ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Incorrect English translation :Mt 21:22 "And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."

Corrected Greek translation Mt 21:22, "And all things you ask in prayer, by continually surrendering your lives to Me , you will receive."

I've simply removed the mistranslated word believing , and added the definition of pisteuo from the Greek dictionary word for word .

Cross Reference

The bow in the cloud

"I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between Me and the earth". Genesis 9:13.

It is the will of God that human beings should get into moral relationship with Him, and His covenants are for this purpose. ‘Why does not God save me?’ He has saved me, but I have not entered into relationship with Him. 'Why does not God do this and that?’ He has done it, the point is—Will I step into covenant relationship? All the great blessings of God are finished and complete, but they are not mine until I enter into relationship with Him on the basis of His covenant.

Waiting for God is incarnate unbelief, it means that I have no faith in Him; I wait for Him to do something in me that I may trust in that. God will not do it, because that is not the basis of the God-and-man relationship. Man has to go out of himself in his covenant with God as God goes out of Himself in His covenant with man. It is a question of faith in God—the rarest thing; we have faith only in our feelings. I do not believe God unless He will give me something in my hand whereby I may know I have it, then I say—‘Now I believe.’ There is no faith there. “Look unto Me, and be ye saved.”

When I have really transacted business with God on His covenant and have let go entirely, there is no sense of merit, no human ingredient in it at all, but a complete overwhelming sense of being brought into union with God, and the whole thing is transfigured with peace and joy.

Oswald Chambers

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Incorrect English translation : MT 21:25 "The baptism of John was from what source, from heaven or from men?" And they began reasoning among themselves, saying, "If we say, 'From heaven,' He will say to us, 'Then why did you not believe him?'

Corrected Greek translation :MT 21:25 "The baptism of John was from what source, from heaven or from men?" And they began reasoning among themselves, saying, "If we say, 'From heaven,' He will say to us, 'Then why did you not "surrender your lives to " him?'

Just replacing the mistranslated Greek word pisteuo , believe , believer , and believing with the Greek dictionary's definition of pisteuo .

Cross Reference

"Have I learned to submit my will to Jesus? When we are rightly related to God we have uncovered to us for the first time the power of our own wills. Our wills are infirm through sin, but when we are sanctified there is revealed to us the pure pristine will-power with which God created us, and which the Holy Ghost calls into action. Then we have to submit our will to Jesus as He submitted His will to His Father. How was Jesus one with His Father when He was in this human frame? By complete obedience, complete dependence, and complete intercourse with Him all the time."

Chambers, O. (1965). Our brilliant heritage. London: Marshall, Morgan & Scott.

God's Truth

"Have I learned to submit my will to Jesus? When we are rightly related to God we have uncovered to us for the first time the power of our own wills. Our wills are infirm through sin, but when we are sanctified there is revealed to us the pure pristine will-power with which God created us, and which the Holy Ghost calls into action. Then we have to submit our will to Jesus as He submitted His will to His Father. How was Jesus one with His Father when He was in this human frame? By complete obedience, complete dependence, and complete intercourse with Him all the time."

Chambers, O. (1965). Our brilliant heritage. London: Marshall, Morgan & Scott.

Too bad we don't have teachings from Chambers about how Calvinism is false.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Faither,

1)You seem to be saying without believing what you are teaching about faithing, there is no salvation. Am I correct?

2)Do you agree that Christians are Jesus' followers?

thanks.

Cross Reference

Faither,

1)You seem to be saying without believing what you are teaching about faithing, there is no salvation. Am I correct?

2)Do you agree that Christians are Jesus' followers?

thanks.

What he should be saying based upon his beliefs is by faith we are saved and by continuing in faith are we made sons of God [disciples of Jesus] and that based upon the understanding given us in John 1:12 KJV translation..

Cross Reference

Let's talk about Jesus' words not the words of the Calvinist Oswald Chambers.

No. I like Oswald Chambers' understanding of the scriptures, He ws smarter than Calvin, that changed his life. BWT, if you read him you would know he was not of Calvin. But you won't do that because you like arguing too much.

God's Truth

No. I like Oswald Chambers' understanding of the scriptures, He ws smarter than Calvin, that changed his life. BWT, if you read him you would know he was not of Calvin. But you won't do that because you like arguing too much.

Oswald Chambers was converted under the ministry of the preacher Charles H. Spurgeon.

Charles Spurgeon was a Calvinist.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Incorrect English translation of the Greek word "pisteuo."
Matthew 21:32
32 "For John came to you in the way of righteousness and you did not believe him; but the tax collectors and prostitutes did believe him; and you, seeing this, did not even feel remorse afterward so as to believe him.

Corrected translation of the Greek word "pisteuo."
32 "For John came to you in the way of righteousness and you did not completely trust your life to him; but the tax collectors and prostitutes did trust their lives to him; and you, seeing this, did not even feel remorse afterward so as to surrender your lives to him.

Your asking the wrong questions Meshak. Read the OP multiple times , meditate on it then ask me the right question .

Right Divider

Body part
Incorrect English translation of the Greek word "pisteuo."
32 "For John came to you in the way of righteousness and you did not believe him; but the tax collectors and prostitutes did believe him; and you, seeing this, did not even feel remorse afterward so as to believe him.

Corrected translation of the Greek word "pisteuo."
32 "For John came to you in the way of righteousness and you did not completely trust your life to him; but the tax collectors and prostitutes did trust their lives to him; and you, seeing this, did not even feel remorse afterward so as to surrender your lives to him.

Your asking the wrong questions Meshak. Read the OP multiple times , meditate on it then ask me the right question .
Adding to the Word of God is a grievous sin!

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I'm only replacing the mistranslated word " believe" with the Greek dictionary s definition of the mistranslated. Greek Word pisteuo . So I'm not adding anything it a better understanding of what the original writters were trying to communicate.

Right Divider

Body part
I'm only replacing the mistranslated word " believe" with the Greek dictionary s definition of the mistranslated. Greek Word pisteuo . So I'm not adding anything it a better understanding of what the original writters were trying to communicate.
Where did you get this magic "Greek dictionary"?

Matt 21:32 (AKJV/PCE)
(21:32) For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen [it], repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.

G4100 πιστεύω pisteuo (piy-stev'-ō) v.
1. to trust (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), i.e. credit.
2. (passively) to be convinced.
3. (also) to entrust (especially with one's spiritual well-being to Christ).
[from G4102]
KJV: believe(-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with
Root(s): G4102
See also: G4104

Where do we find the word LIFE or LIVES included in THAT Greek word?

It's NOT there. That is YOUR idea and you've ADDED it to scripture. Grave sin.

Wick Stick

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word "faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none.
Actually, the English word "lief" - the root of the word believe - carries exactly the meaning.

The problem is that words change in meaning over time and with great use. The word "believe" got dumbed down through overuse to the point that it carries the modern meaning you ascribe to it. Originally, it meant more; much more.