Pope Apologizes to Satan!

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
braveshawn said:
Altough I believe that the pope does not need to apologize for his remarks, is ripping him apart like this really what a christian does. How does this help further God's kingdom.
Im not catholic, in fact, there is a lot about the catholic church i believe goes against scripture. But we are to build fellow believers up, not tear them down with evil words and gossip. 1Thessalonians 5:11
The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
"By their fruit you will recognize them."
The Pope goes to a mosque and prays. Islam rejects the very foundation of Christianity -- Jesus the Christ. They reject the Holy Spirit (unforgivable sin territory). Is that how Christians should show "love, joy, peace, etc." Is that how we should "build believers up?" Is the head of the largest Christian denomination in the world subject to "evil words and gossip" because he prayed in the temple of a false god?

Exodus 20:2-6 "I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments."

Deuteronomy 6:13-15 "Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God, and serve him, and shalt swear by his name. Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you; (For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you) lest the anger of the LORD thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth.

Luke 4:6-8 "And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. And Jesus answered and said unto him, [jesus]Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve[/jesus]."

Aimiel

braveshawn said:
Altough I believe that the pope does not need to apologize for his remarks, is ripping him apart like this really what a christian does.
He does need to apologize, because he is in severe error. Ripping someone who professes Christianity just might get their attention and bring them into the light, when someone dresses them down for their sin.
How does this help further God's kingdom.
Shouldn't evil be punished? Aren't Christians supposed to keep one another in line? Don't you want to be chastized if you commit error, and don't realize it? I know I do. If I ever tell The Lord, "Leave me alone, don't bother me with chastening," may my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth.
Im not catholic, in fact, there is a lot about the catholic church i believe goes against scripture.
I believe that most Christians feel that way.
But we are to build fellow believers up, not tear them down with evil words and gossip.
We are to build up Christians, and we are to rebuke them, as well.
The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.
"By their fruit you will recognize them."
Looks like the part where the Pope failed to be 'recognized' is in the faithfulness department. Bowing down to and worshipping false gods isn't recognized by anyone who is Christian as being faithful.

braveshawn

Rebuking anothers sin is one thing......attacking and making fun of the person is completely different. Jesus rebuked the devil and sin, but he never made fun of a person. Im sure he didnt sit around with the disciples and draw pictures of the pharisees and gossip behind their backs.

Yes, what the pope did is wrong.......so is gossip and slander..
Yes, he should be corrected and shown his error, but this thread does neither. It is set up to hurt.
Is that what the christian community is supposed to do when one of our brothers sins? make fun, gossip, slander, tear down with evil words?

Aimiel

braveshawn said:
Rebuking anothers sin is one thing......attacking and making fun of the person is completely different.
Sorry, but there is no-one capable of 'rebuking' the highest authority on the earth (what the RCC makes the Pope into). He is a phoney, holding a bogus office in a bogus religion that has very little (if indeed anything) to do with The Lord.
Jesus rebuked the devil and sin, but he never made fun of a person.
I guess you think when He called the pharisees 'vipers' that He wanted us to think that they had hatched from eggs and had scales and a pointy tongue? He was deriding them, putting them down, because their heinous behavior warranted such. The Pope is far more 'religious' than any of them were.
Im sure he didnt sit around with the disciples and draw pictures of the pharisees and gossip behind their backs.
So you don't believe that He has a sense of humor. I guess you've imagined Him in your own image and likeness, then.
Yes, he should be corrected and shown his error, but this thread does neither. It is set up to hurt.
No, it isn't. If it were, it would be sent to the Vatican, not posted in a website that the Pope shall never even hear tell of.
Is that what the christian community is supposed to do when one of our brothers sins? make fun, gossip, slander, tear down with evil words?
Obviously you're ranting, but the thread is designed to point out the religious pomposity and foolishness of someone who has decided to attempt to make worshipping false gods 'acceptible' to Christians. Someone who is 'supposed' to be a leader in a Christian group (or at least a group claiming to be Christian) is trying to lead sheep astray. If we don't speak up, the very rocks will cry out. You need to buy a clue. :dunce:

braveshawn

Again, the popes actions are unfortunate, but i think those who look to the pope for all religous guidance, rather than the bible arent wise in that department.
Obviously you're ranting, but the thread is designed to point out the religious pomposity and foolishness of someone who has decided to attempt to make worshipping false gods 'acceptible' to Christians. Someone who is 'supposed' to be a leader in a Christian group (or at least a group claiming to be Christian) is trying to lead sheep astray. If we don't speak up, the very rocks will cry out. You need to buy a clue.
Dont jump to the conclusion that I am ranting. I am trying to correct just as you, but I will not slander your character or make fun of you. I want us all to be in unity as the body of Christ.
The sheep will know the shepards voice. I dont believe those who truly know Christ will believe that just because the pope did something terrible then its okay. We are not sheep for anyone but Christ.
Im sure he didnt sit around with the disciples and draw pictures of the pharisees and gossip behind their backs.

So you don't believe that He has a sense of humor. I guess you've imagined Him in your own image and likeness, then.
So you believe Jesus's idea of fun was making fun of others? You think he went against his own teaching and made fun of others and gossiped and slandered? Perhaps you imagine Him in the likeness of your own image?

I believe that as a body of believers we are to correct bad behavior, and what better way then to push someone as far away from the body of christ as possible, by hurting them with evil words and tearing them apart with slander, rather than approaching them with love. Do you believe someone with a drug problem would be better helped if he was made fun of and singled out for ridicule amongst those that are supposed to be forgiving and understanding. I would be afraid to bring my problems to you, Id only be chased away by ridicule.
I guess you think when He called the pharisees 'vipers' that He wanted us to think that they had hatched from eggs and had scales and a pointy tongue? He was deriding them, putting them down, because their heinous behavior warranted such. The Pope is far more 'religious' than any of them were.
I think its interesting you use this part of the bible in your argument. The pharisees were men who threw around insults and stones at sinners. They believed they could because they were self-rightous and kept those who could be cleansed and forgiven from God with their actions. This constitutes a viper and Christ is the only one worthy of judging anyone. If you believe yourself better than the pope then you are just in insulting and slandering him. But we are all sinners and equally such in the eyes of God, so walk in Gods ways and leave the judging up to Him.

read 2Corinthians 12:20
God bless

Aimiel

braveshawn said:
We are not sheep for anyone but Christ.
Wait a minute, wasn't that my point? You are not discerning the wolves in sheep's clothing who've stolen such a large part of The Lord's Flock, and is fleecing them and devouring them at will, and calling those wolves, "sheep." You still need to buy a clue.
So you believe Jesus's idea of fun was making fun of others? You think he went against his own teaching and made fun of others and gossiped and slandered? Perhaps you imagine Him in the likeness of your own image?
I believe He has a sense of humor, even though most people don't. I don't believe for one minute that the Pope has anything to do with Christianity, other than to lie and say that the RCC is Christian, when, in point of fact, it is error, from which many have escaped, and been converted to Truth. If you're Catholic, then I'll pray for you, that you might come to The Light, but I'm sorry, calling a spade a spade is still the best way to identify spades, in my book.
I believe that as a body of believers we are to correct bad behavior, and what better way then to push someone as far away from the body of christ as possible, by hurting them with evil words and tearing them apart with slander, rather than approaching them with love.
Do you believe that the Pope will read this thread, and feel hurt? If so, you need to buy another clue. He's probably never seen the internet.
Do you believe someone with a drug problem would be better helped if he was made fun of and singled out for ridicule amongst those that are supposed to be forgiving and understanding.
If someone were in a position of power (like the Pope is) and were doing something wrong, namely addicted to drugs (like the Pope has done wrong, namely worshipping a false god) and were called, "Wrong, but hey, that's OK, he's still Christian," instead of being identified as a doper, and removed from his office of power, then, yes, I'd say it's open season on the President, Senator, Pastor, etc., whoever it might be that the people under him are foolish enough to continue to follow to their ruin. Perhaps by pulling that clown down to the dirt where he belongs, with slander, we'd get the biggest and most foolish circus ever invented (the court of public opinion) to realize, "Hey, we need to do something about this, they're right, we're following a clown, we didn't realize it until we saw the truth through their editorials and cartoons. Let's get a referendum on the ballot."
I would be afraid to bring my problems to you, Id only be chased away by ridicule.
You're just being silly, and not realizing the truth, that millions of Catholics follow this guy, simply because they beleive that God has appointed him, and that he is the 'right hand of God.' Again, buy a clue, will ya'?
I think its interesting you use this part of the bible in your argument. The pharisees were men who threw around insults and stones at sinners. They believed they could because they were self-rightous and kept those who could be cleansed and forgiven from God with their actions.
So, you don't see the parallel with the Pope and the actions of the RCC? You really are bankrupt of clues, aren't you? (Oh, no, I just made fun of you. Hey, guess what, I've yet to be able to think of a faster, more effective or more cutting way to carve out the error and expose the darkness in someone who's entrenched in mud that goes way above their eyeballs, but if you do, then feel free to let me know, I'll switch to the most effective method. We are told to snatch some from the fire, and many times when someone is in the midst of flames you simply don't have times to be politically correct (read queer) enough to put on your dainty little 'kid-gloves' and reach gently into the heat and help them out. You have to apply the techniques that work to the situation that calls for whatever action God inspires you to use. You're being ridiculous and foolish.
This constitutes a viper and Christ is the only one worthy of judging anyone.
:freak:

You do realize the hypocracy of that sentence, now that I've singled it out and put the little humurous smiley beneath it, right? I'm not trying to 'push you away' from Truth, I'm simply trying to use a noteworthy method of 'ribbing' you into recognizing the error, but definitely not slandering you, since I still believe you're a Christian, in spite of many things you've said in this thread.
If you believe yourself better than the pope then you are just in insulting and slandering him.
I don't believe I'm any better than Judas, who hanged himself; but that doesn't mean I will go out and hang myself, because I prefer repentance to self-pity. I also prefer obedience over sacrifice. I prefer to think that someone who is non-Christian (for instance the Pope) needs to be alerted to his hopelessness, and if he's in the mud (well, I already dealt with this, didn't I?)...
But we are all sinners and equally such in the eyes of God, so walk in Gods ways and leave the judging up to Him.
I would say you need to take your own advice, and stop trying to 'correct' others who don't do as you say. You certainly don't, but I guess that's another matter, altogether... :nono:

braveshawn

I think we've gone way off the true point, that we disagree in what rebuke constitutes. I believe rebuke is good and necessary for God's people as i think you do as well. But..I believe rebuke is meant to be a good thing in order to point out bad behaviors and build someone up in the body. I dont believe that if you rebuke someone and their feelings are hurt, that you did anything wrong. But I dont believe rebuke is creating a thread thats set up so people can all sit and gossip about the pope and laugh at his unfortunate behavior.
Do you believe that the Pope will read this thread, and feel hurt? If so, you need to buy another clue. He's probably never seen the internet.
Rebuke is meant to help someone see their error. Then whats the point of this thread?

Perhaps by pulling that clown down to the dirt where he belongs, with slander, we'd get the biggest and most foolish circus ever invented (the court of public opinion) to realize, "Hey, we need to do something about this, they're right, we're following a clown, we didn't realize it until we saw the truth through their editorials and cartoons. Let's get a referendum on the ballot."
You just proved what ive been saying. I dont think God wants you to use evil, because you think it will result in good.

You really are bankrupt of clues, aren't you? (Oh, no, I just made fun of you. Hey, guess what, I've yet to be able to think of a faster, more effective or more cutting way to carve out the error and expose the darkness in someone who's entrenched in mud that goes way above their eyeballs, but if you do, then feel free to let me know

Im sorry you cant find a constructive way of helping somebody in the way Christ wants us to. Your rebukes need to come out of love for that person, then gossip and slander will cease and you can really try and help your brother. Perhaps try asking God for wisdom. he gives it in abundance to those who ask.

I would say you need to take your own advice, and stop trying to 'correct' others who don't do as you say. You certainly don't, but I guess that's another matter, altogether...
I try and correct those who dont do what the bible says...and correct out of love. "You do realize the hypocracy of this sentence" it seems you are trying to correct the pope because he doesnt do what you say, except you seem to do it in a hateful way.

Weather or not you think the pope is a christian has nothing to do with this thread. Nor is the fact that he is the highest power in the catholic church. Ridicule and slander shouldnt be used on anybody, no matter what position they hold. If it makes you that upset why dont you try writing a letter to your nearest catholic church describing your concerns. Even if the pope did read this I dont think seeing all the mean things written about him will help "snatch him from the fire". If you noticed earlier in the thread a catholic wrote that the pope sure draws out peoples true colors. Now again im no catholic and im sure my views on the catholic church are very similar to yours, but it didnt seem like this thread convinced that person of anything except, "Wow look how cruel these non-catholics are, it looks like my pope really shows how much hate people have in them" In this way, you just set him up to be a martyr and more christ like to those who blindly follow his every word and action.
Rebuke is meant to be constructive. So if you believe the popes actions arent beneficial to the body of christ, do something constructive rather than sit and gossip in your sewing circle.

Aimiel

braveshawn said:
I think we've gone way off the true point, that we disagree in what rebuke constitutes.
No, that's your point, the 'true' point of this thread is the Pope apologizing to Satan by worshipping at one of his altars. You're arguing for the Pope's Christianity, for some queer reason; I'm arguing against darkness, as usual.
I believe rebuke is good and necessary for God's people as i think you do as well.
Yes, and God knows how to get people to do so to chasten His sheep, and if that doesn't work, He's not above getting His Hands dirty.
But..I believe rebuke is meant to be a good thing in order to point out bad behaviors and build someone up in the body.
Then you and I disagree on who is 'in' The Body of Christ and who isn't.
But I dont believe rebuke is creating a thread thats set up so people can all sit and gossip about the pope and laugh at his unfortunate behavior.
Is that what they call Satan-worship, these days, "unfortunate behavior?" I knew 'politically correct' was a tool of the devil, but I didn't know it had progressed so much in such a short time.
Rebuke is meant to help someone see their error. Then whats the point of this thread?
Again, the Pope will never read this. The point is, there are people on TOL (more than you might guess) who follow the Pope, and even many who do so who are estranged from the RCC. The point is to rebuke those who are silly enough to follow a Satan-worshipper, or to defend his actions. That's the point: to wake up little sheep who happen to be following a wolf in sheep's clothing. Didn't I already point all this out? Are we dealing with a tall learning-curve or are there mental deficiencies preventing you from comprehending the subject matter?
You just proved what ive been saying. I dont think God wants you to use evil, because you think it will result in good.
Sorry to disappoint, but just because you 'take' something I say the wrong way due to an attitude problem doesn't make me evil. Your imagination needs restraint.
Your rebukes need to come out of love for that person, then gossip and slander will cease and you can really try and help your brother.
Yours (in error) need simply to not be said, since they're un-requested, not called for, wrong and really and truly worthless.
I try and correct those who dont do what the bible says...and correct out of love.
You've failed. Perhaps try asking God for wisdom. he gives it in abundance to those who ask.
Weather or not you think the pope is a christian has nothing to do with this thread.
Actually, it is the main topic, but since you simply don't understand, perhaps you'd best be placed in Sunday School, rather than on a BBS that discusses theology with the grown-ups.
Ridicule and slander shouldnt be used on anybody, no matter what position they hold.
Slander? What are you talking about? Again, you're clueless.
If it makes you that upset why dont you try writing a letter to your nearest catholic church describing your concerns.
It is the RCC that elected him and endorses everything he does. He cannot sin, according to them.
Even if the pope did read this I dont think seeing all the mean things written about him will help "snatch him from the fire".
I haven't read anything in this thread that was 'mean' or un-called for, in regard to his sin.
Rebuke is meant to be constructive.
Not really. It's the tip of the sword. It simply alerts someone to the situation, and gets their attention. The blade which does the cutting is The Word of God, and can divide apart between soul and spirit. Iron sharpens iron. Often when I rebuke someone, it's tempered by my own reception of the words and seeing error in myself which needs correction. We don't just go around cutting one another to pieces, we're aiming the sharpest weapon ever produced to commit surgery upon those afflicted by the enemy and remove every tumor, wart and freckle which represents hell. The Sword is Light. It's a light-sabre. Christians are the true Jedi knights. We don't need mini-Popes, like yourself, trying to conform us to his own image and likeness.
So if you believe the popes actions arent beneficial to the body of christ, do something constructive rather than sit and gossip in your sewing circle.
I am, I'm speaking out against his Satan-worship and your defense of him in the best way I've found, a public forum where truth is dispensed one smack at a time.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Rebuking anothers sin is one thing......attacking and making fun of the person is completely different. Jesus rebuked the devil and sin, but he never made fun of a person. Im sure he didnt sit around with the disciples and draw pictures of the pharisees and gossip behind their backs.

Then you don't know him very well. Try reading the Gospels, Acts, and all of Pauls letters. That is a good place to start when it comes to our behavior towards other people.

Rebuking is not evil. You should repent for going against Jesus's commandments to judge.

AshesInTheWind

The Pope goes to a mosque and prays. Islam rejects the very foundation of Christianity -- Jesus the Christ. They reject the Holy Spirit (unforgivable sin territory). Is that how Christians should show "love, joy, peace, etc." Is that how we should "build believers up?" Is the head of the largest Christian denomination in the world subject to "evil words and gossip" because he prayed in the temple of a false god?

Exodus 20:2-6 "I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments."

Deuteronomy 6:13-15 "Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God, and serve him, and shalt swear by his name. Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you; (For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you) lest the anger of the LORD thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth.

Luke 4:6-8 "And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. And Jesus answered and said unto him, [jesus]Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, [/jesus]."

well first of all... allah and jehovah are one and the same.. soo that kinda doesnt work... and second of all The lord lives in your heart, and your heart is as according to the bible, a temple of the "holy spirit"

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and that you are not your own? For you have been bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body. 1 Corinthians 6:19,20

who are you to say that he wasnt praying to your god (jehova)....and that he was praying to the islamic version of him...futher more....."and him only shalt thou serve" Isnt he serving the lord by trying to stop the slaughter thats been going on 4 thousands of years, by humbling himself and engaging in the symbolic act of praying in their mosque? which by doing he is showing that he respects and tolerates their beliefs.

Aimiel

well first of all... allah and jehovah are one and the same.
No, Allah is a god that has no son. Just as Jewish temples are empty, since they have rejected Jesus and in so doing have rejected God; so the mosques are empty (spiritually). God isn't there. They are worshipping a false god that doesn't exist.
who are you to say that he wasnt praying to your god (jehova)....and that he was praying to the islamic version of him...
The pope isn't a Christian, he's a Catholic... they don't have God, they have saints, Mary and idols that they worship instead.
...futher more....."and him only shalt thou serve" Isnt he serving the lord by trying to stop the slaughter thats been going on 4 thousands of years, by humbling himself and engaging in the symbolic act of praying in their mosque?
That's all it was: an empty act of political symbolism. Hooey.
...which by doing he is showing that he respects and tolerates their beliefs.
He is partaking of their beliefs, by not rejecting their sin. He isn't bringing light to the situation, he's bringing darkness. A tree is known by its fruit.

cursuswalker

BANNED
Banned
So one Desert Dogma apologised to another Desert Dogma. So what?

Here are a couple of things the Catholic Church, and Protestant Churches, should apologise for:

"Witch" burnings

trial28.jpg

Forced conversion of Jews and Muslims:

inquisition.jpg

The Crusades, both ancient and modern:

crusade.jpg

It is noteworthy that all these things happened atthe time that Christianity was at the height of its political power in Europe. Christians only started playing "nice" as this political power waned.

The rise in the power of Christianity in America, and the kinds of sentiments expressed by "Born-Agains" during that rise, give a clue as to which direction it is headed there.

Christianity should be saved from itself by being kept politically weak, because only then do Christians do the good stuff.

Thunder's Muse

So one Desert Dogma apologised to another Desert Dogma. So what?

Here are a couple of things the Catholic Church, and Protestant Churches, should apologise for:

"Witch" burnings

trial28.jpg

Forced conversion of Jews and Muslims:

inquisition.jpg

The Crusades, both ancient and modern:

crusade.jpg

It is noteworthy that all these things happened atthe time that Christianity was at the height of its political power in Europe. Christians only started playing "nice" as this political power waned.

The rise in the power of Christianity in America, and the kinds of sentiments expressed by "Born-Agains" during that rise, give a clue as to which direction it is headed there.

Christianity should be saved from itself by being kept politically weak, because only then do Christians do the good stuff.

*standing ovation* :BRAVO:

Spitfire

I wonder what he has to say about the Malleus Maleficarum?
Much to Heinrich Kramer's consternation, Catholic theologians routinely refused to endorse Malleus Maleficarum (along with most everything else he ever wrote or did.) It was placed on Rome's list of banned publications by Pope Innocent VIII in 1490, only a few years after its initial publication (though it went on to be re-published and widely circulated despite the Church's wishes.)

cursuswalker

BANNED
Banned
Much to Heinrich Kramer's consternation, Catholic theologians routinely refused to endorse Malleus Maleficarum (along with most everything else he ever wrote or did.) It was placed on Rome's list of banned publications by Pope Innocent VIII in 1490, only a few years after its initial publication (though it went on to be re-published and widely circulated despite the Church's wishes.)

Didn't stop them from roasting heretics did it?