ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Faither

BANNED
Banned
So why not use the word "believe" as it defines that part of us we must continue to exercise? . . of course you know what that part is? You are born again, right??

ON OP:

What are the other 2/3 and why is not the 1/3 mentioned that of saving faith?

OMT: Why don't you think "believing" has no roots in obedience? <Your declaration, not mine>.

I am not the one who needs the push. You are simply a very dishonest individual and I would hate to think I had to be beholden to you. . . . nevermind sitting under your teaching. ... whatever it is.

Ok , I'll see if there is anyone else that wants to talk about Christ and the salvation journey.

Hey , at least we agreed on the Greek dictionary's definition of pisteuo. It's not much , but it's something.

Who knows , maybe tomorrow you'll go far enough to agree with me that the English word "Faith" is a noun. But I won't get my hopes up.

Cross Reference

Ok , I'll see if there is anyone else that wants to talk about Christ and the salvation journey.

Hey , at least we agreed on the Greek dictionary's definition of pisteuo. It's not much , but it's something.

Who knows , maybe tomorrow you'll go far enough to agree with me that the English word "Faith" is a noun. But I won't get my hopes up.

I don't believe it makes much difference to anyone wanting to know God per John 17:3 whether the word "faith" is a noun, a verb or even a girls name or the word Pistis, Pastus or plasterdus is something other than believing when what he is determined to have a personal relationship with God through Christ Jesus. I am sure the Holy Spirit will be at his side administering his insight. I might suggest you get that into you noncompliant thought processes or move on to some noncompliant, nonChristian forum.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are not NT saving Faith.

Let's talk about it.

Cross Reference

I believe the link below reveals a great example of how deception can begin in one if he doesn't study to first understand the "elementary teachings of Jesus Christ" which stems from an earnest desire to know Him. That is not unlike the beginning steps of a child that advances his desire to understand the more of it all concerning his father; to learn His ways. When our heavenly Father sees this is when His LIFE enters in and the tutoring of the Holy Spirit begins His Work until: "Christ be formed in you" (Gal 4:19 KJV).. This is the process which results in "bringing many sons unto glory . . . . For both he that sanctifies and they who are [being] sanctified are all of one: for which cause He [Jesus] is not ashamed to call them brothers," Heb. 2:11 (KJV)

[Emphasis mine]

I hope this helps someone who might wish to understand the simplicity of it all and that God desires a vast family of Sons for which Redemption has made it possible.

You will find this to be a "question and answer" setting:

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=jon kilroy dr gene scott

July 7th

All noble things are difficult

"Enter ye in at the strait gate … because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way …" Matthew 7:13–14 .

"If we are going to live as disciples of Jesus, we have to remember that all noble things are difficult. The Christian life is gloriously difficult, but the difficulty of it does not make us faint and cave in, it rouses us up to overcome. Do we so appreciate the marvellous salvation of Jesus Christ that we are our utmost for His highest?

God saves men by His sovereign grace through the Atonement of Jesus; He works in us to will and to do of His good pleasure; but we have to work out that salvation in practical living. If once we start on the basis of His Redemption to do what He commands, we find that we can do it. If we fail, it is because we have not practised. The crisis will reveal whether we have been practising or not. If we obey the Spirit of God and practise in our physical life what God has put in us by His Spirit, then when the crisis comes, we shall find that our own nature as well as the grace of God will stand by us.

Thank God He does give us difficult things to do! His salvation is a glad thing, but it is also a heroic, holy thing. It [by temptations] tests us for all we are worth. Jesus is bringing many “sons unto glory,” and God will not shield us from the requirements of a son. God’s grace turns out men and women with a strong family likeness to Jesus Christ, not milksops. It takes a tremendous amount of discipline to live the noble life of a disciple of Jesus in actual things. It is always necessary to make an effort to be noble."

Oswald Chambers

[Emphasis mine]

Last edited:

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Looking forward to talk about Faith and faithing with someone who really desires to know Christ better.

Salvation Is by Grace, through Faith. The application of Faith is faithing , pisteuo in the Greek.

Christ is formed in our hearts by Faith. Faith is applied by pisteuo .

Christ is formed in our hearts by faithing.

Christ is formed in our hearts by , " a personal surrender of our lives to Him, ands life inspired by such surrender."

A continuous surrendered life is the root of what true zNT Faith and faithing are.

Simple "believing" in what Jesus said and did will not result in being filled with the Holy Spirit.

Questions ?

Jerry Shugart

On the subject of "faith" Sir Robert Anderson wrote the following:

"In its first and simplest phase in Scripture, faith is the belief of a record or testimony; it is, secondly, belief in a person; and it has, lastly, the character of trust, which always points to what is future. To speak of trust as the only true phase of gospel faith, is wholly false and wrong. In fact, the word generally rendered "trust," is never used in this connection once in Scripture. It is etymologically "hope," and the element of hope invariably enters into it. In what is pre-eminently the gospel book of the Bible, it occurs but once, and in.the sermons of the Acts we shall seek for it in vain. "We are saved by trust," is a statement at once true and scriptural, if only we understand salvation in its fullest sense, as yet to be made good to us in glory;' but the salvation of our souls is not matter of trust, but of faith in its simplest form. The redemption of our souls is a fact to us, because we believe the record God has given of His Son, no less so is the redemption of our bodies, but it is because of our trust in God. As the apostle writes to Timothy, "We trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, especially of those that believe." Trust springs from confidence in the person trusted, and that again depends on knowledge of the person confided in. In this sense, faith may be great or little, weak or strong " I write unto you, little children" (says the Apostle John), "because your sins are forgiven you for His name's sake."' Here is a testimony and a fact. Upon our state of soul may depend the realisation, the enjoyment of it, but this faith can admit of no degrees. But trust in God has as many degrees as there are saints on earth. Some believers could not trust Him for a single meal others can look to Him, without misgivings, to feed a thousand hungry mouths, or to convert a thousand godless sinners. Our faith in this sense, depends entirely on knowing God, and on communion with Him, the faith of the gospel comes by hearing Him" (Sir Robert Anderson, The Gospel and Its Ministry, Chapter Four).​

Faither

BANNED
Banned
On the subject of "faith" Sir Robert Anderson wrote the following:

"In its first and simplest phase in Scripture, faith is the belief of a record or testimony; it is, secondly, belief in a person; and it has, lastly, the character of trust, which always points to what is future. To speak of trust as the only true phase of gospel faith, is wholly false and wrong. In fact, the word generally rendered "trust," is never used in this connection once in Scripture. It is etymologically "hope," and the element of hope invariably enters into it. In what is pre-eminently the gospel book of the Bible, it occurs but once, and in.the sermons of the Acts we shall seek for it in vain. "We are saved by trust," is a statement at once true and scriptural, if only we understand salvation in its fullest sense, as yet to be made good to us in glory;' but the salvation of our souls is not matter of trust, but of faith in its simplest form. The redemption of our souls is a fact to us, because we believe the record God has given of His Son, no less so is the redemption of our bodies, but it is because of our trust in God. As the apostle writes to Timothy, "We trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, especially of those that believe." Trust springs from confidence in the person trusted, and that again depends on knowledge of the person confided in. In this sense, faith may be great or little, weak or strong " I write unto you, little children" (says the Apostle John), "because your sins are forgiven you for His name's sake."' Here is a testimony and a fact. Upon our state of soul may depend the realisation, the enjoyment of it, but this faith can admit of no degrees. But trust in God has as many degrees as there are saints on earth. Some believers could not trust Him for a single meal others can look to Him, without misgivings, to feed a thousand hungry mouths, or to convert a thousand godless sinners. Our faith in this sense, depends entirely on knowing God, and on communion with Him, the faith of the gospel comes by hearing Him" (Sir Robert Anderson, The Gospel and Its Ministry, Chapter Four).​

Thanks for a genuine reply.

With that said I'm not sure how it applies to my OP since I only hinted trust was a small part of pisteuo just as believing is. If one is believing or trusting in what Christ did or says in His word , without "pisteuo", ( a continually surrendered life to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender) , the connection with Christ or being "in Him" can not happen.

Are you understanding what I wrote in the OP ?

Especially concerning the exact Greek definition of pisteuo ?

There is no word in the Greek language for " believe". There is only pisteuo, continual actions moving towards God, or apisteuo, continual actions moving away from God. There is no such state of being communated in the Greek of just believing, or mental ascent. No neutral or middle ground.

NT pisteuo is a specific action. It's defined in the Vines Greek dictionary and I quote ,"pisteuo is a personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender."

NT apisteuo, is everything other than that exact definition of pisteuo.

I hope you'll reply back.

Jerry Shugart

If one is believing or trusting in what Christ did or says in His word , without "pisteuo", ( a continually surrendered life to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender) , the connection with Christ or being "in Him" can not happen.

So you think that in order to be "in Him" a person must do more than believe the gospel?

Even though a person who lives during the present dispensation believes the gospel and is saved he might not be in the Body of Christ?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
So you think that in order to be "in Him" a person must do more than believe the gospel?

Even though a person who lives during the present dispensation believes the gospel and is saved he might not be in the Body of Christ?

There is no such thing as "believing" in the gospel in the original Greek. Every time you read the words believe, believing , and believer in the English Bible , that's pisteuo in the Greek.

The OP explains the basics of what I'm saying.

Jerry Shugart

There is no such thing as "believing" in the gospel in the original Greek. Every time you read the words believe, believing , and believer in the English Bible , that's pisteuo in the Greek.

The OP explains the basics of what I'm saying.

So the word pisteuo does not mean "believing" despite the fact that it can be defined as "to think to be true" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon)?

Do you think that the people spoken of in the following passage were placing their "trust" in the Lord Jesus?:

"Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed (pisteuō) in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did. But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men"
(Jn.2:23-24).​

If your answer is "yes" then please tell me why the Lord would not commit Himself to those people?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
So the word pisteuo does not mean "believing" despite the fact that it can be defined as "to think to be true" (Thayer's Greek English Lexicon)?

Do you think that the people spoken of in the following passage were placing their "trust" in the Lord Jesus?:

"Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed (pisteuō) in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did. But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men"
(Jn.2:23-24).​

If your answer is "yes" then please tell me why the Lord would not commit Himself to those people?

Right, their act of "pisteuo" their object of faithing was "His name" , Not in Christ Himself.

That is why he couldn't commit Himself into them.

Jerry , it's important to understand, that pisteuo , the Greek word used for applying Faith , was mistranslated into the English , and , by the same token will be mistranslated back out of the English.

The only disclaimer we get is the Strongs where it specifically says and I quote, " pisteuo means NOT just to believe."

The Vines is the most accurate and I also quote ," pisteuo is a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender."

What is it we are surrendering ? Our lives , imperfectly , but continually , a half measure avails nothing.

Trust comes in as the result of fulfilling true pisteuo or faithing . We trust that He has accepted our Faithing , we trust He will continue to accept our faithing , we trust He will keep us , guide us, hide us , and perfect us. We trust He will engage in a personal relationship with us, in secret.

I kind of need to know if you understand the OP ?
It would save me having to repeat the post.
Ask any questions you may have.

Thanks

Cross Reference

The Vines is the most accurate and I also quote ," pisteuo is a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender."

And not to do that is the result of unbelief..

Jesus refused them for the exact same reason Paul refused Simon.

Last edited:

Faither

BANNED
Banned
And not do that is the result of unbelief..

I thought of an example that might help me communicate what I'm trying to say to you CR .

If I say this sentence.
"If Bob walks to the store , he will find bread."

Now what if the English language doesn't have the word "walks" to communicate that sentence ?And they had to only use one word to translate it ?

This is what they might have done.
" If Bob "thinks" to the store , he will find bread."

Replacing the correct or desired word "walks", with another word "thinks " , that at least encompasses a piece of the intended message , but doesn't communicate it correctly. Yes thinking is part of getting to the store , but taken by itself, just thinking will not get Bob to the store.

This is what happened when they had to translate "pisteuo" . Because they didn't have the words faithe , faither , and faithing , they chose the secondary choice of believe , believer , and believing. Believing in what He said and did is not NT Faith and faithing.

Only a continual surrendering of our lives to Him ( a real living person) and living a life inspired by such surrender is NT Faith and faithing.

Yes believing is a part of faithing , but taken by itself without a continually surrendered life , will avail nothing.

Jerry Shugart

Right, their act of "pisteuo" their object of faithing was "His name" , Not in Christ Himself.

Then why were people saved by believing in His name?:

"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21).​

And why did the "faith in His name" serve to heal the lame man who believed?:

"And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses. And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all" (Acts 3:15-16).

Would you address those verses?

Thanks!

Cross Reference

Only a continual surrendering of our lives to Him ( a real living person) and living a life inspired by such surrender is NT Faith and faithing.

Yes believing is a part of faithing , but taken by itself without a continually surrendered life , will avail nothing.

So when I am not inspired I am not living by faith, is that it?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Then why were people saved by believing in His name?:

"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21).​

And why did the "faith in His name" serve to heal the lame man who believed?:

"And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses. And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all" (Acts 3:15-16).

Would you address those verses?

Thanks!

Jerry are you going to address the OP ? When we can come to an agreement on what NT Faith and Faith are , then we can maybe discuss God's word.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
So when I am not inspired I am not living by faith, is that it?

Pisteuo is two parts . One a continually surrendered life. And two , making the many daily desisions inspired by such surrender.

This means , that by the many daily desisions we make, it shows God if we really have and are practicing pisteuo. By our own actions we show our Lord if we genuinely have surrendered our lives to Him , or we are still serving ourselves.

Less of us , more of Him.

Deny self, take up your cross , and follow Him.