Proof from the Bible that God is In Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
The Cosmic Chessmaster analogy is imperfect, but does convey some truth about God and the nature of reality.

It is a far greater CM and God who wins because of greatness, intelligence, omnicompetence, than one who wins by deterministic methods, etc. A responsive player is superior to one who controls the outcome or knows every move of the opponent in advance.

http://www.revivaltheology.net/9_openness/chess.html

More made up crap.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
More made up crap.

Few would disagree that it is a greater player who can respond to any contingency and win because of superior intelligence than one who puts a gun to the other player's head and says make stupid moves.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Your willful ignorance is your problem not mine. It isn't that hard to see just how ignorant you are. You ever even read the Book of Jonah? Well take your Bob, Knight, godrulz blinders off and try it again.
I was leaning toward the open view, without ever having heard of it, about six years before joining TOL.

And Jonah is merely one example of many wherein it is indicated God did not know what was going to happen in the future of a specific event.

Jonah Goes to Nineveh
3 Then the word of the Lord came to Jonah a second time: 2 “Go to the great city of Nineveh and proclaim to it the message I give you.”

3 Jonah obeyed the word of the Lord and went to Nineveh. Now Nineveh was a very large city; it took three days to go through it. 4 Jonah began by going a day’s journey into the city, proclaiming,
What of it? What did Jonah proclaim?

And Jonah began to enter the city on the first day’s walk. Then he cried out and said, “Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown!”
-Jonah 3:4

Looks like you left out something. Now why would you do that?[/rhetorical]

There is not one single call for Nineveh to repent in Jonah's proclamation. You are a liar, and a deceiver, yet all can see through your falsities.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
I was leaning toward the open view, without ever having heard of it, about six years before joining TOL.

And Jonah is merely one example of many wherein it is indicated God did not know what was going to happen in the future of a specific event.

What of it? What did Jonah proclaim?

And Jonah began to enter the city on the first day’s walk. Then he cried out and said, “Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown!”
-Jonah 3:4

Looks like you left out something. Now why would you do that?[/rhetorical]

There is not one single call for Nineveh to repent in Jonah's proclamation. You are a liar, and a deceiver, yet all can see through your falsities.

Oh well now duh! dimhouse. What did the people do on account of Jonahs warning to them. Did they bake a cake, do a dance, go swimming, chop down a tree? NO they REPENTED. Gee I wonder what Jonahs warning to them was?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Oh well now duh! dimhouse. What did the people do on account of Jonahs warning to them. Did they bake a cake, do a dance, go swimming, chop down a tree? NO they REPENTED. Gee I wonder what Jonahs warning to them was?
You're begging the question.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
So be it!! - It may be good if they're that foolish. God isn't playing chess. Maybe someday I'll show you how God ( plays ) with fools.

Paul -- 080712

I'm not sure what you mean by this but it is foolish to try and show the blind the truth. It is quite apparent in this thread dealing with the open viewers. They don't even have the capacity to glean the simplest truth from Scripture that a 2nd grader could see. They don't appear to have the capacity to read even a paragraph without changing the ending into something that they want.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Read it yourself ding dong.
Is that seriously all you can say? You're a failure.

At best you have an argument from silence, but what we really have here is you being silent as to what your argument actually is. I can only assume it's because you don't actually have one.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Is that seriously all you can say? You're a failure.

At best you have an argument from silence, but what we really have here is you being silent as to what your argument actually is. I can only assume it's because you don't actually have one.

I got an idea. Maybe you could have your babysitter read the story of Jonah found in the Bible to you while you're tucked in bed with your teddy bear. Close your eyes and just concentrate you might get it. If not just try it again. Try it maybe three times if you don't get it just move on.

Letsargue

I'm not sure what you mean by this but it is foolish to try and show the blind the truth. It is quite apparent in this thread dealing with the open viewers. They don't even have the capacity to glean the simplest truth from Scripture that a 2nd grader could see. They don't appear to have the capacity to read even a paragraph without changing the ending into something that they want.

((( TEN ))) ((( FOUR )))!!!!!!

Paul -- 080812

Letsargue

I got an idea. Maybe you could have your babysitter read the story of Jonah found in the Bible to you while you're tucked in bed with your teddy bear. Close your eyes and just concentrate you might get it. If not just try it again. Try it maybe three times if you don't get it just move on.

Come on!! This kinda stuff doesn't prove anything. I've been listening to such garbage for years, from most of the Geniuses on the Site!! None of them will attempt to Prove anything, but use such garbage to impress the other Fools, I guess!!!

Paul -- 080812

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Come on!! This kinda stuff doesn't prove anything. I've been listening to such garbage for years, from most of the Geniuses on the Site!! None of them will attempt to Prove anything, but use such garbage to impress the other Fools, I guess!!!

Paul -- 080812

I'm not going to show him again. I answered every question he had with Scripture and it isn't that complicated. They are just playing games now.

chatmaggot

Hall of Fame
You can't even explain what you're trying to argue.

How is the proclamation Jonah gives a warning to repent?

Go ahead and explain it.

You have to remember that when I first asked sky to explain the book of Jonah and the prophecy of destruction that didn't happen sky responded that I should read Nahum.

Now the answers have nothing to do with Nahum but instead God just told Jonah to threaten Nineveh (even though God knew He was never going to destory them He told Jonah that He was going to do just that in 40 days).

Letsargue

I'm not going to show him again. I answered every question he had with Scripture and it isn't that complicated. They are just playing games now.

AAWWWW!! – That’s just the way it is!! – Do you know where they are?? – Not the flesh or body, but the Soul, the Spiritual Soul?? --- It’s Terrible, - it’s beyond description!! --- This is where all the lost are:>>-- Jude 1:23 KJV – “Others ( “Save” ) with fear, pulling them ((( out of the “FIRE” ))); “hating” even the garment spotted by the flesh”. -----

Paul – 080812

sky.

BANNED
Banned
AAWWWW!! – That’s just the way it is!! – Do you know where they are?? – Not the flesh or body, but the Soul, the Spiritual Soul?? --- It’s Terrible, - it’s beyond description!! --- This is where all the lost are:>>-- Jude 1:23 KJV – “Others ( “Save” ) with fear, pulling them ((( out of the “FIRE” ))); “hating” even the garment spotted by the flesh”. -----

Paul – 080812

Their level of denial (not even being able to see or admit WHY Jonah went to Nineveh) is a level of denial that I have never experienced before. The answer to that question is in PLAIN sight but yet not seen by them. I guess that is just the way it is. My flesh wants to understand their flesh but my Spirit says it is their problem.

Letsargue

Their level of denial (not even being able to see or admit WHY Jonah went to Nineveh) is a level of denial that I have never experienced before. The answer to that question is in PLAIN sight but yet not seen by them. I guess that is just the way it is. My flesh wants to understand their flesh but my Spirit says it is their problem.

Don't worry, they can see it! - The ones who have read the Scriptures know perfectly well what they say. - That's the great condemnation that crucified Jesus. - It's Impossible to get anything God said, wrong, ( Impossible )!! That's the Miracle that they will pay for doing that can't be done!!

Paul -- 080812

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Don't worry, they can see it! - The ones who have read the Scriptures know perfectly well what they say. - That's the great condemnation that crucified Jesus. - It's Impossible to get anything God said, wrong, ( Impossible )!! That's the Miracle that they will pay for doing that can't be done!!

Paul -- 080812

Ten Four!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
:yawn:

Why can't you just plainly state that your argument is that the 40 days was God's way of telling them they could repent and change their circumstances?

You have to remember that when I first asked sky to explain the book of Jonah and the prophecy of destruction that didn't happen sky responded that I should read Nahum.

Now the answers have nothing to do with Nahum but instead God just told Jonah to threaten Nineveh (even though God knew He was never going to destory them He told Jonah that He was going to do just that in 40 days).
I know; he's an idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.