ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Cross Reference

Obedience is still another Greek word. Not pisteuo !

These are the NT writers words , not. Mine.

Yes? And? It changes nothing. It still produces faith which was part of what was intended for Adam to enter into had he obeyed and that by a series of moral choices..

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Yes? And? It changes nothing. It still produces faith which was part of what was intended for Adam to enter into had he obeyed and that by a series of moral choices..

This thread is about pisteuo . The Greek verb for Faith used 248 times in the NT.

It's the word that the writers used to communicate what kind of specific act of Faith is required to have a personal relationship with Christ.

Everything else is "apisteuo" , moving away from God , and can never result in that relationship.

Cross Reference

This thread is about pisteuo . The Greek verb for Faith used 248 times in the NT.

It's the word that the writers used to communicate what kind of specific act of Faith is required to have a personal relationship with Christ.

Everything else is "apisteuo" , moving away from God , and can never result in that relationship.
\
You . . possess no way, no plumbline which to measure the sufficiency of anyone's faith. That said, you have no point.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Let's discuss pisteuo.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

This thread encompasses alot of information.

Read it carefully , ask questions, this is only the basics of what faithing into Christ is.

When these facts are digested an understood , then we might be able to talk about how to start to apply and answer the call of the Father to Christ, by faithing , by pisteuo.

Cross Reference

Dare I say you have simply been speaking of what constitutes being a "Carnal Christian" as opposed to being one who means business with God??

OMT: <made clear to His Disciples> 'No one gets through to the Father except through Jesus'

Last edited:

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Dare I say you have simply been speaking of what constitutes being a "Carnal Christian" as opposed to being one who means business with God??

OMT: <may clear to His Disciples> 'No one gets through to the Father except through Jesus'

Please refrain from the continual personal attacks . This thread is about Faith and faithing , pistis and pisteuo , not me .

Try to focus on the topic , and the facts presented in the topic. Not the imperfect vessel presenting them .

The facts I've presented here are not my opinion , just simple facts about the most important word in Scripture , "pisteuo " .

So please address only the facts I've put on the table , your personal feelings towards me are not among them.

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Here are the facts again.

Cross Reference

Please refrain from the continual personal attacks . This thread is about Faith and faithing , pistis and pisteuo , not me .

Try to focus on the topic , and the facts presented in the topic. Not the imperfect vessel presenting them .

The facts I've presented here are not my opinion , just simple facts about the most important word in Scripture , "pisteuo " .

So please address only the facts I've put on the table , your personal feelings towards me are not among them.

I don't agree. It is about you and your distorting of the facts to make them fit your program. Plus, you offer nothing as the means of attaining unto righteousness except "surrender of one's life", which means what and at what cost? . . . one doesn't even need to be born again, according to you.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I don't agree. It is about you and your distorting of the facts to make them fit your program. Plus, you offer nothing as the means of attaining unto righteousness except "surrender of one's life", which means what what and at what cost? . . . one doesn't even need to be born again, according to you.

I've asked you to present what facts I'm distorting and you just do more personal attacks and misrepresentation.

I think I've tried to have a civil discussion with you ten times or more . I see your treatment of me as a kind of an attraction to what I'm presenting. So I won't give up on you.

Start at the very beginning of my thread , address each statement I make an tell me how I'm distorting it. You and I know if you could have , you would have already done so. So the next thing to do would be to ask questions about the facts I've presented. So one more time , I'll reach my hand out to you.

Cross Reference

I've asked you to present what facts I'm distorting and you just do more personal attacks and misrepresentation.

I think I've tried to have a civil discussion with you ten times or more . I see your treatment of me as a kind of an attraction to what I'm presenting. So I won't give up on you.

Start at the very beginning of my thread , address each statement I make an tell me how I'm distorting it. You and I know if you could have , you would have already done so. So the next thing to do would be to ask questions about the facts I've presented. So one more time , I'll reach my hand out to you.

I have given you the FACTS adnausm, you CHOOSE to ignore. Why do you continue to "major on minors" and waste everyone's time in trying to sort out whatever it is you are "P & P [ing]" about?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I have given you the FACTS adnausm, you CHOOSE to ignore. Why do you continue to "major on minors" and waste everyone's time in trying to sort out whatever it is you are "P & P [ing]" about?

Right , Faith comes from obedience. That's not addressing my facts , that's presenting your understanding that is not only unfactual , but not what this thread is about.

Only talk about pisteuo and the facts associated with pisteuo , or go start a thread on obedience , or believing , or whatever it is your standing on today.

Cross Reference

Right , Faith comes from obedience. That's not addressing my facts , that's presenting your understanding that is not only unfactual , but not what this thread is about.

No. What I presented was scriptural. Even Jesus learned obedience:

"Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec. Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing". Hebrews 5:8-11 (KJV)

Somehow in that last part I see you.

I really don't understand what you hope to accomplish with your non-discript explanation of p & p and how traditional understanding of believing isn't satisfactory..

Faither

BANNED
Banned
No. What I presented was scriptural. Even Jesus learned obedience:

"Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec. Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing". Hebrews 5:8-11 (KJV)

Somehow in that last part I see you.

The point your missing , is that if one doesn't begin to fulfill pisteuo or a life of faithing , Christ , His Spirit , His word , and the promises in His word can never be claimed.

Now if you don't relate to what the NT writers tell us is the only requirement to recieve His Spirit , don't talk about Christ , His Spirit , or His word yet ,we need to learn about pisteuo. So let's start at the beginning.

Cross Reference

The point your missing , is that if one doesn't begin to fulfill pisteuo or a life of faithing , Christ , His Spirit , His word , and the promises in His word can never be claimed.

Now if you don't relate to what the NT writers tell us is the only requirement to recieve His Spirit , don't talk about Christ , His Spirit , or His word yet ,we need to learn about pisteuo. So let's start at the beginning.

What makes you think for a second that "believing for God by Jesus Christ" isn't sufficient? Why do I need more words to express what I already believe for my life and am acting on it? . . . and without the original Greek in my library?

I asked several times, are you born again? Why not reply to that? . . or maybe you can't?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
What makes you think for a second that "believing for God by Jesus Christ" isn't sufficient? Why do I need more words to express what I already believe for my life and am acting on it? . . . and without the original Greek in my library?

I asked several times, are you born again? Why not reply to that? . . or maybe you can't?

Only you and God know if your fulfilling a life of pisteuo.

I will continue to warn others , otherwise their blood will be on my hands if I don't.

My hands are clean from yours.

Cross Reference

Only you and God know if your fulfilling a life of pisteuo.

I will continue to warn others , otherwise their blood will be on my hands if I don't.

My hands are clean from yours.

Warn them of what? when not inspired they are not living by faith, is that it?

Here are examples of what you consider to be insufficient for Jesus to be made manifest in lives of those who preach His word:

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Acts 2:38 (KJV)

6 Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. Acts 3:6 (KJV)

10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole. Acts 4:10 (KJV)

18 And they called them, and commanded them not to speak at all nor teach in the name of Jesus. Acts 4:18 (KJV)

40 And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus[/B], and let them go. Acts 5:40 (KJV)

12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women. Acts 8:12 (KJV)

27 But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus. Acts 9:27 (KJV)

18 And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour. Acts 16:18 (KJV)

9 I verily thought with myself, that I ought to do many things contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth. Acts 26:9 (KJV)

2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours: 1 Corinthians 1:2 (KJV)

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; Philippians 2:10 (KJV)"

Don't you in the least bit think it strange so much was accomplished in the "Name of Jesus". . . without the preaching the Greek P&P?

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Let's go through each fact being presented in this thread and look at each one specifically.

Fact 1). The Greek word pisteuo is the most important word in the Greek Scripture.

There are many extremely important words in Scripture , Father , Christ , Holy Spirit , Grace , etc.
But this word pisteuo the verb form of the noun pistis or in the English Faith , is the only word that communicates how to make the connection with the Holy Spirit making Christ , His Word and the promises there in ours to claim.

Pisteuo is the application of Faith. " A personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender."