image, one can eat another without guilt, and it is impossible to "murder" a tomato or a turkey, but murder can be committed only against a human being. For God prohibited the shedding of innocent blood, "for in the image of God He made man" (Gen. 9:6).

Today's Resource: For our BEL Telethon, please consider one of our monthly subscriptions that will not only help support BEL, but they also promote better understanding of the Bible and will equip you to be a better witness to those around you.

Jukia

But there are 2 sexes Are we missing one? There is night and day--a third? Billions of stars, not just three. Is there a third Testament in addition to Old and New?

Isn't it nice for Pastor Bob to cherry pick numbers? Just like Christians being able to cherry pick verses.

Lordkalvan

But there are 2 sexes Are we missing one? There is night and day--a third? Billions of stars, not just three. Is there a third Testament in addition to Old and New?

Isn't it nice for Pastor Bob to cherry pick numbers? Just like Christians being able to cherry pick verses.
Yep, it's not as if there aren't more than three dimensions - and as 'abouts' get admitted into the wondrous world of trichromatry, I'm rather wondering what might be excluded as confirming 'evidence' for the hypothesis.

Last edited:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Oh, no. I think you just destroyed the entire argument. :chuckle:
it's not as if there aren't more than three dimensions
Only for mathematicians.
I'm rather wondering what might be excluded as confirming 'evidence' fir the hypothesis.
And what was that hypothesis?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Oh, no. I think you just destroyed the entire argument. :chuckle:
Only for mathematicians.And what was that hypothesis?
I'm still trying to figure out why they even care about this particular subject. They don't believe the Bible to be true as we do, and certainly don't believe there even is a God, so why do they care what we might happen to believe testifies to His triune nature from within that which we believe to be His inspired word?

What I'm saying is these atheists don't make a lick of sense.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm still trying to figure out why they even care about this particular subject. They don't believe the Bible to be true as we do, and certainly don't believe there even is a God, so why do they care what we might happen to believe testifies to His triune nature from within that which we believe to be His inspired word?What I'm saying is these atheists don't make a lick of sense.
:chuckle:

It is difficult for them to make sense when they reject the very source of life and logic.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
It's an argument? It looks more like an exercise in cherry-picking confirmation bias.

Um, no.

Man has a 'triune nature' and things in threes appear in wondrous ways, apparently. Weren't you paying attention?
Why do you even care about this particular subject?

But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
-1 Corinthians 2:14

Lordkalvan

Why do you even care about this particular subject?
I don't 'care' insofar as I regard the whole thing as little more than frivolous nonsense. However, this is a public forum and, as far as I am aware, members can contribute comments to anything that they like, so long as they do not violate board rules.
But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
-1 Corinthians 2:14
Assumes that there are 'things of the Spirit of God' to receive in the first place, but I suppose it makes those who think there are and that they have feel better in themselves and superior to others.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I don't 'care' insofar as I regard the whole thing as little more than frivolous nonsense. However, this is a public forum and, as far as I am aware, members can contribute comments to anything that they like, so long as they do not violate board rules.

Assumes that there are 'things of the Spirit of God' to receive in the first place, but I suppose it makes those who think there are and that they have feel better in themselves and superior to others.
And you assume there isn't, so why do you care? What's your interest in this particular subject? You clearly have no dog in this hunt, so why are you bothering to bother with it? It appears to me you are solely attempting to bother us/be a pest.

Lordkalvan

And you assume there isn't, so why do you care? What's your interest in this particular subject? You clearly have no dog in this hunt, so why are you bothering to bother with it? It appears to me you are solely attempting to bother us/be a pest.
Fatuous nonsense is something everyone should care about and if someone is prepared to put it in the public domain, if it draws attention and comment why be surprised? A simple solution to your sense of being bothered by my comments would be simply for you to ignore them, rather than eliciting further remarks by questioning me about them. But maybe that would be too obvious?

Lordkalvan

There are three dimensions. It is called reality.
Even classical physics recognises four - three of space and one of time. Just like, despite the assertion in the OP, there are not three states of matter that we experience, but four. But hey, if you need to fudge the figures to fit your version of 'reality' and to make the argument 'work', don't let anything as inconvenient as facts get in the way.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Fatuous nonsense is something everyone should care about and if someone is prepared to put it in the public domain, if it draws attention and comment why be surprised? A simple solution to your sense of being bothered by my comments would be simply for you to ignore them, rather than eliciting further remarks by questioning me about them. But maybe that would be too obvious?
You don't believe there is a God, so for you to ridicule someone for what they believe testifies to something of God's nature, according to the sacred text of the particular religion is ludicrous, at the least.

Especially when nothing you've said thus far refutes the idea that these things testify to His triune nature.

Even classical physics recognises four - three of space and one of time. Just like, despite the assertion in the OP, there are not three states of matter that we experience, but four. But hey, if you need to fudge the figures to fit your version of 'reality' and to make the argument 'work', don't let anything as inconvenient as facts get in the way.
Time works as a dimension only in philosophical reasoning when discussing events.

Lordkalvan

You don't believe there is a God, so for you to ridicule someone for what they believe testifies to something of God's nature, according to the sacred text of the particular religion is ludicrous, at the least.
What is ridiculed is the lengths gone to to validate this belief by fudging facts.
Especially when nothing you've said thus far refutes the idea that these things testify to His triune nature.
Of course they testify to no such thing, especially as some of them can only be contrived to reflect any such 'triune nature'.
Time works as a dimension only in philosophical reasoning when discussing events.
Um, no it doesn't, hence it's position in classical physics as a 'fourth' dimension.

Last edited:

GuySmiley

Why would you spend your time discussing frivolous nonsense? That question is meant to be serious as I've often wondered why non's participate here.

I don't believe in bigfoot. I assume there is an internet forum somewhere for people who do believe in bigfoot, I dont really know I've never looked for one. I consider the existence of bigfoot to be frivolous nonsense. Why would I spend time on a forum discussing the non-exitence of bigfoot? Why spend time mocking people who do believe in bigfoot? What would it say about me as a person if I did spend time mocking people who believe in bigfoot?

Dont get me wrong, I'm glad you non's are here, it would be pretty boring just cyber-high-fiving each other about how right we are.