ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Fact 5 from the OP.

The Greek word pisteuo is a verb and used 248 times in the NT.

Pisteuo being a verb , it's defined as an act , based upon a belief , sustained by confidence.

Pisteuo used by the NT writers 248 times is a specific act , based upon a specific belief , sustained by as specific kind of confidence.

The specific act is " the continual surrendering of our lives to Him."

The specific belief is , " that He is accepting the continually surrendered life."

The specific kind of confidence is , " that we are so confident our lives are now His , that we make all the many daily decisions as if we genuinely stand on the fact our lives are no longer ours."

" A life inspired by such surrender. "

No problems or questions on facts 1 through 5 ?

This is a basic understanding of Faith and faithing , pretty straight forward.

I'll continue with the other facts.

Jerry Shugart

Yes I did Jerry.

I told you believe , believer , and believing were used to mistranslate pisteuo into the English , and those same words are used to mistranslate pisteuo back out of the English.

Your own source said that one of the meanings of the word is "to believe."

And what is the difference between the faith of Faithing Christians and Carnal Christians?

Faither

BANNED
Banned

And what is the difference between the faith of Faithing Christians and Carnal Christians?

The Strongs also acknowledges pisteuo was translated " believe " , and then they quickly say and I quote " pisteuo means """ NOT """ just to believe."

Mistranslated in , mistranslatied out. It's really not that difficult to understand.

You should be discussing how pisteuo is applied.

Cross Reference

The Strongs also acknowledges pisteuo was translated " believe " , and then they quickly say and I quote " pisteuo means """ NOT """ just to believe."

You mean not simply give "mental acent" unto something or someone? I agree. That is not believing. AND we can understand that from reading the English translations. Remember the word "context". It usually always explains these things.

Cross Reference

Look in the English dictionary.
The definition of the word " believe " , is " mental ascent." And not a verb but an adverb.

No!! Stay with Strongs!!!

However, so what?? Is not the meaning of the word as I explained it?

"That I may know Him." Phil. 3:10.

Is not the writer believing that he can? What does the word "may" connote if not the desire and enablement to "know" God?

"The initiative of the saint is not towards self-realization, but towards knowing Jesus Christ. The spiritual saint never believes circumstances to be haphazard, or thinks of his life as secular and sacred; he sees everything he is dumped down in as the means of securing the knowledge of Jesus Christ. There is a reckless abandonment about him. The Holy Spirit is determined that we shall realize Jesus Christ in every domain of life, and He will bring us back to the same point again and again until we do. Self-realization leads to the enthronement of work; whereas the saint enthrones Jesus Christ in his work. Whether it be eating or drinking or washing disciples’ feet, whatever it is, we have to take the initiative of realizing Jesus Christ in it. Every phase of our actual life has its counterpart in the life of Jesus. Our Lord realized His relationship to the Father even in the most menial work. “Jesus knowing … that He was come from God, and went to God; … took a towel, … and began to wash the disciples feet.”

The aim of the saint of God is “that I may "know" Him.” cf Eph 1:1KJV ONLY

Do I know Him where I am to-day? If not, I am failing Him. I am here not to realize myself, but to know Jesus. In Christian work the initiative is too often the realization that something has to be done and I must do it. That is never the attitude of the spiritual saint, his aim is to secure the realization of Jesus Christ in every set of circumstances he is in." . . . . Oswald Chambers 07-11 [today]

As stated: The initiative of the saint is not towards self-realization, as you presume every Christian lives for i.e., enlarge his carnal disposition and see it as a blessing of God much as dr. Scott did, but to know the gospel that in the "believing" of it leads the saint of God towards "'knowing' Him and Jesus Christ whom He has sent". What do you "believe" living by the Faith OF Jesus Christ is all about and that every Christian worth his salt should be pursuing? Rest assured, God knows the meaning of the word, "Believe".

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Faither,

Per the scriptures: God was to be believed upon. What then was the result of one's unbelief per the scriptures??

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Look in the English dictionary.
The definition of the word " believe " , is " mental ascent." And not a verb but an adverb.

BTW: "Believe" is a verb. Giving "mental ascent" is not believing for anything. Your twisting of the term "mental ascent" to misrepresent what I wrote is highly dishonest. You should repent of such an "ungodly" thing when explaining His Word.

Back atcha with your Vine's definition:

Vine's definition: Belief, Believe, Believers, Commit, Commission, Intrust, Trust

Strong's G4100: from <G4102> (pistis); to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), i.e. credit; by implication to entrust (especially one's spiritual well-being to Christ) :- believe (-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with.

'Nough said. If you don't get it after all of this, you never will.

Cross Reference

Check this out, Jerry. Read the Table of contents. Read the first chapter re "Carnal Christians". Best I have ever had it explained to me and by Andrew Murray:

https://jesus.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/the-masters-indwelling.pdf

Last edited:

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Fact 6 from the OP

6 ) The Greek word pisteuo could not be translated into the English language.

In the Greek language , they have the Greek word pistis , a noun , and pisteuo , the corresponding verb. Pisteuo is the action word the writers used to communicate how a specific action must be fulfilled to even have an opportunity to be in Christ.

The words and verb the English should have had for the translators are faithe , faither , and faithing. Simply adding the endings to our noun Faith to specifically communicate their messages.

Without those words being available , they had to choose an alternative word to try and translate pisteuo.

When they chose the words , believe , believer , and believing , they unknowingly changed the message the writers are communicating.

The true message is an initial surrendered life that must be accepted as genuine. A continuous surrender that must be tested in the parable of the sower. And an accepted surrendered life that God claims as His by sealing in His Spirit , the Grace deposit.

At this point it is harder to get out of His will than it is to stay in it.

The false message and what happened as the result of the translators using those words believe , believer , and believing , is that todays called out ones think as per the English mistranslation , only believing is required. That all we do is " believe " in what Christ did and said , accually accepting Him instead of Him accepting us.

And the most rediculous part is that todays called out ones think the Holy Spirit is sealed in us at that same moment of belief. That's just not possible ! However each of us understand pisteuo , is has to one be genuine , two be accepted as such , then tested in the parable of the sower where 3 out of the 4 fail! If the believe and recieve theology was true , those 3 that fail would have already had the Spirit of Christ in them. None of us are buying that.

The Salvation journey is a process of things and happenings , that must happen correctly and I the right order.

Questions on fact 6 ?

Cross Reference

If your facts were at least a bit more correct than your error is, I could possibly have a question or two but, since you are simply parroting someone else, I will forego any i might have for the sake thread brevity. You never answer them anyway. So it is no big deal.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
If your facts were at least a bit more correct than your error is, I could possibly have a question or two but, since you are simply parroting someone else, I will forego any i might have for the sake thread brevity. You never answer them anyway. So it is no big deal.

Ya , there just simple facts . There's really no questions that can be asked. Just wanted anyone following to have an opportunity to address any concerns.

Fact 6 just address the point , that the Greek used a verb form of Faith , pisteuo , and the English language could not translate pisteuo because of no verb form available.

I'll spell it out .

The most important word in the Bible , how we faithe into Christ , could not be translated into the English . Therefore , it was mistranslated , putting nearly every person following Christ on a false ( the wide ) path.

When this truth comes to them , and they turn from it , they become willing particants in and on the wide path Christ warns us about.

Cross Reference

I'll spell it out .

The most important word in the Bible , how we faithe into Christ , could not be translated into the English . Therefore , it was mistranslated , putting nearly every person following Christ on a false ( the wide ) path.

When this truth comes to them , and they turn from it , they become willing particants in and on the wide path Christ warns us about.

AMAZING!! And you are the only one who holds the keys to the reason why. Interesting but unfortunately, only worthy of a good laugh. :chuckle: :chuckle: :first: :hammer: :deadhorse: :p:shut: :shut: :DK: