ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

My apologies for having to keep bumping my OP.
Try to look past the personal attacks to the warning this post contains.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Bumped again for serious discussion concerning the facts I've presented.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
No man can get at God as Jesus Christ presents Him, by philosophy.

I'm trying new meet you at a level where you can have a discussion about Faith and faithing. I'm open to suggestions.
No man can come to God with personal attacks , that we can all agree on. But that seems to be all you have to offer, I'm not interested in that kind of discourse.

If inflicting hate on me to cause pain is your goal, you have hit the mark many times. I'm not looking forward to your next slap in my face , but I'll take it for our Lord Jesus Christ .

Cross Reference

I'm trying new meet you at a level where you can have a discussion about Faith and faithing. I'm open to suggestions.
No man can come to God with personal attacks , that we can all agree on. But that seems to be all you have to offer, I'm not interested in that kind of discourse.

If inflicting hate on me to cause pain is your goal, you have hit the mark many times. I'm not looking forward to your next slap in my face , but I'll take it for our Lord Jesus Christ .

I don't suppose anything I offer up will be taken differently by you. Why? Because I will always be antagonistic to your religious persuasion. What does one do when scripture is being used in an illegitiment manner to persuade one away from the Truth and simplicity of God's word..

That said, I have to ask if it is your intention to charge folk on this forum for your religious services as Gene Scott did?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Im guessing we'll never know CR. All you've offered is misrepresentation , personal attacks , rudeness , hate , and harassment.
If you could just get past your dislike of me and focus on what I've presented , maybe we could both grow in Christ.

Cross Reference

Im guessing we'll never know CR. All you've offered is misrepresentation , personal attacks , rudeness , hate , and harassment.
If you could just get past your dislike of me and focus on what I've presented , maybe we could both grow in Christ.

Do you really believe you are owed anything for your 'services'?

Last edited:

Faither

BANNED
Banned

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. OpAn indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

Salvation is by Grace through Faith.

"Through Faith" , is applied or fulfilled by the use of the Greek word pisteuo.

Pisteuo could not be translated into the English language.

The Strongs Greek dictionary specifically says and I quote " pisteuo means NOT just to believe."

So anyone "just believing" is being decieved.

It's time to start dealing with these facts.

Cross Reference

Salvation is by Grace through Faith."

I believe that is what I wrote.

"Through Faith" , is applied or fulfilled by the use of the Greek word pisteuo.

To believe is to trust in and rely upon whatever persuades one. That is just good Greek understanding.

Pisteuo could not be translated into the English language.

I believe the definition I offered up is universally accepted as being what the Greek states:

from <G4102> (pistis); to have faith (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), i.e. credit; by implication to entrust (especially one's spiritual well-being to Christ) :- believe (-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with. . . . . . . Strong's Talking Greek & Hebrew Dictionary.

The Strongs Greek dictionary specifically says and I quote " pisteuo means NOT just to believe."

So anyone "just believing" is being decieved.

Based upon what should anyone depart from the definition of the word, "BELIEVE"?

It's time to start dealing with these facts.

Let it begin with you. . . . . I hope you haven't written any books on your findings. It would be a huge mistake.

Faither

BANNED
Banned

Vines Greek dictionary specifically states and I quote " pisteuo is a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender."

Two specific continual actions encompass pisteuo or faithing into Christ.

Strongs : pisteuo means not just to believe. But reliance upon.

Basic facts about pisteuo.

Be aware of those who stand on believing, until they are exposed , and jump from believing to trust and commitment which contradicts their "believing" theology.

These people are agnostic . An agnostic is someone who will give the illusion they stand on something, but try to pin them down and they just move to another illusion. Sadly, they probably don't even realize this.

Pisteuo is a complete imperfect , continual surrendering of our lives to Christ. And , an imperfect, continual life of decisions that support our surrendered life.

When pisteuo or faithing is being fulfilled correctly , our mind set is our lives are no longer ours anymore but His.

Anything less than this is lukewarm.

Cross Reference

Vines Greek dictionary specifically states and I quote " pisteuo is a personal surrender to Him , and a life inspired by such surrender."

That is what "believing" is all about. Too bad that seems over your head for your understanding.

You are simply defining what you are by this . . . <your admission, not mine>:

. . . . . An agnostic is someone who will give the illusion they stand on something, but try to pin them down and they just move to another illusion. Sadly, they probably don't even realize this.

It labels a person who is simply willfully ignorant..

Faither

BANNED
Banned

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteu?"

Since you now agree with the factual definitions I've presented defining pisteuo in the OP , what specifically do you disagree with ?

Please read the OP carefully , and tell me exactly what you disagree with.

We established a place of agreement with pisteuo being a" personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender", so let's take another baby step together.

You could either reply to what you disagree with , or something maybe you agree with concerning the OP specifically.

Cross Reference

Since you now agree with the factual definitions I've presented defining pisteuo in the OP , what specifically do you disagree with ?

So why not use the word "believe" as it defines that part of us we must continue to exercise? . . of course you know what that part is? You are born again, right??

ON OP:
The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

What are the other 2/3 and why is not the 1/3 mentioned that of saving faith?

OMT: Why don't you think "believing" has no roots in obedience? <Your declaration, not mine>.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
So why not use the word "believe" as it defines that part of us we must continue to exercise? . . of course you know what that part is? You are born again, right??

ON OP:

OMT: Why don't you think "believing" has no roots in obedience? <Your declaration, not mine>.

If we're going to discuss this , we need to go slow and make sure we're on the same page.

We agree that in the Greek texts , pistis is the noun for Faith , and pisteuo is the corresponding verb.

Do you agree , that the English does have the noun to translate pistis, " Faith" , but does not have a verb form in the English to translate pisteuo like the Greek texts do.

Please answer that question.

It's my understanding , that because there wasn't a verb to translate pisteuo , correctly, they went with the next best thing which was to communicate that pisteuo is a verb.

A verb is an action , based upon a "belief" , sustained by confidence.

So the only other word that the translators could come close to communicating pisteuo is "believing". Which just tells us pisteuo is a verb , and only defines one third of what a verb is at that.

If faithe , faither , and faithing were available to the translators like it is in the Greek language , we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Cross Reference

If we're going to discuss this , we need to go slow and make sure we're on the same page.

OK

We agree that in the Greek texts , pistis is the noun for Faith , and pisteuo is the corresponding verb.

Whatever

Do you agree , that the English does have the noun to translate pistis, " Faith" , but does not have a verb form in the English to translate pisteuo like the Greek texts do.

Please answer that question.

Only if you can show/prove the importance of is relevancy. I have no problem understanding what believing infers.

It's my understanding , that because there wasn't a verb to translate pisteuo , correctly, they went with the next best thing which was to communicate that pisteuo is a verb.

A verb is an action , based upon a "belief", sustained by confidence.

And?? I already know that. Belief or Believing is an action. There is nothing new in that.

So the only other word that the translators could come close to communicating pisteuo is "believing". Which just tells us pisteuo is a verb , and only defines one third of what a verb is at that.

AND??

So by using the word "believe" does what to that which is implied and we know the definition taken from the Greek defines believing to be the word of choice by the translators by declaring it covers all the bases . . . plus nothing. Everything that comes after is by spiritual insight easily recognized by the born again. So now we can conclude that: "only if you continue to believe" means what it says even in the most intimate relational circumstances with God..

If faithe , faither , and faithing were available to the translators like it is in the Greek language , we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Only if you understand the word "believe" covers all the bases as used in scripture..

Cross Reference

ON OP:

Faither

BANNED
Banned

ON OP:

OK

Whatever

Only if you can show/prove the importance of is relevancy. I have no problem understanding what believing infers.

And?? I already know that. Belief or Believing is an action. There is nothing new in that.

AND??

So by using the word "believe" does what to that which is implied and we know the definition taken from the Greek defines believing to be the word of choice by the translators by declaring it covers all the bases . . . plus nothing. Everything that comes after is by spiritual insight easily recognized by the born again. So now we can conclude that: "only if you continue to believe" means what it says even in the most intimate relational circumstances with God..

Only if you understand the word "believe" covers all the bases as used in scripture..

So you won't acknowledge the English language has no verb form of the noun "Faith " like the Greek does?

This is just a fact about our English language. This is not an opinion I'm pushing. Important to establish these points of reference for our discussion to hopefully move forward.

Cross Reference

For the man of God that beyond his believing, what is there left except his obedience to the Word of God which produces faith??

. . . . . . PLEASE ANSWER THAT QUESTION!

Faither

BANNED
Banned

ON OP:

For the man of God that beyond his believing, what is there left except his obedience to the Word of God which produces faith??

. . . . . . PLEASE ANSWER THAT QUESTION!

Ok , I won't push you.