Proof from the Bible that God is In Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
It's obvious that they have nothing to add when the truth is exposed. Open theism amounts to nothing but the idea that God is following us around so He can decide what to do. LOL!

A straw man view of Open Theism that is juvenile and rejected by Open Theists.

Grow up. This is like me saying Calvinism's God is a moral monster who causes all evil (though a case can be made for this with hyper-Calvinism).

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's obvious that they have nothing to add when the truth is exposed. Open theism amounts to nothing but the idea that God is following us around so He can decide what to do. LOL!

Following God around to find out what he has already decided for us to do is better?

--Dave

Nang

TOL Subscriber
God did not change in character and attributes.

Indeed.

Jesus Christ represented the fullness of the Godhead bodily. (Colossians 2:9)

God did not change to provide and display the incarnation at all.

To deny that the incarnation is still absolute immutability in every sense makes no sense.

I agree. I do not make such a denial.

Do you?

Open Theists do . . .

Biblical immutability is that God changes in some ways (not from perfection), but not in other ways.

No.

"Biblical immutability" teaches that God never changes.

Nang

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Silly God, He just didn't know what He was going to do.

Genesis 3:17 RSV
And to Adam he said, "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten of the tree of which I commanded you, 'You shall not eat of it,' cursed is the ground because of you; in toil you shall eat of it all the days of your life;

Joshua 5:6 RSV
For the people of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness, till all the nation, the men of war that came forth out of Egypt, perished, because they did not hearken to the voice of the LORD; to them the LORD swore that he would not let them see the land which the LORD had sworn to their fathers to give us, a land flowing with milk and honey.

Deuteronomy 11:13 RSV
“And if you will obey my commandments which I command you this day, to love the Lord your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul, 14 he will give the rain for your land in its season, the early rain and the later rain, that you may gather in your grain and your wine and your oil. 15 And he will give grass in your fields for your cattle, and you shall eat and be full. 16 Take heed lest your heart be deceived, and you turn aside and serve other gods and worship them, 17 and the anger of the Lord be kindled against you, and he shut up the heavens, so that there be no rain, and the land yield no fruit, and you perish quickly off the good land which the Lord gives you.

1 Kings 20:36 RSV
Then he said to him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, behold, as soon as you have gone from me, a lion shall kill you." And as soon as he had departed from him, a lion met him and killed him.

Silly sky, you should read your Bible more.

--Dave

DFT_Dave

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"Lord love you, son of Adam," replied Mr. Beaver...
It is like saying when I stand on a state line, that I'm in two 'states' at the same time :)

Comparing two states that are the same in nature is not the same thing as comparing two "states" that are the opposite in nature.

We cannot be standing in a state and not standing in that state is the problem. You're turning to the darkside, the twilight zone of irrationality--zen.

--Dave

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Silly God, He just didn't know what He was going to do.

Genesis 3:17 RSV
And to Adam he said, "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten of the tree of which I commanded you, 'You shall not eat of it,' cursed is the ground because of you; in toil you shall eat of it all the days of your life;

Joshua 5:6 RSV
For the people of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness, till all the nation, the men of war that came forth out of Egypt, perished, because they did not hearken to the voice of the LORD; to them the LORD swore that he would not let them see the land which the LORD had sworn to their fathers to give us, a land flowing with milk and honey.

Deuteronomy 11:13 RSV
“And if you will obey my commandments which I command you this day, to love the Lord your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul, 14 he will give the rain for your land in its season, the early rain and the later rain, that you may gather in your grain and your wine and your oil. 15 And he will give grass in your fields for your cattle, and you shall eat and be full. 16 Take heed lest your heart be deceived, and you turn aside and serve other gods and worship them, 17 and the anger of the Lord be kindled against you, and he shut up the heavens, so that there be no rain, and the land yield no fruit, and you perish quickly off the good land which the Lord gives you.

1 Kings 20:36 RSV
Then he said to him, "Because you have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, behold, as soon as you have gone from me, a lion shall kill you." And as soon as he had departed from him, a lion met him and killed him.

Silly sky, you should read your Bible more.

--Dave

Dang! they almost tricked Him...

Lon

Comparing two states that are the same in nature is not the same thing as comparing two "states" that are the opposite in nature.

We cannot be standing in a state and not standing in that state is the problem. You're turning to the darkside, the twilight zone of irrationality--zen.

--Dave
We already talked about this with Dave's fishbowl.

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Dynamic Free Theism & DFT_Dave

Dynamic Free Theism & DFT_Dave

Plato: ...the past and future are created species of time, which we unconsciously but wrongly transfer to the eternal essence; for we say that he "was," he "is," he "will be," but the truth is that "is" alone is properly attributed to him, and that "was" and "will be" only to be spoken of becoming in time, for they are motions, but that which is immovably the same cannot become older or younger...​
--Dave
Dave, your site might be the best on the entire web: DynamicFreeTheism.com! Congrats!

And regarding Plato, it's funny that the church theologians who follow him also describe God as utterly immovable, when the Bible begins by saying that "God moved over the face of the waters."

Thanks Dave! Please contact me if you can!

-Bob Enyart

Paulos

But that would be saying God is both in the world and not in the world at same time, which is impossible.

--Dave

God is Spirit, and Spirit is non-physical. God's Spirit pervades the physical universe but is not limited to its structure or confines...or so I have read.

Last edited:

Paulos

God did many things before creation (John 17:24, 5; Rom. 8:29; 1 Pet. 1:20; Eph. 1:4) and His children shall "endure forever" (Ps. 39:36) enjoying God eternally through an "everlasting covenant" (Gen. 17:7), "established forever." So the Bible teaches that God is in time.

It does seem to me that in order for life to have any meaning or existence, it must be in "time" of some sort. The only places in the physical universe where time apparently does not exist are black holes, but who would want to be caught in a black hole?

A solution to the equations of general relativity was found that produced a situation called "Kerr spacetime." Scientists now think Kerr spacetime is what happens when a black hole has reached its final evolutionary state...Kerr spacetime is time-independent, meaning that nothing in Kerr spacetime changes over time. In effect, time stands still. A black hole in such a state is essentially stationary. "One could say once it has reached this stage, there are no further processes taking place," Valiente Kroon said.​

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/01/28/fully-mature-black-holes-time-stands/

Status
Not open for further replies.