Real Science Radio: Brought To You by the Number Three

Lordkalvan

Evolutionists. :chuckle:

I just finished saying exactly that in my previous posts in very clear terms.
Just like to be certain I am not misrepresenting you. Would that be a bad thing to do in creationist circles?
I have no hypothesis. Just a simple concept that you should very easily agree with: The success of a mathematical model is no evidence that it's components represent physical elements of reality.
No hypothesis, huh? Then how do you explain the correspondence of what you describe as 'a mathematical model' with observed, measured phenomena and the ability of that 'mathematical model' to make successful predictions about those phenomena? Given that you regard the success of the model to be no evidence that it represents 'physical elements of reality' and as you have no alternative hypothesis or explanation to account for the 'model's' successful application in 'reality', why do you imagine your comments should be regarded as being of any relevance at all?

Lordkalvan

:AMR:

Because they are correct. :up:
Sure they are. That's why you are so ready and willing to explain them. You have no hypothesis, you have no evidence, you have no explanation and yet you parade your claimed correctness as if that is all that is required. Maybe you should write up your claims for the relevant scientific journals and see how they stand up to peer review?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
What 'other forces' are you referring to?
Just give what you think is proof and we'll see.

The "facts" are in error and should be corrected. I'll wait while you prove your version of deity has three "natures".
A triune nature does not mean "three natures."

Can I expect for you to move the goalposts often during this discussion?
You're the one that said time was tangible in that we could measure it. I'm waiting for you to do that.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Evolutionists. :chuckle:

I just finished saying exactly that in my previous posts in very clear terms.

I have no hypothesis. Just a simple concept that you should very easily agree with: The success of a mathematical model is no evidence that it's components represent physical elements of reality.

I don't agree with that at all. If mathematical models did not accurately represent real physical elements such as time and position and velocity and acceleration and the like, they would be utterly useless.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't agree with that at all. If mathematical models did not accurately represent real physical elements such as time and position and velocity and acceleration and the like, they would be utterly useless.

Straw man fallacy.

Is adding nonsense to a conversation your sole purpose in life?

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Straw man fallacy.

Is adding nonsense to a conversation your sole purpose in life?

You obviously have no idea waft a strawman fallacy is. I did not set up my own point to argue against, I simply said your statement regarding mathematical models not representing real physical quantities is wrong. You are wrong. Engineering is all about using math to model the rel world. The math predicts something, like the amount of current flowing in a circuit, and I can then measure that current using a current meter.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your statement regarding mathematical models not representing real physical quantities is wrong.

Straw man fallacy.

Is your sole purpose in life to add confusion to every conversation you join?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
If you're unable to answer questions arising from your various claims and assertions, you should just say so rather than attempting to redirect.
I asked you for a proof first; the onus is on you. If you provide evidence that I can show to be the possible result of other factors then I will do so. If I cannot then I will concede.

I don't think theists know what it means . . .
Let's try this again. "A triune nature." Let's take out the word "triune." Now what do we have? "A nature." Do you see that? It is a single nature; one. That one nature is triune.

Do you own a clock? Done . . . now what?
A clock ticks away as time progresses, and its "measurements are completely arbitrary as one cannot move around within time. We cannot reach one arm into the past and the other into the future. How does it feel to fail?

Silent Hunter

Let's try this again. "A triune nature." Let's take out the word "triune." Now what do we have? "A nature." Do you see that? It is a single nature; one. That one nature is triune.
You're confused . . . as are all trinitarians.

A clock ticks away as time progresses, and its "measurements are completely arbitrary as one cannot move around within time.
We ALL move around within time . . . all the time.

We cannot reach one arm into the past and the other into the future.
You are describing a linear dimension . . . time doesn't work that way.

How does it feel to fail?
You're the one with all the experience . . . you tell me.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

Lordkalvan

I asked you for a proof first; the onus is on you. If you provide evidence that I can show to be the possible result of other factors then I will do so. If I cannot then I will concede.
Actually, you didn't ask me for anything. I was curious as to what 'other forces' you were referring to and so asked, but you seem unable or unwilling to explain what you meant. But that's okay, I've come not to expect anything more from you.

Silent Hunter

When you are unable to explain something you respond with an ad hominem, how . . . typical.

We move back and forth through the past, present and future?
You don't seem to understand TIME at all. See also . . . this and . . . this.

A great many christians believe that their deity can move back and forth through time. How odd that you question that belief.

See above.
:rolleyes:

No kidding, nitwit. That was my point.
You NEVER have a point to make . . . just . . . insults.

See above.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You don't seem to understand time at all
Time is the distance between events.

Pretending we are obligated to accept as reality your concept of time is just avoiding the discussion.

A great many Christians believe that their deity can move back and forth through time. How odd that you question that belief.
Lots of Christians think fish turned into people as well. Were you hoping to gain something by saying this?