ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Then why were people saved by believing in His name?:

"And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21).​

And why did the "faith in His name" serve to heal the lame man who believed?:

"And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses. And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all" (Acts 3:15-16).

Would you address those verses?

Thanks!

Jerry

The first thing that a legit Bible teacher will make sure is understood before dicerning Scripture is a solid understanding of pisteuo.

If an correct understanding of Faith and faithing are not established , it will adversely affect everything that is read.

popsthebuilder

The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.
A little late to the topic.

It can be gathered from comprehension of the Bible that believing is such that it will persuade one to take action due to said belief. It isn't just saying you believe in something. Name one thing someone actually believes in that they won't act upon given the opportunity, or that one doesn't dictate their actions by.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Cross Reference

It can be gathered from comprehension of the Bible that believing is such that it will persuade one to take action due to said belief. It isn't just saying you believe in something. Name one thing someone actually believes in that they won't act upon given the opportunity, or that one doesn't dictate their actions by.

And by what single word defines for our understanding what such action would be the result of that our English word "believe" or "believing" gives itself quite nicely to in explaining the Greek from which it is derived?

popsthebuilder

And by what single word defines for our understanding what such action would be the result of that our English word "believe" or "believing" gives itself quite nicely to in explaining the Greek from which it is derived?
I'm sorry. I did not understand the question friend. Could you word it differently?

The word believe is evidently misleading to some or we wouldn't have the Reformation scism.

Cross Reference

"And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us. And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us." Luke 9:49-50 (KJV)

Jerry Shugart

Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender."

Vine defines the word as "to believe," also "to be persuaded of," and hence, "to place confidence in, to trust," signifies, in this sense of the word, reliance upon, not mere credence."

Of course "believing" the things of God results in saving "faith."

And the following defines saving faith:

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen"
(Heb.11:1).​

The true believer has the evidence of things which are not seen because the Lord has given us an understanding of the things of God:

"And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ"
(1 Jn.5:20).​

We know these things are true because true faith comes "in the power of God" (1 Cor.2:5).

The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender."

Believing something, even when it results in saving faith, is not the same thing as a "personal surrender to Him."

Sometimes believing results in a personal surrender to God but not in every case. Believing and surrendering to Him are not the same thing, as witnessed by the following passage:

"Now when he was in Jerusalem at the passover, in the feast day, many believed (pisteuō) in his name, when they saw the miracles which he did. But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men" (Jn.2:23-24).​

There were miracle-made believers. They believed in His name because of the miracles which He did but that "belief" did not result in a saving faith because the Lord did not commit Himself to them.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

The beginning of "personal surrender" can only happen at one's new birth from above when one becomes a son per John 1:12 KJV ONLY. It is at this point in time when the "son" surrenders his will to the tutorship of the head schoolmaster; the Holy Spirit for the purpose of learning the ways of his [Heavenly] Father i.e., obedience unto the Faith of THE Son of God, Jesus Christ. cf Gal 2:20; 4:19 KJV ONLY.

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Hey pops , glad to hear from you.

In your reply , you touched on an important piece of this very simple , but hard to understand truth about Faith and faithing , or pistis and pisteuo.

If you have a good understanding of the OP , I can expand a little more.

You said " name one thing someone actually believes in that they won't act on it given the opportunity."

Because the English language has no verb form of Faith like The Greek does (faithe , faithing , faither ) nobody realizes that we perform 100's even 1000'sof acts of faithing everyday.

Everything from getting out of bed , to making breakfast , to driving to work , everything we do is "an act , based upon a belief , sustained by confidence." We are beings that "faithe" continually , and " believing" is always apart of that , but not the entire act.

Now this is where "pisteuo" comes in.
Pisteuo , used 248 times in the NT is a SPECIFIC kind of act of faithing. It is defined in the Vines as " a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender. The Strongs give us a disclaimer when it says , " pisteuo means NOT just to believe."

My point is , that because the English language has no verb form of the noun Faith like the Greek does ( pisteuo = faithe , faither , faithing ) . it has affected not only how we understand the Scriptures and NT saving Faith , but a true understanding of all the things we do everyday , and our primary purpose of life here on Earth.

We are all faithers.

popsthebuilder

Hey pops , glad to hear from you.

In your reply , you touched on an important piece of this very simple , but hard to understand truth about Faith and faithing , or pistis and pisteuo.

If you have a good understanding of the OP , I can expand a little more.

You said " name one thing someone actually believes in that they won't act on it given the opportunity."

Because the English language has no verb form of Faith like The Greek does (faithe , faithing , faither ) nobody realizes that we perform 100's even 1000'sof acts of faithing everyday.

Everything from getting out of bed , to making breakfast , to driving to work , everything we do is "an act , based upon a belief , sustained by confidence." We are beings that "faithe" continually , and " believing" is always apart of that , but not the entire act.

Now this is where "pisteuo" comes in.
Pisteuo , used 248 times in the NT is a SPECIFIC kind of act of faithing. It is defined in the Vines as " a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender. The Strongs give us a disclaimer when it says , " pisteuo means NOT just to believe."

My point is , that because the English language has no verb form of the noun Faith like the Greek does ( pisteuo = faithe , faither , faithing ) . it has affected not only how we understand the Scriptures and NT saving Faith , but a true understanding of all the things we do everyday , and our primary purpose of life here on Earth.

We are all faithers.
We are in agreement.

One cannot love GOD and be unfaithful to GOD at the same time.

popsthebuilder

Faithfulness expresses it quite right to me personally.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Faithfulness expresses it quite right to me personally.

I like Faithfulness also. But, faithfulness is a different word in the Greek and would have a different specific definition.

We can't forget the Greek language is the most precise ever known. Unlike the English which would be closer to the worst.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I like Faithfulness also. But, faithfulness is a different word in the Greek and would have a different specific definition.

We can't forget the Greek language is the most precise ever known. Unlike the English which would be closer to the worst.

The Greek word for faithfulness is " Pistos ."
Different word , different meaning , different usages.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
This kind of highlights the problem this thread is intended to address.

Instead of the Salvation journey moving from Faith = faithing = faithfulness , or pistis = pisteuo = pistos , because pisteuo was mistranslatied , todays church world unknowingly goes from Faith to faithfulness , or pistis to pistos. Both without the mandatory surrendered life to Him.

Pisteuo overlaps all three. Pisteuo starts , maintains, and completes the Faith walk her on Earth. Pisteuo produces Faith and faithfulness.

popsthebuilder

Instead of the Salvation journey moving from Faith = faithing = faithfulness , or pistis = pisteuo = pistos , because pisteuo was mistranslatied , todays church world unknowingly goes from Faith to faithfulness , or pistis to pistos. Both without the mandatory surrendered life to Him.

Pisteuo overlaps all three. Pisteuo starts , maintains, and completes the Faith walk her on Earth. Pisteuo produces Faith and faithfulness.
Faithfulness is synonymous with submission to the will of one's adoration.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The church world thinks that state of faithfulness comes by " believing " in what Jesus said and did . That word "believing" is not what true NT pisteuo is.

Cross Reference

Obedience produces faith. Your explanation is total 'mystical' nonsense; without merit when considering Redemption being a totally "new foundation" upon which is built a "totally new creation" Authored by Jesus Christ that when understood and received to one's mind will the Holy Spirit enter and seal that one to the purpose of the "new birth from above" with conquering self being first and formost in the Mind of God.
Now, using scripture, kindly make the attempt to prove me wrong.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Obedience produces faith. Your explanation is total 'mystical' nonsense; without merit when considering Redemption being a totally "new foundation" upon which is built a "totally new creation" Authored by Jesus Christ that when understood and received to one's mind will the Holy Spirit enter and seal that one to the purpose of the "new birth from above" with conquering self being first and formost in the Mind of God.
Now, using scripture, kindly make the attempt to prove me wrong.

Obedience is still another Greek word. Not pisteuo !

These are the NT writers words , not. Mine.